Firmware Recovery in Flash MP3 Players | Instruction for action

Rep: (14)
I now decided that this information will be interesting and useful.

All the actions described below you do at your own peril and risk.

Recovery firmware in Flash MP3 players.

Flash mp3 players fail even during normal operations, and even more so there is a great chance to mess up the device with the firmware. Here is a way to restore player software at home. Recovery will take you on the strength of half an hour.

As an example, take the player RoverMedia DP300Fm built on the basis of the SigmaTel 3500 chip. The player was successfully killed during the firmware process.

Attached Image

If the player is recognized by the computer.
1. If the player is recognized by a computer, then connect the player with the play button held down and reflash with the firmware that came with the player on the disk, or download from the manufacturer’s website.

If the player is not recognized by the computer.
1. Disassemble the player. We need to get to the memory chips. If the body of the player is assembled on snaps, I advise you to take a plastic bank card or any other.

2. We look at the marking of the memory chip, they look like on the image. These are mainly chips manufactured by Samsung, Nec, Hynix. In this case, the memory of Samsung 543 K9K4G08UOM.

Attached Image

3. We are looking for information on the chip (DataSheet)http://www.datasheetcatalog.com

4. Using the document downloaded fromhttp://www.datasheetcatalog.comWe find the legs on the chip labeled IO1, IO2, IO3, etc.

5. Now you need to close two any IO legs and connect the player to the computer, it may not work the first time. This can be done, as I did, with a needle.

Attached Image

6. If you successfully closed the legs, the computer should notify you that a new MP3 Recovery Device has been found, the driver to which you can find on the disk that came with the player. If there was no disk in the kit, try those that are in the attachment.

7. Flash the player according to the instructions.

Attached files

Attached fileStMp3Rec.rar(21.77 KB)

Post has been editedmihadom - 12.01.18, 11:42
Reason for editing: image under spoiler

Rep: (1)
campaign is the smallest "cube", but it is invisible to the terminal in the sho nada close ... And sho do?

Good happy day to all!
And if the player does not turn on, it is not defined as a flush and contact closure did not help, that's it? : Sveta: Or you can even try?
Ps: Player Canyon cn-mp3se 512mb

Glukonatkalcuja @ 29.11.09, 15:58*
which one is the memory module ?????

In my opinion the one with the left, on the first photo, the memory module. : Yes2:

Post has been editedBoZhe - 02.12.09, 20:59

Rep: (45)
Help please, that close?EXPLAY M22 (Post # 3248892)

BoZhe @ 2.12.09, 19:56*
Quote (Glukonatkalcuja @ 29.11.09, 15:58) which one memory module ????? In my opinion the one with the left, on the first photo, the memory module.

the one with the inscription on the other samsung picture RAM

Rep: (0)
Hello! Please help me solve my problem. I iriver T60 4GB.

I will describe the story. I mistakenly made it bootable USB flash drive to a data recovery program, after which it became the volume of 2 GB, and FAT file system (can not remember if there was previously 32). All folders disappeared (their place stood a new program files, I deleted them). By pressing the button the player has ceased to be included. Then I tried to format in Windows in FAT32, but the volume is still able to do just 2GB, but SMART-disk diagnostics says that the volume of 4 GB, and included player or not. I climbed up on the manufacturer's website, download and put it on the computer iriver Plus 3 and iriver Updater. Last Divays do not recognize, but it's okay.

But iriver Plus 3 reflash done, new folders. But when I press the button, the player still does not turn on! (And the amount was 2 GB.) To open the player does not work, it is very tight fitting, no plastic cards will not fit, and, in general, the impression that he is not folding.

Tell me, please, what to do in order to return at least embeddable player (ie, to light up the screen)! It would be desirable, of course, return and 4GB. Thanks!

Rep: (787)
physlyr @ 21.12.09, 14:50*
and then its volume to 2 GB

Take programa type Partition Magic, delete and create a new partition on 4GB.
This can be done, and Tools of windows, but I do not remember from the head like :( Look in the right-hand button on My Computer. ->Manager. Or something like ...
About the rest - I do not know. But try to start with this.

Partition Magic Divays not seen, as I did not use the following guidelines:http://www.flashboot.ru/News-article-5.htmlThereafter easily restored 4GB in Windows (not before anything was removed), and then loaded back to the standard driver. But still iriver Plus 3 case does not help!

I have the Creative MuVo n200.Komp sees it as a STMP3500.Problema including where to find the driver STMP3500?

Post has been editedGremlin84 - 29.12.09, 11:27

help people like to open the player (EXPLAY M22): sveta:

: Thank_you: Thank you for the detailed instructions. After 2 hours of the war has been raised from the dead NEXX NF-810. Everything works fine.

Hello. Player SONY NWZ-A816 after 1year of service began to hang and then he hung vyklyuchatsya.No vyklyuchelsya and no longer on the PC is not connected no reagiruet.K voobshe 0.Razobral kind of food is on the buttons in the subject written about the firmware and so can not find the scheme flash chip TOSHIBA L58.Podskazhite how to animate it chyudo ??? Yes, and when connecting wires in oblosti CPU cycles audible squeak UTB normal?

Post has been editedretyu777 - 28.02.10, 15:19

Rep: (51)
Hello, I iriver E100 4GB, upgraded it to the latest firmware and there was trouble when I connect the player to the big blind, a window appears prompting you to format the player, so the flasher program does not see the player, even though he works. How to overcome it?

Hail the Lord! There is a subject Zen V Plus 2 Gb, sboil yourself quietly, but it was somehow tolerated ..... especially in the conditions of use (aggressive riding Wehle), and so during the Sunday trip to MSK on business, he hung and now displays a message at boot time: "Firmware Problem", and then goes into rekaveri .......... actually a question: show me the chip on the motherboard, which is the memory in the photo red circled column chip (by the way with on the other hand is exactly the same) Samsung 625 K9L8GO8UOM PCB0, these strategic data were obtained therefrom by tearing off his plastic plate (I on Nimai pad for that would cover snug).
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/catalog/p470600.shtml, Dataschitkatalog not helped me in so seemingly simple lesson.
PS. I should say here that's been downloaded1.32.01eBecause there is simply 1.32.01, by the way what is the difference? evroversiya weighs 17mb and the other 5.5 .......

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

uuuups, Oshibochka out: blush: 17.5 weighs - ZEN_PCFW_L22_1_21_03e.exe, and weighs 5.5 - ZENVPlus_PCFW_L22_1_32_01e.exe, right now as you can see in the photo 1.5.10.
Citizens, well, tell me what to do!

As a result of an infinite number of attempts at bridging the legs and connections, input has been carried out in В«MP3 Recovery DeviceВ» menu, ie on the player's screen will display this label, but kopmyutera did not find this device ....
Explain to me what to do!

Greetings to all...
Recently acquired media player, the Chinese production ... like the fact that there is a large LCD ... while everything was fine ... but then there was a glitch ... when playing MP3 music sounded much louder than the voice, the same bucket when playing video ... voice drowns out the background music equalizer ... tried to fix them the situation, did not work ... in the system information firmware version 3.0.6b ... was thought firmware change can fix everything ... but something toposhlo wrong and player no more signs of life ... and the same methods described above are not pom ogli ... I found the native firmware but unpacked ... and the fact that downloaded in a format RKW does not fit ...
percent in player costs Rockchip 2706B, memory chips and HYB39S128160CT 29F32G ...
and the beast looks like this
picture

Post has been editedcadet-314 - 28.04.10, 20:42

Rep: (104)
however, it is necessary to add that this action works only on older sigmatelyah ..
who would be my player on telechipe 721 raised ..

Rep: (3)
Helped revive a dead Sony B103F !!! Thank you very much!!!

hello.
I am 300 fm player.
the computer sees it. as a USB flash drive. files to download can. and they even sometimes proigryvayutstsa. previously updated the firmware of the disc through the kit. then I lost drive. recently once again disconnected without a safe trip and some of the files are no longer proigryvatstsa. those. let's say 12 tracks in the player he is, they are sometimes random reads no. I tried to format. and through the player and the computer through. All would be good, but that the updater does not see the player at close range. or while holding the buttons nor wrung. Neither the first nor the last version of the updater. what to do? = \

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 01/05/20 10:30