MiWiFi nano | Xiaomi Mi-router nano | [wifirouter] Discussion, firmware, configuration, suggestions

Rep: (1300)
Xiaomi Mi Router Nano - Discussion
Official page | MiWiFi | Xiaomi Mi-router | Xiaomi mini | Xiaomi MiWiFi 3 пїЅ | Xiaomi MiWiFi (client for Android) | Xiaomi club

Attached Image

Attention!
One more photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
Padavan comparison with mini version
Visual comparisonTykCPU identical with 7620, DRAM controller is the same, abolished SDR, DDR1 / DDR2 remained. Simplified switch (from RT5350), cut off HW_NAT, added AES_Engine, another Wireless module (analog PCIe MT7603E). USB2 host is also identical. Replaced UPHY with USB2 and EPHY on all 5 ports with new options with reduced consumption. CPU performance is identical. Radio - immediately say what is best. Those. good TD.

• CPU MT7628N 580MHz;
  • ROM: 16MB SPI Flash;
  • RAM: 64MB DDR2;
  • 2.4 Ghz WiFi 2x2 (up to 300 Mbps);
  • WAN (up to 100 Mbps);
  • LAN x2 (up to 100 Mbps);
  • External non-directional antennas - 2 pcs;
  • It can work up to 30 hours from 10.000 mAh paverbank, connects via microUSB.

Equipment:
    Instruction * 1
    Warranty card * 1
    Power supply (5V / 1A) * 1
Reviews
FAQ
  • Firmware comparison
    Currently there is3 workersfirmware for our little animal with you:
    1. Stock firmware:
    Pros:
    • Pre-installed and working;
    • Has the ability to control through the app on a smartphone.
    Minuses:
    • Chinese andonly chinesenow English, to get the language, change the wifi region to Europe and upgrade the firmware;
    • There is no normal support for L2TP from Beeline (thank God, the Beeline changed its mind and in some regions allowed to connect without a tunnel);
    • No IGMP support (IPTV);
    • Strongly loads the processor.

2. OpenWRT (PandoraBox)
    Pros:
    • Flexible and with patience it can be completed by installing additional packages.
    Minuses:
    • Requires SSH access, and some configuration.

3. XRMWRT (Padavan)
    Pros:
    • Works great and is easily customizable;
    • Excellent speed and stability;
    • Everything comes immediately in the kit;
    • The presence of skins;
    • The standard firmware package includes a lot of programs;
    • High security;
    • Initially in Russian.
    Minuses:
    • Does not extend in open access, demands independent assembly;
    • Requires access to SSH;
    • The system section is read only.

• How to get access via SSH and flash the router
  • How to upload any file to the device
    "Plan A" From any network share, download with the console command:
    wget (full link to firmware) -P / tmp

"Plan b" Can use WinSCP (in SCP mode) in order to push the required file into the tmp folder: protocol - SCP, host - 192.168.31.1, port - 22, name - root, password - your password you received along with the SSH file.

• How to flash any firmware
    1. Determine where to write the firmware with the command:
    cat / proc / mtd

2. Remember what the console gives you: it can be "firmware", "OS1" or "FirmwareStub";
    3. Flash the firmware lying along the path /tmp/your_proshivka.bin with the command:
    mtd -r write / tmp / (your_program) (section_name)

Where(section_name) - section ("firmware", "OS1" or "FirmwareStub" depending on your device);
    (your_proshivka) - the name of the firmware file.

Please note that on the XRMWRT firmware, the command and section will be different:
    mtd_write -r write / tmp / (your firmware) Firmware_Stub

• Back up partitions
    To display sections we write:
    cat / proc / mtd

Kernel + RootFS backup is not needed. Firmware_Stub is the sum of the Kernel + RootFS partitions. Ie the firmware image is entirely there, the entry point to RootFS is calculated automatically from the offset in the header image.
    In turn, save:
    cp / dev / mtd0 / tmp
    cp / dev / mtd1 / tmp
    cp / dev / mtd2 / tmp
    cp / dev / mtd5 / tmp
    cp / dev / mtd6 / tmp

After the procedure, you need to transfer everything to the computer (as we saved them to the RAM, you can pull it out according to plan B, which is higher), and restore it if necessary (note that the openwrt team will notmtd_write , but mtd ):
    mtd_write write /tmp/mtd0.bin Bootloader
    mtd_write write /tmp/mtd1.bin Config
    mtd_write write /tmp/mtd2.bin Factory
    mtd_write write /tmp/mtd5.bin Storage
    mtd_write write /tmp/mtd6.bin Firmware_Stub

• No part of settings
    Try to connect via SHTTP or not via Wi-Fi and LAN.

• The web interface of the stock firmware does not open
    One of the domestic antiviruses was noticed on blocking it, well, correctly, I would block Chinese garbage too, it can be treated by deleting it before flashing it.Read more ...

Firmware

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the COMPLAINT button under the messages.

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 10.07.19, 09:02
Reason for editing: curator removal

Rep: (8)
Already sent, surprisingly fast.
OMNIVA-Estonia Post for me is a new type of delivery

Rep: (1300)
* krotees, English material then you fill? It would be useful to have it in the cap.

* Freize,
Of course, I hope the delivery will be fast.

Rep: (2)
This is the instruction that the e-mail seller sent me

Attached files

Attached fileXiaomi mini router setup manual-1.pdf(349.92 KB)

Rep: (0)
Hi. I understand the firmware on it is not yet? At least Russian or English language to deliver.

* vladiva2,
Not yet on hand. Everyone is waiting, then we will think about the English firmware

Today the toy came ... everything works. I ordered, I did not think that such a thing was tiny :) I set it up through the program on the phone. At work, the Internet earned immediately.
For some reason I thought that they had only one mini router :) and then it turns out -mini and nano. Looks like a toy.

We are waiting for impressions from work. My miracle is still going

Rep: (3)
* vedmalex,
Not enough. You write information, how you hooked up, what language is available, post pictures if possible .. and so on.

So more:
I installed a program for the router on my smartphone, it is in the neighboring branches.
To work, you need to use the xiaomi account, I already have, otherwise the program will not work.
Turn on the device. When the blue light comes on, you can start looking for a router.
Find your XIAOMI_chto with letters and numbers.
we connect ... we set the password.
now a crucial moment. He will ask to set up the Internet. I reconnected the lead from the old to this, the plug blue. Say look ... he finds. If the intranet is already on, it immediately turns on and works, if pppoe, then it opens the login and password input dialog.
Connected times from the fifth ... patience helps.
All and then use the password or wps for crushing devices.
I did not use the browser version.

The grid works up to the provider 100 Mbit steedtest over wire 98.2 / 98.02 I think fine. Before that, he was kinetic 4g he kazal 80/80, old acorp 422G 30/30

At home there are about 10 TV devices, laptops, smartphones, tablets, game console.
Tv shows excellent signal. Forkplayer works, and shows iptv, acceptable.

I wanted to buy an older model, did not know that there is a younger one and bought a cheaper one for 1400, took aliexpress from a smartphone, they gave a discount.

To reset the setting, you must first unbind from the account, and you can hold the reset button for about 10 seconds with a needle, after that it is as new.

Since I gave the times I set up the first time at work, another time at home the setup took about 10 minutes, until it came to what and how.

total we have the setting in steps:
First you need to find a router
then log in to your account
Then pull the string of internet.
and set up internet.

Wifi on all devices shows 65mb signal is excellent.

After setting updated firmware to 2.0.30
Works as a watch, nickel does not complain, for now.

Post has been editedvedmalex - 16.09.15, 23:54
Reason for editing: correction of errors. additions.

* vedmalex,
1. Is it possible to try the browser version?
2. Where did the firmware come from, did the router itself suggest?
3. Heating device, negative points seen?
4. Well, actually, if any thoughts about the installation of the English language?

1. Is it possible to try the browser version?

She's all in Chinese :). I don’t know where to put the language yet, I’ll see it in the evening.

2. Where did the firmware come from, did the router itself suggest?

Yes, the router itself was updated, did it twice. Most likely they somehow are incrementally rolled.

3. Heating device, negative points seen?

about 10 devices are connected. It is heated at the level of body temperature. no more, barely warm.
The signal strength is configured in the program, which is in the next branch in Russian.
of the negative was only that through the program you can not change passwords and reconfigure. you must first untie and reset the device. then again. But these are trifles, for the time being I am not going to carry him somewhere.
impressions are only positive.
of the negative ones, only that I wanted to take a router with usb :) and found the cheapest one, but I didn’t read the specification properly :) durik.
at lunch I'll see if it's warm or not.

4. Well, actually, if any thoughts about the installation of the English language?

You can probably somehow count, it seems that English should be, at least in the program, there is a choice on the site.

Well, also, the management program after closing, requires re-entry into the account, but I do not close the application :) hanging somewhere in the background.
still positive moment. It monitors the status of the router via the Internet. There are basic settings, so far, that is no longer necessary.

Those. can I see the channel load on each device?
If I have someone watching iptv, and someone is downloading from the torrent, is there a possibility of such a breakdown for viewing?

Those. can I see the channel load on each device?
If I have someone watching iptv, and someone is downloading from the torrent, is there a possibility of such a breakdown for viewing?

It shows the list of devices and their traffic.
But it is possible, the program can only divide traffic between all, or prohibit the device from accessing the Internet.

example
Attached Image

Post has been editedvedmalex - 17.09.15, 12:29
Reason for editing: added screenshot

Rep: (18)
I set up through the browser. In general, if through chrome, the browser translates the settings. Actually who had a mini router problems any, all the same. What I noticed right away, he earned a lot of money on my equipment. The only thing I did not understand where he cuts. And so everything is set up easily.http://192.168.31.1/,as in the older version, what is actually written in the manuals and customize as you wish. He knocked it out, to the usb on the pilot and the beauty, no extra power supplies. Conveniently.

Rep: (4)
some kind of stupid device. easier to buy nexx 3020, smaller in size, more opportunities.

* lolipopka
The price is only much higher

Rep: (173)
of the negative ones, only that I wanted to take a router with usb and found the cheapest one, but I didn’t read the specification properly durik.

The same trouble ...
I have long wanted to order a Mini with USB and 5Hz. As a result, time passed, I ordered ... And today I learned that you see xiaomi also released Nano. And I ordered it exactly.
Now I do not know what to do. For me, of course it was more critical than 5Hz than USB. If the speed will show the rules, I will use, if I’m low, I will sell and order the Mini (

Tell me, if you connect it with a wire of 100 Mbps, how much will it distribute via wi-fi?

Rep: (97)
some kind of stupid device. easier to buy nexx 3020, smaller in size, more opportunities.

do not tell me. I, for example, did not know about the existence of such a brand as Nexx, how successful a manufacturer is, what products it makes.
While the pros are minimal: price, compactness, full USB port.
Nano has better stuffing, 1 port (LAN) is larger, 2 antennas (signal is farther), it does not lose much in size. Both here and there passive cooling, but nano perforation (I did not find the confirmation, but I am personally sure. Users, I think, will confirm).
Custom firmware is / will be on both devices.

Post has been editedTiCross - 22.09.15, 16:15

Rep: (4)
* krotees, where is it higher? On Ali from $ 14.

* TiCross, There are as many antennas, but there is a hardware nat, in contrast to nano. which is very important for such choked chips like a media library. And usb is generally a killer feature, much more important than the third ezernet.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/30/19, 07:24