> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

BlackBerry Leap | Blackberry leap

Rep: (67)
DiscussionBlackberry leap
Attached ImageSmartphone, 5 "
Description | BlackBerry OS FAQ | Discussion пїЅ | Newbie Questions пїЅ | BBM Groupsavagemessiahzine.com пїЅ | Blackberry Club пїЅ | Games recommended by our colleagues | Official website of the manufacturer | Reset IT policies in Blackberry smartphones пїЅ | Blackberry accessories пїЅ | Tracking new firmware BB (all models) пїЅ | Blackberry firmware пїЅ

Specifications
Processor: Qualcomm MSM 8960 1.5 GHz

RAM: 2 GB
Flash memory: 16 GB, expandable with microSD card up to 128 GB, hot swappable

Charging and connecting with other devices: via microUSB port

Screen: 5 ", 1280x720 (aspect ratio 16: 9), 294 dpi, color depth 24 bits

Battery: 2800 mAh Li-Ion non-removable

Main camera: 8 megapixel, autofocus, flash, video image stabilization system, 5x digital zoom, 1080p video recording at 30 frames / sec
Front camera: 2 megapixel, fixed focus, 3x digital zoom, 720p video recording

Networking support for North America:
FD-LTE: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 13, 17 (2100/1900 / AWS / 850/2600/700 MHz)
HSPA + 1, 2, 4, 5/6 (2100/1900 / AWS / 850 MHz)
GSM / GPRS / EDGE 2, 3, 5, 8 (1900.1800.850.900 MHz)

Network support for Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia:
FD-LTE: 1, 3, 7, 8, 20 (2100/1800/2600/900/800 MHz)
HSPA + 1, 2, 5/6, 8 (2100/1900/850/900 MHz)
GSM / GPRS / EDGE 2, 3, 5, 8 (1900.1800.850.900 MHz)

Wi-Fi: 802.11 b / g / n 2.4 GHz

Bluetooth: 4.0 Low Energy (LE) and EDR

Sensors: accelerometer, proximity and lighting sensors

Dimensions: height 144 mm / 5.67 inches, width 72.8 mm / 2.87 inches, thickness 9.5 mm / 0.37 inches.

Weight: 170 g / 6.0 oz

Other distinctive features: GPS, use as an access point, dual microphone to reduce noise, a built-in loudspeaker for hands-free conversation, video output via Wi-Fi display / Miracast, FM radio with a headset as an antenna.
All specifications look on the official page on the BlackBerry website -http: //us.blackberry.c...p/specifications.html

Device images
Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedroninz - 03.08.15, 19:41

Okay, I'll start writing, since I took it upon myself to open this topic)

For myself, I highlight the following (comparing with the z10, which I have):

- a larger screen, so that with one hand you no longer steer. z10 is perfect in this respect - everything can be done with one hand. there is still no spade, but rather wide and long.
- A larger battery capacity, so, theoretically, and practically (according to the recall of the current owner), this means longer battery life.
- non-removable battery, which is not good: in my memory with z10 there were moments when everything could be solved only by removing the battery.
- there is no microHDMI, which would be convenient when viewing photos (for z10 you need the usual microHDMI-HDMI lanyard). There is, sort of, Miracast, but, as I understand it, you need to buy a special cord, which, moreover, will be more expensive than the usual HDMI.
- the speaker is already behind, which is not very convenient, because its easier to lay things in the bag than the end on the z10, and on the surface of, say, the table, it will also be drowned out - unlike the z10.

And so, of course, the model is nothing like that. Nothing outstanding, but the BB (except, perhaps, the "passport") is not bought for it ...

Post has been editedroninz - 16.05.15, 00:11

Rep: (36)
In short, the soul could not stand it, I ordered it. Tomorrow must bring. I will use it as a second phone.
Initially, of course I thought about a passport. But the concept of QWERTY with an incomplete keyboard for the Russian alphabet prevailed over skepticism. Z10 is a dead battery, Z3 is a ytn LTE, Z30 is a model of past years. Leap remains.
Tomorrow I will unsubscribe as what. Moscow.

Post has been editedSerus - 14.05.15, 18:02

How much and where ordered? What is the modification?

And in general, how many of them are modifications? Like the z10?

Is there a notification indicator?

Post has been editedroninz - 15.05.15, 14:24

I tell you, they brought the phone today.
Modification STR 100, version for Hong Kong. The set itself is smart, cheap headphones, a pair of thin booklets and not at all European charging. Which is actually not surprising because of the Asian version. Took over 17600, the name of the store wrote to you in reputation so that they would not take me for an advertiser)
Smart is big enough. The plastic of the back cover is rubberized to the touch like in a z10. In the hand is comfortable.
The display is contrast, pixelation is not noticeable.
The notification indicator (flashing diode) is, but has not blinked yet.
4G with Megaphone works.
Essentially, they cannot say anything more so far. I will try to answer the questions.

Post has been editedSerus - 15.05.15, 17:25

While it is pleasant. There is definitely something in this operating system. After the android as a breath of fresh air. The external speaker plays loud and fairly clean. Liked the display even more. There is a suspicion that the reception quality is better than that of my main Sony z1 compact.

Rep: (9)
Moved to Leap with its predecessor Z3.
1. Housing.
Tactile from Z3 is no different. Just like the eldest (by age) brother is well assembled, stitched tightly, no squeaks and gaps to you. The difference in weight (164 for Z3 versus 170 for Lipa) is not felt, 6 grams is not the weight for human hands. We'll have to re-privykat to the power button on top of Lipa, unlike on the side of the Z3. Speaking microphone on Lipa moved to another place.
2. Screen.
With the stated parameters for Z3 (960x540) and for Lipa (1280x720), there is a difference and visual: the Lipa screen does not stand out from the frame at all, it is deep black, the pixel density is higher than that of Z3.
3. The stone.
The difference of 300 kilohertz (1200 Z3 against 1500 Lipa) is unlikely anyone will feel. No one in the smartphone uses high-capacity applications that are demanding of computing power.
4. Internet.
Definitely Lip ahead thanks to the support of LTE. I enjoyed the “flying” browser on the Z3, and now everything is not just flying, but a super-hyper-duper is flying!
5. Photo.
Again Lip ahead. 8 megapixels significantly differ from 5 in Z3.

Rep: (3)
And you could not show examples of photos?

Rep: (0)
Short report for the week.
1. Photo. Wife z30. Compare cameras. For some reason, it removes limes, the noise is much more. Although both smarts have 8 mp. A zetka wife is quite happy (given her fastidiousness in terms of photo quality).
2. Battery pleases. 2 days quietly to 25% just went down. I do not play games, but I watch videos on the subway for 1.5 hours ...
3. The back surface (leap is more from the word sticky ..)) allows you to work quietly quite tolerably with one hand: the smart does not slip and therefore it can be moved in the palm of your hand.
4. The top lock button is not ice ... it feels bad.

z30. Compare cameras. For some reason, it removes limes, the noise is much more.

This is unlikely, as for the Lip gland - the same Z30, only in a cheaper case. And they have the same sensor too. Dig in the settings.

So the fact of the matter is that they expected the same pictures. The settings, of course, were compared ... all the same .. ((Again, the color rendition also differs ... And the wife wanted to wait for white, but now we will think ...

compared, putting the phones to each other? Or dumped on a computer and compared on a large monitor?

Yes, they compared them by putting each other ... the resolution of both and the size of the display are the same ... it is logical to assume that ... but since you wrote about it, it may be worth checking ... in the evening we will try again .. thanks for a tip ...))

Rep: (4)
I bought myself a device after z10. I am happy and happy as an elephant. Who has questions - I will answer whenever possible.

Can you compare screens on z10 and sticky from different angles when viewing the same image? There is a difference?

Rep: (4)
Roninz @ 05/22/2015, 20:22*
Can you compare screens on z10 and sticky from different angles when viewing the same image? There is a difference?

Compared.
The linden screen is brighter with the same settings.
Viewing angles are about the same.

@DeStoker - can I ask you to take a picture of these same "views" on a camera? It would be more clear and convincing :) I would be grateful ... a plus sign)

Hello, happy owners of Leap and Z30, help determine the choice between them.
It is interesting to compare such parameters.
1) Communication.
- network stability.
-Power signal.
- Speech quality.
-the volume of speech.
- the quality of the speakerphone.
2) Performance as a business smartphone (speed, opportunity, quality).
-Work with mail.
-Working with office documents.
-Work with various other formats.
-work with archives.
-work as a flash drive.
3) photo video shooting.
- Focusing speed.
-Have HDR.
-video quality.
-quality with not enough lighting. (important, because sometimes you have to take a picture in the shops and various premises).
-video in dim light.
4) Battery life.
So in general, Leap likes design, but doubts are gnawing about using an outdated processor and video chip.
According to the characteristics of the Z30, the phone itself is quite embarrassing complaints about the slowness of working with firmware 10.3.

And I’ve been driving with Lip for almost 2 weeks almost as a primary phone. Probably many users of the platform will not be particularly interesting, but still.
Music and player - great. The maximum volume is excessive. There are not many settings, but the main thing is. I liked the work with lists: everything is simple and logical. External speaker is loud.
The camera is average. Some kind of strange color rendering. Maybe just got used to other matrices. But on a sunny day, you can take a good picture.
With synchronization with Google (I have all the contacts there, calendar notes) there are no problems. Everything is synchronized on all devices, so that you can use the android device in parallel.
Holds a charge on average a day and a half with not very active use.
As for the body - the main drawback in weight. The subject is still heavy.
Not yet found the function of sending documents to print (printer). Apparently the axis is not provided, although it is strange.

Rep: (213)
According to OTA, 10.3.2.680 (excellent prose) is fired, plus there is already a leak
BlackBerry Z30 Firmware (Post Wedel # 40577375)
Let me remind you that for devices Z30-Classic-Leap firmware ONE and SAME :)

Rep: (213)
Friend, I will specifically repeat on the update on OTA.
How is the update on the OTA BlackBerry
Dear friends!

Create this topic I was inspired with daily recurring questions about why the OTA update does not come to the phone, or why the phone does not see the last official update when manually checking.

In the BlackBerry 10 FAQ there is an answer to this question, but, as practice has shown, this answer is either not read, or it is not completely clear to everyone ... I will try to explain in more detail.

So, let's begin :)

1. BBRY, as by the way, and the majority of manufacturers of smartphones, distributes new software only after coordination (testing and upgrade) with operators that officially support / sell BlackBerry 10 smartphones.

2. BlackBerry 10 smartphones are available to work with certain operators, or in certain regions (for a group of operators in a particular region).

What follows from this?

And the following follows. The update will be available for a specific device when an operator (or a group of operators) has uploaded a new firmware:

1. your smartphone has been released under this operator, regardless of which SIM card of which operator is installed at the time of the update;

2. your smartphone has not been released under this operator, but the smartphone has a SIM card of this operator;

2.1. Your smartphone was not released under this operator, a smartphone has a SIM card installed for the operator under which the update was not issued, BUT you are roaming in the network of the operator for which the update is available.

Summarizing for users on the territory of the Russian Federation:

Regardless of which SIM card of which Russian operator is installed at the moment in the smartphone, the update will be available to it ONLY if the operator (or group of operators) for which this device was released zaapruvil this update!

I really hope that now I have explained in the most detailed and understandable way why some of the users receive the OTA software update earlier, someone later, and someone just cannot wait for it :)

As an addition, I’ll cover a bit the topic of receiving OTA updates via regional and carrier phone numbers.

For non-operator phones "SIM free", or "Never locked":

- UK QWERTY - the update will be available on the phone when available in the UK region;

- EU QWERTY - the update will be available on the phone when available for European operators who use QWERTY;

- EU AZERTY - the update will be available on the phone when available for European operators who use AZERTY;

- EU QWERTZ - the update will be available on the phone when available for European operators who use QWERTZ;

- and so on, depending on the regional affiliation.

For unlocked carrier phones "Unlocked":

- the update will be available when it becomes available for the operator, under which the device was locked;

- the update will also be available if a SIM card is installed in the phone for which the update is already available.

Taken from BlackBerrys.ru

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.21.19, 23:10