ViewSonic V500 - Discussions | Smartphone, 5.5 "

Rep: (73)
DiscussionViewSonic V500
PictureViewSonic V500
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

miniFAQ

Specifications:
  • 5.5 inch IPS capacitive screen, FHD 1920 x 1080 pixels
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8926 1.2GHz Quad Core
  • GPU: Adreno 305
  • Android 4.4 OS, 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
  • Front camera 2 MP
  • Rear camera 13 MP F 2.5
  • Card Slot Micro SD
  • Max Storage Expansion 32GB
  • Dual SIM card dual standby, One Standard Card, One Micro SIM Card
  • Support 3G / GPS / Wifi / Bluetooth
  • Networking: 2G: GSM 900/1800 / 1900MHz
  • 3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900 / 2100MHz
  • 4G: TD-LTE 1880-1900 / 2320-2370 / 2575-2635, FDD-LTE 2300-2320 / 2555-2575MHz
  • Size: 157 * 9.8 * 77.2 mm
  • Weight: 172 g
  • Battery Capacity 2500mAh

Additional photos:
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Additional Information:
Recovery and ROOT
Firmware
Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the corresponding Requirements for candidates , he can apply in the topic I want to be curator (after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedAlexanderL - 22.02.17, 01:39
Reason for editing: Port with BLU Studio 6.0 LTE

Rep: (2)
Ali appeared it from a seller with a decent rating! Sending 7 days.

Rep: (0)
link to the studio

Rep: (91)
hongkong goldway? Discount kind of number 9.

Yes, this is it! Only in their presence as I understand this is not present while a smart ... But say it will be soon! :-)

In the chat I asked the seller? So if you sell, like should be in stock.Togda they had to write a presale supposedly predprodazha.A wondering how to change the price of the day after tomorrow.

Yes, I asked them about the presence - said not yet, but soon will be. Although the remains of nearly 88 pieces put ..

If $ 130 is then not interesting at all, (I mean the day after tomorrow, when the action is over) then it is better to report another 30 bucks and get something more decent eight-core, 64 bit.Tem more so the battery does not inspire hope ... On Tini on stock 119.99. The same day, he remained.

Post has been editedantibond8 - 08.06.15, 17:13

Rep: (3)
have doubtsOTG

Post has been editedpivorak - 08.06.15, 17:42

I agree with the price of 95 - 110 bucks, he still somehow interesting, and above - are unlikely to find a buyer!

Rep: (54)
Brief first impressions:
Packing super. More expensive than its price :-) plus additional. Cover included.
Build 5 - no squeaks, no backlash. excellent materials. But I'm afraid, pearl paint may peel off over time. Although this is the second embossed cover.
Size - shovel :-) after many other 5.5 "bolshevat (K910, Lg G3, Sh-01g sharp Although thanks to the rounded corners is easy..

The screen is excellent for its price. Crisp, juicy.The brightness is not very good. If you honestly.And when the hard slope to the left and right picture is a little lighter. But for this price ...
Camera. Similarly, not Sony. Images typical for this segment: the details enough color to the best realistic.But the camera is not fast, Noise in the dark, like most low-cost handsets. But do not interpolate with 5MP and it's good :-) let's say, on a par with S8 golden Warrior Lenovo. For this price the best and did not wait for the truth!
Frontalka - 2MP. Further, I think make sense to write something there.
SBS did not check the battery too (but just in 2500 have, by weight). Sound - will describe later.
Software - completely Russian 4.4.2. But! Art does not work (xs why). Tupit stock launcher (which I expected) and in general the phone in a quick measure. He likes to think. Here's your payment for FullHD. I will shaman night over it.
Photos, antuty, etc. - in the evening. Write what you are interested - will describe in detail.
While verikt is this - a good phone for the rules money to those who need and excellent diagonal screen. For the price to $ 140, I have not seen anything better in this nishe.Plyus assembly ofigenskaya, komplekt.i generally Mighty srednyachok, although slightly pensive.

Post has been editedsilentmeloud - 10.06.15, 18:49

* silentmeloud,
Let's phone photos and guts! Battery test would have - I wonder how it is, the real 2500? And what is the "Art does not work"? :-)

Rep: (6)
http://unite4buy.ru/item/ViewSonic-V500/here by 115, y kulikula;)

Everything will be after ten in Kiev, the work has not been canceled :-)))
Photos strip off at the same time. Insides - if you please, kerdyknut the first day I do not want :-))))
Battery stopudov real capacity. I already know how to weight them to distinguish from counterfeits.
Art - is the language of the environment. To 4.4 was used Dalvik. Art and otzyvchevee little faster, but why the brick phone.
In antutu measly 17 thousand. Gps fire. And the camera is better than I once wrote. Fast and focus like a good catch.
But the speed ... Change launcher did not help. I will try rutovat evening and frequency proca shaman. Because of the speed he nifiga not optimized. Or firmware may be unsuccessful. The reviews were not as icons and more bright it was! And nidrome there for almost another modification only (I have not a cent).

* silentmeloud,
What is he slow something ?! ;)

Rep: (1047)
M
The topic has been moved to subsection “Viewsonic �
Since your phone is not yet in the DevDB database, you cannot add it to the description and select it in the profile.
You need to fill out an application for adding a device to DevDB at this address:http: //savagemessiahzine.com/ devdb / phones / new /

Rep: (43)
LTE ....? The miracle happened?

Rep: (73)
savagemessiahzine.comholms @ 09.06.2015, 13:24*
LTE ....? The miracle happened?

In Ukraine there is no LTE, 3G just appeared.

Rep: (0)
Also I received the device until all the like. Among the few drawbacks: 1-OTG did not; 2-odd antenna design. Usually phones are included as components of plastic foil, then - it is metalized directly spraying on the body itself. There are doubts about their strength and durability of the contact with the board.

Brief introd: The unit is surveyed budget, costing less than $ 105. Therefore, the attitude will, as a budget models. For sense to compare it with my major to the SNEP 801 I do not see :-) Well, let's go

Overview!!!

Design, packaging and materials
Everything is fine! When I saw the box, once it became clear that not nouneym. This is not the type zhlobstvo TCL (sorry, someone hurt). And not a parody in the style of semi-basement brands. Embossed on paper, a pile of books, inserts, two covers. 1 normal charge voltage, high-quality cable. Actually - all as it should be.
Phone also not upset. I suspected that he was some sort of branded structure did. I think Yulong (aka kulpad), because it is very similar to F2. Podverdit but I can not. The first - the phone does not creak (maybe with time, we'll see). The lid is secured on a pile of grooves, so reliable. No crooked glued elements. Label certification of Chinese inside there (hello, podvalcheg!) Materials I also reminded Kulpad F1 (white version). The back cover is like a pearl. I, honestly, do not really like this cover. On other phones I know that it is eventually cleared. But in this case the Chinese put another cover. Under the skin, with a silver embossed logo. It looks beautiful and expensive. Especially for such tseny.Iz colors I would choose black. More wear resistant it (I have white).
Of course, there is no metal in the phone (about the inside frame not know display under strong pressure let stains).
The front panel is completely black when turned off (not like the gray display, so I is important). Button just below the fingers. Sound - on the left side. on the right lock. Everything is logical.

Screen
Many wondered, could the stuff to your phone with the price rules screen. YES! The screen is excellent. AHC-tion. No grain, excellent image refresh rate, interlace not. ! Cheapness screens in some 5.5 "devaysakh type TCL S720 and does not smell Picture juicy, excellent contrast Brightness day I wrote that she is currently -.. Took another hasty Soup -. Xiaomi Redmi Note on MTC 92nd. the same pattern And Lenovo K910 brightness even less Yes, it's not a top brightness (some Lenovo she just obezbashennym !!!), but it is enough with his head on the screen minuses -.!. a slight brightening of the screen by tilting left and right is. I saw, for example, Lenovo S8 (S898t +). But I do not see anything critical even after the screens eminent smarts. flare on Contours in the matrix is ​​not. That is, the backlight is even and high quality.
In the settings you can choose the color settings - standard, bright (on the latest firmware). The screen itself is more colorful than, for example, in Redbula where restrained colors.

CPU + video + RAM + memory
I was a lot of doubt, if the chip is normal to pull such a screen can. When first launched smart - a bit sad. The device was a brake. Podvisal launcher, smooth and did not smell. Unfortunately, Nova, and other Google Start the situation did not change. But, with all this - the machine normally ran eighth asphalt birds generally fly transformers. Online video too steep for just two. That is, it was clear that the case in the firmware of the curve. The reviews in the internet version beg were newer. I found one in Chinese only, on nidrome. But in describing the reason to write, type, for other proca. Risked. Alter update through staffing rekaveri (RUTOVAT I did and could not :-( I HOPE TO BE SOLVED WITH TIME). And really after flash Sonic became more bright. Launcher stock not really lag, although Nova reason podtuplivaet. In any case, an order of magnitude better firmware than the one with which the assembly came from the number 272. Before this was a 270. So, if you come to the phone without a launcher menu button in the form Vyusonikovskih birds -. alter.
In fairness, I must say that some of the people who saw and klatsat device called him fast. So maybe I was a bit subjective. Although fans of smart missiles definitely not recommend it. The same sine V5, G3s, Redrays 1s - faster. Phone more business-option on kazhdС–y day than for toys. It is unlikely that a serious start on a good setup.
In antutu showed 17 thousand. Although confused with the synthetics. Redbul at 17 thousand years!
1.2 giga RAM available. In the old version of the firmware has been less.
Memory for applications - 12 kopecks. The memory is not divided.
memory cards tested up to 32GB. Larger volume no. Everything worked.
OTG no. In the old firmware item it was. After the upgrade is missing (in order not to give feykovye hope :-))))

Camera
Front decorated. 2 megapixel. The quality is so-so. After a 5-rock, even in relatively inexpensive Lenovo - generally bad. I rarely use it, but the fans will sadly selfie :-) For Skype goes.
Rear - 13,1Mp. Producer and did not find. But subjectively, it seems that it is still not Sony. The camera is quite decent. In normal light images clear and focuses quickly. But differences of light and wide dynamic range - it's not about her. In bright sunshine - merges into a single color. With a lack of light - the noise. Again - these modules I've seen Lenovo S898t +. But there he is also inhibited. Here, even when the average light focuses quickly. By the way, there is no camera on the glass oleophobic coating. Therefore, before shooting his best to wipe, otherwise there will be field or soap. The flash is rather weak - except at close range, or as a flashlight amiss. And the question that interested many Redbul fotkaet better. A Kulpad F1 and even more so. Same story with the Lenovo K910.
Video shoots in FullHD. Autofocus is, but not very good. fast. Manually-configured.
Optical image stabilization, of course not in the photo or video is not present :-) Cant okgkim with white noise when recording is at all - seen nasiroen wrong microphone. Therefore - you need to consider when choosing.

GPS + network + wi-fi
Rocket. The car caught 6 satellites and got caught. In general, he wrote that he saw 21. It is without additional settings and A-GPS. Glonass is.
The network holds up well. Like other Soup 400 kvallke. Wasting battery is not eating. Per night in the standby mode with disabled vayfay ate only 1 or 2%. 3d work. About 900 frequency 3G will not say anything - we do not. LTE could not protest.
Wi-fi srednyachek. Not Motors, which beat through the walls 100,500. But it does not disappear as some state employees, such as Lenovo s660.
Supports two SIM cards - Normal + micro. You can call any. 3G only on the first.

Sound
External speaker - mediocre squeaker. I did not like. Elementary - Intermediate. Volume in the butt. Tweak will not work. Quality is just normal. Compare with expensive not work. All the same, it is worse. But otkovenno bad I will not mention.
The headphones. Amp, there apparently. Integrated only. But it sounds good even with the norms of headphones. Volume more meee enough (on the 32-40 th may be enough). I only fitting with 119Db sensitivity :-) Sounds better sine Redbull. It looks like Samsung s3 neo. There's the same chip. The microphone is quite good, there is a sort of squelch (if it is on the side of the phone :-)))))

Battery
2500 mAh battery. Real capacity. By weight can be seen. Keeps mediocre in this gland. YouTube at max brightness vayfay, 720p video - 3 hr. Asphalt 15 minutes, 10 minutes birds-Transformers. A couple of calls, SMS. (Total 3 hours 35 minutes screen) - and Bobik zdoh. It is clear that at a lower brightness will be better. UPDATE: Paulsen dvuhhdnevnyh test was 4 and a half hours of screen with an Internet and games on the average brightness. Screen - the main energy-guzzlers. 58% ate. In sine Redbula was 6 and a half hours on the average brightness. In the opinion of some members of the forum, on Minimal fashionable and squeeze more value, but I use the device with a minimum of uncomfortable.

Optional: the sensor is not a lot. Approximation Auto-Brightness (all acceptable, although sometimes may be delayed). Sensor missing there. No compass. Vibro good. Nokii not old, but at the level of modern devices.

Verdict - a great phone for the price. It is not without disadvantages, such as the average Bater and external speaker. But with lots of advantages - Russian right there and normal! Excellent build, screen, RAM, internal memory, dual SIM. I recommend to take it as a smart on every day. Unless, of course, do not chase the top iron. And light is not annoying slowness. If you just need a more or less normal percent, good screen, plenty of memory and GPS super. For the price, I see no analogues.

About different colors. Yesterday was also on hand in black. Black actually more practical. The seams on the leather cover is not zatrutsya, pearl paint will not peel off (if no cover). Assembling identical (it was in my memory, when black and white Lenovo different quality). Once again convinced, in terms of price and quality he had no competitors. And looks good in both colors!

Post has been editedsilentmeloud - 26.08.15, 13:14
Reason for editing: Add-ons

Rep: (43)
silentmeloud @ 10.06.2015, 00:23*
The car caught 6 satellites and caught
And the rest on the GLONASS? (Opt for a device for safe navigation in the car)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 29/02/20, 15:38