TP-LINK TL-WR842ND - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, firmware, problem solving

Rep: (15)
TP-LINK TL-WR842N / ND- Discussion
Attached Image
The forum decided to post images under the spoiler Attached Image

A photo:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Description:
TL-WR842ND is a multi-function wireless N Router with data transfer rates up to 300 Mbit / s, which ensures trouble-free streaming of HD-video, online gaming, Skype calls and fast transfer of files over the LAN. Multifunction USB port provides convenient work with the printer over a wireless connection and the ability to FTP-server configuration. Guest network with its own private access to your network for guest users, and VPN-tunnel function can ensure the security in data transmission between several local networks.
Specifications:
  • Wi-Fi speed - up to 300 Mbps
  • Wireless Standards - IEEE 802.11n / g / b
  • Frequency range - 2,400 - 2,4835 GHz
  • Interfaces - 4 10/100 Mbps LAN ports, 1 10/100 Mbps WAN port, 1 USB 2.0 port
  • Buttons Button - WPS / Reset (WPS function / reset), Wi-Fi ON / OFF button (on / off wireless broadcast)
  • Antennas - 2 removable omnidirectional antennas with 5 dBi gain
  • USB functions - Data storage / FTP / Media / Print server / 3G / 4G connection
  • Wireless Network Security - WEP, WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK Encryption, MAC Address Filtering
  • Additional functions - NAT (network address translation), VPN traffic transmission (PPTP / L2TP / IPSec), SPI firewall, access control, 5 IPsec VPN tunnels, guest network
  • Food - 12 V post. current / 1 A
  • Dimensions - 192 x 130 x 33 mm
Firmware
Instructions:
Complete User Guide:
Restore or replace the router software:
  • 1. If there are no problems for users when switching from official to alternative firmware, an attempt to replace one alternative firmware with another may cause difficulties. For example, if you want to replace OpenWRT with DD-WRT (and other combinations), you will need to roll back to the factory software from the web interface and then upgrade to the desired one.
  • 2. This router is practically not killed (in terms of experiments with software), but a situation may arise when it is necessary to recover, but there is no access to the web interface. Then we do this (an example for revision v2, therefore the files are substituted for the revision corresponding to yours):time, two, three. Firmware for recovery via tftpd revision 3.
  • 3. Ways to replace the router software

3G / 4G USB Modem Compatibility Chart(stock software).
3G Backup Channel Setup(OpenWRT).
Examplerestore and configure the router (ver.1) with Gargoyle, NDIS modem (3372) + unlimited bonuses ;-)
Replacing the radiator in the TL-WR842ND v1
Connect OpenWrt / LEDE as a wifi client
DD-Wrt connection as a wifi client
We raise 4G connection on Openwrt
Differences from the team building ofmodemsandmen from openwrt
Collection of tips

The curator of the topic isN.o.F.a.c.e.

Post has been editedN.o.F.a.c.e. - 06.07.19, 13:32
Reason for editing: Firmware for returning to stock

Rep: (0)
Goodnight. tell me how to solve the problem for a fool:
I have a router with firmware v2 and modem 4G Yota s15.
Download Firmware but none no package (kmod-usb-net kmod-usb-net-asix kmod-usb-net-cdc-ether kmod-usb-net-rndis kmod-usb2 kmod-ath9k kmod-usb-ohci)
and install them can not due to the fact that the lack of knowledge. You can put a backup to installed packages? or maybe I'm not there ... looking at creating a new interface does not appear interface with usb ...
Thank!

Rep: (206)
svk11982 @ 16.04.19, 23:34*
I downloaded firmware but no one there is no packet

then something is not swung
TP-LINK TL-WR842ND - Discussion

updated ... tell me what's next ...

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Is there an open wrt firmware for tplink 842n v5 proven working? need for a router with 4g modem connection, please skip if there is

Rep: (1)
drugany skinte TL-WR842N V5 firmware do you know what: rolleyes:
I will be grateful!

Rep: (202)
yomanx @ 18.04.19, 23:36*
you know what

And to collect the weak? : D

I use the TL-WR842N V3. Official Firmware (and last) with the purchase. Like the site did not appear fresh. I picked up in the HDD router for connecting and sharing media server. Media server is visible at once, and the TV in the network, and on your computer. As HDD network drive found only "force" after the conductor in the line have - \\ 192.168.0.1.

It is depressing, that access to this drive at a fairly low speed. Copying to the HDD of large movie files at a speed of 4-6 megabytes per second. As well as the rate of production from the HDD to view 4K video to the TV is not enough. It is somehow treated? Firmware or something else? Or is the router itself is the bottleneck and prevents HDD to work quickly?

Post has been editedizhside - 20.04.19, 08:27

Rep: (8)
firmware version - 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 180,425 Rel.71779
Device version - TL-WR842N v5 00000001

Hello, this problem, connect the hard drive via USB, media server is found on the TV. like all the file is read, everything is fine, but sorting is not clear On what basis, all in discord ... I want to watch a TV series, all series are out of order, although normal file names, in alphabetical order (series have in order to go). if a hard drive connected to the television, then everything is fine ..
How can you do that on Media Server and the files are sorted in alphabetical order? the TV does not have any settings, only the filter (video, audio, photo). TV Samsung

Rep: (2)
Tell me there is a Russian firmware WR842ND v1? In the cap on the failed.

Rep: (32)
* map026,
On the official site is not it? Usually there are archives.

* FedorinoFF ,
Would you even on the first site went off and looked up, there is no firmware in Russian for this version

* kirandy
Still there is a forum TP-Link. There was?

Rep: (28)
* map026,
Gargoyle + rusky very stable firmware.
It is working for several years without any problems.

Rep: (206)
map026 @ 21.04.19, 19:35*
Tell me there is a Russian firmware WR842ND v1? In the cap on the failed.

It has long been collected lede rusifitsirovanaya modules modems from goldenorb wearing hat just have links

please tell me, was a gargoyle 1.9.1 2017. Over the weekend, a router in the preparation of the Internet became a reboot.
Returned to their home (I through tftp trimmed native firmware).
Now I want to flash back to the gargoyle
downloaded
gargoyle_1.10.0-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr842n-v1-squashfs-factory.bin
gargoyle_1.10.0-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr842n-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

choose gargoyle_1.10.0-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr842n-v1-squashfs-factory.bin shake Upgrade nothing.
screen
Attached Image

What am I doing wrong ?

842ND v1.1 version of the router

Post has been editedmaza11 - 22.04.19, 11:59

Rep: (28)
* maza11,
why do not last?
gargoyle_1.11.0-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr842n-v1-squashfs-factory.bin

* Gertz78,
1.11 experimental
1.10 stable
Stability is important to me experimentation :)
Why can not sew?

p.s. with gargoyle_1.11.0-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr842n-v1-squashfs-factory.bin same

renamed the firmware in the process and went gargoyle.bin
I guess that's about it :)

Post has been editedmaza11 - 22.04.19, 12:35

Rep: (2)
FedorinoFF @ 04/21/19, 11:59 PM*
On the official site is not it? Usually there are archives.

No, and there was no Russ on V1.
Attached Image

Now gargoyle_1.11.0 can not put the plug-ins, like Russian interfeeys do, went to the plug-ins. click Refresh on the plugin I press Install, writes Please wait ... and nothing on the page, he remains in the status of Not Installed, the same with dynamic dns, I press Install, writes Please wait ... and nothing

* maza11 ,
Put first stable version 1.6.2, it is direct from a web muzzle zaley firmware:
https: //www.gargoyle-r...quashfs-sysupgrade.bin
Install Russian language at once, time zone and time. Then add any plugins you need. Then upgrade to version 1.8.1 stable this file, also of web muzzle:
https: //www.gargoyle-r...quashfs-sysupgrade.bin
When you upgrade by checking on the "Save settings". Russian language and all the plugins must stay. And no longer updated! I even at version 1.10.0 for some reason do not install the Russian language and additional. plugins. But it's all I did on the router WR841N v8 with perepayanoy memory stick 16 MB, but I think the difference is almost no, do not get even at version 1.10.0 to set Russian and additional. plugins. And why - xs, I have not yet figured out. Good luck!

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 12/05/19, 13:51