TP-LINK TL-WR842ND - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, firmware, problem solving

Rep: (15)
TP-LINK TL-WR842N / ND- Discussion
Attached Image
The forum decided to post images under the spoiler Attached Image

A photo:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Description:
TL-WR842ND is a multi-function wireless N Router with data transfer rates up to 300 Mbit / s, which ensures trouble-free streaming of HD-video, online gaming, Skype calls and fast transfer of files over the LAN. Multifunction USB port provides convenient work with the printer over a wireless connection and the ability to FTP-server configuration. Guest network with its own private access to your network for guest users, and VPN-tunnel function can ensure the security in data transmission between several local networks.
Specifications:
  • Wi-Fi speed - up to 300 Mbps
  • Wireless Standards - IEEE 802.11n / g / b
  • Frequency range - 2,400 - 2,4835 GHz
  • Interfaces - 4 10/100 Mbps LAN ports, 1 10/100 Mbps WAN port, 1 USB 2.0 port
  • Buttons Button - WPS / Reset (WPS function / reset), Wi-Fi ON / OFF button (on / off wireless broadcast)
  • Antennas - 2 removable omnidirectional antennas with 5 dBi gain
  • USB functions - Data storage / FTP / Media / Print server / 3G / 4G connection
  • Wireless Network Security - WEP, WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK Encryption, MAC Address Filtering
  • Additional functions - NAT (network address translation), VPN traffic transmission (PPTP / L2TP / IPSec), SPI firewall, access control, 5 IPsec VPN tunnels, guest network
  • Food - 12 V post. current / 1 A
  • Dimensions - 192 x 130 x 33 mm
Firmware
Instructions:
Complete User Guide:
Restore or replace the router software:
  • 1. If there are no problems for users when switching from official to alternative firmware, an attempt to replace one alternative firmware with another may cause difficulties. For example, if you want to replace OpenWRT with DD-WRT (and other combinations), you will need to roll back to the factory software from the web interface and then upgrade to the desired one.
  • 2. This router is practically not killed (in terms of experiments with software), but a situation may arise when it is necessary to recover, but there is no access to the web interface. Then we do this (an example for revision v2, therefore the files are substituted for the revision corresponding to yours):time, two, three. Firmware for recovery via tftpd revision 3.
  • 3. Ways to replace the router software

3G / 4G USB Modem Compatibility Chart(stock software).
3G Backup Channel Setup(OpenWRT).
Examplerestore and configure the router (ver.1) with Gargoyle, NDIS modem (3372) + unlimited bonuses ;-)
Replacing the radiator in the TL-WR842ND v1
Connect OpenWrt / LEDE as a wifi client
DD-Wrt connection as a wifi client
We raise 4G connection on Openwrt
Differences from the team building ofmodemsandmen from openwrt
Collection of tips

The curator of the topic isN.o.F.a.c.e.

Post has been editedN.o.F.a.c.e. - 06.07.19, 13:32
Reason for editing: Firmware for returning to stock

Rep: (14)
Advise how to get to work on this device openwrt with megaphone m21-4

Rep: (49)
altiveus, tell me again on the cover stortogo password Wi fi. The computer I have internet via modem from MTS yusb, so I need to connect a cable router date, go to the Web settings of the router and there to put a password on the new Wi fi? Ask whether the old password when you change the factory?

Rep: (61)
* dmitrimalik77, It does not ask. Once the password to enter the setting.

kpk31gru @ 21.01.2016, 22:33*
Advise how to get to work on this device openwrt with megaphone m21-4

And what is the problem? The whole setup is to create a connection to the web interface. Come to the interfaces, ADD (add a new connection), select the type of 3g (modem is likely to be / dev / ttyUSB0) and enter data operator (apn and login with the password number to dial * 99 #), the tick should stand in the properties Connections- on startup. If you see that the package went rx tx means everything correctly set up. Now there is no way a picture is painted in detail, but the meaning is. If you do not use the wan, a bit of a chat, you can change it in the type of connection to the modem and then do not need to configure the firewall. In many instances the network settings via luci. Look morehere. There may be a problem with the definition of a modem (although I doubt), then go toa profile on a branchsavagemessiahzine.commodem and unplug it to cd-rom through the terminal.

Post has been editedaltiveus - 23.01.16, 10:42

Rep: (32)
Tell me, if you buy it, it will work with it to fly through the cord? Or taking other better modification, and what?
I have long standing DSL2600U, but it works without SIM cards. After selling his (do not want to sit on the old equipment).
The goal: that was with cord and through the Simcoe (Simcoe to buy modemchik example E3722 and unlock it)
DI_MMA @ 19.01.2016, 20:00*
Now OpenWRT firmware for the router TP-LINK TL-WR842ND V2 will spread and update onlinehttps://sites.google.com/site/openwrt1router

And in the other sections did not find download
Attached Image

Comrade said in the post:
Fly for routers, the tariff does not work, only to gamers and planshetov.Esli learn that the router will disconnect Internet.

and it pays 450 rubles / month))
He TP-LINK TL-WR842ND V2 (TP-LINK TL-WR842ND V2 and E3722 .On that have changed or TTL Have to fly worked on Sims smartphone (both)?
TriBezlimita rate of 3 rubles per day to fly.

Post has been editedrublik2009 - 23.01.16, 12:42

Rep: (8)
DI_MMA @ 12.01.2016, 18:38*
I bring to your attention a new firmware based on the newest kernel OpenWRT 15.05 Chaos Calmer for the TL-WR842ND (RU) v2 router

Do I understand correctly that for conventional TL-WR842ND also suitable? And why the web interface is not the same as the official? This skin?

rublik2009 @ 23.01.2016, 10:51*
And in the other sections did not find download

You see the news section. In the top menu, go to the section with stable or test firmware. There below are listedlinks to download, no buttons.

Post has been editedPupkinnV - 23.01.16, 15:59

Rep: (268)
* PupkinnV ,
What do you mean by normal? Prosha only suitable for tl-wr842nd v2 and nothing else ... for the firmware interface can be of several kinds ... It has nothing to do with skinheads ...

* egen1980
"Normal" means without the prefix "RU".
TL-WR842ND
TL-WR842ND (RU)
"RU" is the hardware version 2 only, and the "normal" version 1 and 2. I understand v2 and v2 "RU" is the same thing.

Post has been editedPupkinnV - 23.01.16, 21:27

* PupkinnV , The prefix RU marketing feature ... mean rusifitsirovanuyu ask ... and only ...

And that due to the firmware you change the kernel version: 3.18.23 that it was a new kernel version 4.1.15 (and it is no download button)?

* rublik2009,
4.1.15 in the Trunk (Beta) version. Downloaded in the appropriate section. These are two different versions.

Which modem to it is better to use (which will not conflict)? I think to buy from summerHuawei E3272and unlock

Post has been editedrublik2009 - 25.01.16, 10:27

AleZPro, went into the router settings at 192.168.0.1, the password is written factory right there all right, and now connects via Wi fi to it. But the point is, when you connect writes network without internet access. I do not get it. Modem MTS worker stabbed, but neither browser on your phone or your computer does not want to go online. What is it can be, it can be in the settings that need to be corrected?

Rep: (7)
altiveus @ 26.12.2015, 11:47*
Gargoyle OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05 / LuCI (git-15.322.41240-4e44955)

Please tell me where to get a gargoyle with Chaos Calmer. The official website of support for our model, the router is not only amateur old 1.6.2.2.

Threat found. The test image is. You have it stitched? Stable work?

Post has been editeddeco90 - 24.01.16, 15:08

deco90 @ 24.01.2016, 16:37*
You have it stitched? Stable work?

Yes. I put at the beginning of the year and forget about the router. "Nebyloniedinogorazryvaaaa"))). 12klientov connected, the paying terminal HP through switch vile printer (which is by no means been given to other routers) and E173 whistle. Even restarting a quest there.
Gargoyle.

Post has been editedaltiveus - 24.01.16, 19:29

What is the connection, if:
Our device works on 3G
I'll put the modem from summer to 4G (E3722).
Sim Fly does not support 3G (only 2G, and 4G)?

tell me how to set up Wi fi connection. Wi fi network is detected, connect to it, the phone settings displayed connectivity, good signal, but the Internet does not come out. With the computer writes the network without access to the Internet. Why? What's wrong ?

* dmitrimalik77 Very blurry explained the situation ... Problems can be either from the provider, and you have the settings wrong ... direct cable connection to a computer gives the 'Net?

egen1980, I go to the site settings and nothing more. Fact network Wai Wai catches, connects to it and no internet. Yusb modem from MTS by itself works fine

Rep: (1)
Help to make friends with this router Hardy yes 3TB. It turns out to connect a USB flash drive 32 and hard does not see. Tried on the factory firmware (native and updated to 3.15.9 Build 140922) and luci-15.05-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr842n-v2-squashfs-factory, by the way in the final and failed to connect a USB flash drive.
PS: I am very far from this theme and just want to connect a hard disk as a network and forget about him years to 5. So I will be very grateful for the type of instruction, "Take it to click."

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 01/02/20, 21:05