TP-LINK TL-WR842ND - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, firmware, problem solving

Rep: (15)
TP-LINK TL-WR842N / ND- Discussion
Attached Image
The forum decided to post images under the spoiler Attached Image

A photo:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Description:
TL-WR842ND is an N-series multi-function wireless router with data transfer rates up to 300 Mbps, which guarantees uninterrupted HD video streaming, online games, Skype calls and fast file transfer over a local network. The multifunctional USB port provides convenient work with the printer wirelessly, as well as the ability to configure the FTP server. The guest network provides separate access to your network for guest users, and the VPN tunnel function can provide security when transferring data between multiple local networks.
Specifications:
  • Wi-Fi speed - up to 300 Mbps
  • Wireless Standards - IEEE 802.11n / g / b
  • Frequency range - 2,400 - 2,4835 GHz
  • Interfaces - 4 10/100 Mbps LAN ports, 1 10/100 Mbps WAN port, 1 USB 2.0 port
  • Buttons Button - WPS / Reset (WPS function / reset), Wi-Fi ON / OFF button (on / off wireless broadcast)
  • Antennas - 2 removable omnidirectional antennas with 5 dBi gain
  • USB functions - Data storage / FTP / Media / Print server / 3G / 4G connection
  • Wireless Network Security - WEP, WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK Encryption, MAC Address Filtering
  • Additional functions - NAT (network address translation), VPN traffic transmission (PPTP / L2TP / IPSec), SPI firewall, access control, 5 IPsec VPN tunnels, guest network
  • Food - 12 V post. current / 1 A
  • Dimensions - 192 x 130 x 33 mm
Firmware
Instructions:
Complete User Guide:
Restore or replace the router software:
  • 1. If there are no problems for users when switching from official to alternative firmware, an attempt to replace one alternative firmware with another may cause difficulties. For example, if you want to replace OpenWRT with DD-WRT (and other combinations), you will need to roll back to the factory software from the web interface and then upgrade to the desired one.
  • 2. This router is practically not killed (in terms of experiments with software), but a situation may arise when it is necessary to recover, but there is no access to the web interface. Then we do this (an example for revision v2, therefore the files are substituted for the revision corresponding to yours):time, two, three. Firmware for recovery via tftpd revision 3.
  • 3. Ways to replace the router software

3G / 4G USB Modem Compatibility Chart(stock software).
3G Backup Channel Setup(OpenWRT).
Examplerestore and configure the router (ver.1) with Gargoyle, NDIS modem (3372) + unlimited bonuses ;-)
Replacing the radiator in the TL-WR842ND v1
Connect OpenWrt / LEDE as a wifi client
DD-Wrt connection as a wifi client
We raise 4G connection on Openwrt
Differences from the team building ofmodemsandmen from openwrt
Collection of tips

The curator of the topic isN.o.F.a.c.e.

Post has been editedN.o.F.a.c.e. - 06.07.19, 13:32
Reason for editing: Firmware for returning to stock

Rep: (2)
Hi everyone, I need help TP-LINK TL-WR842ND V2 router, installed the OpenWrt Wiki firmware,
Please tell me how to return the native firmware TL-WR842ND V2.

Post has been editedctich - 19.06.15, 11:38
Reason for editing: renamed the topic

Rep: (79)
It is possible to flash the router in the original way after OpenWRT using the tftp or MTD method, but DO NOT PASS through the Web-interface in any case. Otherwise, you risk getting a "brick" instead of a router. The name of the firmware should NOT contain the word "boot" Look for the firmware without "boot" or cut the boot. Return method is similarTP-LINK TL-MR3220

* arbi79,
Change the topic name by adding TL-WR842ND ....

Rep: (56)
* arbi79,
firmware for rollback, it is also restored herehttp: //ofmodemsandmen...tml#factory, renameso wr842v2_tp_recovery.bin and what you want with your neck, you can also through the web interface if it is available and never listen to anyone, if there is no web then through tftpd

Post has been editedvirtual13 - 16.06.15, 12:22

Rep: (1003)
arbi79,
http: //wiki.openwrt.or...owto/generic.uninstall

Post has been editedkoordinator - 18.06.15, 10:02
Reason for editing: virtual13, this post was addressed to arbi79, I’d clicked on the wrong answer

* koordinator,
they didn’t answer me with anything but with open wrt I’ll figure it out myself without wiki, but as for rollback, what difference does it make to roll back, even with boot in win scp, suck in the extreme case, the bootloader will overwrite 100% cleanly and give a warning that it will overwrite the firmware, and the bootloader will overwrite correctly and without errors, just restore the firmware via tftpd and all things, and since without boot it is much better and more reliable via the web than cutting circles to the person who did not see win scp in the eyes, well, etc., so to do something for example with routers or with any other piece of iron you just need to know
what are you doing, and not necessarily repeating that on the wiki then we also need to have a shorter head

Rep: (2)
Everything turned out, thank you guys

I connected the PC network card to the LAN port of the router and assigned ip 192.168.0.66. I launched the tftpd32.exe file,
On the switched off router, we hold down the reset, without pressing it, turn on the router, hold the reset until the lock LED lights up (rightmost)
If everything is done correctly, take away the loading bar. We are waiting for the router to reboot. and all

Archive tftpd32.exe, and ready firmware TL-WR842ND_V2

Attached files

Attached fileRecovery TL-WR842ND_V2.rar(6.44 MB)

Post has been editedarbi79 - 17.06.15, 21:28

Rep: (79)
* virtual13,
I saw the firmware for switching to the native one with Of Modems and Men, but I never used it ... So I made some security and wrote to not sew through the WEB interface ... At 740.741 and 841 through the WEB interface it is sewn normally, but on 842 is a hitch, if you just upgrade to your native ...

* v111v111,
Ordinary firmware, just without bootloaders, you can flash what you want

Rep: (6)
Is there somewhere a list of 3g \ 4g equipment, with whom it is already 100% tested and working?

* jartex
on open wrt almost everything that is in use on the official list of support for modems on the tp link in the download section

on open wrt almost everything that is in use on the official list of support for modems on the tp link in the download section

Well then tomorrow I will put it at work and try. although the feedback is not always positive about openwrt. I will write more about the results in the research process

In the process, I accidentally flashed the previous version of the firmware and now the router refuses to accept the change of software. tftpd also fails to restore the original state. Who else will advise?

In the process, accidentally flashed the previous version of the firmware

and which official or open wrt, or from the first version? via tftpd anyway should
to recover, just do everything carefully according to the instructionshttp: //forum.tp-linkru...5b28d6fbe1e6b91bbbca59, and if open wrt without a web, try as suggested to you on the topic above and through tftpd there were cases that you managed to restore via wan port

Post has been editedvirtual13 - 19.11.15, 16:05

Rep: (137)
Friends, there is such a router. Wi-Fi does not work - the button from the back if you hold for 2-3 seconds, then in the Status section the status of the wireless network changes On / Off. But there is no broadcast. Visually, the whole is on board and there is no smell.
What could be? How to return the wireless?
Ps. Bought it for the "beer" on the experiences.

and which official or open wrt, or from the first version? via tftpd anyway should
to recover, just do everything carefully according to the instructionshttp: //forum.tp-linkru...5b28d6fbe1e6b91bbbca59, and if open wrt without a web, try as suggested to you on the topic above and through tftpd there were cases that you managed to restore via wan port

I tried to install an older version of the firmware, now the router does not see the cdma modems. Today I read that I should work with zte mf190 and huawei e173

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Looks like no. At the house itself is worth it. After a year and a half of using no complaints

Jartex @ 11/27/2015, 00:22*
Looks like no

Yes, it is clear when it works and works ... But when it does not work or for whom it stopped working and cured ....

Unfortunately, due to the inactivity of users, we will not find a way out of the situation.

The main thing is that the router was used in the state in which it turned out after the firmware, and I got another lesson

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/14/19, 18:09