Asus Vivowatch - Discussion | Fitness bracelet

Rep: (177)
Asus vivowatch - Discussion
Asus vivowatch
Official site | Discussion пїЅ

Attached Image

Description
Asus VivoWatch smartwatch turned out to be a fitness tracker

This week, Asus revealed some details related to its brand new product - the VivoWatch smartwatch, which we already met a couple of weeks ago. As it became known from the last message that came from Taiwan, this device will be available in May, however, so far only in the homeland of watches. The price for them is also quite reasonable - $ 149. In the near future, the company plans to release its smartwatch also in the markets of Germany, France and the UK, and somewhat later in the markets of other countries. However, the new details that have become known will make you look at the device differently.
It was previously said that the VivoWatch device provides about 10 days of battery life. Today it became known that this is thanks to the 123 mAh battery - however, such a battery is smaller than the standard for smart watches. In addition, the operating system on which the device is running - Kood - developed by the company specifically for VivoWatch, consumes less energy than Android Wear. It also became known that VivoWatch have a black and white touch screen with a resolution of 128 x 128 pixels.
In addition, this device cannot work with third-party applications, and also does not need a processor, but uses a microcontroller. So this is not a smart watch to the end, rather, it’s just a beautiful and productive fitness tracker that will measure heart rate, indicate at what point the calorie burning process is most effective, track sleep, etc. The device is dustproof and waterproof.

Device characteristics
Display 128 x 128 resolution
Low power consumption
CorningВ® GorillaВ® Glass 3

Sensor
3-axis accelerometer
Optical heart rate sensor with ASUS VivoPulse technology
UV sensor

Bluetooth
Bluetooth 4.0

Sync
Automatic sync with ASUS HiVivo app

Power consumption
Up to 10 day battery life (normal operation)
Charging time: 1-2 hours

Water resistance
IP67

Strap size
22 mm (standard)

Weight
50g

Reviews

User's manual

• Before asking a question, use search by topic . Respect your and other people's time.
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Post has been editedgivlax - 20.11.16, 20:25
Reason for editing: User Guide

with fitness trackers generally tight so that 24 \ 7 and the functionality was also the case is durable and not lurid
Microsoft Bend 2 or POLAR A360 hasn’t better yet found an option, or an addition to the usual MiBend bracelet from Xiaomi

Fitbit Blaze take a look. Unfortunately, for the same reasons that are listed above, I also refused to buy VivoWatch, and the idea is not bad. Therefore, while I'm using a bunch of Pebble Watch + bracelet.

Rep: (52)
Today, clock synchronization took a record 5886 bytes. First time so many.

Rep: (0)
The January update crashes on the tablet (Samsung GT N5100 note 8). nothing was updated. can what paid applications for hours are?

Rep: (2)
Also acquired. Immediately ordered films with ebay.
Excellent design (which for me was also not an unimportant factor of choice) and most importantly - the heart rate monitor.
I thought for a long time between him and ZenWatch, but everything was decided in favor of the duration of work and a good heart rate monitor. Yes, and ZenWatch is very large (ala, a smartphone on my hand, but I still needed a watch with a heart rate monitor, android wear was useless). I was afraid that vivo would be fat, but as it turned out, it looked great on the hand!

I was pleased with the notification of calls and messages, it's a pity there is not only player control, but this is not so important (the playlist is often updated)

Post has been editedelmys - 05.02.16, 12:29

some garbage. From time to time, the backlight stops turning on

update the firmware. So far I have not done this - even my dial has not changed.

I think it’s necessary to buy and the question arose: haven’t the smart alarm been finished yet? I want to wear one instead of two devices on my hands.

Mdaaa. A month of waiting for a new version of the application and again minor improvements. In the settings you can now choose the Russian language, but the watch itself remains completely in English.

* Ant1zub,
while I see only a few alarms ...

Rep: (52)
Now you can select Russian in the settings, but the watch itself remains completely in English

Yeah, that they stubbornly do not want to add Russian. I wrote them about it on the Play Market.

I wrote them about it on the Play Market

supported :)

Rep: (5)
How accurate is the pulse? Someone compared with belt sensors?

Tell me, do the Chinese have an analogue with a constantly on monochrome display and a normal heart rate monitor. And then I ordered, but I wondered if the 9990r was not expensive?

How accurate is the pulse? Someone compared with belt sensors?

Span from 0 to 20%. watches give an overview of cardiac activity.

Tell me, is there an analogue for the Chinese, so that with a constantly on monochrome display and a normal heart rate monitor

If normal, then no. In these devices, in addition to appearance and iron, there is another important component - this is software. The firmware of the device itself and the program on the smartphone. Because the Chinese do not spend money on development, then this part is very lame for them, so the devices are losing the branded ones (I do not even take into account the manufacturing quality of the devices themselves). We are talking about Chinese nouns (this does not include Xiaomi, Lenovo, etc.). The price of 9990 is due to the Russian exchange rate of $, since all bracelets with similar characteristics cost about $ 150 (by American standards, this is like 1500 rubles for a Russian resident with a salary of 50,000 rubles per month). You can save money and buy, for example, Xiaomi Mi Band, a pretty good bracelet for your money. But this is a completely different device, and even if you only compare the program on a smartphone, then Xiaomi and Asus have it day and night. Of course, each person has his own criteria, someone just needs data on the number of steps per day, week, month. And someone needs an analytical processor, with a complete analysis of all the data. So choose you ...

Rep: (12)
Amf1tamin @ 01/23/2016, 03:54*
Today, clock synchronization took a record 5886 bytes. First time so many.

I had a maximum of 11,000))

Geritch @ 02/18/2016, 09:19*
If normal, then no. In these devices, in addition to appearance and iron, there is another important component - this is software. The firmware of the device itself and the program on the smartphone. Because the Chinese do not spend money on development, then this part is very lame for them, so the devices are losing the branded ones (I do not even take into account the manufacturing quality of the devices themselves). We are talking about Chinese nouns (this does not include Xiaomi, Lenovo, etc.). The price of 9990 is due to the Russian exchange rate of $, since all bracelets with similar characteristics cost about $ 150 (by American standards, this is like 1500 rubles for a Russian resident with a salary of 50,000 rubles per month). You can save money and buy, for example, Xiaomi Mi Band, a pretty good bracelet for your money. But this is a completely different device, and even if you only compare the program on a smartphone, then Xiaomi and Asus have it day and night. Of course, each person has his own criteria, someone just needs data on the number of steps per day, week, month. And someone needs an analytical processor, with a complete analysis of all the data. So choose you ...

Thanks for the answer. In the morning I bought them. I'm testing all day. There were no smart watches, but there was a mi band and a Sony smart band; a sports watch from a sigma with digital heart rate monitors and a Chinese one with an analog one - all were safely lost, Chinese, which was not surprisingly broken.
Compared to my band, I didn’t really like the application, there is no smart alarm clock, the schedule is less informative, it would be better to build columns. Sonya is also more interested in their lifelog, but he ate the battery be healthy.
It’s a pity that you can’t muffle the call from the clock, it was like this on Sony, I don’t remember on my band.
I liked the screen - I thought it would be worse.
There were several questions - the pulse is not always measured - is it due to loose contact with the hand?
How fast is the screen scratched? Is it okay to cut the film? Maybe there are templates? Or it will rip off anyway - the glass is curved. How much does the view deteriorate? In his lie x2, where the same gorilla glued the film, but quickly tore it off - did not like it. For more than two years - there are only minor scratches, if you look closely. But the clock will often be scratched. Someone already beat them about something? How strong is the glass?

D-evo @ 02/18/2016, 18:39*
There were several questions - the pulse is not always measured - is it due to loose contact with the hand?

If not in training mode, then not always, otherwise the batteries will not last for a long time.
I have a battery charge<8% complained that they would be forced to turn off the heart rate monitor :)

It’s difficult to scratch, as I understand it, because how many times there were moments where I thought everything - but no, not any traces.
I tried to cut the film - nothing came of it. Those from phones are badly glued on bends.
Ordered so farthese, let's see how they will ...
But if the film is visible - then on such a watch I think nafig, the view spoils immediately ...

Rep: (1)
I bought this device for myself, connected it to nexus 5 via hivivo, updated it. But for some reason, notifications do not come to the clock about calls and SMS. Maybe someone had similar problems?

I bought this device for myself, connected it to nexus 5 via hivivo, updated it. But for some reason, notifications do not come to the clock about calls and SMS. Maybe someone had similar problems?

I have the same problem on ASUS ZENPHONE I use the clock for the first day, calls did not go through SMS one of the six incoming calls went through, apparently the firmware is buggy.

Post has been editedBobkar - 20.02.16, 10:35

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/02/19, 08:53