vivaldi | Discussion and problem-solving

Rep: (208)
Vivaldi

Attached Image

Description:
Functional and customizable internet browser based on the free Chromium browser and Blink engine.

Opportunities:
  • Express panel: links to favorite sites available in each new tab
  • Folders Express panels: use folders for thematic sets of links
  • Quick Commands: Control your browser with simple text commands.
  • Go to next page: convenient for search results
  • Convenience: return to the first page of the visited site
  • Notes: keep notes and links to the source while browsing
  • Web panels: place sites in the sidebar, which is convenient for social networks and chat rooms
  • Sidebar: quick access to bookmarks, downloads and notes
  • Search field: use the quick list of search engines
  • Adding a new search: you can add any search to the list of available
  • Sessions: save the list of pages to return to later
  • Grouping: drag one tab over another to group
  • Visual tabs: expand the tab bar to view page thumbnails
  • Trash: Recover Closed Pages
  • Tab switching: intuitive navigation between tabs
  • Placing a group of tabs: open a tab group in one window
  • Bookmarks Bar: Quick Access and Manage Bookmarks Panel
  • Short names: use the short name of the bookmark to open it from the address bar
  • Mouse gestures: perform popular actions with one click of the mouse
  • Keyboard shortcuts: use keyboard shortcuts to speed up work
  • Background Express panel: set your background for the panel
  • Web page zoom: zoom in for easier viewing
  • Interface scale: adjust the size of the interface elements, which is convenient for the eyes
  • Color management: change the color of the interface in one click
  • Responsive color: the browser interface adapts to the color of the website you are viewing

Operating system: Windows XP + (x32, x64); Mac (10.9+); Linux
Interface: ML + Russian

Developer: Vivaldi Technologies
Download: stable versions
Download: test builds

Post has been editedgrazer08 - 03.04.20, 22:05

Rep: (2729)
Browser by Jon von Tetzchner, co-authors of one of the old Opera House:Vivaldi - What features of the new browser- Discussion of HabrГ©.
I already ahead: Dhttp: //savagemessiahzine.com/2015/01/28/198933/

Post has been editedShoore - 28.01.15, 13:44
Reason for editing: UPD

Rep: (127)
Vivaldi - the new browser from Opera creators
The assurances of the creators, Vivaldi is designed for users with high demands on the functionality of the browser.

Rep: (1950)
Shoore @ 28.01.2015, 14:39*
I already ahead
Author Habre has spent about half an hour longer than SashaTanya, and the news has turned about completely different browser. : D

pasha_550 @ 28.01.2015, 17:07*
news turned about completely different browser
HabrГ© has stilltopic from the developer. The browser itself has not impressed so far, such as "pull is enough" as all hromobrauzery. But the direction and pleasesthisIn relative frequency, encouraging ..
pasha_550 @ 28.01.2015, 17:07*
SashaTanya
Attached Image

Shoore @ 28.01.2015, 18:24*
But the direction of joy and this, in relative frequency, encouraging ..
Well, with the "direction" of all miracles - it was 90% browser market, its poherili, and in its place nobody came. And then everybody complains that "overheated ... IT niches are occupied ...". :-)
Question - whether they will be given to climb ... :-)

pasha_550 @ 28.01.2015, 18:14*
It was 90% browser market
Yes, there was a time ... And then came googol with its aggressive policy implementation chromium. Wherever you spit, if you missed the checkbox instructive informer in: D Rise of the Machines in the offing.

Shoore @ 28.01.2015, 19:29*
Rise of the Machines in the offing.
Late. Already. :-)
Shoore @ 28.01.2015, 19:29*
And then came a googol
I used to like browsersmicrosoft Trident(Such as Maxthon and Avant). Who I tried to -Attached Image.

pasha_550 @ 28.01.2015, 19:44*
previously liked browsers on the Microsoft Trident
I read the comments on the HabrГ© to both topics on Vivaldi, and once again realized that almost all the features presto "protection" in the engine you use in everyday life and you do not notice until you do not deprive them. The same button is back from the cache, etc. etc.
Although, blink and geckos have its advantages, especially in the degradation of the background (or rather, the termination of the development) presto in recent years.

Shoore @ 28.01.2015, 18:24*
like all hromobrauzery
guzzles resources and goal without additions.
Opened samlab - horrified at the amount of advertising and vulgarity. :-)

pasha_550 @ 28.01.2015, 21:01*
horrified at the amount of advertising and vulgarity
I immediately put adblock once beheld here in the header banner :)

pasha_550 @ 28.01.2015, 21:01*
guzzles resources and goal without additions
Attached Image

Post has been editedShoore - 28.01.15, 21:57

* Shoore, and then there is the screenshot?

pasha_550 @ 29.01.2015, 14:24*
then there is the screenshot?
Naked browser with one tab open: Speed ​​Dial. Your cap :) It is interesting that only hromobrauzerov processes have priority through the floor, everything else works at least in the Middle user, even the system IE (although it is virtualized.

Vivaldi browser stores passwords in cleartext
Tadam? :-)

pasha_550 @ 27.02.2015, 22:55*
Tadam?
An adequate response to your tadam
If you in something got into something completely pofik browser encrypts the passwords in files or not, something can always connect to the browser as a debugger or inzhektnut in its code, or even a lot of ways to get the browser to issue passwords.
With the passwords of the head is not better - to intercept them is not a problem.
The sole purpose with which it makes sense to encrypt somewhere in config / files passwords - is to lyubotnye their eyes do not see, because they are very curious still take advantage of the tools and get what you want.
http://habrahabr.ru/post/251671/#comment_8304979

Rep: (107)
* Shoore, he keeps them open, find them from the file ~ / .config / vivaldi / Default / Login Data
and your public services and savings bank and housing, esseno if you climbed)
essno ie if you use and you have climbed it would be difficult to utilities

Post has been editedsneres - 28.02.15, 01:01

Shoore @ 28.02.2015, 00:16*
The sole purpose with which it makes sense to encrypt somewhere in config / files passwords - is to lyubotnye their eyes do not see, because they are very curious still take advantage of the tools and get what you want.
AND! Well well, it changes everything! go, scribbled PIN on plastic ...: D
PS This is not "an adequate response", and a convenient excuse.

Rep: (5)
"Decent answer" it would probably be encrypted so that any other program could not decipher? Only here I do not know of such methods. And even under the Windows password of the current user can be found.

Option XOR'it all passwords with the word "Tadam" probably would not be enough?

Rep: (1045)
Starting a robust, but thanks to fashionable technologies (JavaScript Well it is fashionable) interface slows down so wild that I can not even imagine how this can be used.

Rep: (4)
After Chrome again to return almost good old Opera - it's very inspiring! Again convenient side panel bookmarks, downloads, and God knows what; grouping of tabs, the lower status bar with a scale, and with the full hardware acceleration of video from Chrome!
But there is a lot to refine that: sync bookmarks !, Plugins, a shame that it is not running specials. button mouse, cat, I used to return to the previous page, and works in all other browsers (Mozilla, Opera, Chrome, Maxthone, and even IE). I'm not talking about the promised e-mail client, and can be a torrent. Even adding a bookmark some unfinished - do not select the desired folder / subfolder.
I hope the project does not stall!

pocketmen @ 20.06.2015, 21:00*
go back almost good old Opera
But what there, the same chromium, in the form of a profile.

Posted 06/20/2015 23:40:

mgeee @ 13.04.2015, 17:10*
through the use of technology fashion
WebAssembly Screw: D
It seems to me, or in the latest version (1.0.209.3) Smooth scrolling almost become?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 15/06/20, 20:43