TP-LINK TL-WR842ND - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, firmware, problem solving

Rep: (15)
TP-LINK TL-WR842ND- Discussion
Attached Image
The forum decided to post images under the spoiler Attached Image

A photo:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Description:
The TL-WR842ND is a multifunctional N-Series wireless router with data transfer speeds up to 300 Mbps, which guarantees uninterrupted HD video streaming, online gaming, Skype calls and fast file transfer over a local network. A multifunctional USB port provides convenient operation with a printer over a wireless connection, as well as the ability to configure an FTP server. The guest network provides separate access to your network for guest users, and the VPN tunnel function is able to provide security when transferring data between several local networks.
Specifications:
  • Wi-Fi speed - up to 300 Mbps
  • Wireless Standards - IEEE 802.11n / g / b
  • Frequency range - 2,400 - 2,4835 GHz
  • Interfaces - 4 10/100 Mbps LAN ports, 1 10/100 Mbps WAN port, 1 USB 2.0 port
  • Buttons Button - WPS / Reset (WPS function / reset), Wi-Fi ON / OFF button (on / off wireless broadcast)
  • Antennas - 2 removable omnidirectional antennas with 5 dBi gain
  • USB functions - Data storage / FTP / Media / Print server / 3G / 4G connection
  • Wireless Network Security - WEP, WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK Encryption, MAC Address Filtering
  • Additional functions - NAT (network address translation), VPN traffic transmission (PPTP / L2TP / IPSec), SPI firewall, access control, 5 IPsec VPN tunnels, guest network
  • Food - 12 V post. current / 1 A
  • Dimensions - 192 x 130 x 33 mm
Firmware
Instructions:
Complete User Guide:
Restore or replace the router software:
  • 1. If there are no problems for users when switching from official to alternative firmware, an attempt to replace one alternative firmware with another may cause difficulties. For example, if you want to replace OpenWRT with DD-WRT (and other combinations), you will need to roll back to the factory software from the web interface and then upgrade to the desired one.
  • 2. This router is practically not killed (in terms of experiments with software), but a situation may arise when it is necessary to recover, but there is no access to the web interface. Then we do this (an example for revision v2, therefore the files are substituted for the revision corresponding to yours):time, two, three. Firmware for recovery via tftpd revision 3.
  • 3. Ways to replace the router software

3G / 4G USB Modem Compatibility Chart(stock software).
3G Backup Channel Setup(OpenWRT).
Examplerestore and configure the router (ver.1) with Gargoyle, NDIS modem (3372) + unlimited bonuses ;-)
Replacing the radiator in the TL-WR842ND v1
Connect OpenWrt / LEDE as a wifi client
DD-Wrt connection as a wifi client
We raise 4G connection on Openwrt
Differences from the team building ofmodemsandmen from openwrt
Collection of tips

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 12.05.19, 16:36
Reason for editing: Firmware for returning to stock

Rep: (164)
5zulunder @ 03/21/19, 11:01 PM*
What can be done in this situation?

On the drain, you can hold the reset for 10-15 seconds

Rep: (354)
Solalex1 @ 03.21.19, 21:02*
On the drain, you can hold the reset for 10-15 seconds

On OpenWrt also helps.

Rep: (0)
It was like this. I installed the firmware (842nd v1) openwrt 15.05.1 to the factory interface via the web, everything was installed but the web interface was not working. With WinSCP I threw the sysupgrade file after renaming it to code.bin. Then the program PuTTY (ssh) entered the router and before the firmware WEBa changed the password of the entrance to the router to root, only inadvertently put a space before the password, I think ok and the password also confirmed the "space" of root. The router accepted it, after that I launched the web firmware, everything was OK, I rebooted it. At the address 192,168,1,1 web lede is loaded, LuCI asks for a username and password, but it doesn’t fit as soon as I didn’t try it using putty and winscp. He asks for a password. What can be done in this situation? Maybe what tools are there to pick up a password?

Rep: (402)
* 5zulunder,
Putty>telnet: mtd -r erase rootfs_data
Throw off the factory. :)
Turn on the router
As soon as the 'SYS' LED flashes (signaling the system boot), press and hold the 'RESET' button on the back panel until the 'SYS' LED flashes very quickly.
After that, you can open the telnet console at 192.168.1.1. Without a login request and password.

Post has been editedvovan26_ - 21.03.19, 23:45

: Thank_you: Friends thank you very much. Everything turned out

Rep: (10)
Hello! Tell me, the megaphone does not ring out the modem on the wifi. Moreover, the huawei e3372 modem is unlocked and the hilink firmware. but in the same modem, tele2 works without problems. The modem works separately from the computer, too, but doesn’t any o.O. do anything with it ???

v111v111 @ 03.11.19, 12:59*
OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment firmware 12.09 TL-WR842ND (v1.x / 2.x) from yohimba
All for 3g and flash drives preinstalled. Who needs a language, the package must be installed.

I put this firmware on the TL-WR842ND v1, I can not understand how to configure the 4G Huawei E8372 modem, did anyone do this?

Post has been editedOctavius.vs - 22.03.19, 21:18

Rep: (304)
I put this firmware on the TL-WR842ND v1, I can not understand how to configure the 4G Huawei E8372 modem, did anyone do this?

Firmware from Of Modems and Men to help you, nothing
no need to configure everything to connect automatically.
Link in the header.

I updated the OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment firmware 12.09 TL-WR842ND (v1.x / 2.x) from the yohimba upgrade file from Of Modems and Men, now I can't get into the modem settings via 192.168.1.1. or did something wrong or did not understand something o.O

Rep: (31)
Please reply for subsequent instructions inCollection of tips :
1) Are there people with open ssh on the router? Have you updated dropbear?
2) Are there any additional zones rezolvuyuschie on the router? For example, OpenNIC?
3) Are there people with an open web interface? Have you changed the login page to avoid search engines?

Rep: (78)
* Octavius.vs , But you did it in vain, you had to change the firmware through a rollback to your native one. Now google resetting settings on openwrt can help ..
In general, it is desirable to read the cap, learn the mat partTP-LINK TL-WR842ND - Discussion (Post by altiveus # 47659854)

Post has been editedv111v111 - 24.03.19, 18:48

Rep: (402)
Octavius.vs @ 03/23/19, 01:59*
get into the modem settings through 192.168.1.1.
So modem or router?

Rep: (27)
good day.
if I already have a gargoyle firmware and I want to upgrade to a later version.
without losing the settings updated through:
gargoyle_1.11.0-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr842n-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
straight from the web interface?

Rep: (31)
straight from the web interface?

Yes.but after the upgrade burnin case of glitches, it is recommended to reset the settings.

Tell me plz, model 842N from 842ND what is different? Sorry for the possible offtopic.

Rep: (27)
* Gybyr,
removable and non-removable antennas.

Rep: (8)
Guys where you can buy TL-WR842N v3?

Rep: (105)
* fika82 ,
On Avito and similar sites, if you find. This version has not been released for a long time, if we are talking about v3

Rep: (8)
* kirandy , Here seems to be there, but the store does not inspire confidence.

Post has been editedfika82 - 04.04.19, 21:53
Reason for editing: Link

Rep: (105)
* fika82 ,
Sorry, confused in the themes, I thought that we are talking about the 841st. Well, this v3 router can still be found on sale. And about this site you can certainly find reviews in the internet, if in doubt.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/26/19, 21:12