Virtualization and everything about | discussion of virtual machines, problem solving

Rep: (2708)
Virtualization and everything about

Attached Image

The provision of a set of computational resources or their logical combination, abstracted from the hardware implementation, while ensuring the logical isolation of computational processes running on a single physical resource.В© WiKi

Comparative table of the main characteristics of virtual machines

An example of the use of virtualization is the ability to run several operating systems on the same computer, each instance of such guest operating systems working with its own set of logical resources (processor, RAM, storage devices), the provision of which from the shared pool available at the hardware level, is controlled by the host operating system or hypervisor. Can also be subjected to virtualization of the data network, storage network, platform and application software.

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 24.05.19, 21:55

Rep: (1946)
* cold1234, Google? Network setup on the Oracle VM VirtualBox virtualization platform , eg.

Rep: (-2)
Lower Boundary Upper Boundary Addresses what is this? what to write in these fields?

* cold1234, no need to write anything anywhere, put everything on the machine, install add-ons on the guest system (or whatever it is called in the virtual box).
Setting up a network on an Oracle VM VirtualBox virtualization platform, for example
Figasse, you "gave" for example, even I became scared there
: D

Post has been editedShoore - 13.01.15, 13:01

What guest system are you talking about ??

Lower Boundary Upper Boundary Addresses what is this? what to write in these fields?
Something that does not suit something in the fields in the picture?
What guest system are you talking about ??
Standard terminology. By the link above:
In this case, the operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, and the guest is Windows XP Pro SP3.
The host is a physical machine. The guest is a guest, which is actually virtualized.
Shoore @ 01/13/2015, 2:00 p.m.*
Figasses, you "gave" for example, even I became scared there: D
A series of articles with pictures on VB on a decent resource. What else is needed for happiness? :-)

I managed everything) thanks for the help!) Likes to you)
The next question on the virtual machine is the default adapter vidyuhi is it possible to make my vidyuha work? not VirtualBox Graphics adapter

Post has been editedcold1234 - 13.01.15, 13:43

is it possible to do so
Not. There, from the host machine, in my opinion, the processor and some little things are taken.
VirtualBox is well-documented, I recommend reading it atof / websiteand there isattempt(not very fresh) translate it into Russian.

Rep: (9)
Hello. I am trying to install XP on the Oracle VM VirtualBox; when it comes to creating and formatting a disk, the virtual machine crashes with an error. Now the computer is running Windows XP SP3, 32-bit, a virtual machine from the latest version of the site. The disk is in VDI format, I tried both fixed, and dynamic, and large, and small. Nothing helps.http: //speccy.piriform...YUbqK0BRx3eay0Vw4zpJs1
UPD: image is normal, not assembly. pure XP, another tried - does not help. From the same image, the current axis was set to what is now on the PC.

Post has been editedNeo54213 - 04.03.15, 14:58
Reason for editing: infa about the image

Rep: (1146)
* Neo54213,
With what error crashes?

Rep: (0)
Shamano4ik @ 11/15/2014, 09:41*
installed VMware Workstation. Installed a guest system, configured, but the sound works extremely poorly: intermittent and "too low."

Try to putXenthere is good support for emulated equipment
Yes, but is the sound integrated into the mother? which chipset?

Rep: (622)
Neo54213 @ 03/04/2015, 13:44*
Now on the computer installed Windows XP SP3, 32-bi

I use the vmwre workstation, I have no problems, and I advise others as to your question, I have 8.1 main system, and I could never put the guest as the main one, maybe the answer is any, Mac, win (except 8.1 ), linux, android are installed and work stably.

Rep: (18)
Hello. Tell me, I'm trying to install Android on a PC. There are Win 10 10122, VirtualBox, Android 4.4. Requires to connect Bluetooth to Android. The adapter is built-in, Atheros AR3012. BT Low Energy is a must. Either Android tries to turn on BT, but cannot, and turns it off, or it turns on and sees devices, but LE does not see devices. How to fix?

Rep: (730)
I don’t know where to write, I decided to create a topic.

I want Windows 98. Well, there are toys and everything. Once I put some kind of virtual machine, then it turned out that something needs to be downloaded, something needs to be set up, somewhere to find the right image, then this ... well, in short, they didn’t get their hands on it.

No one will tell you how to get what you want with the least amount of gestures?

find the right image somewhere
https://www.google.com/...1YCgBQ&ved=0CFkQ1QIoAA
Need help recovering a Word MS 1997 file (Post Summerr # 35675753)

to get what you want with the least amount of gestures?
Ready image for Virtualboxhttps: //www.dropbox.co... 2ledso31f/win98vdi.zip

Post has been editedShoore - 31.05.15, 20:35

* Shoore,
hmm. Really for 17 years no one has created an option from the "take and use" series? I downloaded this “ready-made” image and it immediately became clear that I had to put this, this and that to hear the sound and not look at the 16-color square in the middle of the screen. Sad though, thanks.

has no one created the take-and-use option?
Duc, everything is in your hands: D Be the first.

Oh well, this VirtualBox is shorter. I put this driver on video, applied the necessary settings, changed the screen resolution, and Windows (which 98) went into perpetual reboot. I'll try to put it in VMWare tomorrow, unsubscribe.

How complicated it is ...

Post has been editedzusicks438 - 31.05.15, 21:51

* Shoore,
in short, not in the steppe you led me)

Best of all, Windows 98SE runs on Virtual PC 2007 SP1. The image of the virtual disk (or whatever it is called there) is on the root tracker. It works right away, without dancing with a tambourine.

Post has been editedzusicks438 - 02.06.15, 21:09

* zusicks438, Virtual PC what is it? Was there seven? I wanted to offer, but decided that geeks of the seven have not been using the third year: D

* Shoore,
but you knew that I was not a geek: lol: Yes, and that you also reinstalled seven to seven in winter, you also heard from the corner of your ear.

https: //www.microsoft.../details.aspx? id = 24439

Judging by the reviews on the Internet, VmWare works with guest Windows 9x at the level of "no way." So also not an option.

Post has been editedzusicks438 - 02.06.15, 21:37

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/12/19, 11:45 PM