> 

Dear forum users, do not forget to encourage each other by raising your reputation.

FAQ on installing games and programs | All beginners must read

Rep: (1285)
Before you install programs or games
For convenience, we will further call programs and games applications.

The first important point - the OS (operating system).
Currently, there are several operating systems: Windows Mobile 2003, 2003SE, WM5, WM6.
Software developers for some time engaged in the support of outdated OS, but more and more often the latest versions of applications are already released without the support of WM2003 and WM2003SE. We recommend to pay attention to the compatibility of the installed application with your OS. Attempts to install and run an incompatible application, as a rule, end in nothing or result in additional problems. In the requirements for the application or in the name they always write what version of the operating system it is intended for.

The second important point is the resolution of the screen of your device: QVGA (240x320) or VGA (480x640).
Most applications are written for QVGA resolution, but at the same time run under VGA resolution. However, in this case, one point has 4 times more pixels and the picture is not very attractive. There are applications specifically created for VGA resolution (realVGA). In this case, the picture on the VGA screen looks much better than on the screen with QVGA resolution.

Synchronize PDA with PC.
An important component of the PDA is Microsoft ActiveSync.
With this program you can synchronize the information of the desktop computer with the information on the PDA and install programs or games. The PDA comes with Microsoft ActiveSync already installed. But to install programs or games, you should install Microsoft ActiveSync on the desktop as well. More information about the program can be found on our forum in the topic.Microsoft ActiveSync

Installing applications on a PDA
After you download the application, pay attention to the extension it has,.exe or .cab :
1.1. Files .exe run on a PC and installed with the help of Microsoft ActiveSync on your PDA.
If you downloaded the file.exe You just need to connect the device to the PC, run this file and follow the instructions, which most often consist in simply pressing the "Next" button.
1.2. Files .cab need to run on the PDA.
In the case of the file.cab You need to copy it to any folder on your PDA by connecting your device to a PC or using a card reader. Then run the desired .cab on the PDA. (When installing .cab files, the program will help you. Cabinstall , with which you can specify the installation path of the application, as well as delete or leave the .cab file after installing the application).
1.3. There are also so-called installed applications. This is usually indicated in the application topic. In this case, the application does not require installation. It is transferred to the PDA and launched directly from your device by clicking on the file .exe .
2. During the installation of the application, you will be asked to choose the installation location - on the device or on a memory card. Choose where you would like to install the application and click "Install". All applications, except for system, it is recommended to install on a memory card. Thus, you will save RAM, which "does not happen much." But remember that by pulling out a memory card, you lose the opportunity to run this application until you insert it back !!!
3. Then, using the "Explorer" or the "START" menu, find the installed application and run it.
That's all. Good luck.

Installing Microsoft ActiveSync on a desktop computer
Picture
1. Turn on the computer and monitor.
2. Insert the supplied CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive of the desktop computer or run the file with the program downloaded from the link above.
3. Click "Install ActiveSync".
4. In the Install ActiveSync window, click Install.
5. Follow the instructions for installing ActiveSync on your computer. When prompted, connect the PDA to the desktop computer. Those. Connect the USB cable to the PDA, and connect the other end of the cable to the USB port of your desktop computer.
After you connect the device using a USB cable, the computer detects it and the synchronization wizard starts. If you click on the "Cancel" button, the ActiveSync program starts in the "guest mode". The only limitation in this mode is the lack of synchronization. All other functions will work.

IMPORTANT. Do not connect the PDA to the desktop computer before installing the Microsoft ActiveSync program !!!

Download Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 rus :

Post has been editedTrump - 10.04.11, 18:05

Rep: (114)
- = stranger = - ,
Temka for beginners needed, maybe worth mentioning aboutCut the Cab-extract cab on pda?
And also, for those who already have Vista Active Sync, they should beMobile Device Center

Rep: (0)
People help, pliz.
I downloaded the game in the archive. There files 000, 001 and so on. What to do with them ??? :)

Rep: (51)
Looxx ,
This file-cab, throw it on the PDA and run

Help me please. Became the happy owner of a ASUS A 686 PDA. WM 5I can’t install most games. The little that starts shows on the floor of the screen. For example Resco Sudoku v2.31. Control buttons are not visible. May need to install any additional programs?

Post has been editedlegich - 05.01.08, 22:46

legich maybe you install the VGA version of the games, and you need QVGA.

KrakoutSo this game got crooked. When you start the menu is shifted and flipped. When you click Play, the game crashes and asks you to send a message to Uncle Bill. But others are fine judging by the reviews. What could be wrong with me?

legich , look at the asus website. You may need to install drivers, because Someone also had problems with asus, but after installing the drivers these problems disappeared.

I solved the problem. Maybe someone will come in handy. Download and install from ASUS (http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=ru-ru)patch A696 / A686 LCD Horizontal Display update patch. Thank you - = stranger = -

That is the question. I put the game, and she got into the Programs menu, and not into the Games (as I want) ... how can I transfer the label from the Program to the Games?

Rep: (109)
lavr_alex ,
You can with the helpResco explorer
we go
Windows \ Start Menu \ Programs
Tap on the desired label;
cut
Windows \ Start Menu \ Programs \ Games
paste

Rep: (3)
tell me how to create shortcuts for games that would appear in the game folder

Rep: (398)
Chesterovna
In the explorer, go to the windows-main menu-program, select the desired game long tap on its shortcut and select cut, then go to the Games folder and there is a long tap-Paste from scratch
Just tried it, the game after that I started ...

Post has been editedTrump - 14.11.11, 12:04
Reason for editing: +1 by kasask

problem.
I downloaded the game (zip-archive), as I understand it on a PDA is * .cab?
I launch - stupidly opened archived files in zip.

Can we need to remove the Zip archiver from the PDA?
or am I not catching up with something? =)

figured out =)

Q: I installed the game where you can pop up the dice (dice) by shaking the phone.
installed, run - error. they say the old version of Microsoft = (

and many games I will not run so? and this problem can be solved somehow?
otherwise I was upset about something = (

HTC Touch Diamond.

Rep: (1043)
Well, Microsoft is a firm. Old version of the company :)

If you write that you need a newer version of the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework:
Here:.NET Compact FrameworkFramework 3.5 in the cable is calledCAB .NET CF v3.5 for WM5 / WM6

Well, Microsoft is a firm. Old version of the company :)

If you write that you need a newer version of the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework:
Here:.NET Compact FrameworkFramework 3.5 in the cable is calledCAB .NET CF v3.5 for WM5 / WM6

thanks, it all worked =)

Rep: (5)
Please explain if the games designed for the CAA and CVAA (for example, the same Orion or Warcraft2) and the VVGA are launched at all? And if so, how? full screen with glitches / part of the screen. or is it individual for each game? thank you in advance. (I know about the games adapted at the VVGA).

Rep: (251)
Can applications not be installed because xml files are associated with opera?

Just after installation, presumably opera, the installation of cab files stops working for me.
that is, there is always one and the same error, "installation xxxx failed."

Some games and programs are installed on the PDA and no shortcuts are created in the program folder, tell me how to create shortcuts ??? : blush:

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/19/19, 12:14