Virtualization and everything about | discussion of virtual machines, problem solving

Rep: (2728)
Virtualization and everything about

Attached Image

The provision of a set of computational resources or their logical combination, abstracted from the hardware implementation, while ensuring the logical isolation of computational processes running on a single physical resource.В© WiKi

Comparative table of the main characteristics of virtual machines

An example of the use of virtualization is the ability to run multiple operating systems on one computer, moreover, each of the instances of guest operating systems operate with a set of logical resources (processor, memory, storage devices), the provision of which of the common pool available on the hardware level, manages The host operating system or hypervisor. It may also be subject to virtualization data network, storage area network, platform and application software.

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 24.05.19, 21:55

Rep: (42)
When starting QEMU
qemu debian.img
throws an iPXE error - Nothing to boot. No such file or directoryhttp://ipxe.org/err/2d03e1
Attached Image

I went into the iPXE command line and performed everything asit is written here- the variables $ {filename} and $ {root-path} are empty. Tell me why this error is and how to solve it.

Rep: (14)
Good day to all.
The following problem occurred:
Win 8.1 is installed on the computer. I decided to install a virtual axis: Win XP.
I tried to use two programs: VirtualBox, VMware Workstation.
Questions:
1. installed VirtualBox, created and configured the guest axis. I even managed to install and run it. The problem is that the host button does not work. There is no way to go to the main system. Installed VBoxGuestAdditions. After that, the mouse cursor disappeared altogether. What could be the problem and how to solve it? A search in Tyrnet did not yield any results (
2. Installed VMware Workstation. Installed a guest system, configured, but the sound works extremely poorly: intermittent and "too low."

Thank you all for the answers.

Shamano4ik @ 11/15/2014, 10:41*
I tried to use two programs: VirtualBox, VMware Workstation
Try itHyper v

Rep: (254)
* Shamano4ik, and VMWare did you install Guest Additions?

Rep: (14)
yes, set, after installation the sound has not changed (
somehow on the forums everything becomes normal for everyone (((
maybe a question in usb-clave?

Maybe there is a question in the usb clave?
Unlikely. I havea bunch of different virtual machinesand not a single one has any problems with sound or anything else.

Rep: (40)
Shamano4ik @ 11/15/2014, 10:41*
1. installed VirtualBox, created and configured the guest axis. I even managed to install and run it. The problem is that the host button does not work. There is no way to go to the main system. Installed VBoxGuestAdditions. After that, the mouse cursor disappeared altogether. What could be the problem and how to solve it? a search in tyrnet yielded absolutely no results (

And which button was pressed? I, for example, virt.box immediately said that I looked here - everything is ok, you can click nothing and just when the mouse is in the focus of the window - everything is ok. When dragged outside the window - you're in the main system.
If that - the exit button from the virtual machine - the right control for Windows.
But in the device manager, is the mouse visible?
you can see by clicking the windows button to get to my computer with the arrows, press the "context menu" button, usually there is one at the bottom of the keyboard to the right and select computer control.

You can still have a virtual mouse for people with disabilities, but here it’s rather not necessary.
The forum writes that the removal of VBoxGuestAdditions seems to help. Do you have a mouse problem when Windows is in window or in full screen mode? try to click the right control in the window and right-click a couple of times in virtualka.

But for win, use hyper-v, in general, correctly)

Post has been edited__gre - 16.11.14, 01:51

Rep: (44)
Guys, I have this here trabla- imeem- grid of three or four computers, tablets / smarts, and a pair of two plasma monitors 15 dyuymov.Kompy old and slabye- of Giga DDR 400 and DDR 2, respectively, router- Deere 320 ANR, is also not a fountain, but still want hvataet.Domashnie: media server, permanently accessible to plasma / Monica, other pleasures, faylopomoyki, access from any computer to the MFP not only prints, but also on skanirovanie.Ot themselves would like to tie them to their computer any convenient monitor (preferably) .Popytka teach these things create mess router- failure capacity little, usb / ip outdoor extremely buggy (prokidyval yusb MFP on the network, like a podklechennaya locally), as well as clients for Windows Sain (were finished off requirement of using the usual tools of obtuse people canon) Option hung malinok / podobnogo- expensive and not effective + from the people who saw the whole life only Vendian Linux is a lack of understanding and unwillingness to work with him. : Girl_cray: Came to the option to collect under virtualization server 3-4 virtualke, but here again the question-mostly data options (eg the ESXi) imply the presence of a thin client / yusb video, to draw pictures yuzeru.U me it turns into plasma by vidyuhi ( popolame dual-head?) and monitors (also popolame?) It's kind of how it is possible in the Xen, but still would like your mnenie.mfu and discs / flash drive with movies and other things connected to probroshennym in Dev with media server ports, and yusb hub prokinut the rest by Claudia / mouse / fleshki.Vobschem ought analogue mul isita.no with media server and plyushkami.V virtualke climb Venda, to her, but the game is not expected, CS maximum level 1.6.Trebuetsya only twist 5-6 gigs avishki on plasmas and surfing / office rabota.Kto that say?

Rep: (40)
media server, file storage, thick avishki. and discs withstand speed or raid0 / 1/10 planned?

Rep: (0)
Hello.
Actually the problem is in the topic title.
Virtual Box 4.3.20 r96997.
A search on the Internet only returned results for VMware Player.
There you need to fix the file config with the extension .vmx, adding several lines to it:

monitor_control.virtual_rdtsc = "false"
monitor_control.restrict_backdoor = "true"
isolation.tools.getPtrLocation.disable = "true"
isolation.tools.setPtrLocation.disable = "true"
isolation.tools.setVersion.disable = "true"
isolation.tools.getVersion.disable = "true"
monitor_control.disable_directexec = "true"

But I did not find a file with such an extension in either VMware or Virtual Box.
Tell me, is there a way to bypass this protection? Or kick in the right direction, where to dig.
Thumbnails

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (1464)
I still do not understand what you want to change? Can I write in normal words?

The program is installed on the virtual machine. When launched, she writes that she will not work in a virtual environment.
On the net, I found a way around this protection, but for VMware Player.
The person who voiced this method launched the same program as mine. As I understand it, at startup, the program checks in which environment it is installed.
I have a Virtual Box.
I tried to install VMware Player. But I did not find the config file of the installed guest os with the extension .vmx.
Where, what and how to fix the config, and which one?

Rep: (1464)
Now it’s clear, well, about the configs and whether there is such a thing in virtualbox I’m not strong.

Posted on 12/10/2014, 14:08:

So on your computer it turns out that Windows is not installed, since you run the program in a virtual machine?

On the computer is WIn7-64bit.
There are simply several programs that start to conflict on one system (something with licenses).
Plus the ability to use different versions of these programs using virtual machines. Reinstalling on the main computer is very tedious and difficult.

I tried to install VMware Player.
Try to create a machine in VMware Workstation, Player can only play.
Attached Image

Player also creates cars. But see differently in comparison with Workstation.
But the priority of course run on Virtual Box.
Found a .vbox in Virtual Box.
Opened it with a notebook. It turned out, for the sake of trial, only to change the RAM allocated for the virtual machine. But where to enter the necessary lines did not understand. Perhaps the instruction I found for older versions of the virtual player.

* torleg here is a configuration example (.vmx) from a modern version of VMware
.encoding = "windows-1251"
config.version = "8"
virtualHW.version = "11"
numvcpus = "4"
cpuid.coresPerSocket = "4"
scsi0.present = "TRUE"
scsi0.virtualDev = "lsisas1068"
sata0.present = "TRUE"
memsize = "2048"
mem.hotadd = "TRUE"
scsi0: 0.present = "TRUE"
scsi0: 0.fileName = "Windows 10 Leak.vmdk"
sata0: 1.present = "TRUE"
sata0: 1.fileName = "E: \ SYSTEM \ JM1_CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5.iso"
sata0: 1.deviceType = "cdrom-image"
ethernet0.present = "TRUE"
ethernet0.startConnected = "TRUE"
ethernet0.connectionType = "bridged"
ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000e"
ethernet0.wakeOnPcktRcv = "FALSE"
ethernet0.addressType = "generated"
usb.present = "TRUE"
ehci.present = "TRUE"
ehci.pciSlotNumber = "34"
usb_xhci.present = "TRUE"
sound.present = "TRUE"
sound.virtualDev = "hdaudio"
sound.fileName = "-1"
sound.autodetect = "TRUE"
mks.enable3d = "TRUE"
pciBridge0.present = "TRUE"
pciBridge4.present = "TRUE"
pciBridge4.virtualDev = "pcieRootPort"
pciBridge4.functions = "8"
pciBridge5.present = "TRUE"
pciBridge5.virtualDev = "pcieRootPort"
pciBridge5.functions = "8"
pciBridge6.present = "TRUE"
pciBridge6.virtualDev = "pcieRootPort"
pciBridge6.functions = "8"
pciBridge7.present = "TRUE"
pciBridge7.virtualDev = "pcieRootPort"
pciBridge7.functions = "8"
vmci0.present = "TRUE"
hpet0.present = "TRUE"
usb.vbluetooth.startConnected = "TRUE"
touchscreen.vusb.present = "TRUE"
sensor.accelerometer = "pass-through"
sensor.ambientLight = "pass-through"
sensor.compass = "pass-through"
sensor.gyrometer = "pass-through"
sensor.inclinometer = "pass-through"
sensor.location = "pass-through"
sensor.orientation = "pass-through"
displayName = "Windows 10 Leak"
guestOS = "windows9-64"
nvram = "Windows 10 Leak.nvram"
virtualHW.productCompatibility = "hosted"
vhv.enable = "TRUE"
powerType.powerOff = "soft"
powerType.powerOn = "soft"
powerType.suspend = "soft"
powerType.reset = "soft"
extendedConfigFile = "Windows 10 Leak.vmxf"
gui.lastPoweredViewMode = "fullscreen"
uuid.bios = "56 4d e6 00 60 c4 a7 75-50 96 88 b5 b2 c5 3d 7c"
uuid.location = "56 4d e6 00 60 c4 a7 75-50 96 88 b5 b2 c5 3d 7c"
replay.supported = "FALSE"
replay.filename = ""
scsi0: 0.redo = ""
pciBridge0.pciSlotNumber = "17"
pciBridge4.pciSlotNumber = "21"
pciBridge5.pciSlotNumber = "22"
pciBridge6.pciSlotNumber = "23"
pciBridge7.pciSlotNumber = "24"
scsi0.pciSlotNumber = "160"
usb.pciSlotNumber = "32"
ethernet0.pciSlotNumber = "192"
sound.pciSlotNumber = "33"
usb_xhci.pciSlotNumber = "224"
vmci0.pciSlotNumber = "35"
sata0.pciSlotNumber = "36"
scsi0.sasWWID = "50 05 05 60 60 c4 a7 70"
ethernet0.generatedAddress = "00: 0C: 29: C5: 3D: 7C"
ethernet0.generatedAddressOffset = "0"
vmci0.id = "-1295696516"
vm.genid = "3654455577038558999"
vm.genidX = "7025608560825837991"
monitor.phys_bits_used = "42"
vmotion.checkpointFBSize = "33554432"
cleanShutdown = "TRUE"
softPowerOff = "TRUE"
sata0: 1.startConnected = "FALSE"
tools.syncTime = "FALSE"
unity.wasCapable = "FALSE"
tools.remindInstall = "FALSE"
toolsInstallManager.updateCounter = "3"
isolation.tools.hgfs.disable = "FALSE"
sharedFolder0.present = "TRUE"
sharedFolder0.enabled = "TRUE"
sharedFolder0.readAccess = "TRUE"
sharedFolder0.writeAccess = "TRUE"
sharedFolder0.hostPath = "E: \ TEMP"
sharedFolder0.guestName = "TEMP"
sharedFolder0.expiration = "never"
sharedFolder.maxNum = "1"
hgfs.mapRootShare = "TRUE"
mks.keyboardFilter = "allow"
workingDir = "."
floppy0.present = "FALSE"
migrate.hostlog = ". \ Windows 10 Leak-26954cc2.hlog"
vmotion.checkpointSVGAPrimarySize = "33554432"
usb_xhci: 4.present = "TRUE"
usb_xhci: 4.deviceType = "hid"
usb_xhci: 4.port = "4"
usb_xhci: 4.parent = "-1"
usb_xhci: 6.speed = "2"
usb_xhci: 6.present = "TRUE"
usb_xhci: 6.deviceType = "hub"
usb_xhci: 6.port = "6"
usb_xhci: 6.parent = "-1"
usb_xhci: 7.speed = "4"
usb_xhci: 7.present = "TRUE"
usb_xhci: 7.deviceType = "hub"
usb_xhci: 7.port = "7"
usb_xhci: 7.parent = "-1"
svga.guestBackedPrimaryAware = "TRUE"

Post has been editedShoore - 10.12.14, 15:49

* Shoore,
Dealt with VMware. The file did not have the extension signed. found looking through the properties of all files.
Here would find a solution for Virtual Box.

Rep: (1947)
* namok o95, to try - virtualbox for eyes ...
Well documented enough, there are ready-made guest machines. Something like this.

Rep: (-2)
Put the wines. hp on a virtual machine, everything is fine and there is no internet on it (how to steal it? can something with the settings? help

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 15/04/20, 8:41