> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

47 pagesV  « < 44 45 46 47 > »  

> Google Nexus 6 - LineageOS Firmware
Tuldon
Message#1
02.04.15, 15:58
We are all guests here
[offline]

Group: Curators
Messages 660
Check in: 13.03.12
Google Nexus 6

Google Nexus 6 - LineageOS Firmware
PictureMotorola XT1100 / 1103, Motorola Shamu
Description | Discussion | Purchase | Accessories | Modification | Official firmware | Custom firmware | LineageOS firmware

Description
Cyanogenmod- after-sales firmware of cell phones and tablets based on Android OS from the Cyanogen Team, now Cyanogen Inc. Supports features not found in the official Android device vendor firmware, including the original Android theme (Android Holo), the Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) codec, compcache, large APN list, OpenVPN client, reload menu

Cyanogenmod- The first mobile OS, which includes the BFS task scheduler and is the combination of the experimental branch and the official Android source tree. The developers claim that CyanogenMod improves the performance and reliability of the OS compared to the official firmware releases.

As of June 2014, CyanogenMod firmware has been installed on more than 12 million devices.

ProjectCMis closed. The continuation of the project isLineageOS

Instructions
Before any manipulations with the firmware of the phone, it is strongly recommended to make a full backup in Recovery!
TWRP-recovery version not less than 3.2.1-0 is recommended!
You can enter Recovery by holding the device in the off state. The volume "-" and the Power button, then the volume buttons select Recovery
Preparing the device for installing custom firmware

When installing from any other firmware via custom recovery
  1. Copy the firmware and Gapps to the internal memory of the device
  2. Go to recovery and perform wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, format system (all data except user files on the device’s internal memory will be erased)
  3. Next, select the item - "Install" or "Install zip from sdcard"
  4. Find and install the file with the firmware
  5. Find and install Gapps
  6. Reboot
When upgrading from one Nightly / Snapshot to another more recent
  1. Copy to the internal memory of the device archive with firmware
  2. Next, select the item - "Install" or "Install zip from sdcard"
  3. Find and install the file with the firmware
  4. Reboot

Firmware
Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedTuldon - 02.03.19, 09:51
Reason for editing: LineageOS 16.0
zesaver
Message#902
07.03.19, 18:25
crazy scientist
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 1170
Check in: 19.12.09
Google Nexus 6

Creeepertima @ 03/07/19 16:43*
I understand correctly that TWRP is incompatible with encryption in 9.0?

Right

--------------------
This infa will blow your brain!
Nokia 7610 =>SE M600 =>Asus P527 =>Samsung i5700 Spica =>SE Xperia MT11i Neo V =>Sony Xperia Tipo dual =>Nexus 4 + Asus Zenwatch 2 =>Google Nexus 6 + Doogee X5Max + SE MW600 + Mi Band 1S
Creeepertima
Message#903
07.03.19, 18:45
Local
[offline]

Messages 115
Check in: 20.07.13

* zesaver. Yes already. Here rolled back to LOS15. Full date format. Here I performed encryption with his means. TWRP again writes that the password is incorrect. Although the android itself starts. Here I think, you can somehow return the encryption so that the system works, and TWRP saw, except for the firmware of the official

Post has been editedCreeepertima - 07.03.19, 18:48
Tuldon
Message#904
07.03.19, 19:34
We are all guests here
[offline]

Messages 660
Google Nexus 6

* Creeepertima,
I think one of two things will solve your problem ...
Google Nexus 6 - Informal firmware (Tuldon Post # 82572659)

--------------------
nicht hendendt ...
Creeepertima
Message#905
07.03.19, 20:29
Local
[offline]

Messages 115

* Tuldon,. Yes, it is already found just on the topic. And there are answers only how to disable encryption, and not to put it normally. This I can and know. But before attempting to deliver 9, there was encryption that worked on both the system and TWRP. Then he made the formats and wipes, encryption has flown away. Encrypted with LOS15, but TWRP cannot see encryption. Eh, I will torment the poor smartphone
bekazaver
Message#906
07.03.19, 20:46
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 720
Check in: 22.10.12
Google Nexus 6

* Creeepertima
currently all 9 with encryption not working
Creeepertima
Message#907
07.03.19, 20:48
Local
[offline]

Messages 115

* bekazaverI'll try to put 7.1 and encrypt there, first making all the wipe / formats ...
Creeepertima
Message#908
08.03.19, 07:49
Local
[offline]

Messages 115

I do not know if it will be useful to anyone, but suddenly the same problem and the need to encrypt normal. After installing Los 16 or OS encryptionExactlywith LoS15 / 16 encryption is crooked. The system may work, but TWRP will issue an incorrect password when you try to log in. Do not have to put stock. The following actions helped me:
We go in TWRP. We cancel password entry. Will report that can not mount. Go to Cleaning and execute format data. Restart TWRP. Cleaning again. Wipe data / system / cache. We connect to the PC. Throw los14. Disconnect from pc. Install this archive. Restart in OS. We are already performing encryption.
That's all. You are beautiful. Now the encryption is seen by both the system and TWRP. Now you can safely install 8.1)

Post has been editedCreeepertima - 09.03.19, 19:41
Denya85
Message#909
10.03.19, 22:52
User
[offline]

Messages 62
Check in: 16.06.14
Google Nexus 6

Good day to all.
Lineage 15.1 with the latest updates, twrp latest version.
Gpay does not work, and instagram is not supported. The phone is not rutted, but when I boot to enter the system, I enter the password - is it somehow connected?

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
zesaver
Message#910
12.03.19, 18:43
crazy scientist
[offline]

Messages 1170
Google Nexus 6

* Denya85,
Lineage15.1 and TWRP are already phone modifications that Googlejustifiedconsiders unsafe. So they need to be "hidden" from GPay, for which you can useMagisk.

The fact that when loading, enter the password means that encryption is enabled on your phone. It has nothing to do with the possibility or inability of other programs to work.but it protects your personal data in case of loss of the phone.

Regarding Instagram - haven't you really changed anything else? On Lineage15.1 by default Instagram is installed and works as standard.

--------------------
Nokia 7610 =>SE M600 =>Asus P527 =>Samsung i5700 Spica =>SE Xperia MT11i Neo V =>Sony Xperia Tipo dual =>Nexus 4 + Asus Zenwatch 2 =>Google Nexus 6 + Doogee X5Max + SE MW600 + Mi Band 1S
Denya85
Message#911
12.03.19, 20:39
User
[offline]

Messages 62
Google Nexus 6

* zesaver, before that stood AICP with twrp-instagram and Gpay worked. Then he demolished the system, formatted the partitions, put the stock firmware, did not "go down", returned to the lineage. After these dances with tambourines, glitches with arbitrary disconnections of the phone were lost when charging below 50%, as well as with the camera turned off, but troubles appeared in the message earlier
XXXY
Message#912
13.03.19, 02:24
Local
[offline]

Messages 101
Check in: 01.05.12
Google Nexus 6

* Denya85, put 16 with magic, and you will be happy
zesaver
Message#913
14.03.19, 19:07
crazy scientist
[offline]

Messages 1170
Google Nexus 6

The result of my struggle with Google Pay:

Judging by the numerous topics on the XDA, the problem is that with the next update, either Magisk, or Google Play Services, the ability to easily hide the root and unlocked Google downloader was lost. Therefore, all the tips, if you add up, are reduced to three options (in fact, to two, the third is what worked for me personally):
1. Change the version of Magisk. There are a lot of reports claiming that "everything worked on Magisk v17, but stopped on v18". Therefore, you can either remove Magisk from your phone and flash it through v17 recovery, or switch to Magisk beta releases, where you have already repaired everything (the so-called Magisk-canary). On XDA, this method is not recommended for everyday use.

2. Roll back the version of Google Play Services. The latest version, which is guaranteed to work - 14.7.99. True, if, like me, just downloading the most up-to-date opengapps and flashing them, then the rollback can become somewhat nontrivial, since today opengapps already contains version 15+, and the downgrade of the system application ... requires "hour and time". However, if you are already confused, then this method may well be safe for everyday use.

3. What worked for me. It does not depend on versions of Magisk and Google Play Services:
1. In "Settings" ->"Programs" ->“All Programs” find google play services and clear data. It is also worth clearing the data in the client of your bank, if it (like mine) also determines if the phone is a rooted one. Google Pay and other Google programs do not have to be cleaned, since Play Services is responsible for checking.
2. In the Magisk manager on the Hide tab, tick all the Google programs and bank client (s).
3. In Magisk, go to the Downloads tab and download the SafetyPatcher module. Agree to reboot.
4. You can add maps to Google Play!
In my case, the Magisk client has been rebuilt with an arbitrary name, but, apparently, this does not help anything. Just return back laziness.
After 1 point, no programs should be launched or used by the phone, of course, because it increases the likelihood that Play Services will again have time to notice modifications and further actions will lose their meaning. Theoretically, it makes sense to first perform steps 2 and 3, and already after - 1. But I did it in exactly the order I indicated.

Post has been editedzesaver - 16.03.19, 12:05
Reason for editing: Spoiler

--------------------
XXXY
Message#914
18.03.19, 14:18
Local
[offline]

Messages 101
Google Nexus 6

* zesaver, the third way worked, payments pass
[JAM] SSDD
Message#915
21.03.19, 14:53
SameShitDifferentDay
[offline]

Messages 291
Check in: 27.11.12
Google Nexus 6

Tell me, plz, what bugs does LineageOS 16.0 have?
I already understood the need to install Magisk.
I choose to replace the drain

--------------------
in search of the perfect smartphone
XXXY
Message#916
21.03.19, 14:57
Local
[offline]

Messages 101
Google Nexus 6

* [JAM] SSDD, I do not have onscreen buttons in full-screen applications like YouTube, when the phone is in horizontal orientation. Look like that's it.
Denya85
Message#917
21.03.19, 14:59
User
[offline]

Messages 62
Google Nexus 6

* XXXY, this is probably the common misfortune of all nines ... I did not try Lineage 16, but there was such a bug in AICP too.
Tuldon
Message#918
21.03.19, 15:21
We are all guests here
[offline]

Messages 660
Google Nexus 6

Denya85 @ 03.21.19, 13:59*
this is probably the common problem of all nines ...

this is not true...
In crDroid v14.0, with fullscreen mode, everything is fine ...

--------------------
nicht hendendt ...
[JAM] SSDD
Message#919
21.03.19, 15:29
SameShitDifferentDay
[offline]

Messages 291
Check in: 27.11.12
Google Nexus 6

Tuldon @ 03.21.19, 14:21*
this is not true...
In crDroid v14.0, with fullscreen mode, everything is fine ...

Is it possible to assert that crDroid v14.0 is more stable than LineageOS 16.0?

At least subjectively

--------------------
in search of the perfect smartphone
Tuldon
Message#920
21.03.19, 16:06
We are all guests here
[offline]

Messages 660
Google Nexus 6

* [JAM] SSDD,
The best thing for you is to install and try how this or that firmware will behave on your device ... for example, compare these two ...

--------------------
nicht hendendt ...
zesaver
Message#921
21.03.19, 16:30
crazy scientist
[offline]

Messages 1170
Google Nexus 6

XXXY @ 03.21.19, 13:57*
I do not have onscreen buttons in full-screen apps like YouTube, when the phone is in horizontal orientation.

And if svaypnut top of the screen to the middle? Only from the very top. I "leave" then immediately.

--------------------
Google

47 pagesV  « < 44 45 46 47 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/18/19 16:32