> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Gmini MagicBook A6LHD - Firmware

Rep: (220)
Description | Specifications | Discussion
Analogs
The main way is via microSD
Before flashing it is recommended to save all the necessary files from the book’s memory to the computer(Note: although with this method of updating they should remain, but it is not enough that something can go wrong)
If you replace the stock applications with third-party applications (for example, FBReader), then it is recommended to backup the application and its settings, since after the update process the stock version returns and you have to demolish it in a new way, then install and configure third-party. Easier to restore from backup.
1. Copy file with file extensionimg or zip to the root directory of the internal memory of a book or microSD card. The file must have a name Update and expansion img or zip , depending on the upgrade option. If the file name is longer, then it must be renamed so that it matches the format. (note: with this update method, update options that have file extensionsimgorzipinterchangeable, in case you update from firmware from Boyue or Gmini)
2. Disconnect the book from the PC and reboot it.
3. After some time, you will be prompted to install the firmware. Wait not long, it is possible to delay up to 5 minutes.
4. If you agree, the book will be turned off and the next time it is turned on, the installation of the firmware will begin.
5. The firmware file will be deleted automatically.
6. All settings and installed programs after installing the firmware are saved. Sometimes it makes sense to reset the settings from the book menu after that.(note: but you can not do, at your discretion)
After the upgrade process, you have to reinstall Root and after installing Root you have to initialize the Xposed Framework (Xposed does not need to be reinstalled)
Backup mode - via USB
This method is recommended to be used if the main one for some reason does not work - "scratching"
Before flashing it is recommended to save all the necessary files from the book’s memory to the computer.(Note: if you don’t, they will be lost - this method will completely format the entire memory!)
1. Run the flashing program [attachment = "7066844: RKBatchTool-v1.7_RU.rar"] In the FW Path line: specify the path to the firmware file.
2. Connect the device via USB to the computer.
3. If the indicatornot green, then the book is not in flash mode, then you need to run:
3.1 Easy way: in RKBatchTool, clickSwitch , the book should go into the flashing mode and the indicator should go green (note: the first square below should be green ).
3.2 Hardware method: Turn off the device (Do not disconnect it from the computer!) Being connected to a computer - the device itself will turn on. Until the device is turned on, we press the button on itscreen updates and do not let her go. The device must be defined in the firmware program (note: the first square below should begreen), as determined buttonscreen updateslet go. (Note: the screen refresh button is the one that is located on the upper left and is the button for turning the backlight on and off with a long press.)
4. If the book does not go into the flashing mode, then you need to install the driver in the Device Manager:
4.1. If necessary, repeat step 3. In the hardware mode of switching to the flash mode, repeat step 3.2 with the only difference that, as in the Device Manager, an unknown device is detected, the update screen button will need to be released.
4.2. Find an Unknown Device, choose to update drivers, update method:With full manual mode with the indication of the .inf file! With automatic driver search, the driver may not install!
Drivers are located in the Driver folder. In accordance with your OS, select the desired subfolder. After installing the driver, rather in this case, you will need the Switch button in the flasher.
4.3. To install the driver for Windows 8, you need to use the instructions for installing an unsigned driver, for examplethis or this . (note: it is sometimes easier to install a virtual machine with WindowsXP)
4.4. If the Unknown Device does not appear in the Device Manager, on the book connected to the PC, try holding down the screen refresh button and press Reset without releasing it.
5. Before flashing the device, you can make a full dump of the device using the utility.rkDumper .
6. Press the Restore button, the book will be flashed. After flashing the book will load itself.
ATTENTION! Do not turn off the book until the end of the flashing!
If flashing the device withMacintosh using a virtual machine Virtualbox , then in order for the flasher to see the book, you need to install the extension VirtualBox Extension Pack and choose support USB 2.0 .

Officialpage on MagicBook A6LHD firmware

Officialpage for Boyue firmware for T61, T62 and T80 series books

Official and non-official firmware fromClouds .

Additional general purpose content can be downloaded fromClouds

Post has been editedFOV5 - 25.04.19, 06:11
Reason for editing: Updated rkDumper and added rkDumper.bat

Preliminary version 1.7.4 of Gonyx can be downloaded fromClouds

General changes:
1. In the status bar, the battery status indication has changed, now information is given in percent.
2. In the status line added touch buttons: "Back", "Lock / Power Off Menu", "Menu of recent applications."
3. In the Shutdown menu, added the ability to reboot into Restore mode.
4. Added support for fbz files in the library instead of zip files, so that zip archives that are not books would be included in it.
After the library has been scanned, the fbz files will display the cover and the real title of the book.
5. Updated Google Play Store to version 6.0.5 and Google Service to version 8.7.03
6. In addition to the stock dictionary installed ColorDict.
7. Firmware fully Oksirovannaya, including also those applications that in the official version were not Oksirovanny.
8. Integrated: Doncova Book and Akunin Book
9. Pico TTS replaced by Vocalizer Expressive (Do not delete, otherwise Onyx dictionary will not work correctly). Voices can be downloaded from here or from the Cloud

Additional general purpose content can be downloaded fromClouds

Post has been editedFOV5 - 25.04.19, 06:06

Rep: (23)
* FOV5,
Can this version be installed on Boyue t61c?

Can this version be installed on Boyue t61c?

It will be possible, as the corresponding folder with the name "T61C Pearl" appears. Tonight, most likely she will appear.

Post has been editedFOV5 - 18.03.16, 04:59

Rep: (6)
* FOV5, good morning! According to the link that you threw, are the images of the firmware in which the system partition is 512 MB? And just enough of this volume for all applications, etc.? I do not really rummage in this, therefore I ask the question.

In which system partition 512 MB?
The system partition is the section where the firmware itself is located, usually it is not accessible to the user or can only be read but not edited. 512 MB is the standard size used in G-mini books and its analogues.

Post has been editedFOV5 - 19.03.16, 10:07

* FOV5, ok, thanks, that is, you can safely put 1.7.4

Casper_wh @ 03/19/2016, 12:34*
thanks, that is, you can safely put 1.7.4

And what is your book? And not a word about her ...

* FOV5, I actually have A6LHD, now I use Gonyx 1.7.3

Casper_wh @ 03/19/2016, 12:55*
I actually have A6LHD, now I use Gonyx 1.7.3

Then try it, there is no Total Commander yet ... I’m adding software now, then I’ll upload the updated version with it.

There is a moment, how to upgrade, do not be lazy to get into the settings and configure the device lock and disconnect modes, configure the paging buttons in the settings.

Post has been editedFOV5 - 19.03.16, 11:00

* FOV5, Well, I'll be at home, I will definitely try.

Rep: (19)
* FOV5,
I installed the test Gonyx 1.7.4 on the Boyue T62D (on top of the Gonyx 1.7.3).
What noticed:
- VocalizerEx TTS does not work (downloaded voices from "Additional content", completed configuration). There are synthesizers in the list, but when selected, it does not reproduce an example and does not work in OReader. With Google synthesizer, everything is ok.
- The system is now overweight, sometimes thinking for a long time with the output of a black screen (for example, in the Play Market). Received normal operation after removing all unnecessary (left ColorDict, ES Explorer, Link2SD and undeleted applications) and cleaning caches using Link2SD.
Can it be possible to make the ability to remove components unnecessary to someone (like the book Akunin and Dontsov, Vokalizer)?
- There is a Hall sensor in the application settings, but it is not in the reader itself (if I'm not mistaken)

There are synthesizers in the list, but when selected it does not reproduce an example and does not work in OReader

It works, choose a voice, there are several choices, it means that I have not fully tuned it

Post has been editedFOV5 - 19.03.16, 12:02

* FOV5,
I tried everything - I chose Katya, Milena, Yura in different capacities - no option works. If someone else put this firmware - respond, like you.

The first thing that caught my eye - the book works faster, and even a terrible monkey when turned on ... Can I somehow change this screensaver?

Back in 1.7.3 there was a very convenient standard file manager, how can I put it myself?

* FOV5,
Everything worked, the brakes disappeared after I made the factor reset from the recovery and reflashed again.

casper_wh @ 03/19/2016, 10:40 PM*
and a terrible monkey when turned on ...
In the year of the monkey, the monkey did not love ...
Then you have to return the ship
casper_wh @ 03/19/2016, 10:40 PM*
very handy standard file manager
Is this a standard file manager? From the standard except the Content Browser there was nothing else.
Everything else in the mod has been added, but everything that is not reported to the preliminary version 1.7.4 will be reported.

Post has been editedFOV5 - 20.03.16, 09:41

* FOV5,
About the standard dispatcher is not me :). But in fact, it would not prevent any kind of file manager with network capabilities. I myself use ES Explorer, maybe there is something easier with the same functionality.

Perhaps there is something easier with a similar functionality.

That preview version without Total Commandera, and he according to my observations, the most suitable for E-ink.
:( Yesterday there were delays in collecting the firmware, due to the fact that the raid on which it was collecting the firmware went on strike - it began to fall off until it was completely lost, I transfer it to another HDD drive ...
As I check the transferred information, then I will continue to collect the firmware, the raid will have to be reinitialized and checked for errors ...

Post has been editedFOV5 - 20.03.16, 09:38

Rep: (23)
* FOV5,
I hope for t61c too soon will appear))): thank_you:

In general, are there any t61s exclusively for Pearl or the Map too? How to find out what screen on the device?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/28/19 09:59