ARC Welder | The official Chrome extension allows you to run Android software on

Rep: (2)
ARC Welder
version: 1.00

Attached Image
other screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Description:
Google Inc. recently officially gave the go-ahead to software developers to migrate Android applications to the Chrome OS platform. The next and predictable step by the management of the corporation was to provide developers with a native tool that would allow application developers to easily test mobile software, regardless of which operating system they use - Windows, OS X, Linux or Chrome OS.
For these purposes, Google introduced an emulator program that allows you to run Android applications directly in Google Chrome’s proprietary web browser. The extension called ARC Welder, though focused primarily on developers, but anyone can use it.
The user will only need to install a special plugin, after which all of the above mentioned operating systems will only open the “patched” Chrome browser, specify the file with the .apk extension, click on the “+” icon and check the functionality of the mobile software in the window that appears.
The ARC Welder settings allow you to select a portrait / landscape display of a window with an Android application, the size of a picture (smartphone, tablet or full screen), as well as allow or deny access to the clipboard used for quick insertion of text and images.

1. Install ARC Welder beta / developer preview

After the installation is complete, start ARC Welder and specify a folder on the disk to store temporary files.

2. Select one of the files on your computer with the .apk extension (relevant only for applications written under Android 4.4.), Specify your preferred settings and click "Launch app". For example, the emulation of the Instagram mobile application will allow not only to view other people's photos, but also to upload new images stored on the system disk to your account.

Instructions for running games with a cache: ARC Welder (Post Dreamer ... # 39310417)
The option to run the program with access to PC drives: ARC Welder (Post Dreamer ... # 39277859)

The program works only on x64

Homepage: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/arc-welder/emfinbmielocnlhgmfkkmkngdoccbadn/related

Download: version: 1.00
Download APK

Past versions

Post has been editedKenas - 20.11.17, 12:08

How to run the apk, to which you need to add the .obb cache?

Rep: (8)
* Gabbeh
Unfortunately, the application with the cache, it can not run

Rep: (18)
* MeriGuan7,
Know how, you need to edit manifest.json
Line "enableExternalDirectory": false - replace false with true.
Plus add permission to read and write folders - {"fileSystem": ["write", "retainEntries", "directory"]}
Then when you start the application, you will be able to select the folder where the application data will be stored there already and throw the cache.
True, nothing of the fact that I tested so normally and did not start, almost everything crashes. For example, here is an attempt to run hearthstonehttp://i.imgur.com/6eUAYdo.png

Rep: (1183)
need to edit manifest.json

And {"enableExternalDirectory": true} will not be enough?

I tried, for now, only on Unofficial clientsavagemessiahzine.com- no access to the network.
I sin on antivirus worker. I experiment at home)))

Rep: (18)
* Dreamer ..., no, without permission to read and write will not run at all.

Rep: (1)
Odd does not plow at all. either a mistake or just twists for a long time and nothing (((

Maybe someone started Clash of Clans, it seems to start with me, but I don’t have to connect and write later. Maybe in the firewall, what rule should I create?

Rep: (13)
"retainEntries" is needed so that the folder selection dialog (which will be a memory card) does not pop up every time you start the application.

And you need to work with the emulator in a 64-bit OS.

Post has been editedAlexey_011 - 08.04.15, 09:17

without permission to read and write will not start at all

I meant to add to the same place as the permission to read / write, so as not to edit manifest.json

borisen81 @ 04/08/2015, 01:41*
Maybe in the firewall, what rule should I create?

I read on a foreign resource that many people were helped by the disabling of the firewall or antivirus.
Look in the logs, which program was denied access to the network and at what address.

Post has been editedDreamer ... - 08.04.15, 09:36

Line "enableExternalDirectory": false - replace false with true.
Plus add permission to read and write folders - {"fileSystem": ["write", "retainEntries", "directory"]}

Where to find that manifest.json?
Thank. : blush:

And to add permission to read it is necessary to add like in C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Google \ Chrome \ Application \ master_preferences

Post has been editedGabbeh - 08.04.15, 12:52

I tried to add to Additional metadata {"enableExternalDirectory": true} - when I start it, it swears at the wrong json, so without editing it in any way ...

Useful link:
https://developer.chrome.com/apps/getstarted_arc

Post has been editedDreamer ... - 08.04.15, 14:55

Instructions for running games with a cache:
(I don’t write about installing ARC Welder and launching an arc)
  1. Add an application to ARC Welder
  2. Set the desired settings
  3. Click "Download .zip" and save to disk.
  4. Unzip the saved .zip
  5. In unpacked, find manifest.json
  6. Open with a text editor.(NOT Notepad and NOT word)
  7. Change line
    {"fileSystem": ["write"]},

on
    {"fileSystem": ["write", "retainEntries", "directory"]},

and
    "enableExternalDirectory": false,

on
    "enableExternalDirectory": true

8. Add modified application to Chrome extensions
    (How to add your application to the chrome are looking on the Internet or readARC Welder (Post digitop # 40242233)
  9. Run the application
  10. Specify a folder
  11. The application will hang or give an error or start downloading the cache.
  12. If it hangs or gives an error - Close the application and go to the specified folder, there should appear folders (I had Android, and in it obb and data) necessary for the application.
  13. Put the cash game in the desired folder and try to run again.

I tried:
DuckTales.
The menu does not appear, only the screen saver ... Sound and animation lag ...
Screenshots
Attached Image

The Simpsons.
Painted at the start of the game.
F / libndk_translation (204): Bad 'fts_open' call at (libscorpio-neon.so + 0xa05c80)

X-men
Not visible level and character.

Post has been editedDreamer ... - 20.05.15, 09:13

Rep: (3)
I tried to run multiple applications. Every time there is a download with the icon of this application. And then comes a piece of the puzzle with a sad smile. What am I doing wrong?

* Nerion
Turn on telepathy ....
1. Applications need a cache, but you did not read my post, under which you wrote yours.
2. Since This is all in the deep beta stage - the applications you select are not yet supported.
Turning off telepathy ...

Rep: (3)
Dreamer ... 04/13/2015, 19:01*
1. Applications need a cache, but you did not read my post, under which you wrote yours.
2. Since This is all in the deep beta stage - the applications you select are not yet supported.

I read about the cache. Applications without it.
From applications for example I tried the instagram, I found a bourgeois movie in the internet, as it was launched through the welder, I did everything as in the video and did not start.

Rep: (13)
HereMy research on the topic of ARC Welder + Yandex.Navigator.

* Nerion The instagram should work exactly - see the logs, you can understand where the error is.

I have a 32 bit axis. How to be?

* mionic22,
Put 64 bit;)
a question the answer

Rep: (0)
Guys, what if I need a menu button in the application? Where can I get it?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/16/19, 00:00