107 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Wintel CX-W8 - Discussion | TV Box on intel Atom Z3735F processor
How did you turn your subject into a BRICK?
How did you turn your subject into a BRICK?
Killed with USB settings in the BIOS. [ 44 ] ** [38,94%]
I requested the wrong BIOS. [ 22 ] ** [19,47%]
Killed in his extravagant way. Write a method in the subject. [ 47 ] ** [41,59%]
Total votes: 113

machetekills
Message#1
23.03.15, 16:33
Experienced
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 472
Check in: 30.03.14

DiscussionWintel CX-W8
PictureTv box
Discussion Discussion WintelProCx-w8
LINUX on UEFI 32/64 bit Windows 8-8.1 | Windows 10 Porting firmware to devices with a Bay [Cherry] Trail processor, Android, Linux

F.A.Q
1st commandment for the subject:DO NOT TOUCH USB SETTINGS IN UEFI!

UEFI is not protectedfrom your crooked hands, highly recommenddo not enter UEFI, there is little that can be done useful, butkill is very easy.

What is the bit depth of the predefined axis? 32bit
Is it possible to install Windows XP / 7 / Vista on our subject? You can’t, these OSs do not support booting via UEFI, take advantage of virtual machine technology, such as VMWare.
Can I install 64 bit windows? no, our ufi only supports 32 bit windows
In a Bios or UEFI device? UEFI32bit.
Is it possible to run Grub4dos on this machine? No, Grub4dos does not support 32-bit whith!
Can I install Linux with a second system? Yes details in thistopic
How to find out which revision of my subject?Answer
Specifications
Intel Baytrail Z3735F
CPU speed up to 1.83Ghz (Z3735F)
Intel HD Graphics (Gen7)
RAM 2GB DDR3L
Operation System Windows 8.1 with Bing
I / O ports Micro SD slot x1 yes
USB port Type A USB * 2 yes
LAN port (RJ45) yes
AV out Audio out yes
optical audio no
HDMI output yes
Communication Wifi 802.11b / g / n yes
Bluetooth 4.0 yes
Power Adapter 5V 3A
Plastic material
weight unknown
size unknown
equipment: 1 device itself 2 power supply 3 manual 4 hdmi

Photo and video
Modification
UEFI
Useful information
the prefix can be connected to a TV set without hdmi,This widi or miracast is not known. while the device is not in hand, the technical specification may not be accurate; the information was taken from sellers in aliexpress, and how accurate the information is, no one can confirm it.this is Miracast.
you can buyhere In the device from the box is not activated windows, you need to hack !!!It is best to reinstall Windows, the stock assembly of Windows freezes!
INFORMATION

��� ���� download

AND FOR EVERYONE !!!

OF site of the manufacturer

Information about 64 bit ufi

Program to enter the Android section through Windows
Increase video memory in BIOS
Instructions
Reinstall Windows
1. USB keyboard
2. USB flash drive
3. Actually Wintel cx-w8 itself
Everything is? Then let's go!
1. Download your favorite windows 8-8.1-10, only 32 bits
2. We take a flash drive, format it in fat32 and rename it to "WINPE"
3. Turn on the device, press Esc until we get to UEFI
4. In the last tab there will be a list of why to boot, and there will be our flash drive. We are loaded with her.
5. After rebooting, Windows will boot. It remains to roll up the drivers we need, configure for ourselves, and of course "Authenticate"
DriversAttached fileDrv_CX-W8_v2.7z(35.83 MB)
fromMBTYinstructionfrom machetekills
Driver installation procedure
MBTY @ 03/28/2015, 07:35*
Step-by-step instructions for installing drivers on the Wintel CX-W8 in Windows 8.1.
Posted by: MBTY
Site:savagemessiahzine.com

First, open the 01-Manual folder. Here are the device drivers that need to be installed manually NOT THROUGH THE DEVICE CONTROLLER AND IN A SPECIFIC SEQUENCE.
Folders are numbered in the desired sequence. The devices are tied together, and therefore installation in a different sequence does not allow you to configure other devices.
Also, after the numbering of the folders, the characters (++ or -) “++” follow, which means that after installing this driver, it is necessary to reboot. "-" - rebooting is optional.
1) Open the folder "01 ++ I2C Controller", right-click on the file oem14.inf and select "Install". We are overloaded.
2) We do the same with the 02 ++ Intel (R) Atom (TM) Processor GPIO Controller folder, but the installation file is now iaiogpio.inf.
3) Next, in the folders 03, 04 and 05 we look for files with the extension inf and install them.

Now is the time to install devices that remain unknown in the device manager.
First, look at the 02-DevDisp folder. Here, the folders are also numbered, but the numbering is not important here.
Simply, if everything is done according to the instructions, then the devices should be determined in this order.

1) Open the device manager. We see an unknown SDIO device and under it some more unknowns.
2) Right-click on an unknown SDIO, select "Update drivers", then "Search for drivers on this computer" and select the 02-DevDisp folder with the browse button. A WiFi adapter from Realtek is installed.
3) We do the same with all unknown devices from top to bottom in the dispatcher. Always specify the 02-DevDisp folder.
4) When the last device remains and you install it, it will turn out to be "Realtek I2S Audio Codec", after it a new unknown will appear. Install it and "Intel SST Audio Device (WDM)" will appear
5) Unknowns are over. At this stage, Lan, WiFi, BT will work for you, but there will be no sound - this is normal.
6) We open the Video adapters tab, we see the standard driver for the video card from Microsoft. We update it in the same way as the previous unknowns, again specifying the 02-DevDisp folder. An Intel HD graphics card will be installed, and sound will appear with it.
from MBTY
An alternative way to install Windows
Dualboot BIOS firmware, recording the image of Windows, android and all sections from the dual OS model
on Chuwi VI8 tablets with a single OS with S / N "VI8 ****** 150 ******"

More drivers

Alternative installation methodDualboot

UEFI Recovery Instructions
Install Linux via Rufus

WintelPRO driver backup
operating system
Brick restoration
Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact me atQMS

K
For convenience of search, inMedia consolescreated topicChoosing a media extenderAll interested persons, we invite to take part, and to render the feasible help

Post has been editedmihadom - 05.10.17, 18:43
Reason for editing: program for rebooting into android
Shoore
Message#2
24.03.15, 19:16
Guru
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 17916
Check in: 10.04.10
Samsung Galaxy Note9 Exynos

M
The topic has been moved to the section.Media consoles
The request of the top starter to bring the topic header to the requirements of the section.
MBTY
Message#3
25.03.15, 00:02
Local
[online]

Messages 142
Check in: 13.04.12
Xiaomi Redmi 1S

This game came to me today.

Immediately dismantled it. The case is disassembled like a smartphone - without bolts. (almost) Everything is monolithically assembled on a board, like a Raspberry Pi. Even a 32 GB drive (something-there Hynix) comes with a small, non-removable microchip. The only protruding part is the Wifi antenna, which is a soldered wire with some tricky figula at the end. The antenna is securely fixed in the housing on plastic grooves, and therefore will not scrape on the board). Confused box design in general. If you go from bottom to top, then this sequence goes:
1) Plastic flat cover. Removed if pry with a knife.
2) Motherboard on 4 bolts.
3) Some kind of foam briquette with a height of 0.5-1 cm.
4) Suddenly a METAL BAR 0.5-1cm high. It serves not for heat transfer (because there is a foam rubber between it and the motherboard that is firmly glued to the bar), but to make the box heavier.
5) Well, and the body.

The screw is divided into sections:
300MB (for Windows)
100MB for UEFI downloads
4GB per axis recovery image
25GB with pennies for the needs of the user.

Pros:
Out of the box, Windows 8.1 is installed, which does not require activation. Apparently he thinks that it is installed on the tablet (a small diagonal) + firewood. There is no other software.
Good wifi receiver. I don’t know what protocol there is, but it catches 4 sticks where the rest of the devices are 1-2.
In the BIOS (which is UEFI), there are some blanks about DualBoot. Windows + Android, SteamOS + Android and combinations. The android itself near Win8 is not installed. Choosing an Android boot launches a system recovery image.

CLEANING:
There is no BIOS in this garbage, there is only pure UEFI or whatever it is. I wanted to put the seven and laughed. There is no native boot from a flash drive, and I don’t have a UEFI flash drive with Windows. Therefore, I managed to bang a partition with a non-installation UEFI flash drive, but I could not deliver anything for the whole evening. For me, UEFI has always been that Mr., in which I tried not to enter as long as possible. Today I had to, but I don’t know anything about him at all. In general, I put aside the dead box until tomorrow evening. Also, due to UEFI, I don’t know if I can install Android x86. Well, if not, I’ll put some kind of Windows emulator (AMIDuOS for example).

Post has been editedMBTY - 25.03.15, 00:09
machetekills
Message#4
25.03.15, 00:21
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 472

* MBTY
about ufi, in this processor the 32bit ufi comes from the factory, the usual 64bit ufi supports win7, but the ufi installed in this box will not support windows7 !!!
if you need dual bot android / vin, then look for tablets on forums with the same processor. eghere

Post has been editedmachetekills - 25.03.15, 00:23

--------------------
MBTY
Message#5
25.03.15, 14:51
Local
[online]

Messages 142
Xiaomi Redmi 1S

I quickly installed Windows 8.1 for lunch
Tookfrom hereassembly of Windows 8.1 with Bing from 12/21/2014
Filled according to the instructions, replaced on the flash drive install.wim with your own, installed from half a kick. The system did not find many drivers (I suspect that the cutback in the version of Win that I installed is to blame. I downloaded the driversfrom here, but haven’t set yet, because I didn’t have time for lunch.
In the evening I will roll firewood and bucket x86.

Post has been editedMBTY - 25.03.15, 15:01
machetekills
Message#6
25.03.15, 15:09
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 472

* MBTY
Well you had to save the driver.
try to run Linux: blush:

P.S. Is the device warming up?

Post has been editedmachetekills - 25.03.15, 15:11

--------------------
MBTY
Message#7
25.03.15, 15:13
Local
[online]

Messages 142
Xiaomi Redmi 1S

machetekills
ByreferenceI climb into the Instructions
I climb into the instruction "on creating a flash drive in Rufus and a link to ubuntu mate 14.10" - throws it on the first page of the topic

The device is barely warm.
I have not been able to sit down after him for more than an hour in a row to play, load something.
A lot of time will be on Thursday from lunch until Saturday. I’ll conduct the tests you ask. I do not mind.

Carried all evening with firewood. A lot of things are not installed. The sound seems to be tuned, but there is no sound. Ports work, but they have exclamation points. And again, due to the fact that we have only one HDMI TV set, we had to work on raids. I wanted to put the radmin server on the box and edit it from my computer - reinstalling the firewood each time either resets the IP or does something else to the network that I can’t connect to the box over the LAN for a minute and a half. Tired, knocked out and went to play skyrim. Firewood from the topichttp: //www.freaktab.co...-W8-%28Z3735F%29/page3did not fit. There, by the way, the guys dismantled this box and laid outa photo
The yellow object is the battery.
Top gray wire - Wifi
At the bottom of the black case, a gray-white garbage with a bolt is a piece of iron.
Above a piece of iron - foam rubber, what for it would be necessary.

Post has been editedMBTY - 25.03.15, 22:22
machetekills
Message#8
25.03.15, 22:30
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 472

* MBTY
do not remove the foam rubber, the Chinese will not slip the excess, most likely it is needed so that the contacts do not close the piece of iron.
link todrivers from chuvshould fit

Post has been editedmachetekills - 25.03.15, 22:51

--------------------
mrakoz
Message#9
25.03.15, 23:14
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 12
Check in: 22.08.10

I also ordered a box for myself.
* machetekillson him do not put the seven?
MBTY
Message#10
25.03.15, 23:26
Local
[online]

Messages 142
Xiaomi Redmi 1S

machetekills
I didn’t, at all I opened it to look at the type of HDD. I thought there was something removable. I already tried these firewood. Do not roll. Tomorrow I’ll put a full nikapli not truncated 8k. It should be better.
mrakoz
I beg you, as the prefix arrives, to place the wim file from the recovery section. It weighs a lot, but kapets as necessary. 100 times he reproached himself for deleting the original structure without backup.

Post has been editedMBTY - 25.03.15, 23:53
mrakoz
Message#11
25.03.15, 23:35
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 12
Check in: 22.08.10

* MBTY
I think someone will come earlier than me, recently ordered, wait almost a month.

Post has been editedmrakoz - 25.03.15, 23:42
machetekills
Message#12
26.03.15, 00:13
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 472

on him do not put the seven?

no, but there is win7 on the 8ki engine, maybe it will be installed.
MBTY @ 03/25/2015, 20:26*
look at the type of HDD

as you already noticed there is not hdd and not ssd there emmc like on phones. In general, this and all baytrails do not support SATA.
P.S tomorrow I'll order myself: rolleyes:

Post has been editedmachetekills - 26.03.15, 00:15

--------------------
MBTY
Message#13
26.03.15, 18:01
Local
[online]

Messages 142
Xiaomi Redmi 1S

Reporting.
1) I contacted the seller, who was pushed to me by the device from Aliexpress - said that tomorrow their engineer will be at work and they will help to resolve the issue with firewood. I think either the drivers will be sent or the image of the recovery partition will be clogged.
2) Delivered Win8 + Android. Win I put 5. times on it today. As a result, so far I decided not to pay attention to the lack of firewood and work without sound and a video card (configured). Dualboot has become like a nativefrom here
3) Now you need to get Androyd for this iron. Because there is no Wi-Fi or Lan sound in the bucket (about Lan - expected)

Post has been editedMBTY - 26.03.15, 18:02
machetekills
Message#14
26.03.15, 22:47
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 472

MBTY @ 03/26/2015, 15:01*
Tomorrow their engineer will be at work and they will help resolve the issue of firewood

fine!
Because in the bucket there is no sound neither Wi-Fi nor Lan

I knew that it would be so.
Now we need to get Androyd for this iron.

This will have to be tight since there are no similar Android boxes.
ps can these drivers fitlink
pss ordered a box.

Post has been editedmachetekills - 26.03.15, 22:53

--------------------
MBTY
Message#15
27.03.15, 00:25
Local
[online]

Messages 142
Xiaomi Redmi 1S

machetekills
Firewood came up! It turned out that several unknown devices going unlikely to be some kind of "UART Controller"! As soon as the system picked them up, everything else went to install immediately: BT, some other obscure things like "Intel (R) Imaging Signal Processor 2400" and, most importantly, SOUND! Intel's HD graphics have long been established, but there was no sound without these UARTs.
In GULEEK i8 MiniBox, it turns out that only Wi-Fi is different - it was identified as an unknown device, but for it I took firewood from the driver pack from Samlab - WiFi works fine.
There are no vague pieces of iron left in the system!
I apply the driverpack shot through DoubleDriver from pure Windows 8.1. The system installed the LAN port itself, because it is not included.

P.S. Regarding firewood. Today it was experimentally revealed that they need to be put in a certain sequence. I made a backup of the system, re-installed it. I am rolling firewood - several devices have remained unknown. Later I will reveal the sequence.
P.P.S. I found a bucket that is better for the device than the othersherea certain Jocky Wilson imageandroid-x86-kitkat-gapps-rtl8723bs-kernel_3.18.8-mesa10.4.2.rarWiFi works in this assembly (already something). Sound, Lan and BT are still not supported.

UPD: I’ll be the third hour. Guess what? With firewood on Win 8.1! I did not find out the sequence of installing firewood on this box. Yesterday everything became so glorious, but, by chance, I installed firewood in the correct sequence yesterday. Now, on a clean system, I just can't get the sound to work. If there are craftsmen enthusiasts. Then I propose the following. You contact me in PM (or as it is now called) I put, TeamViewer, Ammyy Admin or whatever you want and I give you a treat with this system. Because my brain is already melting ... Now 20:22. Waiting for an hour.

Attached files

Attached fileWintel CX-W8.7z(39.22 MB)

Post has been editedMBTY - 27.03.15, 20:23
vova-55
Message#16
27.03.15, 22:10
Local
[offline]

Messages 370
Check in: 06.03.09

MBTY @ 03/27/2015, 01:25*
I did not find out the sequence of installing firewood on this box. Yesterday everything became so glorious, but, by chance, I installed firewood in the correct sequence yesterday. Now...

For some crooked drivers, it helpsthisadvice
In our topic on Chuwi VI8, drivers fromAttached fileNori_Driv.zip(75.05 MB)
Drivers are located in the archive in the "Drivers" folder, in addition to automation
driver installation in the archive is the SDI-drv.exe program.
Regarding the Double Driver program, you should know that it does not make a universal backup of drivers.
Win Bing usesWim bootand in many ways this is an extremely moody system.

Post has been editedvova-55 - 03.04.15, 22:53
MBTY
Message#17
28.03.15, 10:35
Local
[online]

Messages 142
Xiaomi Redmi 1S

I was touched by this box!
http://savepic.su/5471846.png
You must first install by clicking on the button on the corresponding inf files.
I2c controller
GPIO Controller
Gpiovirtual controller
Intel (R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface
UART Controller
EVERY TIME RESTARTING WHEN ASKED FOR!
And then climb into the device manager and install everything that remains, each time specifying the folder with the drivers. (From the cap should fit)
The trouble is that I did it 3-5 times yesterday and it didn’t work out .... I didn’t even dare to read it, because it seems that I’m missing something.
kostyamat
Message#18
29.03.15, 05:57
Solver of others problems
[offline]

Messages 3422
Check in: 07.11.09
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

Nitsche, my box is already in Kiev, maybe on Monday it will already be in my house. But tomorrow I will collect a small Linux image with a backup (if I do not swell) and,
When it comes, I’ll take off the backup of the entire eMMS. This is now the most important thing in my plans. Yes, and people, in different topics, backup will fit.
And the second in the plans - dual OS with Android, the order from the father-in-law clearly on this, nowhere to go - promised. : blush: A box was bought for him.
The seventh Windows, I think, can be raised with linear grub-uefi, but only 32-bit. Although why? I definitely won’t do it. 7 consumes more resources, all other things being equal, than the eight.
By the way, already a stable build of 10 matches has been released, I have an account on my laptop. Nitsche so, a mixture of 7s and 8s. Metro works in desktop mode. Not familiar, but comfortable enough.

Post has been editedkostyamat - 29.03.15, 06:02

--------------------
TVBoxs:MINIX Neo X5.Smart:OnePlus One CM12.1S (root + TWRP)The tablet:CHUWI Vi8 Win / RemixOS (root + TWRP-SE)
OpenMediaVault (NAS) on the Allwinner A10 mediabox
Sovtest
Message#19
29.03.15, 08:05
User
[offline]

Messages 58
Check in: 20.09.06
BenQ P50

3) Some kind of foam briquette with a height of 0.5-1 cm.

This is not a paralon block, it is a thermal interface between cpu and a piece of hardware on the case.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Pay attention to how well the IR receiver is soldered :)

Post has been edited-SunLion- - 29.03.15, 22:30
Reason for editing: Photo under spoiler
kostyamat
Message#20
31.03.15, 22:18
Solver of others problems
[offline]

Messages 3422
Check in: 07.11.09
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

I got the device today, did the cooling - it turned out to be simple, there will be time to take a video about the process. Now I'm doing a boot / install flash for Ubuntu. I'll see how it is on this device. Then I will collect the backup.

--------------------
TVBoxs:MINIX Neo X5.Smart:OnePlus One CM12.1S (root + TWRP)The tablet:CHUWI Vi8 Win / RemixOS (root + TWRP-SE)
OpenMediaVault (NAS) on the Allwinner A10 mediabox
MBTY
Message#21
31.03.15, 23:12
Local
[online]

Messages 142
Xiaomi Redmi 1S

And my wife drove me off the TV. She said that she wants to watch TV at least once a week, kek. If that - I can also help to test what.

107 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 03/28/19, 09:19