"NEXX WT3020 (A / H / F revisions) | Discussion, firmware, configuration, suggestions
Questionnaire
What firmware are you using?
Stock [ 90 ] ** [12,2%]
Openwrt [ 206 ] ** [27,91%]
Padavan ASUS Port [ 442 ] ** [59,89%]
Are you satisfied with the router? (On a five-point scale)
5 [ 471 ] ** [63,82%]
4 [ 199 ] ** [26,96%]
3 [ 55 ] ** [7,45%]
2 [ 5 ] ** [0,68%]
1 [ 8 ] ** [1,08%]
What bootloader are you using?
Stock [ 189 ] ** [25,61%]
I downloaded from the caps [ 268 ] ** [36,31%]
Put through Prometheus [ 216 ] ** [29,27%]
Other (unsubscribed in the topic) [ 64 ] ** [8,67%]
Total Votes: 738

Rep: (1302)
WT3020x - another representative of mini routers for working with modems and other peripherals. Despite its small size (smaller than Tp-link MR3020), it has more productive stuffing and allows you to quickly organize a mini network with Internet access and / or vpn connection to another network (office, home, etc.). The time of writing this text is available in two color compositions: black and white.
Attached Image

Specifications
  • CPU: MediaTek MT7620n (580MHz)
  • RAM: 64MB
  • ROM: 8MB (Flash chip W25Q64BV) (WT3020A - 4MB)
  • USB: 2.0 - 1 port (WT3020A - no)
  • Wired network: 2 RJ45 100Mb ports (vlan support)
  • Wireless network: 2.4 GHz 802.11n MiMo 2x2: 2 (300Mb)
  • Nutrition: 5V microUSB
  • Indication: 1 LED (extension possible by connecting to GPIO)
  • GPIO: 4 pins found on board
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

SSH access
It is absent in principle on the stock firmware, but there is Telnet, which does not allow transferring files to the server directly, which leads to problems with automatic firmware ... Telnet login and password:
Login:nexxadmin
Password:y1n2inc.com0755
However, the latest version of Prometheus supports firmware on the drain.

Firmware
from D-Link DIR-620 Rev.F1
Maybe someone will be interested in another absolutely working firmware from D-Link DIR-620 Rev.F1))
As usual, fill in through breed, after the first launch, we reset to factory settings. Who needs it, attaches a screen with settings for Intertelecom.
Read more here -"NEXX WT3020 (A / H / F revisions) (Fast sabian4ik # 76214075)
Padavan
Instructions for firmware router on firmware from ASUS (mod from Padavan)
This manual is intended for those who want to upgrade to the ASUS firmware (mod from Padavan).
To go, you must have the PROMETHEUS script installed and the firmware compiled, you can read about it in detail.Thisforum thread.
Because There is no SSH on the router, the installation of the firmware is complicated, because the creators of the PROMETHEUS script have prepared a solution that will facilitate the installation process reducing it to pressing a few buttons.

1. In order to flash your router using a script, it is advisable (but not necessary, since the script can sew and Telnet) to install an intermediate firmware on it, which will open access to SSH. Why do you need it? The compiled firmware may not fit into the section reserved for it, and then the router can be removed from the state of the brick only via the UART.
For A revision:
Attached filenexx_zero_a.zip(2.92 MB)

For other revisions (H and F)
Attached filenexx_zero_h.zip(2.94 MB)

Before flashing, be sure to unpack the archives !!!

The firmware is installed through the WEB interface of your router.
ATTENTION!!! This is not a full firmware, it will not give you the correct operation of the router, this file serves only to upgrade to another firmware. Almost everything is cut out of the original, you will have WIFI (password 1234567890) and an SSH server, LAN access and DHCP enabled. Everything else is removed.
Admin Screenshot
Attached Image

2. Flash UBOOT through a script, there is no need to assemble it, it is already delivered as a finished product.

3. After that you can flash the router on the assembled firmware in Prometheus, Login / Password: admin / admin, ip: 192.168.1.1.

Instructions and transient firmware provided by the userFreize , for which he thanks a lot!

Prometheus script and firmware distribution terms :
пїЅ You can not distribute ready-made assembly devices for companies other than ASUS;
• You can not use the script to build the firmware with proprietary modules;
• It is strictly forbidden to distribute mods, patches and parts of the code that interfere with the above conditions.

From zyxel
I want to warn everyone that the firmware, although it starts, is from a different router and causes a number of bugs. It makes sense to use only zyxel fans or people who are too lazy to mess with other firmware.
How to flash firmware from omni
Explanations for facilitating the omni firmware
Get root and install packages
Openwrt
Download firmware from the official site
Memo for the bootloader firmware on LEDE / OpenWRT
WIKI
Modified OpenWRT by racht

Please note that the firmware can be installed via the Web interface, but OpenWRT will not allow you to change UBOOT, and the stock downloader does not support recovery via sftp or usb. It is strongly recommended that you first flash one of the loaders, otherwise you can get to the brick.

Stock firmware
Router firmware via telnet
How to flash Asus portgoldenhandles

1. Throw on the flash firmvare.trx
2. We stick the flash drive into the router
3. We go to the router by telnet, you can through putty , address 192.168.8.1
Login: nexxadmin
Password: y1n2inc.com0755
4. We enter
cd / media / sda / sda1

5. Just in case, we make a backup
for i in 0 1 2 3; do cat / dev / mtdblock $ i>mtdblock $ i.bin; done

6. We sew
mtd_write -r -e mtd3 write firmware.trx mtd3

User instruction providedFreize , for which he thanks a lot!
U-BOOT
Be sure to read (full help for loaders)
Chinese loader
Download:Attached filebreed-mt7620-reset1.rar(74.75 KB)

Please note that with unsuccessful firmware will be a full brick!
1. Throw on the flash drive breed-mt7620-reset1.bin
2. We stick the flash drive into the router
3. Go to the telnet router (see above)
4. We enter
cd / media / sda / sda1

5. Just in case, we make a backup

6. We sew
mtd_write -r -e mtd0 write breed-mt7620-reset1.bin mtd0

U-BOOT for ASUS port
Attached fileuboot.7z(49.95 KB)
MD5: 3226b91d287d3401f1534a220e7396f2
Installation is similar to the neighbor above,just do not forget to unpack !
Instructions for restoring firmware:
1. Copy to the root of the first section of the USB Flash disk (usb 2.0), pre-formatted (ie, empty) in FAT16 / FAT32, the firmware image, while renaming the file to "root_uImage" (without quotes and extensions, BUT case sensitive );
2. Turn off the power of the router (pull out the power cord from the router);
3. Insert the USB flash disk into the USB port of the router;
4. Clamp the RESET button and turn on the router (we plug the power cord into the router) without releasing the RESET;
5. WAITING, the flash drive will start blinking (if there is an indicator on it), after a couple of minutes of holding, release the RESET;
5. After some time, if the indicator of the router does not change color to blue, restart it, the firmware will load. If it does not, check the USB flash drive or pick up another one.

Free GPIO
Other
Information unit in binary numbering system GOST 8.417-2002 GSI
bit2(bit) - amount of information 1 (usually used to denote the connection speed and the amount of information transmitted);
byte2,3 - amount of information 1 equal to8bit (usually used to denote the amount of data on the media).

1) The term “amount of information” is used in devices for digital processing and transmission of information, for example in digital computing (computers), to record the amount of storage devices, the amount of memory used by a computer program.
2) In accordance with the international standard IEC 60027-2, the “bit” and “byte” units are used with SI prefixes.
3) Historically, there is such a situation that the name “byte” is incorrect (instead of 1000 = 103accepted 1024 = 210) used (and use) SI prefixes: 1 Kbyte = 1024 bytes, 1 MB = 1024 Kbytes, 1 Gbytes = 1024 Mbytes, etc. At the same time, the designation Kbytes start with a capital letter unlike the lowercase letter “k” to designate a multiplier ten3.
Version difference
A = 4 MB flash - no USB

AD, H, F are absolutely identical devices, the only difference is in the firmware that comes from the factory with the Chinese and English interface
The base of modems for support is increased in the H version compared to F
AD didn’t feel, but I suspect that they added some dLNA / UPNP thread, and I didn’t see it on sale, and I don’t see any reason to overpay for something that can be implemented with alternative firmware (I still make backups with the stock programmer and sew everything my heart desires)

What does the F model show that at some point in time (during the merging of Lede with OpenWRT, in version 17.01.2-17.01.3) the firmware stopped loading, I suspect that they changed something in the hardware, and specifically something was namut in the core with support for the SPI interface on which the entire firmware sits
But in recent versions of OpenWRT this problem is not noticed.

I checked it very simply, two devices purchased with a difference of 1 year on native Flash-ah, the same firmware was launched on one, and not on the other.
after updating OpenWRT to version 17.01.4, the firmware compiled with the same configuration worked on both devices

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 28.06.19, 12:26
Reason for editing: Instructions for the transition from Asus Padavan uboot to OpenWrt breed

* akula-ra, * crocodil2, boys do not quarrel.
img file: /home/user/3020/rt-n56u/trunk/images/WT3020a_3.4.3.9-098.trx
Product ID: WT3020a
Created: Mon Jan 4 23:47:43 2016
Image Type: MIPS Linux Kernel Image (lzma compressed)
Data Size: 2946175 Bytes = 2877.12 kB = 2.81 MB
Load Address: 0x80000000
Entry Point: 0x80217C40
Kernel Size: 0x000E1890
Kernel Ver .: 3.4
FS Ver .: 3.9

Only I will not give it to you yet ...
Oh, I also got IPv6 support and IP TV. You can still shove a couple of little things, but risky.

Post has been editedFreize - 05.01.16, 00:45

Rep: (77)
I hope the hint is understood.
Yes, it’s clear that in H there are 8 meters, and in A there are only 4 meters (but otherwise, as I understand it, everything is exactly the same).

Native prose and Padawan, almost completely different things.
And it’s clear .. and it’s clear why the filed will not fit 4 meters .. In general, I meant whether it is possible to push the repeater function into the original firmware .. well, or something like that .. And anyway .. like, having a 4 meter chip, make a repeater from the router.

The people .. faced such a problem .. wanted to flash u-boot .. but on 3020A there is no usb connector ... but we are not looking for easy ways .. :) I disassembled the router .. soldered the usb connector to the board - 4 wires from the twisted pairs .. and the router stopped entering its menu 192.168.8.1 .. but the Internet works on the computer, ip is determined .. i.e. in adapter mode, the router works ..
It is worth soldering the wiring from the board - after switching on, everything starts to work (enter the menu) .. why is it like that?
Because of the firmware or what? Doesn’t pass any check at startup?
So how to fill in this y-boot?
Attached Image

Post has been editedakula-ra - 05.01.16, 10:19

Rep: (1509)
* akula-ra,
But can they not be flashed through ssh?

* crocodil2, there is just some kind of darkness going on with this subject. There are no normal instructions for either restoring the firmware or custom firmware; everything is different everywhere.
Naryl onlydownload pageofficial firmware. I would like to dig a technique for restoring stock firmware.

Can someone thread check the connection on an SSH router on a strong howling firmware with the login nexxadmin and password y1n2inc.com0755?
Freize
Prometheus v.2.08 [01/05/2016]
Added support for NEXX WT3020A;
Fixed accumulation of compilation log.

Post has been editedFreize - 05.01.16, 13:54

Rep: (2)
I myself searched for this info on the muska here and not here, but I did not find the exact answer.
Question: is it possible to flash the F-version immediately in Zyuhel.
Answer: It is possible without problems.
I ordered the first 3020N in the spring and asked Omni for Zyuhel without problems.
1111 ordered another one from the same seller, but he wrote that the H-versions were over, sent, with my consent, the F-version.
The iron is the same, and I rolled the scent without any problems. Everything that I need is in it.

Rep: (61)
* Freize,
I assembled the firmware for the WT3020H, with the included aria, the size turned out to be 7442kb, does the size match the specified device

* ramirasl he has only 8 mb. Of these, the sections are taken approximately like this:
uboot hdr (64B) + mtdblock0 (192KB) + mtdblock1 (64KB) + mtdblock2 (64KB) + mtdblock3 + mtdblock4 + mtdblock5
Where mtdblock5 is the place for the firmware. In theory, it should fit in, but there is a chance to get non-working firmware, therefore I would think about uboot which can restore it.

* Freize,
If my memory serves me, then does the script compare with 7.99mb?

* crocodil2, yes compares with what Comrade Padawan wrote. If that is not my fault.

Rep: (45)
Akula-ra @ 01/05/2016, 06:10*
The people .. faced such a problem .. wanted to flash u-boot .. but on 3020A there is no USB connector ... but we are not looking for easy ways .. I disassembled the router .. soldered the USB connector to the board - 4 wires from a twisted pair. . and the router stopped entering its menu 192.168.8.1 .. but the Internet is working on the computer, ip is determined .. i.e. in adapter mode, the router works ..
It is worth soldering the wiring from the board - after switching on, everything starts to work (enter the menu) .. why is it like that?
Because of the firmware or what? Doesn’t pass any check at startup?
So how to fill in this y-boot?

With USB, not everything can be so simple. You need to look for datasheet for a percent, most likely there is not enough part (except for the USB connector). Well, the firmware should also have drivers for USB. In general, a dance with a tambourine will work out only after the correct wiring (if only the percent supports USB) and the correct firmware. Something similar was solved with another Chinese router and another firmware, only we had a problem in the wiring, the percent did not detect USB, although it should. Apparently something was missing.

Rep: (47)
Guys, the subject can work as a client of an existing wifi network, and distribute the Internet already via cable to the consumer? And how in this case will access to the drive? (stupidly go into the piece of iron and use?)
On the stock firmware (and on the zuche, judging by the pictures - is it easy?), H and F revisions.

There is a bit of rare iron, only with a network hole, which I would like to connect to the network and have access to usb flash drives. Amiga 1200 + axel + mediator + setevukha. The network worked directly with a cable to the router, but it wasn’t fate - there was only a wifi network in the apartment, I don’t want wires, at all.

Upd: thanks, not relevant)

Post has been editedsvk1977 - 09.01.16, 20:49

Rep: (0)
Dear forum users, do not tell me where to get the latest version of openwrt on 3020h with 16mb of internal memory, preferably with support for ntfs and vpn, or can you advise something else? The main task is a fully functional USB (PrintServer, FileServer, using a 3g modem) and support for 16mb of internal memory. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Post has been editedex_free - 10.01.16, 13:57

* ex_free Prometeus to help you.
If you want under 16, you will need to do the following.
After initializing the script, enter the command:
nano ~ / rt-n65u / trunk / configs / board / WT3020 / kernel-3.4.x.config

Need 818 and 819 line ...
It:
CONFIG_RT2880_FLASH_8M = y
# CONFIG_RT2880_FLASH_16M is not set

Change to this:
# CONFIG_RT2880_FLASH_8M is not set
CONFIG_RT2880_FLASH_16M = y

We save and collect. Profit
If under 8 mb, then there are no problems. Everything is already set up there. The modules themselves can be turned off / on.

Rep: (0)
* Freize,
thank you very much, everything worked out, while everyone is very happy

* ex_free
16 megs you soldered?

the change is removed from the drain so far only this way:
1. Copy the bootloader u-boot-nexx-3020-7620.bin to any USB flash drive

2. Connect the USB flash drive to the router’s USB port

3. Connect to the router via telnet (PUTTY) to the IP address 192.168.8.1 with login: nexxadmin and password: y1n2inc.com0755

4. Enter the command in the console:
cd / media / sda / sda1

5. Just in case, we make a backup of 4 sections of mtd from the internal flash drive built into the router

6. Stitching:
mtd_write -r write u-boot-nexx-3020-7620.bin mtd0

I add backups of stock partitions and will be deleted.

Attached files

Attached fileu-boot-nexx-3020-7620.zip(75.23 KB)
Attached filebackup.zip(6.35 MB)

Post has been editedcrocodil2 - 17.01.16, 11:58

Rep: (24)
Two questions, thanks to those who answer:
1) I understand correctly that due to the fact that Padawan "cut out" the Paragon driver, the Padawan firmware for the NEXX 3020h does not initially support NTFS?
And if it is needed, is this solved through Entware and NTFS-3G?
2) In the ZyXEL Omni II firmware for NEXX 3020h out of the box there is NTFS support, does anyone know which driver is implemented?

I am faced with the choice of how to reflash the device, I collect preliminary information.
Entware in Padawanovskaya is not interested, as is OpenWRT.
The device is planned to be used for its intended purpose, namely, a marching pocket router with support for "whistles" and sharing flash drives and disks (the largest number of supported FS).

* smman,
no not right.
You can add NTFS-3G to the firmware by editing the script config.

* crocodil2,
Well, but in terms of performance and speed of reading files in the same Samba, it matters how I will implement NTFS-3G in Padawan, through a script or installing a package?

* smman,
The package can be delivered separately only on the card, but first it must be mounted.
Well, in short, you understand.
The NTFS-3G driver is still shit.
If you can’t put the paragon, use ex4 and fat32.

* crocodil2,
Is the driver from the paragon really installed in Padawan?
Ext4? Not at all...
I am better than Omni II in such situations, I ask again, though the question remains what driver ZyXEL has.
But the speed is acceptable, on ixbt they drew about 10.7 MB / s for reading in the original Omni II for NTFS, about the same amount on Ext3 they did.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/08/19, 12:28