Check in: 22.07.09
Sony Xperia Z1

ASUS RT-N65U - Discussion

A photo:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Description:
The router is based on the Ralink platform. One of the RT3883 processors (MIPS 74Kc, 500 MHz) has a built-in radio unit that operates at 5 GHz in 3T3R mode with connection speeds up to 450 Mbps.
The second (separate processor) RT3352F operates at 2.4 GHz (2T2R, up to 300 Mbps). The chip is a full-fledged SoC with a 400 MHz CPU, but in this model it is connected in an unusual way in iNIC (Intellegent NIC) mode - not via the PCIe bus, but directly to the internal switch via the Gigabit RGMII port. With this Wi-Fi connection scheme, the 2.4 GHz point is a stand-alone external network adapter, controlled by its own CPU, which offloads the main processor when servicing customers of this range.
The size of the main RAM of the model is 128 MB, the firmware is recorded on a 16 MB flash memory chip. Gigabit ports served by a switch Realtek RTL8367RB
Number of internal antennas 3.
The ability to connect a 3G-modem.
Two USB 3.0 ports for additional features.

Specifications:
Wireless standard
802.11 b / g / n, frequency 2.4 / 5 GHz, the possibility of simultaneous operation in two bands
Max. wireless connection speed
750 Mbps
Switch
4xLAN
Port speed
1000 Mbps
Number of slots 2 USB 3.0 Type A

Extended features
file download, file server, FTP server, UPnP AV server
Guest network
IPv6 support
Firewall (FireWall)
NAT
SPI
DHCP server
Dynamic DNS support
Demilitarized Zone (DMZ)
VPN
VPN pass through support
VPN tunnel support
PPTP support
L2TP support
IPSec support
Firmware:
The latest official version on the manufacturer's website Version 3.0.0.4.376.3754 from 2015/01/12

https://www.asus.com/N…65U/HelpDesk_Download/

But there are still newer RT-N65U_3.0.0.4_380_2345//savagemessiahzine.com/pages/g...a24f32d.trx&e=81143790
Padavana Firmware
http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=14:61181
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theme about the script to build the firmware Prometheus
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Self-build firmware padavana + the newest always + skins, and you can add a lot of things.
Video installation instructions ASUS Padavan based on the manual for the xaomi router
some corrections for the video, after downloading the PROMETHEUS, select the script 1) padavan, then choose our router n65u full and even further uboot you can not create and ssh hack we do not need, we will not have a patch to improve the signal, it is not for us.
photo of new firmware
Attached Image

Important:
For those who flashed the router is not successful
The router is easily changed using Asus Firmware Restoration. Install the ASUS Firmware Restoration version 2.0.0.0 package, connect the computer to the LAN 4 of the router, the link should be lit. Then manually configure the IP address on the computer as 192.168.1.2, run the Firmware Restoration utility and sew any firmware through it. If the link does not light up in LAN 4, you need to put the router into recovery mode, to do this, turn off the power, hold down the rezet and, without releasing, turn on the power. In recovery mode, the LED blinks.
Attached fileRescue_RT_N65U_2000.zip(3.44 MB)

F.A.Q:
Wiki Frequently Asked Questions about Padavan firmware
If the router periodically reboots but the signal level of the network is high, then there is a chance to replace the voltage regulator to fix everything:
Attached Image

name of the original UZ1086 output current - 1.5A chassis SOT-223
analogues: LM1117MPX-1.8 / NOPB
LM1117MPX-ADJ / NOPB
Repair information with pictures
ASUS RT-N65U - Discussion (Post micle-b # 71373201)
ASUS RT-N65U - Discussion (Post micle-b # 71375680)

If the router has a 2.4GHz network signal level, the lamps blink and a cyclic reboot, then most likely you need to change the processor that is responsible for the 2.4GHz RF3352F.
Here is a link to ali RF3352F//savagemessiahzine.com/pages/g…888428.html&e=74275288
here a soldering iron does not help))

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the complaint button, to which you need to add links.

Post has been editedbreki - 13.01.19, 20:32
Anythingdust
Message#2
08.07.15, 10:11
Guru
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 4664
Check in: 27.08.07
Apple iPhone Xs Max

comrades
I don’t know for which topic the profile will be the linkage of the linux and AFP protocol, therefore I will examine the topic and ask for help
there is asus rt-n65u
there is a hard disk connected to it, a disk in ext3 (as per instructions)instruction on wl500.info
and / or for thisfacts from the profile branch of the device on the trunk
on the screw raised optware and bolted netatalk and avahi instructionon wl500.info on screwing netatalk \ avahi and editing for time machines

I fight more than a week. seven times did everything from scratch
nifiga not seeing my macbook on AFP screw connected to RT-N65U
Well, by itself, the time machine on the MacBook does not see the screw
Access via ftp \ smb is, there are no problems

toli, I am confused, toli instruction for advanced, toli, I somewhere that then some point \ symbol did not put
but I don't understand where to look and how to understand where the error is and why I can't
where and what logs to watch fic knows

I understand that if someone comes in, this step-by-step help from scratch
but in general, if someone is willing to help - I will be grateful
By and large, I assume that my joint is somewhere in the configuration netatalk.conf \ avahi.conf

no one answered the instructions for wl500, the advanced people and the apple zamorochki are not interested in the trunk
There was no answer in the subject of a similar (and the same firmware from Padavan), in the hackintosh topic this is a terrible offtopic

I will be grateful

--------------------
MNE92 / MR9Q2 / MC309 / MT502 / MQD22 / ME918
Anythingdust
Message#3
08.07.15, 19:36
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4664
Check in: 27.08.07
Apple iPhone Xs Max

won. it remains to understand - how
with access via ssh and not via telnet
danced according to instructions from heretynts(with screw formatting in ext4)

and the most interesting is that the third instruction from heresetting up the time machine for rt-N56
Partly fits because by the first instruction I install entware and in the instructions for setting up a timemachine for rt-N56 optware is installed
and as a result, the netatalk.cfg and netatalk.conf files simply do not exist (created with the specified parameters)
4. Create a netatalk startup script when mounting / unmounting optware - file /opt/etc/init.d/S98afpd
I was already with a different number and I left it as is without ruling as indicated in the instructions
Create / edit file avahi-daemon.conf
created according to the instructions

so what is the little things I do not remember

it remains to reboot the router and see if afp will start after the router reboot and whether the macbook will see the screw

Here's a shame, as I did, but how - Fick knows (
UPD
I can not win access with a login password
as a guest, not a problem, but to remember, it does not work
user team adduser added

The instructions for rt-n56 have a procedure but it only works until a reboot, unfortunately
So I continue to ask for help (the main problem is solved - the macbook screw sees and backs up)
Attached Image

Post has been editedAnythingdust - 08.07.15, 20:06

--------------------
MNE92 / MR9Q2 / MC309 / MT502 / MQD22 / ME918
akella1939
Message#4
23.12.15, 09:25
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 6
Check in: 23.12.15

Good day everyone. Please help in setting up the asus rt-n65u router, namely the management of the embedded media server application.
I connected a hard disk to the router, installed a media server usb application, the router itself appeared in the network environment (RT-N65U-1BE4), the TV sees it - in this regard, everything is fine, but I cannot on this network drive (location) RT-N65U -1BE4, copy or delete files, files can get there only through the native download master router, I would like to have all the rights on this network drive. Thank you in advance.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
cooler.nvkz
Message#5
23.12.15, 10:28
PSx Maniac
[online]

Group: Moderators
Messages 14985
Check in: 02.07.06
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite 4/64

firmware native? IMHO, I would change to Padawan -http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=14:61181

--------------------
PSP Slim & Lite 2001
PS3 Slim 320GbCustom fw
PS3 SuperSlim 500GbOfficial fw
akella1939
Message#6
23.12.15, 18:37
a guest
[offline]

Messages 6
Check in: 23.12.15

I tried to change, the result does not change.
panikovski
Message#7
24.12.15, 23:22
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 448
Check in: 06.09.09
Xiaomi Mi 8

I also purchased this router today and immediately flashed it on the Padawan firmware (the Internet’s speed noticeably increased). I connect hdd, and he writes usb hdd is not connected. Is there something wrong.
As a result, I formatted the HDD in EXT3 format and everything was tuned, except for the torrent. The client itself is on the laptop, but I would like to put the client on the server, that would put on the download and went to work. How to be?

Post has been editedpanikovski - 25.12.15, 17:56
VG4
Message#8
10.04.16, 11:51
a guest
[offline]

Messages 8
Check in: 12.03.13

Hello!
Router RT-N65U. Flashed firmware from Padavan. Disaster recovery helped, put the official, everything works.
Then I flash from Padavan and the router goes into a cyclic reboot .. And that's all
Can I fix this?

Sincerely, Vladimir!
Aviloff1984
Message#9
11.07.16, 06:26
Local
[offline]

Messages 304
Check in: 22.11.07
Jiayu G4S Advanced

* VG4,Try using the prometheus script. Profile topic is on this forum.
✖XuMuK✖
Message#10
12.07.16, 10:15
[offline]

Messages 452
Check in: 11.12.13
Honor Play COR-L29

On the operation of the firmware from Padavan it is easier, IMHO, to ask \ search for a possible solution here -tyk

--------------------
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4.0 GHz
2x8 GB DDR4 Samsung OEM 2400 MHz @ 3466 (16-19-18-38-57-1)
Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti STRIX @ 2038 \ 12800
TAIDA
Message#11
04.09.16, 19:41
Local
[offline]

Messages 164
Check in: 02.02.14
Meizu M3 Note 3/32

Hello! My ASUS RT-N65U has been working for several years. Since I did not have devices working on Wi-Fi 5 GHz before, this module was turned off, but now the devices have appeared and decided to turn it on. After connecting, everything worked, and after half an hour, when the network was loaded, the router went into a cyclic restart. After disconnecting all the cables, I booted up and I disconnected the 5 GHz Wi-Fi module via Wi-Fi. At first, I thought that the thermal paste might have dried up and I changed it. The old one was only on the small heel. I applied the paste over the entire surface of the contact with the radiator. I collected it, turned on Wi-Fi 5 GHz, the router worked for a few minutes, and went into a constant reboot. I can not disable the module.
I reset the settings with the button resets, but by default, both modules are included.
The firmware was the last official one.
Tell me, is it somehow treated, or just a repair?
turned
Message#12
05.09.16, 00:56
Local
[offline]

Messages 178
Check in: 23.02.10
Asus VivoTab Note 8

* TAIDA,trypadavanfirmware to roll, you can try and reduce power if there is already a problem with iron / overheating

The device is 5Mhz, a couple of years normal flight

The ssid case is not the same asked for 2.4 and 5Mhz?

Post has been editedturned - 05.09.16, 00:58
Reason for editing: power

--------------------
The signature should not exceed 300 characters and have no more than 3 lines of text.
TAIDA
Message#13
05.09.16, 08:13
Local
[offline]

Messages 164
Meizu M3 Note 3/32

ssid different on different modules. The fact is that at these settings everything worked before. How can I flash, if the router does not load, does the download constantly stop?
turned
Message#14
05.09.16, 17:59
Local
[offline]

Messages 178
Asus VivoTab Note 8

* TAIDA,start from hereDisaster recovery firmware on ASUS router.

--------------------
The signature should not exceed 300 characters and have no more than 3 lines of text.
TAIDA
Message#15
10.09.16, 20:31
Local
[offline]

Messages 164
Meizu M3 Note 3/32

turned @ 09/05/2016, 17:59*
TAIDA, start from here - Disaster recovery firmware on ASUS router.

Thanks for the information. Restored the firmware. Only on the firmware from "padavan", for some reason, after the firmware, the router did not want to boot (it rebooted cyclically). Nakatil from Asus. It turned out to download. Earned, but not steady. After shutting down the 2.4 module, it began to work normally at 5. Most likely overheating. I will try to cool the front plate.
Tell me please, and what firmware from "padavan" to install? There is a basic and full version. What is the difference between them?

Post has been editedTAIDA - 10.09.16, 20:35
turned
Message#16
11.09.16, 00:43
Local
[offline]

Messages 178
Asus VivoTab Note 8

* TAIDA,paragraphdifferences between firmware imagesThe FAQ is still below (there is "How to switch from the factory firmware to the Padavan version? How to get back to the factory one?"),

ibid item "How is the power of Wi-Fi signal regulated?" This is about overheating, if not critical, set to 0, or play with both frequencies.

If you do not use USB v3.0, you can turn it off, it will give something in your case or not xs (screen on padavan, I don’t remember it in my native firmware)
Attached Image

Disable guest and if all devices are N, set N only modes, in theory, it will be less jumping, load less

--------------------
TAIDA
Message#17
12.09.16, 22:12
Local
[offline]

Messages 164
Meizu M3 Note 3/32

I managed to flash the router, but only with ASUS firmware. The firmware from "padavan" is stitched, but when the loading of the router begins, after the 2.4 and 5 LEDs light up, the router goes to reboot. On the ASUS firmware, the router is loaded once, it allows you to configure yourself, and if you don’t turn off some radio module, it will reboot after a reboot.
I disabled the 2.4 module and the router began to work stably. If you heavily load the modem (wired and 5G), then everything works without brakes and glitches. I carried it to the workshop, they said it was a hardware problem, but there is nothing to repair.
In general: The work of the wired and 5G while it suits me, I will collect money for a new one.
Thank you for the help in restoring the work of the router, although not at full capacity, but at least that way.
pep2007
Message#18
13.10.16, 18:30
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1569
Check in: 03.09.08
Highscreen ICE 2

* TAIDA,
all also with a router.
But from padavan it is installed 3.0.3.72 and works, but all that the next firmware is already reboot is permanent. although everything worked before, it was 3.0.3.99.
On the native latest firmware from the asus, everything works, but there is no speed on the wifi, only if you stand near the router.
The router is warming.
in repair, too, was, could not do anything.

Post has been editedpep2007 - 13.10.16, 18:33

--------------------
HighScreen ice2 MIUI7 6.5.25, FLY Tornado Slim MIUI 5.8.27
TAIDA
Message#19
15.10.16, 22:35
Local
[offline]

Messages 164
Meizu M3 Note 3/32

Pep2007 @ 10/13/2016, 6:30 PM*
But from padavan it is installed 3.0.3.72 and works

Where can I download this firmware version (3.0.3.72)
turned
Message#20
16.10.16, 11:59
Local
[offline]

Messages 178
Asus VivoTab Note 8

* TAIDA,the firstlinkDownload repository 1007.9 MB, can there all versions?

--------------------
TAIDA
Message#21
16.10.16, 15:44
Local
[offline]

Messages 164
Meizu M3 Note 3/32

turned @ 10/16/2016 11:59*
The first link is Download repository 1007.9 MB, can there all versions?

There the devil's leg will break! Nothing like it came across. If it is possible to post the firmware version (3.0.3.72), or give a link. (I'm not friends with English)
Asus

13 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/29/19 13:48