> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

26 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Nintendo DS / Lite / DSi / DSi XL | History, description, features, games, accessories
ElForastero
Message#1
29.03.15, 01:25
User
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 67
Check in: 27.02.15
Google Nexus 7 (2013)

NintendoDS / Lite / DSi / DSi XL

(Seventh generation of gaming systems)

Attached Image

Types of consoles:

2004 - Nintendo DS | Fat / NDS / DS
Nintendo DS (Fat / NDS, DS)
Attached Image

Description:
Nintendo DS (abbreviated NDS or DS) - the next generation of handheld game consoles of the company Nintendo after the Game Boy Advance SP. The console was released in 2004 in Canada, USA and Japan.

Nintendo DS has a clamshell design (the first version is very similar to Game & Watch) with two LCD screens, and the bottom screen is sensitive to the touch-screen of a stylus or finger (a stylus is recommended), which is used in many games.

Nintendo DS supports the wireless standard IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi), which allows the simultaneous connection of 16 consoles that are at a distance of 10-30 meters from each other. For many games, several players need only one game cartridge: use the Download Play function, which allows other players to download the necessary part of the game from the cartridge owner.

Nintendo DS stereo sound provides surround sound, supports stereo headphones with a standard TRS connector. The original headset comes with a microphone.

Specifications:
  • CPU:ARM946E-S - 67 MHz, the coprocessor ARM7TDMI - 33 MHz
  • Memory:4 MB, 656 KB of video memory, 512K of memory for textures
  • Screen:two separate LCDs, a diagonal of 77 mm (3 inches), a resolution of 256x192 pixels, up to 260 thousand colors. The distance between the screens is approximately 21 mm, which is equivalent to 92 "hidden" lines.
  • Video system:2D and 3D support (T & L, texture coordinate mapping, texture mapping, alpha blending, anti-aliasing, integer shading and Z-buffering) theoretically allows you to draw 120,000 polygons per second (however, it has a limitation on drawing 6144 vertices or 2048 triangles per one frame).
  • Sound:Stereo, 16-channel ADPCM / PCM
  • Drives:1 slot for Nintendo DS own cartridges, 2 slot for Nintendo Gameboy Advance cartridges
  • Connection:IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi), the connection uses its own Nintendo format. The radius of the local network from 10 to 30 meters depending on conditions.
  • Control:touch screen, built-in microphone for voice recognition, A / B / X / Y buttons, D-Pad, L / R keys, Start and Select buttons
  • Working hours:6-10 hours
  • Weight:275 grams
  • Dimensions:148.7 × 84.7 × 28.9 mm

2006 - Nintendo DS Lite | NDSL / DSL
Nintendo dsLite(NDSL, DSL)
Attached Image

Description:
Nintendo DS Lite (often abbreviated to DSLite) is a portable two-screen gaming console designed and manufactured by Nintendo. This is a lighter, thinner, improved version of the Nintendo DS with a more “smooth” design (elements of which are borrowed from Game Boy Advance SP), intended for a wider audience.

As of March 31, 2011, Nintendo DS Lite 's global sales volume was 93.06 million.

Differences from DS:

Weight:218 g (21% lighter)
Dimensions:133 × 73.9 × 21.5 mm (vs. 148.7 × 84.7 × 28.9 mm - 42% less volume)
Battery:The battery lasts longer. Full three-hour charging lasts for 15-19 hours with low screen brightness or 5-9 hours with high brightness. DS came with a 850 mAh battery, the DSLite already has a 1000 mAh battery.
Screen:Brighter and more durable LCD screens with four levels of brightness.
Aksussuary:Larger stylus, which is more convenient to hold in your hand. The stylus now comes in a more convenient way, on the right side of the device.
Buttons:D-pad reduced to 18.6 mm (16%), although the control buttons A, B, X, Y have retained their size. D-pad design is the same as the Wii Remote and Game Boy micro.
Power usage:Microprocessors are the same as in DS, but they are made using finer technology and therefore consume less energy.
2008 - Nintendo DSi | NDSi / DSi
NintendoDSi(NDSi, DSi)
Attached Image

Description:
Nintendo DSi is the third model of the Nintendo DS game console from Nintendo. Has replaced the Nintendo DS Lite game console. The presentation took place on October 2, 2008 in Tokyo. From November 1, 2008, available in Japan at a price of 18,900 yen. As of November 30, 2008, more than half a million units of the new gaming console have been sold. Sales of Nintendo DSi in Australia began on April 2, 2009, in Europe on April 3, in North America - on April 5.

Differences from DS Lite:
Dimensions:12% thinner than NDS Lite
Camera:Two VGA-resolution cameras (0.3 megapixels) [4] on the outside and inside near the microphone
Screen:3.25-inch screen (NDS Lite - 3 inches)
Sound:Improved speaker
Connectors:Removed GBA-connector. Thereby, backward compatibility with GBA and devices using this connector is terminated.
Memory:Added 256 MB internal flash memory
SDHC:Added SDHC slot
2010 - Nintendo DSi XL | NDSi XL / DSiXL
Nintendo dsiXL(NDSi XL, DSiXL)
Attached Image

Differences from DSi:
The main differences from the previous version of the console in its size. Now the console has got a 4.2 "display. Unfortunately, the resolution of the image remains the same, so now the player’s eyes have already seen quite large pixels. With the console the stylus was supplied in a pen form factor, the connector for which was not provided in the console itself.

Games and accessories:

Popular IGN Games
Attached Image

1. New Super Mario Bros
2. Mario Kart DS
3. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
4. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
5. The World Ends With You
6. Tetris DS
7. Metroid Prime Hunters
8. Meteos
9. Pokemon Diamond / Pearl / Platinum
10. Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
11. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
12. Animal Crossing: Wild World
13. Nintendogs
14. Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword
15. Guitar Hero On Tour
16. Elite Beat Agents
17. Sonic Rush
18. Kirby Canvas Curse
19. Final Fantasy Tactics A2
20. N +
21. Puzzle Quest
22. Picross DS
23. Space Invaders Extreme
24. Planet Puzzle League
25. Tony Hawk's American Sk8land
Game cards
Nintendo Game Cards, positioned as Game Cards, a format of media cartridges designed to distribute video games for the Nintendo DS and 3DS platforms. These cartridges are a more compact version of game media for consoles of the previous generation, such as Gameboy Advance. The carriers can be from 8 to 512MB in size, and have a small amount of EEPROM memory for storing settings and game progress.
Accessories
Rumble Pak - adds vibration function
Attached Image

Guitar hero controller
Attached Image

Firmware / homebrew:

Firmware
Flash cartridges
To run DS games on DSi
Flash cartridges fromR4ithey start only DS games and work on DSi 1.0.0-1.4.5 firmware.
All R4i SDHC family cartridges are the same.Instructions on the use of flash cartridge r4isdhc.com.

R4iSDHC Dual-Core
Included is a microSD card reader. Firmware Wood R4 with support for the Russian language and sorting games into folders.

R4iSDHC RTS Lite
Included is a microSD card reader. TTmenu or YSmenu firmware. There is a function RTS - real-time save, saving and loading games at any time by pressing a combination of buttons.

R4i Gold 3DS Plus
The updated version of 2018, two modes of operation that are selected by a switch on the cartridge board - launch DS games or ntrboot for 2ds / 3ds firmware.
Included is a microSD card reader. Firmware Wood R4 with support for the Russian language and sorting games into folders, support for RTS.

To run DS games on DS Fat / Lite

R4 Revolution
The simplest and cheapest flash drive only for DS Fat / DS Lite, supports microsd up to 2GB. System menu Wood R4 or YSmenu.

Acekard 2i
Classic popular USB flash drive, system menu AKAIO. Works on DS Fat / DS Lite, DSi 1.44.

To run GBA games

Supercard MiniSD (Slot-2)
Powered by miniSD (or microSD with an adapter) up to 2GB. USB flash drive for GBA games, works on DS Fat / Lite. There is a small minus - some games with a large number of objects on the screen slow down a bit, but it is possible to play. Also, many games can be patched to work without brakes.

EZ-Flash Omega (Slot-2)
The newest cartridge from EZ-Flash 2018, works on microSD up to 32GB. USB flash drive for GBA games, works only on DS Fat / Lite. Unlike the Supercard MiniSD, the games do not slow down on it, there is support for realtime save, realtime clock, softreset, cheat codes for games, instant download of games. Included is an additional reduced size case for ds lite, the cartridge will not stick out of the console. At the moment, this is the best flash drive for GBA, it is worth buying if you need the perfect quality of game operation.

Time bomb
Cartridges from the so-called “Time Bomb” (a considerable part of DSTT-clones do not work on the system clock after a certain date has expired) will also not be able to run. * Nds-files after the “bomb” has triggered. R4i has stitched a restriction on the use of their card up to a certain year in the R4.dat file and the shell (there is no restriction in the BIOS card).

Workarounds:

1. Translate the clock a few years ago.
2. You need to go to the "fan" shell of YS Menu, and then put the modified R4.dat file in the root, which will automatically launch the new shell.

Post has been editedburlito - 03.11.18, 12:25
Wowasic
Message#22
07.03.16, 10:38
video game lover
[offline]

Messages 1301
Check in: 12.01.14
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Standard

people, tell me, in the Japanese DS lite, you can set the English language in the menu? Or somehow reflash / change region?
KupcaH
Message#23
07.03.16, 14:27
User
[online]

Messages 78
Check in: 27.11.07
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930

As I understand it, nothing can be done with the Japanese women of any generation. Only in pirate homebrew linkers will be English / Russian

--------------------
Message#24
07.03.16, 16:29
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1443
Check in: 20.04.08
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

But why not? There's only time to adjust the menu and everything, then it is not necessary.
Wowasic
Message#25
07.03.16, 16:39
video game lover
[offline]

Messages 1301

eh, the DS DS collection from me is gone :( Now it's all the same) In general, which is better, DSi or DS lite? In bark, I’m bored with GB games compatibility, but DSi is thinner. But the most important thing for me is the battery life ... What device lives longer with active use?
nccom
Message#26
07.03.16, 22:33
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1443
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

DSi XL is the best :) And so light lives longer but there are crap and small screens ... plus we don’t forget that all the lights now have very old and half-dead batteries so that in practice dsi / dsi xl can work longer.
Wowasic
Message#27
08.03.16, 16:22
video game lover
[offline]

Messages 1301

DSi XL is the best :)

It is possible, but I don’t need another brick :) The main thing is size and autonomy. PSP GO suited me all in this regard, except for the battery. Having played DS games on 3DS-ke, I really wanted to take the previous generation. Plus DS Lite also costs 2k against 4k for DSi-ku. As for the screen, did the DSi’s 4mm excess surface get so much better?
nccom
Message#28
09.03.16, 13:02
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1443
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

Personally, I like dsi much more - the screens are better and larger in size, the buttons click and not the rubber bands as on the bar, digital (!) Brightness and volume control at any time.
AstraVE
Message#29
09.03.16, 18:44
You wanna play too?
[offline]

Messages 2223
Check in: 16.02.09
Apple iPhone 6

But I regretted that I had acquired a new DS Lite for myself a month ago. We had to look for a normal used 3DS. Even the simplest. Games on it are noticeably better + backward compatible with DS. Even though I have an AceCard 2i and 3in1 cartridge in a GBA slot on this one, there's little point. I won’t play vseravno in many hits with 3DS, but GBA games work fine on my PSP in the emulator (it's also more convenient on the PSP to control).

--------------------
“Each of us has a time machine: what brings memories to the past; what carries into the future - dreams. "
nccom
Message#30
09.03.16, 19:41
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1443
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

Very controversial. I have all sorts of 3Ds and I will never play them in a game ds in my life, a weakling after scaling looks different for a different screen resolution, the striped top screen in 2D mode too.
GBA yes, it is more convenient on the emulator, but it is better to use the android, on the psp heavy games (golden sun) slow down.
Wowasic
Message#31
09.03.16, 20:02
video game lover
[offline]

Messages 1301

I have a slightly different problem. 3DS is also there, as well as Vita, as well as PSP GO. But I often go on business trips, sometimes to places where electricity is tight. 3DS-ka lives no more than 5 hours, to the same very quickly sits down in standby mode. Vita is about the same, although I manage to “stretch” it for 2-3 days. PSP GO with a ketai battery in general took with itself once - 3 hours and died. A business trip happens at least a week, for the total of 4 days I manage to play in the evening, the rest 3 or more only helps the book. I need a power bank to charge my phone. You can buy another one, but it costs like a DS. I was very pleased with the games with DS, but I would especially like to play Geymboe's vryat. Another important factor is the size and resistance to scratches and dust. I would like to carry less trash with myself, and then half a gruntz of gadgets: a laptop, 2 batteries to it, 2 phones, a book, a player, a power bank, and also a console ... gut. In general, the issue of battery life is most acute, I plan to play with an R4 SDHC cartridge.
Well, my DSi has come. I got a very old and battered console life) All in minor scratches and scuffs. The screens and buttons are in excellent condition, so everything suits me.
Now about the impressions. I'm just in shock! When compared with the current generation, namely with the new 3DS and the new 3DS XL, DSi has almost no flaws! The dimensions of the DSi are almost the same as those of the new 3DS, only the weight of the DSi is much smaller. Well, now, in fact, to the disadvantages of new 3DS, which DSi does not have) The first drawback is that new 3DS clogs the dust between the screens. In DSi, the top screen with sides and dust does not get into the closed console: D. The second drawback is the backlash of the upper screen, both in the new 3DS and in the new 3DS XL. DSi doesn't have one! Well, a couple of little things: the cartridge in the back is much more convenient and the styluses of new 3DS and new 3DS XL are just a shame!
What DSi did not like was the location of the cross, it would be a little higher, and then the thumb gets tired. The base of games at DS is huge, and among them is just a bunch of masterpieces of its time. The graphics quality is about PS1, which makes me very happy. Eyes do not get tired of the screens in the dark (hello new 3DS and PS vita: D) What really impressed me was the speed of work - it turns on / off and starts any DSi game instantly, not like modern consoles!
In addition, there is another extremely important point: the native battery has 900 A / h, but Ali has copies of 2000 A / h and more. As soon as I get a fat Ketai battery, I’ll make sure that I rearrange it myself)
KupcaH
Message#32
23.03.16, 14:41
User
[online]

Messages 78
Check in: 27.11.07
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930

Wowasic, thanks for such a review. At the beginning of March, I also took a shabby condition, but the screens and buttons (with the exception of L, R bumpers) are in excellent condition. I figured out the bumpers by disassembling the case and bathing the buttons in 96% alcohol and then clicking on it and working like new ones :) The day before yesterday Ace3DS + arrived - it works with a bang. But it is worth considering that the site from the developers does not plow already and I had to blink with the search for the latest firmware. When I ordered - everything was ok, but for now I’ve got a caricature - the site no longer plows)))

--------------------
Message#33
19.04.16, 09:49
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 12
Check in: 26.10.11

Can someone help in finding the firmware for the r4 cartridge?
Attached Image
Attached Image

r4isdhc.cc - does not work. Or tell me what to do to play with it?
nccom
Message#34
26.04.16, 01:56
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1443
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

Try this:
Attached fileR4_2012.zip(4.43 MB)
3dsres
Message#35
12.05.16, 10:18
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 25
Check in: 12.10.15

The question is whether the Gateway blue cartridge fits DS Lite games. If so, how much flash should be taken. Now it's hard to find 2gb cards, are large volumes supported?
nccom
Message#36
12.05.16, 11:01
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1443
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

Suitable, up to 32GB.
hasyker
Message#37
13.05.16, 16:19
Local
[offline]

Messages 119
Check in: 06.07.13

Tell me, is it possible to switch the image to the upper screen for games from GB?
nccom
Message#38
13.05.16, 17:42
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1443
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

Yes, if we are talking about ds fat and ds light. There, in the settings of the prefix itself, it is set where to display the picture from the game GBa.
Wowasic
Message#39
15.05.16, 11:46
video game lover
[offline]

Messages 1301

Finally got it startedthisbattery (it came in a couple of weeks). The battery turned out to be useless junk - the DSi lives with it for a little more than an hour, while the native battery 5 years ago holds a charge for about 3 hours.
nccom
Message#40
15.05.16, 16:02
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1443
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

More than expected result. At one time I tried to find decent Chinese batteries to bring them up for sale, but in the end I did not find it. Even verified sellers who claimed that their very best product was solid trash.
For example:
Attached Image

Battery for DS Lite, declared capacity 1800mAh, measured capacity on a digital charger Imax B6 - 307mAh. Akkum apparently sealed and new, just cut a hole in the package to cling to the contacts. The capacity of the original battery is 1000mAh in light, so this Chinese garbage will work 3-3.5 times less than the original.

By the way, the same situation with the majority of Chinese batteries for phones, tablets and so on.
Wowasic
Message#41
16.05.16, 16:59
video game lover
[offline]

Messages 1301

* nccom,in general, I expected something similar, but not so bad. The ketai battery for my old cell phone was very decent.

26 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/29/19, 00:23