> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Lenovo A5000 - Firmware
Best firmware
The best version of Android
Pie 9.x.x AOSP Based [ 25 ] ** [11,79%]
Pie 9.x.x LineageOS Based [ 18 ] ** [8,49%]
Oreo 8.x.x AOSP Based [ 4 ] ** [1,89%]
Oreo 8.x.x LineageOS Based [ 4 ] ** [1,89%]
Nougat 7.x.x AOSP Based [ 11 ] ** [5,19%]
Nougat 7.x.x LineageOS Based [ 13 ] ** [6,13%]
Marshmellow 6.x.x AOSP Based [ 2 ] ** [0,94%]
Marshmellow 6.x.x LineageOS Based [ 1 ] ** [0,47%]
Difficult to answer [ 134 ] ** [63,21%]
Best firmware on 6.x.x
LineageOS 13 (LOS) [ 36 ] ** [16,98%]
RuserrectionRemix OS (RR) 5.x.x [ 20 ] ** [9,43%]
Temasek 13 [ 2 ] ** [0,94%]
I did not flash it from 6.xxx on this smartphone [ 152 ] ** [71,7%]
Best firmware on 7.xx
AospExtended 4.6 (AEX) [ 23 ] ** [10,85%]
LineageOS 14.1 (LOS) [ 34 ] ** [16,04%]
LegenRom 19 (LR) [ 4 ] ** [1,89%]
ResurrectionRemix OS 5.8.5 (RR) [ 13 ] ** [6,13%]
ViperOS 3.1.1 [ 2 ] ** [0,94%]
I did not flash it from 7.xx.nothing on this smartphone [ 134 ] ** [63,21%]
The most stable modem
2018 Mix Communication Module MIUI P28 [ 25 ] ** [11,79%]
2018 Communications Module P28 [ 9 ] ** [4,25%]
2018 Communications Module P7 [ 2 ] ** [0,94%]
2018 Communications Module P6 [ 2 ] ** [0,94%]
2018 Communications Module P5 [ 1 ] ** [0,47%]
2018 Communications Module P4 [ 2 ] ** [0,94%]
2018 P3 Communications Module [ 0 ] ** [0%]
P5 Communication Module 2016 [ 2 ] ** [0,94%]
Stock communication module updated [ 7 ] ** [3,3%]
2018 communication module [ 7 ] ** [3,3%]
Did not flash modems at all on this smartphone [ 155 ] ** [73,11%]
Total votes: 212

Rep: (929)
Lenovo A5000 - Firmware
PictureLenovo A5000, LA5, A5K, adder

Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Lenovo A5000 Owners Club пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ

Important information!
Recommendations for the design of messages about firmware and updates
FAQ about firmware versions.
How to choose custom firmware, and which one is better?
In order to enter the engineering menu, you need to enter in the application "Phone" number * # * # 3646633 # * # *

Drivers and Utilities
Firmware
Official firmware
Custom firmware
Kernel 3.4.67 -set only after a rollback
Android 4.4.X
Android 5.1.1
Android 6.0.1
AOSP Based
SlimROM 6.0.1

CyanogenMod Based
Resurrection Remix 5.7.0
AICP

Core 3.10.54 - set only on 5.0
Kernel 3.10.x - set only after a rollback
Android 5.xx
CyanogenMod Based
CyanogenMod 12.1

Android 6.xx
Android 7.x

Instructions
Installing TeamWin Recovery on this smartphone
Backup all device data (imei, Mac-Address, Serial number of the device, etc.)
A working way to restore dev / nvram (IMEI)- helps in all cases.
Memory remapping instruction
The method of treatment of bricks after the wrong firmware through the Flash Tool
Creating and flashing full backup via flashlight
Nvram warning solution: 0x10
Instructions on firmware via Flash Tool on 5.x.x Android and vice versa to 4.4.x Android
Before flashing, charge the phone at least 80%, this will help to avoid unnecessary problems in the event of overpatching.
Installation via the SP Flash Tool:
1. Make a backup of all data;
2. Be sure to backup the dev / nvram section;
3. Install the driver according to the instructions above;
4. Download the firmware and SP Flash Tool and unzip to the root of any disk (folder names should not contain any characters other than Latin);
5. Open the SP Flash Tool, press Ctrl + O and go to the Download item and check the box next to DA DL All with Checksum. Close options window;
Further, all actions occur exclusively on the "Download" tab of the main program window.
6. In the Download-Agent field, select MTK_AllInOne_DA (if not selected);
7. In the Scatter-loading File field, select the file MT6582_Android_scatter.txt, which lies in the folder with the firmware and wait for the amount check to be checked;
8. In the drop-down menu, which is immediately below the Scatter-loading File, selectDownload Only , do not confuse here otherwise you risk getting a brick;
9 . Turn off the phone, at will, you can remove the SIM card and memory card;
10. Push the buttonDownload. Do not confuse, the button is in the same window, at the top, withgreenarrow down.
11. Connect the cable to the computer, and connect the phone to the cable and wait.
12. After the download is complete, a window with a large tick will appear.
13. Now turn off the phone and press the power button. The first download (depending on the firmware) lasts from 3 to 10 minutes.
14. After the initial configuration, but before installing all the applications, we check our region. In the dialer dial #### 682 # and see what is written in the window Current code. If it says CH, then choose your own, click OK and wait for the phone to make a wipe / system and / data. Then we re-adjust and use it for health.
Instructions for installing the firmware on the kernel 3.10.x
1. Download the firmware S030.
2. Flash through Flash Tool, smartphone firmware S030 that you downloaded earlier.
3. After flashing, turn on the body, attention from the first time may not turn on, vibrates and everything, wait 5-7 seconds and turn on again
4. We are waiting for the launch of the system, until the moment when the choice of language appears, and we pass to the desktop.
5. Turn off the smartphone, and enter TWRP by pressing the "-", "+" buttons and the power button (simultaneously)
6. Next from TWRP (3.2.3-0 is better, select Wipe - Advanced wipe. In the window that opens, check: Davlink cache, System, Cache, Data, Interal_Storage.
7. Next, move the Swipe to Wipe slider.
8. Then go to the main window and select Reboot.>Recovery will say there is no OS, move the Swipe to Reboot slider
9. Next, in the TWRP, select the Install item.
10. Select an external USB flash drive using the Select Storage menu.
11. Find our firmware in .zip format and flash it.
12. At the end of the installation, we restart the smartphone.

Instructions for obtaining root rights

Recovery / Root / Custom Kernels / Sources
Modems
Patches / Add-ons
Useful
Survey Screenshots

The stability of the firmware 11/11/2018
Attached Image

Poll is the best version of Android OC
Attached Image

Survey on firmware-03/24/2018
Attached Image

What is your core? 27.02.2018
Attached Image
Survey on the hardware of the firmware 06/30/2018
Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editeddestroyer71 - 01.09.20, 11:55
Reason for editing: Editing

Rep: (19)
And so, the Vroot really works. In order not to search the entire forum how to get a root for this device, here is a small instruction:

1. Download the attached archive;
2. Connect the phone to the computer and select CD-ROM in the connection method menu;
3. Install LenovoUsbDriver_autorun_1.0.12.exe;
4. Switch the phone to drive mode and enable USB debugging (in the same menu at the very bottom);
5. Run and install VRoot + v.1.8.2.13135.exe, wait for the device database update until the button appearsRoot. Click onRootand wait for the phone to reboot;

Congratulations, you now have a rooted phone!

Since the Vroot program itself is installed only in Chinese, you can install the Russian version (hereafter, when requesting a root, the right button means "Provide Root"):

1. Drop the file Superuser.apk (in the archive) on the phone;
2. Using the file manager, go to / System / app and delete Superuser.apk;
3. Install the downloaded file and reboot the device and use the Russified version of the root.

In the VRoot theme, it was also mentioned that you need to put RW rights on the Superuser.apk file that is in / System / app, but everything worked without dances with a tambourine and rights.

P.S. Installed with Win8.1 x64. Some say that the seven is not installed, so far I can not confirm or deny.

Attached files

Attached fileVroot.rar(17.7 MB)

Post has been editedArthu112 - 01.05.15, 16:19

Installing custom recovery (TWRP 2.8):

0. We get the root if it does not already exist;
1. Downloading the archive and dumping files on the phone. The TWRP.img file should be in the root of the internal memory;
2. Install Mobileuncle MTK Tools;
3. Open the Mobileuncle MTK Tools and look for the item "Update Recovery";
4. Select the file TWRP.img;
5. Click "OK";
6. After that, you can either reboot or return to normal operation.

Note: In order to enter the recovery, you need to select "Into Recovery Mode" in Mobileuncle MTK Tools. In another way so far.

P.S. Through this recoveryEXTREMELY NOT RECOMMENDED do wipes (you can wind up the entire partition table). It is also impossible to mount part of the sections through it.

Attached files

Attached fileTWRP_2.8_Lenovo_A5000.rar(9.52 MB)

Post has been editedArthu112 - 01.05.15, 22:13

I continue to mock the phone. So,In no case do not do wipe through TWRP , as it will definitely spoil the partition table and the bootloader will not continue loading. Yesterday I killed 4 hours for the restoration of a brick, I restored it, that's just all the information, imei, serial number, etc.) for some reason did not recover. So it's better not to play with it yet.

Rep: (1845)
Arthu112 @ 05/02/2015, 16:43*
And at the expense of MTK Droid Tools is just a flash driver, and so far there is nothing special to sew.

You probably do not quite understand what to write about.
I made a recovery in MTK Droid Tools CWM and a patched boot from rootshell, checked - everything works.

Ruth is quietly put through CWM.

Attached files

Attached fileA5000.rar(11.77 MB)

Post has been editedfrost_ua - 02.05.15, 19:23

Rep: (1845)
Cleaned 025 firmware.

Root.
Patched boot with full rootshell.
CWM recovery.
Apex Launcher.
Removed all lenovo software (except power supply), all pre-installed junk and other junk from Google.
The main gapps were updated, the system is now 700 MB free.
Added hosts.
Install 5 flashlight via Download (included).

What you need to finish (maybe someone finished, I give the body tomorrow):
Remove this item and remove the update item from the settings.
Correct the Wallpaper option in the settings (does not work without the Lenovo launcher) - install wallpaper from the desktop. Wallpaper lock screen work without problems.
Add to the settings the entrance to the engineering menu and make an advanced reboot menu.
And for one, and change the SMS icon (you can replace it in the launcher itself).

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

DOWNLOAD

Post has been editedGonza555 - 04.05.15, 15:30
Reason for editing: In the header

Ioj @ 05.13.2015, 20:50*
By the way. And how updates get to the lightweight with the root? Has anyone tried? Or is it better not to risk?

I do not get up, I tried. Although I do not exclude that I tried it badly.

it is worth the usual stock firmware, writes Flash failure failed to install the update package

Perhaps crookedly downloaded archive with the update. It should lie somewhere on the internal memory of the device, just delete it and reboot it using the update window.

Is the 028 put in the air or not, specifically on wi-fi?

On the stock firmware - yes, on the light version - no.

UPD. Foundsources on our phone.

Post has been editedArthu112 - 14.05.15, 12:47

TWRP Recovery 2.8.1 by VVizard

Installation Instructions
How to get into the recovery:

1) Turn off the phone.
2) Press the volume buttons + and -
3) Holding the volume buttons, press the power button and wait until the Lenovo logo appears. After the label appears, you can release the on button.
4) When the Recovery screensaver appears, you can release the volume buttons.
For myself, I chose a way: I hold the power button, only the volume buttons come to life right away.

After installing the recovery and disconnecting the cable from the phone. You must immediately go to the recovery. Maybe it will not work the first time. For example, with the 3rd pressing of all buttons, I went down and held for 5-10 seconds.
At the same time get Root
Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
Throw in any memory.
Reboot to Twrp, click install, choose which memory is needed.
Find our file. And install.
Reboot into the system.

Advanced recovery installation options:
Download SP Flash Tooland unpack the folder that does not contain spacers and especially Russian letters, turn off the phone, unpack the archive from the recovery to the folder, also not containing spaces and especially Russian letters, run (in Windows 7/8 - "Run on behalf of the administrator" ) SP Flash Tool, check the "DA DA DL All WITH CHECK SUM" along the Options-option-download path, in the Scatter-Loading File menu, select Scatter-Loading, go to the folder with a unpacked archive, select the MT6582_Android_scatter_emmc file, after downloading on the Recovery paragraph You will stand a daw, click the Download button, agree that not all sections will be shifted and then connect the phone to the cable connected to the connector on the motherboard (rear). Runs run and yellow circle will appear - everything, the recovery was set!

ATTENTION! When flashing, the DA DL ALL With Check Check checkbox MUST be checked, otherwise after the firmware you can get a "brick".

Download TWRP 2.8.1

Thanks for the recovery VVizard.

Post has been editedArthu112 - 15.05.15, 12:17

Lenovo A5000 - MIUIv6 4.4.2 by VVizard

Language: ru. cn. eng
Composition: Archive for installation in recovery

Size: 430 mb

Download Lenovo_A5K_Mi_5.8.8_by_VVizard
Source link

Post has been editedUksus17 - 20.05.15, 12:13

Rep: (36)
* Arthu112, On the website miui.su it is written that the recovery should be version 2.8.4.0, and we have only 2.8.1 - can this affect something?

Post has been editedAlfie - 15.05.15, 19:00

Rep: (3)
Arthu112 @ 05/15/2015, 14:05*

Is the brick or just not loading on the bootloader screen?

Everything is good already)) however there is one problem, there is no update.
Attached Image

Post has been editedMannur - 17.05.15, 21:44
Reason for editing: Rules of the section "Android - Firmware" p 3.8

Lenovo A5000 - Color OS 4.4.2 by VVizard

A little bit about the firmware:
Left button hold button - Application Manager. The most colorful firmware on Android. Most like animated weather. There is no connection mode to a computer via USB only MTP.

Installation
- Throw the firmware on the memory card
- Reload the device in TWRP
- Run Factory reset
- Install archive

Entrance to the Engineering menu: * # 800 #
Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

DOWNLOAD

thankVVizardfor the firmware.
Source link

Post has been editedUksus17 - 20.05.15, 12:34

Rep: (45)
Voanerges @ 05/16/2015, 11:30 PM*
I think that for this model ...

What did dear sir mean? Or is sir just delirious? Although, it seems to me, Sir just had the first phone on the android, and tovarisch began to push the truisms here. Thank you kep!

Now, briefly on the latest firmware.

1. Light. The most normal firmware. Nothing extra. Everything works as it should. The jambs crawl out of the curvature of Chinese romodels - vague work with 2 sim cards. As already said, even at the cheapest Lenovo, all this is realized much more clearly. And you can set the color, etc. Why in a more expensive model such a slag - we can only guess. If this does not scare, then again - the most normal firmware.

2. MIUI. It creates the feeling that the Chinese language is the most reliable protection against illegal copying. After Android 2.3 there was not a single normal MIUI port to another phone. Be sure to pop up here, then there. The best confirmation of this is the mountain of "corrections" to each, freshly baked, port. On the firmware on the A5000, the curve surfaces (the widgets are displayed karaine crookedly), plus the geopositioning curve - Personally, my network location see only the application from Yandex. The rest fall into a stupor. In general, an amateur. Beautiful, interesting, but kosyko. Plus Chinese logic.

3. ColorOS. The same eggs as MIUI are just in profile. The strange logic of working with desktops, constantly falling off geolocation.

Explanation of "Chinese logic". I do not need, that in the firmware it would be sewn in and DroidWall, and antivirus, and even feature of the bald.I personally I prefer to solve my problems on my own, and I really don’t like it when they start to solve for me with some sort of methods that I cannot refuse.

In general, I personally am waiting for Cyan. I continue to hope that a normal firmware will appear on our pipe. The rest, except Light, only for moral satisfaction. To live with them, personally I did not succeed. And this I have not looked at the battery.

Thank you all for your attention. : thank_you:

Rep: (36)
In general, I personally am waiting for Cyan.

http: //lenovo-forums.r...dark-l-rom-custom-rom/

Post has been editedAlfie - 17.05.15, 21:37

Lenovo A5000 - Slim Dark L ROM by VVizard

Firmware info:

Language: multilang
Composition:The firmware image for installation from the phone.

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

DOWNLOAD

thankVVizardfor the firmware.
Source link

Post has been editedUksus17 - 20.05.15, 12:34
Reason for editing: Raised to cap

A brief description of the differences between the firmware Lenovo A5000 - Slim Dark L ROM from those that were presented here before:

Pros:
- full styling for Android 5;
- set Nova launcher as the default launcher;
- A bunch of customization options for the appearance: battery, menu items, fonts, video wallpapers, notification animations, a traffic monitor in the status bar, etc .;
- ad blocker;
- Startup management directly from the settings menu;
- menu item "Schedule power on / off";
- removed all software preinstalled in the stock firmware;
- New sounds and ringtones;
- extended menu unlock the phone, now right from the lock screen, you can go to the dialer, sms, camera and unlock the phone;
- ViperBOX - equalizer for external speaker and headphone;
- several useful widgets.

Minuses:
- the power consumption menu has disappeared; in this firmware, you can forget about the emergency mode, turning on the energy saving function, etc .;
- the Google quick search string (the one that is usually on top of the desktop) stopped working, is not critical, but sometimes it is useful. In order to return it, you must install the Google application from the Play Market;
- as a continuation of the previous paragraph - too much Google software has been removed from the firmware, which may not always have a positive impact on usability, but this is my personal opinion.
- you can not put a separate wallpaper on the lock screen.

Everything else at first glance remains the same (except for the visual differences associated with stylization for the fifth android).

Ioj @ 05/18/2015, 12:09*
By the way, how is the power consumption of custom? Nobody compared with the drain?

The light version and slim dark do well with it, even despite the lack of an energy saving menu for the latter. I do not know about others, but I doubt that there is another way.

Rep: (1)
Can you please tell me how to make the power button end a call? There is no such function in gravitibox ...

Rep: (103)
Subwoofer555, For Xposed, there is Xposed Additions, a reassignment.

Miui 6, 4.4.2 which is 5.8.8 in zip, put someone? The body does not become a brick, AXIS IS LAUNCHED? Write a pozh.

Post has been editedBoanerges - 18.05.15, 21:38

Rep: (103)
subwoofer555, probably not looking ...
https: //play.google.co...dog.xposed.additionsgb
http: //repo.xposed.inf...dog.xposed.additionsgb

Recovery 2.8.1 in my opinion some kind of crooked, you can’t go into it at all, did someone manage to go into it, or is it the same problem?

Post has been editedBoanerges - 19.05.15, 08:06

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 21.12.20, 16:22