> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Gmini MagicBook A6LHD - Firmware

Rep: (220)
Description | Specifications | Discussion
Analogs
The main way is via microSD
Before flashing it is recommended to save all the necessary files from the book’s memory to the computer(Note: although with this method of updating they should remain, but it is not enough that something can go wrong)
If you replace the stock applications with third-party applications (for example, FBReader), then it is recommended to backup the application and its settings, since after the update process the stock version returns and you have to demolish it in a new way, then install and configure third-party. Easier to restore from backup.
1. Copy file with file extensionimg or zip to the root directory of the internal memory of a book or microSD card. The file must have a name Update and expansion img or zip , depending on the upgrade option. If the file name is longer, then it must be renamed so that it matches the format. (note: with this update method, update options that have file extensionsimgorzipinterchangeable, in case you update from firmware from Boyue or Gmini)
2. Disconnect the book from the PC and reboot it.
3. After some time, you will be prompted to install the firmware. Wait not long, it is possible to delay up to 5 minutes.
4. If you agree, the book will be turned off and the next time it is turned on, the installation of the firmware will begin.
5. The firmware file will be deleted automatically.
6. All settings and installed programs after installing the firmware are saved. Sometimes it makes sense to reset the settings from the book menu after that.(note: but you can not do, at your discretion)
After the upgrade process, you have to reinstall Root and after installing Root you have to initialize the Xposed Framework (Xposed does not need to be reinstalled)
Backup mode - via USB
This method is recommended to be used if the main one for some reason does not work - "scratching"
Before flashing it is recommended to save all the necessary files from the book’s memory to the computer.(Note: if you don’t, they will be lost - this method will completely format the entire memory!)
1. Run the flashing program [attachment = "7066844: RKBatchTool-v1.7_RU.rar"] In the FW Path line: specify the path to the firmware file.
2. Connect the device via USB to the computer.
3. If the indicatornot green, then the book is not in flash mode, then you need to run:
3.1 Easy way: in RKBatchTool, clickSwitch , the book should go into the flashing mode and the indicator should go green (note: the first square below should be green ).
3.2 Hardware method: Turn off the device (Do not disconnect it from the computer!) Being connected to a computer - the device itself will turn on. Until the device is turned on, we press the button on itscreen updates and do not let her go. The device must be defined in the firmware program (note: the first square below should begreen), as determined buttonscreen updateslet go. (Note: the screen refresh button is the one that is located on the upper left and is the button for turning the backlight on and off with a long press.)
4. If the book does not go into the flashing mode, then you need to install the driver in the Device Manager:
4.1. If necessary, repeat step 3. In the hardware mode of switching to the flash mode, repeat step 3.2 with the only difference that, as in the Device Manager, an unknown device is detected, the update screen button will need to be released.
4.2. Find an Unknown Device, choose to update drivers, update method:With full manual mode with the indication of the .inf file! With automatic driver search, the driver may not install!
Drivers are located in the Driver folder. In accordance with your OS, select the desired subfolder. After installing the driver, rather in this case, you will need the Switch button in the flasher.
4.3. To install the driver for Windows 8, you need to use the instructions for installing an unsigned driver, for examplethis or this . (note: it is sometimes easier to install a virtual machine with WindowsXP)
4.4. If the Unknown Device does not appear in the Device Manager, on the book connected to the PC, try holding down the screen refresh button and press Reset without releasing it.
5. Before flashing the device, you can make a full dump of the device using the utility.rkDumper .
6. Press the Restore button, the book will be flashed. After flashing the book will load itself.
ATTENTION! Do not turn off the book until the end of the flashing!
If flashing the device withMacintosh using a virtual machine Virtualbox , then in order for the flasher to see the book, you need to install the extension VirtualBox Extension Pack and choose support USB 2.0 .

Officialpage on MagicBook A6LHD firmware

Officialpage for Boyue firmware for T61, T62 and T80 series books

Official and non-official firmware fromClouds .

Additional general purpose content can be downloaded fromClouds

Post has been editedFOV5 - 25.04.19, 06:11
Reason for editing: Updated rkDumper and added rkDumper.bat

Rep: (0)
Tell me please. Where in Gonix (the latest version now) are the default screensaver images hidden? I want to cut them out, replace them with my own. Since through the menu, your pictures are not installed, only on the switched off device. And I do not see the current readable book. I can not understand what's what. but also depressing that the library has no display by folders.

Still faced with such a nuisance that if you quickly flip through the keys, the control profile flies off from them .... they all become the keys scrolling forward. Rebooting and resetting the settings does not help in this case. Help solve this problem. otherwise you’ll just set it up and you’ll need to re-read the bam ... Gmini a6lhd carta.

Rep: (5)
In general, a good build "Gonyx - port of the firmware from the series of books C67ML".
I will describe how to behave on the Boyue T62D:
+ A good set of applications
+ There is a switch between applications
+ Already does not eat battery as before
+ GoogleMarket out of the box (you can delete, like any system application, using link2SD (if someone else knows the way, write !!!))
- On the latest version, OReader doesn’t auto cut (the setting is not saved, probably because the bet)
- I would replace the application for listening to music
- Change to another gallery on Quickpic
- Sometimes chopped off or reloaded
- Glitches with tachim remained (The author probably set up configs for the tach under his device, but did not unsubscribe in the subject. (FOV5 Oh-oh!))

Post has been editedflomasters - 11.02.16, 12:50

Flomasters @ 02/11/2016, 2:49 PM*
- Glitches with tachim remained (The author probably set up configs for the tach under his device, but did not unsubscribe in the subject. (FOV5 Oh-oh!))
Touch did not touch, as it is in the original.

Firmware dated February 2, 2016 appeared for Boyue books of the T61 and T62 series for revisions: B, C and D.
Who will update, please unsubscribe.

Post has been editedFOV5 - 13.02.16, 08:12

Rep: (9)
Dear FOV5, no new firmware was found for the T62D. When to expect?

Post has been editedmaxomed87 - 14.02.16, 01:24

Rep: (9)

Under the link in the header on google disk there is an updated firmware for T61B, C, D and T62B, C. For T62D no.

Sorry for the panic, caught a glitch))
When opening through the browser - the firmware is present. And when you open a Google drive through the Android application, it does not appear

Post has been editedmaxomed87 - 14.02.16, 08:39

Rep: (6)
FOV5 @ 02.02.2016, 5:00 pm*
Firmware dated February 2, 2016 appeared for the Boyue books of the T61 and T62 series for revisions: B, C and D. Who will be updated, please unsubscribe.

Poured via USB - did not like. Build for JD. Filling to a minimum. Gaps no. Chinese is full.
Returned to port 1.7.3.

* FOV5, All the same, please answer where the background pictures are hiding and how to replace or delete them, since the function in 1.7.3 to replace them with your pictures works like something is wrong.

where are the background pictures hiding and how to replace or remove them

They are located respectively in the "System / Media /" folder, you can delete / replace it only if you have a root file manager.

* FOV5, Thank! That same blunted. First of all, one had to look there). By the way, there is a bug again associated with the pictures. If, while in the reader, to give the book a redemption screen on its own, the picture first appears and then just a white screen.

then just a white screen.
This glitch, as it turned out, was laid in the original Onyx firmware, it was fixed in the latest version 1.7.4, which I haven’t yet ported to our device. As I deal with my problems and optimize my PC, there will be time to deal with them.

Rep: (1)
The other day it was updated by air to version V1.1.0-2016011615 from V1.1.0-2015110921 (book A6LHD with S / N GA6LHD2014xxxxxx). Does anyone know what's new in the firmware?

Post has been edited$ tma $ ter - 23.02.16, 01:39

$ tma $ ter @ 02.23.2016, 03:38*
Recently refreshed by air

The fact of the matter is that there is no Gmini ee on the site and what has been changed is not known, but I think that there are the same changes as for the book from SN: 2015
Let someone lay it out, then put it in the hat.

Post has been editedFOV5 - 23.02.16, 12:41

* FOV5,
another question. Maybe you know where you need to fix what to change the delay timer to turn off the book? Now the maximum delay is 60 minutes. And I would like to make 180. for the hour is not enough.

FOV5 @ 02.17.2016, 21:42*
The glitch, as it turned out, was laid in the original Onyx firmware, it was fixed in the latest version 1.7.4, which I haven’t yet ported

To adapt, take from this topic, for Carta:Onyx Boox C67ML - Firmware??? And what is there to change, add, in a few words you can write?

Nobody has modified the books yet for fix otg? What analogues have otg? I checked - the mouse connects and works if powered from an external source. To connect external media, a hard drive, for example, you probably need to edit fstab, because I did not want to mount the hard drive automatically, maybe because GPT NTFS or something else ... I thought that if instead of the wifi module you solder a USB hub and already connect the wifi module to it and output otg with power. There is just a side space and there is a connection for the connector to cut a hole. I think it will be even easier than to look for free exits on RK3026 and solder to them.

What analogues have otg?

In the sense of? You can use the OTG feature if you take a hub and power it from an external power source to power the book itself and USB devices connected to the hub. What kind of USB hub can fit, I do not know.
In extreme cases, you have to connect USB devices through an OTG-specific cable, which is powered by an external power source.
In order to redo something in the book - there is no point in this, it is better not to touch something that works so well.

Post has been editedFOV5 - 02.03.16, 19:38

Rep: (23)
Tell me, is it possible to install the firmware Gonyx v1.7.3 on boyue t61c?

Post has been editedChoice - 13.03.16, 09:29

Is it possible to install Gonyx v1.7.3 firmware on boyue t61c?

Not yet, since I have not met the owners of this device.
But in the near future, firmware version 1.7.4 will appear for all Boyue books.

Rep: (23)
FOV5 @ 03/13/2016, 2:53 PM*
But in the near future, firmware version 1.7.4 will appear for all Boyue books.

I hope it fixes this not real battery of standard firmware. And how soon is the release of version 1.7.4?)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 28.06.19, 09:01