> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

265 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Onyx Boox C67ML Darwin / Magellan 3 | 6 ”E-ink Carta HD with backlight, Android OS
Optom
Message#1
24.04.15, 21:25
Local snob
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 1503
Check in: 15.10.10

DiscussionOnyx Boox Darwinand modifications
C67ML Carta Series: Carta, Carta2, Carta +, Carta2 +, Darwin, Darwin 2, Darwin 3, Darwin 4, Magellan 3,Vasco da Gama , Vasco da Gama 2, Dontsova Book
Description | Discussion | Firmware | Testing beta versions of firmware | Common questions - Owners Club

Attached Image
A photo
photo from the official website of the manufacturerhttp://www.boox.com/and distributorhttps://onyx-boox.ru/
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Technical characteristics of past generations
General data for the entire lineup with a brief indication of the differences.
Display: 6 ", E Ink Carta, 16 shades of gray, 14: 1 contrast
Touch screen: capacitive with multi-touch function
Resolution:
- 758 × 1024 for Darwin 1/3
- 1072 × 1448 for Darwin 2/4
Snow Field feature: Darwin 3.4
Backlight: MOON Light - for the rest; 5 or 8 diodes
Processor: 2-core, 1 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Built-in memory: 8 GB (first revisions Magellan 3 - 4 GB)
Expansion slot: For microSD / microSDHC memory cards
Sound: there is no hardware support in the models of the McCenter - the exclusive distributor in the Republic of Belarus, the Russian Federation, the USA, Ukraine (a series of travelers); through headphones in readers for other countries (C67ML Carta series)
Wired interface: USB 2.0
Supported file formats: Text: TXT, HTML, RTF, FB2, FB2.zip, FB3, MOBI, CHM, PDB, DOC, DOCX, PRC, EPUB
Graphic: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP
Other: PDF, DjVu, CBR
Wireless interface: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b / g / n;
Battery: Lithium-Ion, 3000 mAh capacity (previous revisions - 1700 mAh)
Operating system: Android 4.2.2
Dimensions: 170 × 117 × 8.7 mm
Body color: Black, gray, white, brown, blue (different color sets are available for different modifications)
Weight: 182 g (previous revisions - 169 g)
Equipment:
all modifications: e-book, USB-cable, user manual, warranty card;
additionally Darwin, but not Magellan 3 / Vasco da Gama: smart cover case, 220 V power adapter

F.A.Q. (first 150 pages of the topic in 80 questions and answers)
mini-FAQ TOP-10 topical issues
  1. Differences of different modifications : Сarta 1-2, Carta + / 2 +, Darwin 1-6, Dontsova, Magellan 3, Vasco da Gama 1-3 - in the FAQ .
  2. New!To the right of the clock in the system panel appeared button-indicator [<>], when pressed, changes to [+ -] : switch the mode of operation of the physical side buttons page turning - volume control appeared in firmware 1.7.0 - including, to ensure compatibility with third-party reader applications that can flip through the volume buttons, but do not understand commands PAGE_UP / PAGE_DOWN (fbreader, kindle and others); the indicator was hidden on readers without audio output up to firmware 1.8.3-mc, but accumulated Problems and developers did not find another solution how to stop hiding it
  3. What is and how does the snow field work: in the FAQ and in discussion from 143 pages
  4. Normal running time for a 3000mAh battery according to distributor information: 25 hours of reading with occasional use of the backlight, without using Wi-Fi, or about 2 weeks of continuous sleep mode without using the device. Official recommendations on the advisability of “swinging” a new battery into a 3-4 full discharge cycle — charges by many users are disputed as irrelevant for the type of battery used. Slightly more .
  5. Up!Hide the black status bar with the clock - in OReader switch to full-screen mode (1) tap on the upper center of the text - "full screen" or (2) settings - basic - start in full screen. For other applications
  6. Replacing regular screensavers: In the regular file manager, a long tap on the file with your picture - set as a screen saver for the sleeper - the N sleep screen / device off screen. Read more
  7. My fonts : for standard reader programs, place in the "fonts" folder in the root of the internal memory - create if there is none ( A little more in the FAQ )
  8. Not enough memory to install applications: manufacturer's decision
  9. Read pdf / djvu: (not) is convenient as well as on other readers 6 ". Which application is better to open pdf / djvu
  10. To search screen marking for replacing broken - it is better to request screen marking by reader’s serial number in technical support MakTsentr but it may not be so easy .
Known bugs and features - TOP-5
  1. Some installed applications do not work.
    Applications do not work "in the background"; when selecting an application for opening a book / file, the installed applications are not listed; The applications are disabled and run only by a shortcut from the list of applications. At the same time, the launch message first appears - this is how the new energy-saving "reader mode" from Onyx Boox developers works
    On firmware: 1.8.2-mc-test 2018-02 ... The ability to disable the so-called "reader mode" and switch to "tablet mode" appeared in later beta firmware 1.8.2-mc-test 2018-03 .. in settings: power management - enable third-party services and applications - reboot
  2. Problems in the shell of the book when using AlReader:
    AlReader does not update the last open book on the start screen; does not appear in the selection menu as a program for opening fb2; after opening a book file in AlReader, its cover is no longer displayed on the main screen, and the file disappears from the library and other manifestations of incomplete compatibility of AlReader with the changing Onyx Boox SDK
    On firmware: 1.7.5-mc-1.8.3 Conflict AlReader and OReader when updating the database of readable books. Workaround: (1) use the current version of AlReader and its built-in capabilities without integration with the Onyx shell or (2) reset the settings, use only AlReader, enable interaction with the Onyx desktop in its settings, and never run OReader or (3) orupdate OReaderto the latest version - starting from 1.73, many settings from AlReader have been added (returned) to the application. Comments in the topic AlReader:-1-, -2- -3-; -4-
  3. On the reader without sound support, when you press the paging buttons, a volume control appears
    On firmware: 1.7.5-mc - 1.8.2-mc.Bypass. Resolved in 1.8.3-mc
  4. The regular library does not index zip archives (for example, .fb2.zip books)
    On firmware: 1.8.0-1.8.2. Bypass:1, 2. Reportedly resolved in current -mc firmware
  5. The clock in the system status bar shows the reader’s activation time and is not updated.
    On the firmware: 1.8.2 – mc 2017-12-28. Not to be confused with normal behavior (the clock is updated only when the screen is active); in this case, a reboot is required for the update. Not yet decided.
  6. Auto-shutdown settings are reset after reboot to "manual"
    On firmware: 1.8.2-mc. Reportedly resolved in firmware 1.8.2 – mc 2017-12-28
  7. Smart coverstableputs the reader into sleep mode from the second time: the cover must be closed, opened, then closed again
    On firmware: 1.8.2-mc - ??? Not to be confused with normal behavior (the reader may fall asleep when you open the cover) or hardware problems (the cover does not work at all, or it works, it does not). Should be decided in later firmware.
Other
For brevity, details are omitted. Bugs can occur only in specific conditions.
  • New readers with support for Snow Field in the settings of the pre-installed OReader do not have the Snow Field option (in the General section)
    On firmware: 1.8.1-mc. Bypass -update OReader. Resolved in new installments
  • Do not install custom sleep screensavers
    On firmware: 1.8.2-mc. Bypass, depending on the cause: (1) use regular, not alternativeway to install images; (2) before updating the firmware, flash the image with a new markup from the computer - an increased space for system and user applications (in the FAQ); (3) try another firmware
  • Book covers are not displayed.
    On firmware: 1.8.0-1.8.2. Workaround - (problem fb2.zip support) -1, 2. Not yet decided.
    On firmware: 1.8.2-mc. Bypass - before upgrading, flash the firmware with the new markup (in the FAQ). Not yet decided.
  • When rescanning a full-time library, it closes with an error
    On firmware: 1.8.2-mc. Workaround - roll back to the previous version. Not yet decided.
  • Unable to install / update FBReader. the system is pre-modified
    On firmware: 1.6.x - 1.8.1. Bypass -in the FAQ. Mod FBReader excluded from firmware 1.8.2 (1.8.1-mc)
  • Books with DRM do not open, DRM item disappeared in settings
    On firmware: 1.8.1-mc-1.8.2. Bypass -install the first version of the Onyx Neo Reader. Resolved in 1.8.2 (later versions)
  • Despite the installation of a custom screensaver in sleep mode, the first one still displays the system
    On firmware: 1.7.5.Bypass. Resolved in 1.7.5 (later versions)
  • In regular applications, it is impossible to create a new Google account.
    On firmware: 1.7.2-mc-1.7.5-mcBypass. Resolved in 1.7.5-mc (later versions)
Useful and different

Readers of the C68 line are discussed in another topic:
ONYX BOOX C68 - Darwin 6 / Darwin 5 / Vasco da Gama 3 Discussion / My first book

Past Survey Results
2018 Survey on the overall assessment of the quality of the hardware component of c67ml carta readers
Attached Image

05.2017-09.2017 Survey after the appearance of the Snow Field technology regarding the dispute: whether everyone notices traces of past images when scrolling WITHOUT Snow Field - accordingly, how much this new technology is needed, which reduces artifacts
Attached Image

07.2015-09.2017 Survey from* FOV5 in the subject Onyx Boox C67ML - Firmware about the discussion about the desirability of increasing battery capacity - from mid-2016, the manufacturer increased the battery capacity from 1700 mAh to 3000 mAh!
Attached Image
History of changes caps
12/21/2018 Quality survey closed
12/12/2018 Discussion of the C68 series has been moved to a separate topic, lost old photos, added new ones under different categories.
11/25/18 Gradually update the cap for a new generation
09/16/18 a question was added to the mini-faq on the mode switch of the physical buttons, the known bugs were slightly updated, the question about the defect from the mini-faq was moved to the useful
07/04/2018 VCOM adjustment utilities added to miscellaneous
06/09/2018 a bug has been added to trigger the cover only from the second time.
03/04/2018 feature with auto-freezing of applications in beta versions of firmware - added to bugs
02/16/2018 Calibration of the battery in different
01/23/2018 minor changes
01/16/2018 Added links to modding from* pulsar_85
01/14/2018 Added marked bugs of firmware 1.8.2 – mc 2017-12-28
01/11/2018 Added "bulletin board", minimized bugsadded spoiler "useful", which will be added links to posts from the topic, applications are transferred to the cropper
12/15/2017 The announced Darwin 5 has been added to the list of devices under discussion. The firmware block has been moved to the firmware theme.
09.22.2017 A problem with the display of covers after opening in AlReader has been added to the list of bugs.
09/17/17 New survey
08/23/17 Firmware block
07.28.17 Top 3 bugs rendered from under spoiler, link to VdG topic
07/09/17 Spoiler with bugs and features
07/05/17 The picture is smaller; corrected links
06/03/17 Marketing description under the picture; disclaimer disclaimer for various modifications
.05.17 A complete list of modifications above the picture; warning about the absence of complete firmware for recovery; reference to the generated list of applications; Link to differences Darwin and Magellan 3 moved to the FAQ; refined specifications, mini-FAQ, history of changes in the caps; poll; mention of carta and "other modifications" in title
05.05.17 FAQ
a photo
Attached Image

Post has been editedOptom - 20.12.18, 23:07
Reason for editing: See change history
phil84
Message#42
26.05.15, 15:27
Local
[offline]

Messages 210
Check in: 23.01.12

Lex0871 @ 05.26.2015, 12:06*
If it's not a money issue, then definitely Darwin. If you want experiments, toys with firmware, then definitely Gmini MagicBook A6LHD.

And what is better Darwin ?? Convenient, stable, reliable? The difference in the volume of the battery is not felt?
vadeus
Message#43
26.05.15, 17:11
Reader
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 40857
Check in: 03.01.06
Samsung Galaxy S9 Exynos

phil84 @ 05/26/2015, 15:27*
What is Darwin better for?

More convenient, more stable, more reliable .
Nevertheless, Onyx office is more solid than lepils of Gmini nameplates;).

--------------------
PocketBook 632/623/903,Onyx MK3, Kindle, NST / NSTwGL (CR), Sony T1 / 350
Phones: Siemens CX65>Qtek 2020i>Motorola l7>Mitac Mio A502>HTC Hero>Philips W732>SGS 5 Mini (LTE)>SGS 6>SGS9.
PDA: HP iPAQ hx2110>Gpad g11>Nexus 7 3G>SGT Pro 8.4 LTE + SGT S 10.5 (wi-fi).
Lex0871
Message#44
26.05.15, 17:17
Local
[offline]

Messages 153
Check in: 30.01.15
ONYX BOOX C67ML DARWIN

In short, the advantages of the Gmini MagicBook A6LHD battery capacity are diminishing by unknown, unknown processes occurring in the reader, so it’s not clear which battery will live even longer (at the same time, the software developers themselves don't seem to know the exact reason) ... look at the eponymous reader branch - people they praise and install doped firmware from Onyx (authored by FOV5), which means there are problems in the firmware and I assure you that they are ... many simply put up with it, others are waiting for new firmware. The main problem Gmini MagicBook A6LHD in an unstable and partly buggy software part. The rest of the iron is normal. And if there is a choice of two readers, read the Gmini MagicBook A6LHD thread and decide. Everything is described and written there.

Post has been editedLex0871 - 26.05.15, 18:20

--------------------
ONYX C67ML Darwin, ONYX C63ML Magellan, GMini A6LHD Carta, GMini M6P, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
xGREGORYx
Message#45
26.05.15, 17:36
Guru
[online]

Messages 2197
Check in: 07.06.11
Honor View 10 6/128

* Lex0871,
What about bugs. Corrected everything in Magellan 2, and Darwin has already been released on the latest firmware. Personally, I have not noticed one. There was still no freeze or reboot. There were no mistakes. I used not only the reader, but also an Internet (downloaded books) and indulged with Pocket, and read notes on Evernote.
The truth is that you buy a book, you turn it on, you load books there and everything, you can read and there are no problems. And further, users are already engaged in customization. Well, I want them to replace the screensaver for example. Everything suits me by default, that on Darwin, that before that on Magellan 2 (on the latest firmware).
Anyway, from 2012 I use Onyxes, the problem was always the same for me, the screen was beating. The books themselves are never buggy. But I did not use early books on Android either.

--------------------
Nokia 6600, Nokia N73, Nokia N95 8gb, Nokia N8, Nokia 808, Sony Xperia Z3 compact, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro, Honor View 10, iPad Air 128gb LTE, Huawei M3 8.4 ", Onyx Boox Darwin 2, Onyx Boox Monte- Cristo 1 & 2, Fiio X5 II, Zidoo X8 & X9s & X10 2.1.22 + rus.
The rain can't last forever ...
Lex0871
Message#46
26.05.15, 17:42
Local
[offline]

Messages 153
ONYX BOOX C67ML DARWIN

I wrote about the Gmini MagicBook A6LHD bugs to the question whether the above device is stable, convenient and reliable, and what its differences are from ONYX. Worse there is no cat in the bag. And if in three words - it is convenient, almost reliable, not stable ... the opinion is subjective, estimated, and my personal (I mean Gmini MagicBook A6LHD). Choose yourself

Post has been editedLex0871 - 26.05.15, 17:51

--------------------
ONYX C67ML Darwin, ONYX C63ML Magellan, GMini A6LHD Carta, GMini M6P, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
xGREGORYx
Message#47
26.05.15, 22:09
Guru
[online]

Messages 2197
Honor View 10 6/128

* Lex0871,
By the way, yes, I missed this model, apparently recently released! Not a bad competitor. The difference in 2000r. I, too, for Onyx. Firstly, the book itself is more compact, secondly it is really stable and there are no problems with the sensor (this is not a stone in the direction of gmini, I just emphasized that Darwin is fine with that. And thirdly, the cover is stylish and practical with smart function
Of the advantages of GMini, probably only the price and headphone jack.
Next IMHO. Surely the backlight will not be so uniform. On the reader extra buttons. For example the screen update button. On Darwin, you can assign a left-key hold to this case. And even better, do not bathe at all with this and enable the update every 3 pages. Well, support for Onyxes is better. There is a feedback through the forum. At least with the Mac center it is there, so serious problems, if any, are all solved in the new firmware. But I don’t know how important it is now, since the latest firmware is excellent.
Not ready to answer whether it is worth overpaying 2000r for Darwin. If the screen in real life is not worse and there are no critical bugs, then it may not be worth it.
But for me, the dimensions, support, interface, moon light and cool case are worth it. Yes, if the dollar were now smaller, the book would have cost 6990, but what to do ...
Well, the last, after all, weight is critical. I had a captain Nemo. The book is cool, but heavy infection ... This GMini is about 100g heavier. About. This is significant. Especially if you hold the book with one hand, for example in transport. It is not worth shaking off this parameter, but, in principle, the planets are heavier, but people use them and nothing! :) But for me personally, the compactness and lightness of the last 6 "onyx is a fat plus.

Now a review of this GMini read. Not bad. The main mistake - autonomous work. Despite the good battery optimization is not. Yes, on paper 2600 with 1700 mAn it is ridiculous to compare, but in reality everything is different. 4-5 days in sleep mode is VERY short. Even not so, it will be correct that the book is discharged coolly in sleep mode. The same Darwin practically does not discharge. Well, roughly, like the iPad. So, not optimized sleep mode, a childhood disease that has already been overcome on smartphones. So the book needs to be turned off. But there is one more thing. And how much charge will be spent on constant on / off? Not a little. That is probably the main problem.
And so, as for reading, everything should be the same as Darwin, because you can put the same Orider or Alrider.
Therefore, I think that this: 2000r difference, this is a plus GMini. And of course the headphone jack. Autonomy and weight are its disadvantages. Well, to the minuses a bad on / off button needs to be written down. She will have to use often, maybe fall off.
I think this: if you are sure that the screen is not broken at the book, then Onyx must be taken. Figs with him, the path is more expensive, but it is a long-playing gadget. And he bought for a longer time than a smartphone. If you read a lot and often, then these 2000 you will not notice at all. But there is still Magellan 2.

If I was asked, I would advise Darwin to choose. But if a person would decide to buy GMini, then I would not dissuade. In general, you need to use, read reviews. In theory, except for the battery accumulator, everything should be good and fast, the iron allows. In general, in theory, the speed is not slower than Darwin, it should be. Well, Alrider does all the work. It is advanced in itself, nothing is required of the manufacturer at all. Ahrider allows you to adjust the backlight and fonts. Yes, almost all. Well, something like this! :)

Post has been editedxGREGORYx - 26.05.15, 22:57

--------------------
Nokia 6600, Nokia N73, Nokia N95 8gb, Nokia N8, Nokia 808, Sony Xperia Z3 compact, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro, Honor View 10, iPad Air 128gb LTE, Huawei M3 8.4 ", Onyx Boox Darwin 2, Onyx Boox Monte- Cristo 1 & 2, Fiio X5 II, Zidoo X8 & X9s & X10 2.1.22 + rus.
phil84
Message#48
27.05.15, 08:17
Local
[offline]

Messages 210

xGREGORYx @ 05.26.2015, 20:09*
I think this: if you are sure that the screen is not broken at the book, then Onyx must be taken.

Is the easy-to-beat screen only an Onyx problem? Gmini screen is not broken (more difficult to break) ??
xGREGORYx
Message#49
27.05.15, 08:42
Guru
[online]

Messages 2197
Honor View 10 6/128

* phil84,
No, they are all like that. Tried and the substrate is plastic and protective glass - it didn’t stick, this contrast worsened a lot.
I wrote to the fact that, for me, the Onyx book will be unreadable only because of the broken screen. And so, she will justify her money. The e-book is the most fragile gadget and there is a certain risk in buying expensive books. But, like, native covers protect well. But you need to be careful. With ANY book.

--------------------
phil84
Message#50
27.05.15, 09:05
Local
[offline]

Messages 210

And another important question.
Buttons on Onyx darwin how to act? is the default scrolling right and left? And what other functions do they perform? And the same question on the bottom center button. And how are they for convenience? Which reader has a better location and their use? It seems that Gmini has more buttons or are they symmetrical and perform the same thing only from different sides for convenience?

Posted on 05/27/2015 09:05:

I wrote to the fact that, for me, the Onyx book will be unreadable only because of the broken screen.

So the same minus and Gmini. In this regard, it is better only because it is a bit cheaper?

Post has been editedphil84 - 27.05.15, 09:08
xGREGORYx
Message#51
27.05.15, 09:50
Guru
[online]

Messages 2197
Honor View 10 6/128

* phil84,
Exactly. It is better because it is cheaper. (It's not so pitiful to break) It's like with clothes, it's better to get dirty sweatpants, than a suit!))) But if you are careful when worn, everything will be fine. Do not drop a book or pinch it in a backpack, for example. The cover is excellent, it protects, but, nevertheless, you need to be careful. More accurate than with a smartphone or tablet! :) The screen is e-ink, thinner than a CD. I call it the eggshell. Everything needs to be done without pressing, with light tapas. But, as I said, the cover protects. And so, without a cover, in general a reader, any, it is better not to take it out of the house!

By default, the side buttons are by single-click pressing. The left button is the previous page, the right button is the next page. Buttons single-position with excellent soft stroke. Holding the left button leads to updating the screen (clears artifacts), this is necessary, for example when browsing, shorter than the "life" outside the reader, as in the reader so you can set the auto refresh pages (I recommend 3 pages). Buttons can be reassigned in the settings.
Top button on / lock / lock once. If the book is not turned off and kept in sleep mode, then you don’t need this button at all, as the cover can lock / unlock the book (gMini doesn’t have this).
The central button is the Back button. Very comfortably. She will constantly return you to the position back. It also turns on / off the backlight (I do not use it, I adjust the backlight with gestures in the OReader.)
Such management, in practice, is one of the most convenient. And the central button is a great solution altogether. Buttons I would write Onyx plus. For me personally, the gminib buttons seem less convenient. But there are two-sided side buttons. That is, you can flick through with one hand and forward and back. But I'm not worried about this when I hold the book with one hand and I need to go back to the page - I use tap on the screen or svayp. Tap zones are also configured in the reader. The default settings are more than convenient.

Post has been editedxGREGORYx - 27.05.15, 09:57

--------------------
Lex0871
Message#52
27.05.15, 10:57
Local
[offline]

Messages 153
ONYX BOOX C67ML DARWIN

I would not say that Gmini is so cheap that it is not a pity to break the screen. At current prices, this is pretty expensive gadget. As for the buttons, it's a matter of taste and management habits. I do not think that the choice of buttons was decisive and decisive in the matter of choice. Go to the store and hold both readers in your hands, turn them on. The only way to make a choice. By reading the posts you can not choose, just scoring your head, by God ...

Post has been editedLex0871 - 27.05.15, 10:59

--------------------
phil84
Message#53
27.05.15, 19:54
Local
[offline]

Messages 210

And the backlight of both readers, as I understand it, is made according to a different technology (principle)? And which reader is better?
xGREGORYx
Message#54
27.05.15, 20:00
Guru
[online]

Messages 2197
Honor View 10 6/128

* phil84,
The principle itself is one. But the technology is different. Onyx has their signature Moon Light. In the Russian market, they are one of the first began to use the backlight.
In theory, yes, Darwin lighting should be better. But in practice - we must look. Moonlight, moonlight, fairly white and uniform illumination with a cool shade. I did not compare with any gMini, I can not say anything. But in general, of famous people, Sergey Golubitsky uses Onyx and they are very pleased with him. It is possible to find his channel in YouTube, he surveyed enough readers, an interesting man.

--------------------
volkov1967
Message#55
27.05.15, 22:33
User
[offline]

Messages 78
Check in: 04.03.06

Hello.
Acquired DARWIN. Impressions are only positive, everything is done qualitatively, starting with the packaging.
But on embedded programs have questions.
Fbreader- among the pre-installed programs is missing (there is OREADER, a modification of ALReadera), but in the Play Market only the "Update" FBreader is offered. And when updating, I get the message "The package file is signed incorrectly. Delete the previous version of the application and try again." (FBreader in the list of required applications - only here we got complete synchronization of all devices).

Tell me what to do, where to attack?

Post has been editedvolkov1967 - 27.05.15, 23:06

--------------------
Motorola C350 ->Siemens S65 ->Motorola MPx200 ->Motorola MPx220 ->Sony Ericsson K770i ->HTC HD2 ->HTC ONE S ->ZTE NUBIA Z5MINI ->ZTE GRAND SII ->ZTE NUBIA Z7MAX ->Xiaomi Mi5S ->Xiaomi mi6
Shadow
Message#56
27.05.15, 23:23
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1379
Check in: 29.05.05
Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F / DS

I have a question for those who have been using it more or less for a long time - for how many days does the battery last, if you don’t turn off the book and put it to sleep? It took me 60% of the charge for the first three days, and this despite the fact that the screen was turned on for only 4 hours. I understand that the battery should still swing, but still somehow inhumane. Internet off, no memory card.

Post has been editedShadow - 27.05.15, 23:24

--------------------
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
Garmin Fenix ​​3 HR
arhives
Message#57
28.05.15, 07:37
Local
[offline]

Messages 140
Check in: 09.12.12
ONYX BOOX i63ML MAXWELL

volkov1967Get root rights, remove the system application through® Root App Delete (uninstaller)or® Root UninstallerAfter put the program.
polk
Message#58
28.05.15, 10:39
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 5
Check in: 08.09.07
Asus p505

Arhives @ 05/28/2015, 07:37*
Get root right

How to do it? Where to read about it? Thank.
volkov1967
Message#59
28.05.15, 13:26
User
[offline]

Messages 78
Check in: 04.03.06

* arhives
How to get root on Onyx Book Darwin?

--------------------
Motorola C350 ->Siemens S65 ->Motorola MPx200 ->Motorola MPx220 ->Sony Ericsson K770i ->HTC HD2 ->HTC ONE S ->ZTE NUBIA Z5MINI ->ZTE GRAND SII ->ZTE NUBIA Z7MAX ->Xiaomi Mi5S ->Xiaomi mi6
xGREGORYx
Message#60
28.05.15, 14:26
Guru
[online]

Messages 2197
Honor View 10 6/128

* Shadow,
I have 8 days living so far. Now 24%. Started counting from 90%. I can say that in the sacred mode the book does not almost discharge. At least visually. For example, for two days the book is lying, and the discharge is at 1% of everything.
The book is very discharging wi-fi. If you just read and the entire load on the battery will only read pages + backlighting, then the book will live for a long time.
I do not use a memory card, so I can’t say if it affects the battery or not. Turning on and off, too, the charge eats off. Probably like this: if you read every day, then you should not turn it off. If you read, for example, 2 through 2, then you can.
It also depends on the charge controller, maybe it deceives me. When I included the book, she lived for a long time. At least 2 weeks. But usually 3 and even 4, although it may not read so much. I then had a mode, after an hour of inactivity - auto power off.
Yes, I opened the Android settings now, the item is a battery. Standby mode is only 6%. And the screen is 95%. So the device is sleeping really well.

Post has been editedxGREGORYx - 28.05.15, 14:29

--------------------
Mozgovic
Message#61
28.05.15, 14:39
Local
[offline]

Messages 264
Check in: 28.11.06
Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact

People, advise, please, to take Darwin or is there something better?
Alternatively, consider a Kobo H20 or another version

Here is my topic, with a question about choosing:
Onyx Darwin or Kobo H2O?
Please write your thoughts. I would be very grateful

Post has been editedMozgovic - 28.05.15, 14:41

265 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/30/19, 03:28