ZyXEL / Keenetic LTE - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, tips, problem solving

Rep: (129)
ZyXEL Keenetic LTE - Discussion

A photo:
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Description:
Keenetic LTE Internet Center is a permanent Internet access and digital telephone service for your country house, apartment or small office. It can be connected to the Internet via a 4G LTE cellular network, via a dedicated Ethernet line, through ADSL / PON modems with an Ethernet port, and even through 3G / 4G USB modems. If uninterrupted Internet access is important for you, you can connect the Internet center to two providers at the same time. In case of a failure in the network of the main provider, the Internet center will quickly switch to working with the backup one.
With Keenetic LTE Internet Center, you can simultaneously access the Internet from several smartphones, tablets and laptops via Wi-Fi, play online games, participate in file-sharing networks, use TVs with the Smart TV function. For devices that you want to allow to use your Internet connection, but do not want to provide access to home devices, you can enable the guest wireless network.
You can connect an ordinary telephone and fax to two telephone ports of the Internet center and call telephone numbers in any cities of the world. Digital telephony operators offer tariff plans that reduce the cost of long-distance and international calls, get a phone number in your city and access to a variety of additional services.
Keenetic LTE is equipped with a multifunctional USB host, thanks to which you can open network access to a USB drive via FTP from the Internet or from your home network via DLNA, as well as provide shared access to a USB printer. The BitTorrent client application will allow around the clock to participate in file-sharing networks, relieving the computer of this load.
Thanks to the integrated NetFriend Quick Setup Wizard, any user, regardless of the level of knowledge in computers and networks, can set up and launch an Internet center in a matter of minutes.
Specifications:
Specifications

Main features

Connect to the Internet via LTE networks with an integrated LTE modem
Built-in dual-port telephone adapter SIP standard for connecting a phone with a landline number through modern digital telephony operators
Connect to the Internet through any provider over Fast or Gigabit Ethernet, with any authentication method (PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP, 802.1X, 802.1Q VLAN)
Link Duo technology for simultaneous work on the Internet via PPTP / L2TP / PPPoE and with resources of the regional network servers
Ability to connect to Internet service providers providing services based on VLAN (IEEE 802.1Q)
The ability to assign multiple additional physical WAN interfaces to the ports of the integrated Ethernet switch (Multiple WAN)
Internet connection reservation via 3G / 4G USB modems and additionally assigned WAN interfaces
VPN server for secure access to your home network from the Internet from any computer, smartphone or tablet
Hardware support for IP TVTVport to watch TV on IPTV receivers and computers, including via Wi-Fi
SPI DDoS Protection Firewall
Wireless IEEE 802.11n MIMO 2x2 300 Mbps Interface
Multifunctional USB host controller for 3G / 4G modems, network usage of USB printers and USB drives
Built-in BitTorrent Transmission Client
Built-in Internet filter Yandex.DNS
Parental control SkyDNS
Supported features and protocols

IPoE / PPPoE / PPTP / L2TP / 802.1X
Multiple PPP Tunnel Support for Internet Access and Virtual Private Networking (VPN)
PAP / CHAP / MS-CHAP / MS-CHAP v2
MPPE (Auto / 40/56/128)
Full-featured IEEE 802.1Q VLAN implementation
TVport technology
Link Duo Technology
DHCP (client / server)
Work with static IP address
Dual stack IPv4 + IPv6, working without additional settings. 6in4 tunnel for access to IPv6 from IPv4 networks
The mechanism of address translation (Full feature NAT) with the support of several external IP-addresses.
Route table (DHCP / manual)
Firewall with connection control and flexible filtering rules
Port forwarding with the ability to select a destination port in the local network
Reassigning Network Interface Roles
Automatic Port Forwarding (UPnP)
Blocking Internet access based on MAC address, IP address, TCP / UDP ports
IGMPv1 / IGMPv2 (IGMP proxy, IGMP snooping)
VPN connection transit (PPTP or L2TP)
DynDNS and NO-IP client
Built-in LTE modem
Complies with 3GPP release 8, category 3
Frequency ranges:
791 - 862 MHz (Band 20, FDD)
1800 MHz (Band 3, FDD)
2500 - 2690 MHz (Band 7, FDD)
Data transfer rate:
up to 100 Mbit / s per subscriber
up to 50 Mbit / s from the subscriber
Possible channel width: 5, 10, 15 and 20 MHz
Built-in MIMO 2x2 antenna
IP telephony

Protocols: SIP v2, SDP, RTP, RTCP
Work with two SIP accounts
The ability to use backup SIP Proxy, Outbound Proxy, STUN-servers
DTMF Signal Transmission: PCM, SIP Info, RFC 2833
Voice Coding Algorithms (Codecs): G.711 A / Ој-Law, G.726, G.729
Choosing the length of the audio frame in the RTP package
Digital echo cancellation (G.168)
Voice Break Control (VAD)
Comfort Noise Generation (CNG)
Fax Transmission (G.711 FAX Passthrough, T.38 FAX Relay)
Quality Management (QoS) for SIP, RTP and RTCP protocols
Work with caller ID (Caller ID / CLIR)
Pulse dialing support
Voice Message Notification (MWI)
DigitMap RFC3435 Templates
Phonebook (Hot Line / Warm Line / Speed ​​Dial)
Call Forwarding (Call Forward / Call Transfer / Call Return)
Call Waiting
Call Hold
Do Not Disturb (DND)
Trilateral Conference
Wi-Fi wireless network
IEEE 802.11 b / g
IEEE 802.11n (auto 20/40 MHz, 2x2 configuration, up to 300 Mbps)
Complies with IEEE 802.11 b / g / n standards
Frequency range: 2.400 GHz - 2.4835 GHz (channels 1 - 13)
Channel Width: 20/40 MHz
Integrated 2x2 MIMO Antenna
WEP / WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK network protection, MAC access control
Organization of up to four independent wireless networks on a Wi-Fi access point (Multiple SSID)
Quick WPS Setup
Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM)
USB applications
Multifunctional USB host controller with simultaneous operation of multiple devices via a USB hub
Supports over 70 models of USB-modems 3G and 4G mobile Internet (LTE)
Network usage of USB-drives with FAT / FAT32 / EXT2 / EXT3 / NTFS / HFS + file systems:
Microsoft Windows Network Sharing
FTP server with access from the Internet, passive mode, up to 10 simultaneous connections
Transmission Torrent Client
Management of access rights to information on USB-drives at the directory level
Network printing on a compatible USB printer (except GDI printers)
Design features
MediaTek MT63368F 700 MHz processor with network hardware accelerator
128 MB DDR2 SDRAM
Built-in LTE Modem
Built-in Wi-Fi hotspot
Integrated IP Telephony Adapter
5 Gigabit Ethernet ports with cable auto-sensing
USB 2.0 Port (Type A)
2 SMA sockets for external LTE antenna
Mini-SIM card slot
2 FXS ports for analog phones and faxes
8 indicators on the front panel
Active LTE Antenna Switch
Wi-Fi network control button
Assignable button (FN)
Power button
Reset Button
Physical parameters

Dimensions - 257 x 205 x 78 mm excluding antennas
Weight - 0.55 kg without power adapter
terms of Use

Operating temperature range: 0 to +40 В° C
Relative humidity: from 20 to 95% non-condensing
Power supply voltage: AC 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz
Diagnostics and control

Web configurator in Russian
Professional configuration interface via the command line (Cisco like CLI)
Configuration text file
The ability to control from the external network (web configurator / CLI)
Backup and restore configuration
Software update features
System log
Equipment

Keenetic LTE Internet Center
Wall mount bracket
Power adapter 12V DC, 2A from AC mains 100 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz
Adapter for installing micro-SIM cards in a mini-SIM slot
Ethernet cable
Instructions for use
Warranty card
http://zyxel.ru/keenetic-lte
Useful links:
Wide board photo:
Choosing the right bands
telnet _ip_
enter login and password
(config)>interface LTE

let's see what they offer us:
(config-if)>lte band?(after the band, after a space, put a question mark or press Tab)

see available options.
Usage template:
band {band}
Choose:

for example, if we want to use only 3 and 7 bands, we write:
(config-if)>lte band 3.7
(config-if)>exit
(config)>copy running-config startup-config(not necessarily on version 2.11.D.0.0-2, and so it is preserved)

We fix TTL (starting from 2.09.A.3.0-0 :)
telnet _ip_
enter login and password

(config)>interface LTE ip adjust-ttl send {ttl} - numeric value

You can also decrease or increase by N:
(config)>interface LTE ip adjust-ttl inc 1

After the changes do not forget to remain:
(config)>copy running-config startup-config

This theme also works for USB modems, just remember to change the interface name :)
LTE signal quality parameters
Attached Image
If you need to enable data transfer in roaming
1. Update the router to version 2.11.C.1.0-3
2. In the CLI, use the commands:
interface LTE lte init AT% NOTIFYEV = "ROAM", 1
system configuration save

Fresh software for router 2.11.D.0.0-1
Latest current NDMS version2.11.D.1.0-0
link to forum kinetics -tyts
How to install the latest version:
1) telnet on the router, log in
2) in the command line write - components list legacy
3) go to the web-muzzle and update to the latest relevant as usual.

Important!
  • In this router, the SIM card slot is designed only for work with mobile Internet, you need a SIP operator to make calls.

• IMEI change is not possible!

• The router works only in LTE (4G). Work in 3G is possible only with an additional usb-modem.

There is no official curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS. Or in koumiss to the user msya :)

Post has been editedstp101 - 26.07.19, 23:12
Reason for editing: Stable unofficial firmware version 2.11.D.3.0-0 of 07/23/2019 for Keenetic LTE

Rep: (53)
Msya @ 06/03/2015, 13:10*
in general, as always, they again cheated on us (
here is a description of three good toys that, along the way, will not reach us (

IMHO, if it does, it’s possible to buy over the hill or bring it with you “as a souvenir” from a business trip. The main thing is that when sending a mail, the competent authorities do not see an attempt on sovereignty in this device (because the people buy all kinds of crap for dual purposes, and then the customs and the FSB seize these toys and give the customer a turnip! Example:Customs officers began to fine for the import of gadgets without the permission of the FSB): blush:

Posted on 06/03/2015, 13:52:

Zuchel LTE5621

The pleasantness of a device at 300 Mbps for reception. : yes2:

Post has been editedcitrixserver - 03.06.15, 15:33
Reason for editing: Added a link to the article

here is a description of three good toys that, along the way, will not reach us (

Here is another description.Russian children have some of the toys, and some of them are again not available: girl_cray:
And here's anotherone interesting brochure

Post has been editedcitrixserver - 04.06.15, 14:01

Citrixserver @ 05/26/2015, 9:28 PM*
Horror! LTE7410-A214

There is also about her

Rep: (1)
What can I hear when it will be on sale?

SUN @ 06/15/2015, 9:45 PM*
What can I hear when it will be on sale?

Abrupt marketing move: the complete lack of information about the start of sales only excites the mind in anticipation of the miracle of iron: girl_cray:

Rep: (9)
I must say, a worthy miracle of iron. I had a chance to drive Zyxel LTE 6101 and Zyxel Keenetic LTE at the same time. Many thoughts, many considerations. I even got together to write an article on this subject. Will be in the week. I think, in order not to litter the topic, I’ll just drop the link here.
In short: if you want a good Internet out of the box and have money, take 6101. There is a bit of free time and you want to save - your choice is Keenetic LTE + antenna.
P.S. There is a question about the unsystematic hang of Keenetic LTE. Ready to give logs.

Post has been editedWOOF11 - 04.07.15, 19:28

Rep: (24)
I decided here to install my antenna on the mast, I bought a 14-meter non-expensive telescopic mast for a little more than 3000 rubles. The first time I didn’t succeed, I lifted the antenna too high and hit the edge of pine branches, and the extension cable broke for evil, I overdid it too much with crimping the cable ring. I took into account all my previous mistakes and finally installed the antenna normally, one of course couldn’t do such an operation, my wife and son helped :). As a result, the mast length was 11 meters, almost one mast knee was left not extended.
Antenna on the mast.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

I tormented my Keenetic LTE for too long and broke off its SMA connectors while it is under repair, I use the first Keenetic LTE prototype with firmware v.1 for my purposes, there is practically no difference in working with LTE, the same modem with only a little old firmware. There are 2 cables with a length of 12 meters from the antenna, the cable brand 5D-FB, I thought that there would be high losses, but it turned out they were practically nonexistent. In addition, he extended another STP cable to the house and connected it to an access point, which ensures reliable wifi operation in the house.

The first Keenetic LTE prototype.
Attached Image
Attached Image

At the moment we have a strong squally wind in the area, the antenna shakes a little, but not much, with such a windage of the antenna, I thought it would be worse. Basically, I was worried that she would be talking side to side and the cables would not withstand, fall to a neighbor on a site with which we are a little out of control :), fortunately, the mast practically does not swing and has been standing rooted for 2 weeks. Just now I took measurements of signal quality and speeds.

Signal quality and speed.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Usually, in calm weather, the speed reaches 20Mbps for reception, and up to 3-4Mbps for transmission, the wind really affects the work, pine trees swinging branches greatly cover the space. In the rain, as it turned out, this dependence is less, unless of course it does not pour out of a bucket and there is no strong wind.

I was given the hands of the Huawei B880-75 to test with me, to be honest, I was not impressed, it merges kinetics under the same conditions, maybe of course the whole thing is in the firmware ...

Huawei B880-75.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

As soon as Keenetic LTE returns from repair, I will post all its measurements on the new antenna ...

Post has been editedMcMCC - 05.07.15, 17:03

In short: if you want a good Internet out of the box and have money, take 6101. There is a bit of free time and you want to save - your choice is Keenetic LTE + antenna.

Not everything is so simple in this life, the 6101 antennas for 6101 are not my case, even if I lose 2 dBi on the cable, then the antenna turns out to be 18 dBi, this is exactly the very minimum that I need.

McMCC @ 07/05/2015, 17:01*
I was given the hands of the Huawei B880-75 to test with me, to be honest, I was not impressed, it merges kinetics under the same conditions, maybe of course the whole thing is in the firmware ...

Lotus firmware is the last one adapted for Russia. And as I see RSRP in Lotus -112 (better), and in Zixel -117. Again, Lotus's RSRQ is quite normal -7. BS and IMHO sector are the same. Why is the speed lower in the end?

Posted on 07/05/2015, 22:16:

As soon as Keenetic LTE returns from repair, I will post all its measurements on the new antenna ...

If it does not bother you, then pliz take measurements fromnative iota meter: yes2:

Lotus firmware is the last one adapted for Russia. And as I see RSRP in Lotus -112 (better), and in Zixel -117. Again, Lotus's RSRQ is quite normal -7. BS and IMHO sector are the same. Why is the speed lower in the end?

This is exactly what I don’t understand, but the measurements were made several times in a row, the return values ​​are almost the same, but Huawei’s reception is much lower.

If it does not bother you, then pliz take measurements from your own iota meter

Alas, this page does not work ....

McMCC @ 07/06/2015, 00:56*
That’s what I don’t understand

You can only sin on Lotus firmware ...
McMCC @ 07/06/2015, 00:56*
Alas, this page does not work ....

Surprised: yes2:
I only use it (or rather all three servers)
Attached Image

Rep: (1)
It is through Yotu that it does not work. Through online it worked.
I for my purposes use the first prototype Keenetic LTE with firmware v.1

Judging by the screenshot on the prototype 64MB of RAM? On the release model, it seems to be 128MB.
- On the release model, will v1 firmware be available?

Post has been editeddrugold - 06.07.15, 13:29

Drugold @ 07/06/2015, 13:26*
Judging by the screenshot on the prototype 64MB of RAM? On the release model, it seems to be 128MB.

So it is, plus the SPI flash drive itself, and not NAND.

Drugold @ 07/06/2015, 13:26*
- On the release model, will v1 firmware be available?

It exists, but only without VoIP support. If it is interesting, then after some time I can lay it out .....

Posted on 07/07/2015, 00:12:

Surprised

Me too, no less than yours. Only speedtest.spb.yota.ru works ...

McMCC @ 07/07/2015 00:12*
If it is interesting, then after some time I can lay it out .....

A sacramental question for you: when do you think the subject will go on sale? For it is already in the fall. : girl_cray:
Many thoughts, many considerations. I even got together to write an article on this subject. Will be in the week. I think, in order not to litter the topic, I’ll just drop the link here.

Waiting for your report. Respect in advance.

Well, here IMHO there is a third way: to upgrade the external unit from LTE6100 | 6101 from + 13dB to ... the external panel MIMO needed in a particular farm (this is simply easier) or 2 external Yagi. You ask what for?
I’ll answer simply: Have the marketers of Ziksel done research on how many users need this device and what is their position on the ground relative to the BS? Apparently, if the studies were done, IMHO their result is "On average in a hospital the distance from the BS to the user is up to 6.5 km (13 dB for a frequency of 2600 on average will have an effect at a distance of up to 6.5 km)."
ZY
Applicable to me: From me to the BS in the neighboring area in direct line of sight (taking into account the topography of the terrain) for 3-4 tiers of the Iota BS - 7.72 km. Thus, at least I need + 16dB. While in the countryside I use another router (Huawei B593s-22) withMIMO + 20dB. "Dream idiot LTE6100" exiled to work in the city in "more greenhouse conditions."

Rep: (0)
Something I can not find on the hill

Rep: (129)
Something I can not find on the hill

Of all these new products that were announced in May (kinetics of LTE with us, LTE3311 and other varieties in Europe) - nothing has been sold anywhere else (

in our opinion this is what the official zuchel writes

Thank you for your interest in our products.
This device is currently undergoing certification. We expect it to be ready for testing by the 20th of July.
We ask you to contact us again by this time, thank you.

either this is really so, or in the first tests they found a lot of jambs, and they still finish the software ...

Gathered and wrotean article. Even at one time and in one place I tested 6101 and Keenetic LTE + antenna. There he indicated the antenna with which he established communication. It has been working for two weeks, VoIP is working confidently, sometimes it starts to stutter if someone is especially actively starting to surf. Can someone tell me if Kinetics have QoS?

either this is really so, or in the first tests they found a lot of jambs, and they still finish the software ...

So far, they are not finishing anything there. Of the latter, there are changes in the web interface and sent the latest firmware for the LTE modem - ALT3100_05_00_02_00_49_TF.

WOOF11 @ 07/10/2015, 16:09*
It has been working for two weeks, VoIP is working confidently, sometimes it starts to stutter if someone is especially actively starting to surf. Can someone tell me if Kinetics have QoS?

The processor has hardware primitization for VoIP, its own separate core. The problem can only occur at the quality level of the channel or SLIC drivers ...

Posted on 07/10/2015, 17:19:

You can only sin on Lotus firmware ...

Already I don’t know what to sin on, several approaches and all are not successful. Not only are the speeds small, there are still problems in the firmware itself, apparently with a DNS proxy ...

I use a separate VoIP device that is connected to a router. The built-in adapter is not suitable for several reasons.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/09/19, 20:48