MiWiFi nano | Xiaomi Mi-router nano | [wifirouter] Discussion, firmware, configuration, suggestions

Rep: (1300)
Xiaomi Mi Router Nano - Discussion
Official page | MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router | Xiaomi mini | Xiaomi MiWiFi 3 пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi (client for Android) | Xiaomi club

Attached Image

Attention!
One more photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
Padavan comparison with mini version
Visual comparisonTykCPU identical with 7620, DRAM controller is the same, abolished SDR, DDR1 / DDR2 remained. Simplified switch (from RT5350), cut off HW_NAT, added AES_Engine, another Wireless module (analog PCIe MT7603E). USB2 host is also identical. Replaced UPHY with USB2 and EPHY on all 5 ports with new options with reduced consumption. CPU performance is identical. Radio - immediately say what is best. Those. good TD.

• CPU MT7628N 580MHz;
  • ROM: 16MB SPI Flash;
  • RAM: 64MB DDR2;
  • 2.4 Ghz WiFi 2x2 (up to 300 Mbps);
  • WAN (up to 100 Mbps);
  • LAN x2 (up to 100 Mbps);
  • External non-directional antennas - 2 pcs;
  • It can work up to 30 hours from 10.000 mAh paverbank, connects via microUSB.

Equipment:
    Instruction * 1
    Warranty card * 1
    Power supply (5V / 1A) * 1
Reviews
FAQ
  • Firmware comparison
    Currently there is3 workersfirmware for our little animal with you:
    1. Stock firmware:
    Pros:
    • Pre-installed and working;
    • Has the ability to control through the app on a smartphone.
    Minuses:
    • Chinese andonly chinesenow English, to get the language, change the wifi region to Europe and upgrade the firmware;
    • There is no normal support for L2TP from Beeline (thank God, the Beeline changed its mind and in some regions allowed to connect without a tunnel);
    • No IGMP support (IPTV);
    • Strongly loads the processor.

2. OpenWRT (PandoraBox)
    Pros:
    • Flexible and with patience it can be completed by installing additional packages.
    Minuses:
    • Requires SSH access, and some configuration.

3. XRMWRT (Padavan)
    Pros:
    • Works great and is easily customizable;
    • Excellent speed and stability;
    • Everything comes immediately in the kit;
    • The presence of skins;
    • The standard firmware package includes a lot of programs;
    • High security;
    • Initially in Russian.
    Minuses:
    • Does not extend in open access, demands independent assembly;
    • Requires access to SSH;
    • The system section is read only.

• How to get access via SSH and flash the router
  • How to upload any file to the device
    "Plan A" From any network share, download with the console command:
    wget (full link to firmware) -P / tmp

"Plan b" Can use WinSCP (in SCP mode) in order to push the required file into the tmp folder: protocol - SCP, host - 192.168.31.1, port - 22, name - root, password - your password you received along with the SSH file.

• How to flash any firmware
    1. Determine where to write the firmware with the command:
    cat / proc / mtd

2. Remember what the console gives you: it can be "firmware", "OS1" or "FirmwareStub";
    3. Flash the firmware lying along the path /tmp/your_proshivka.bin with the command:
    mtd -r write / tmp / (your_program) (section_name)

Where(section_name) - section ("firmware", "OS1" or "FirmwareStub" depending on your device);
    (your_proshivka) - the name of the firmware file.

Please note that on the XRMWRT firmware, the command and section will be different:
    mtd_write -r write / tmp / (your firmware) Firmware_Stub

• Back up partitions
    To display sections we write:
    cat / proc / mtd

Kernel + RootFS backup is not needed. Firmware_Stub is the sum of the Kernel + RootFS partitions. Ie the firmware image is entirely there, the entry point to RootFS is calculated automatically from the offset in the header image.
    In turn, save:
    cp / dev / mtd0 / tmp
    cp / dev / mtd1 / tmp
    cp / dev / mtd2 / tmp
    cp / dev / mtd5 / tmp
    cp / dev / mtd6 / tmp

After the procedure, you need to transfer everything to the computer (as we saved them to the RAM, you can pull it out according to plan B, which is higher), and restore it if necessary (note that the openwrt team will notmtd_write , but mtd ):
    mtd_write write /tmp/mtd0.bin Bootloader
    mtd_write write /tmp/mtd1.bin Config
    mtd_write write /tmp/mtd2.bin Factory
    mtd_write write /tmp/mtd5.bin Storage
    mtd_write write /tmp/mtd6.bin Firmware_Stub

• No part of settings
    Try to connect via SHTTP or not via Wi-Fi and LAN.

• The web interface of the stock firmware does not open
    One of the domestic antiviruses was noticed on blocking it, well, correctly, I would block Chinese garbage too, it can be treated by deleting it before flashing it.Read more ...

Firmware

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the COMPLAINT button under the messages.

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 10.07.19, 09:02
Reason for editing: curator removal

Rep: (1)
Damn what to take, while the sale is on Ali, nano or from 5 GHz?

Rep: (8)
* lolipopka
Did not finish looking
* AIDGEO,
If we are talking about the price of 18.99 at the sale, then take it of course.

I will have two different ones, I will try to compare .. My still just goes ... Estonian Post is not in a hurry.

Rep: (7)
Who has tried, is it possible to get Rostelecom IPTV through it? Is able, will pull?

Rep: (22)
AIDGEO @ 09/23/2015, 21:20*
Damn what to take, while the sale is on Ali, nano or from 5 GHz?

c 5 GHz

gPaskal @ Today, 00:48*
IPTV Rostelecom? Is able, will pull?

Unfortunately, the stock firmware can not do this, but there are no custom ones yet.

Rep: (41)
So I did not know that NANO also appeared, bought a fool at the sale. And I wanted it with 5 GHz ...

Rep: (173)
So I did not know that NANO also appeared, bought a fool at the sale. And I wanted it with 5 GHz ...

You are not alone. I have to come soon. I hope the speed will be on the levels)))

What is all conspired and buy from eternalov?

Unfortunately, the stock firmware can not do this, but there are no custom ones yet.

And Padavanovskaya under it is not collected like a mini?
There is a crazy idea to make a nano repeater for IPTV over WiFi and power from the console. I understand that the stock firmware multicast stream will not miss.

* gPaskal at the moment it does not work.

* Freize,
So far, just a few users, I think we will find a way out.

Rep: (22)
And Padavanovskaya under it is not collected like a mini?
There is a crazy idea to make a nano repeater for IPTV over WiFi and power from the console. I understand that the stock firmware multicast stream will not miss.

if you have knowledge you can collect
in the same ssh it is possible to activate?

if you have knowledge you can collect

Yes, what knowledge is there. All at the level of "I was released from the institute." : Sveta: That's why I got here, before the self-assembly of the firmware, even from the finished months of self-study, according to optimistic forecasts.

Post has been editedgPaskal - 24.09.15, 16:29

Rep: (97)
Lolipopka @ 09/23/2015, 10:02*
full usb is a killer feature

it's hard not to agree: beee:

Post has been editedTiCross - 24.09.15, 17:02

Rep: (1)
Does this nano have a WIFI repeater function or not?

* AIDGEO, of course there is.

Rep: (41)
Well, if there is a Mini and Nano on the official site, and the Mini has been sold in the product description, I’ll take another 10 bucks off it .... you bastard ... I can’t calm down with such a nae ... (although I’m partly to blame - in the description only one 2.4Gh). Red price him -10 usd.

Post has been editedariss77 - 26.09.15, 16:56

Rep: (94)
Ariss77 @ 09/26/2015, 15:55*
Well, if there is a Mini and Nano on the official site, and the Mini has been sold in the product description, I’ll take another 10 bucks off it .... you bastard ... I can’t calm down with such a nae ... (although I’m partly to blame - in the description only one 2.4Gh). Red price him -10 usd.

also almost got caught ... especially with many sellers in the description is a complete copy of the mini, but in the end ... but the number of sales has increased))

You are talking about a seller so arguing?

Rep: (173)
Ariss77 @ 09/26/2015, 16:55*
Well, if there is a Mini and Nano on the official site, and the Mini had in the product description, I’ll take another 10 bucks off it .... you bastard ... I can’t calm down with such a nae ...
Personally, I fell for the name of the "Original Xiaomi Router, Mini Wi-Fi Router";

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/28/19, 06:04