> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Warranty Repair PlayStation 4 | What they are not talking about or Sony warranty repairs

Rep: (1)
PlaStation 4 is broken. After a hard school and hard day, I decided to play a little. The console turns on, blinks me a white beckoning light, but it doesn’t give a picture on the screen, just a black screen. And the TV tells me that there is a signal. He began to understand. Connected to different TVs (PS 4 for some reason doesn’t like simple monitors, only give TVs to it), connected it with different wires, etc. Calls began in those. Sony support is filled with longing and operator response expectations. Under the guidance of support, I did the same and rebooted PS 4 in different modes - nothing helped. The diagnosis is disappointing - to bring in for repair. I think, okay, this is Sony, this is a super brand! They monitor their reputation, I think there will be no problems. At this point, acquaintance with the repair service "InterRadioPribor" (hereinafter referred to as the IRP) begins, which is the only one in Moscow that can carry out warranty repairs of Sony game consoles.

I came to hand over the console, I only need to have the patient and the box with me. A check is desirable. The receiver will check the console, fixes scratches and scuffs. Everything seems to be good, as in all repairs. And then I heard the phrase: “Your HDMI port is slightly bent, your warranty may be refused.” Yes, there is such a defect. I answer that the port was originally so (in support of Sony confirmed the possibility of backlash). He asked me to show other consoles, as an example. One connector is pushed to the top, the second to the side, etc. I ask: "For the same reason, did these consoles get into the repair? Did you refuse their guarantee?" “No,” he scoffed, and hastened to take the consoles back in place.

At that moment, my faith in Sony was very great (well, damn it, the telly in the kitchen is 14 years old, the radio magnetophone is 20 years old, how can one not trust Sony!) And I did not bother, I signed the acceptance certificate as is.

I have been waiting a week. There was no news from the IRP. I called there and found out that the guarantee was refused, and besides, I owe 1,500 rubles for the diagnosis!

I wrote a letter to Sony itself to the e-mail [email protected], where they play silence with me. I went to pick up the still broken console and pay the money. In the IRP, I ask you to show me exactly what the problem is, believing that the diagnosis, as indicated, was carried out. They tell me that the warranty is refused, because the HDMI connector is slightly bent. The following dialogue took place:
“Did you establish this in appearance?”
- Yes
“So there was no diagnosis, and I should not pay?”
For a minute, the receiver is silent, looks at me and says that there was a diagnosis. I ask for a photo-proof (the IRP should fix everything on the camera), and the service worker just shrugs. I will clarify again whether there was a diagnosis. To a negative answer, he asked: "And why then do you demand money from me?" As always, in silence, he wrote out an extradition certificate and gave me the console.
He asked about paid repairs, which would cost at least 4,500 rubles, plus an unknown amount, if the service had to order "some additional" parts. That is, having come there for a paid repair, it is not known how much to count on. And the saddest thing is that when I arrived home, it turned out that the console had two lamellas broken (wiring to the HDMI pad) and a corner was trimmed on a glossy surface. It feels like they were playing football.

Why does Sony choose such terrible repair services? After all, Apple also concludes contracts with local services, and they all go around there. "Oh, you smashed the phone to smithereens? Here's a new one for you!" They care about customers. What is here? They ignore me, they don’t want to talk to me and they cheat me impudently.

Sony is doing fine until something breaks.

P.S: I’ll say to myself that I am a student and this purchase was not easy for me.

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (480)
Yes, the situation in the region is not funny. The only hope to resolve the situation is that this service is officially authorized, which means that you should still try to put pressure on them through the Sony representative. Write complaints wherever possible, I think Sonya’s own such a remutation will not be too interesting, and they will still accept something in order to resolve this situation ...

Yes, I’m running now, I’m raising my eyes) I’m not happy with all of this, all these clarifications of relations when it’s already loaded.

Rep: (37)
IMHO the problem here is specifically in the SC. SC SC is different, it is possible that if the console went to another service, then everything would be different. I remember I had a case, a laptop was covered from Toshiba trying to update the BIOS (the first and only time I saw it done so stupidly). Then Toshiba was still famous for high quality, but sheet is known to happen. I wrote in Toshiba that the laptop does not work, described how it happened, asked if it fell under the warranty case and whether the laptop was still under warranty. Soon the laconic answer came: contact authorized service centers, here is a list.
Well, immediately they didn’t send a nafig and thanks for that. I wrote at once to two SCs, saying that such a utility suddenly started to sew bios from under Windows and the preinstalled Vista could not afford to work stably at that moment, then it was Vista, wrote the serial, tell me kind people for guarantees if there is still a laptop and Is this a warranty case? The next day, an answer came from both. From the first: your laptop is no longer under warranty for a long time and your case is not under warranty, at least you have to change the motherboard, wait at least a month, prepare at least 20k, come and be glad to see you as our client. From the second: your laptop is under warranty, a warranty case, bring it, after about 20 days you can pick it up. I think there’s no need to specify which SC I went to))) Of course there was the thought that the second ones might turn out to be cleaner than the first ones, they will take the laptop and don’t give it away until I pay for something, but everything went as they promised, the impression was very good. In fact, it was just lucky that I wrote in two at once, if I limited myself to the first in the list, I would either give them half the cost of the laptop, or most likely I would just throw it out. The question of how it turned out in one authorized SC my laptop was listed under warranty and in the other there wasn’t left open for me, I didn’t have any idea how brazen it was.

Rep: (191)
* iZnatOk,
It will be difficult to get the truth here because of the mistakes you made.
1. Why did they contact the SC, and not the store that sold the console, especially since it is under warranty, judging by the text? (if purchased abroad, the question disappears)
1.1. For answers like: 14 days have passed since the purchase - only SC, I will immediately give an answer: Read ZoZPP.
1.2. Why repair when you can request a replacement / refund? (again send to ZOZPP)
2. Why didn’t they inspect the console before signing the fence? (it will be very, very difficult to prove that it was the SC that damaged the case and HDMI)
Now on the merits of the matter, if you want to achieve justice, it will be necessary to conduct an independent examination so that the experts give a conclusion, because of which and through whose fault the console broke down. If it was a factory defect - ask for money for the console or a replacement from the seller. If anything, then to court. If the examination reveals that the SC did not diagnose (which you were not given a conclusion in the SC) or the console was damaged in the SC, then you have every right to sue the SC.
How to make a claim and other "joys" can be explained to you on the forums that deal with consumer protection.
You will have to stock up on patience, time and certain money for examination.

Post has been editedgodfather777 - 22.02.15, 14:34

* godfather777,
The SC was closer than the store. A store on the other side of town. There is no time or money for examination yet.

Rep: (2)
Burnt bp in Ps4. During operation, the capacitor inside the PSU most likely exploded, exploded powerfully, with smoke, here you have the quality of Sony. Well, at least it didn’t catch fire. There were no voltage drops in the network. Passed to the IRP. At the reception they described everything, even the slightest scratch. Repaired in 2 days. They said replacing the PSU. Tomorrow I’ll go take it off - I will unsubscribe what I’ve done in the end.

Post has been editedpsixokomatoz - 12.05.16, 18:09

Rep: (921)
* psixokomatoz Well, this is not an indicator, anything can happen, and iPhones explode and ferrari break. I have PS 4 since November 2013, it is connected to the network and is constantly in standby mode. Everything works fine, like so many others. Here you have the quality of Sony. The percentage of breakdowns is small, so you are just out of luck, which I am very sorry about.

Rep: (2)
* watso, and my ps4 was less than a week. Prior to this, ps3 stood at the same place for several years and there were no problems. In general, this is the first time that something from my equipment broke with an explosion. : lol:

Post has been editedpsixokomatoz - 12.05.16, 18:22

Rep: (3)
Hello! After using the console for several years, the next evening, when I decided to play a couple of matches in fifu, ps4 unexpectedly turned off while the game was loading and after turning it on, it blinks in blue and does not load (there is a black screen on the TV with the inscription - there is no signal), not in safe mode. Has anyone had such a case? What do you recommend to solve the problem?
The warranty has expired, I read on the internet that you can write a claim to Sony, after contacting an independent expert organization to issue a conclusion on the console’s inoperability and factory defects ... and it’s supposed that a refund or replacement of the console is possible. Does anyone know anything about this? Has anyone solved a problem situation like that?

Rep: (5)
Dude, well, your warranty has expired. On what basis are you going to demand a grandmother? Just because the console broke? She honestly worked out her term. Broke - alas, you're out of luck. Buy a new one and do not cheat. It spoils karma.

Rep: (3)
Dude, well, your warranty has expired. On what basis are you going to demand a grandmother?

based on consumer rights:http: //cgie.62.rospotr...ultation/info_2/90229/

She honestly worked out her term.

The console has not reached the end of its life.
Buy a new one and do not cheat. It spoils karma.

but what is the deception? but that I want to protect my rights as a consumer?

Rep: (480)
* hiNt1k,
Only now I wonder what kind of factory marriage will be discussed in the console, which worked for several years.
What service life is indicated on the ps4 by the way?

Rep: (67)
Set48 @ 12/03/17, 00:41*
What service life is indicated on the ps4 by the way?

5 years

Rep: (0)
Greetings. Ps4 slim. The installation of the game occurred. Switch to standby hour. Controller shutdown 30 min. Moved away for a while. He returned. Console without indication. The ps button on the controller blinks white and that's it. No image. Turning the plug on and off also does not give a result. Maybe someone came across?

Rep: (1476)
* pvl89,

Also in youtube we enter in the search:
blue lights of death ps4

Rep: (0)
Not that case. I have no indication.
Dyuss @ 12/05/2017, 19:34*
* pvl89,

Also in youtube we enter in the search:
blue lights of death ps4

Rep: (23)
Colleagues PS4 pro bought a month ago (CUH-7008). I began to notice that the console periodically issues one long squeak in working condition. And something tells me that this should not be (I heard 3 or 4 times in a month). Maybe someone came across this and found a reason / source? Maybe you should write in Sony with such a question, does anyone know where to write on such problems?

Rep: (1476)
* Vitaliy999
You sit on the sofa and hear a squeak from such a distance, or when you put your ear to the console, it squeaks?
If the squeak is clearly audible from a sofa distance (1.5-2 meters) and the squeak is annoying, urgently carry it under warranty.

If the squeak is barely audible when you put your ear to the console, then it's okay, this is the working squeak of the console, it makes hundreds more decabels noisier than it squeaks.

Rep: (921)
* Dyuss , most likely he hears the speaker squeak, you need to either see in the internet what he can mean, or call in TP.

Posted on 12/15/2017, 15:47:

* Vitaliy999 , squeak is exactly the same as when you turn on the console?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/11/19, 20:04