Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 27664
Check in: 03.02.10

Virtual reality glasses do it yourself
assembly, disassembly, discussion of work
Cardboard software | Selection and discussion of points for Google Cardboard

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

In the subject we collect and share our experience in creating Google CardBoard from everything that comes to hand.
Ready working options:

Post has been editedBlack fish - 22.11.16, 08:54
JustTheApe
Message#462
15.11.18, 08:07
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 176
Check in: 03.04.11

FxDkaA @ 11/14/18, 18:11*
In your experience, what are the optimal lens parameters? By distortion, focus, diameter.

The optimal diameter, in my opinion, can be designated as 45mm, they can be set so that foreign objects (lens fasteners, body) can catch the eye at least, and nothing will disturb the nose (we believe that the lenses are round). Another common point is that the lenses must be of high quality, have good light transmission, otherwise they will “catch” halos from bright areas of the image, which is extremely unpleasant (well, and not only therefore, see below).

As for the other parameters, it is difficult to talk about optimum here. You need to look under what tasks.

For example, take VR glasses.
There are glasses with short-focus lenses and large magnification (F50-65mm), for example FIIT, Bobo VR. The image deployed on the entire screen of the phone display 5.5 "fills in almost the entire field of view. This gives the so-called immersive effect, which is good for games. The disadvantage is the pincushion distortion at the edges of the image and chromatic aberration - bright colored" phantoms "from bright sections of the image, the farther from the center, the more.

You can fight this by installing good optics with enlightenment and specially select aspherical lenses of complex shape (as in the oculus). Screens bend under optics while no one has learned. You can also partially compensate for these negative effects by changing the displayed image - add barrel distortion and compensating color highlights. But completely remove the "artifacts" will not work in any way. By increasing the field of view (that is, increasing the lens), you will increasingly suffer from "side effects", which will be increasingly difficult to compensate. Completely escape from the "diving mask" will not work in any way.

There are glasses long focus (F80-100), for example VR BOX. I made a home-made with lenses ~ F80 from Chinese loops. Distortion was minimized, there was practically no aberration, but the edges of the image were clearly visible. This option is good for watching videos - almost no pixel grid is visible even at FHD resolution. But it is not interesting to play games, the effect of immersion you, most likely, do not catch - the frame will interfere.
FxDkaA
Message#463
15.11.18, 13:15
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 11
Check in: 30.10.17

* JustTheApe,
He took your example with the F50-65mm and substituted these numbers into formulas. The result was a viewing angle of 66-53 degrees. It looks like these formulas do not fit at all. Sorry, you have to do everything "by eye". By the way, you should try to substitute these angles in the FOV in the game.

Post has been editedFxDkaA - 15.11.18, 13:20
tocaor
Message#464
19.01.19, 01:35
Local
[offline]

Messages 102
Check in: 30.10.06
Philips Xenium I908

Comrades, where to read about experiments with screens from a mobile phone? My i908 Phillips died, it’s a pity to let go of so much working stuff :)). There was a bad experience with this device and the vr box. The picture quality suited (in terms of pixels), but the vr box ... Well, something more specialized will work much better than a phone, eh? I'm friends with a soldering iron, less with the theoretical part.
Thank.
JustTheApe
Message#465
19.01.19, 08:38
Local
[offline]

Messages 176

* tocaor,
If the matrix model is in the list of supported by the converter (extremely unlikely) - buy a kit (board + adapter) and connect. The adapter will have to be bought separately somewhere on the taobao, because on Ali they only go along with the display, as far as I know.
If not ... Well, theoretically, you can be confused.
Looking for:
1. Datasheet on a specific display of the mobile phone.
2. Datasheet on the converter chip HDMI-DSI (or even better, on the finished board entirely).
You buy a converter board, call the pinout to the cable on the chip's datasheet, draw an adapter for a specific display.
Next, order the manufacture of non-standard adapter and check.
Theoretically, it is possible to solder the entire converter as a whole, having bought only a chip, a microcontroller and a “crush”, and having drawn and paid the board. Along the way, write the MK firmware to control the chip, screw the tracker} -)

Now about the main thing:
I am not aware of your meskills in handling the soldering iron and the stability of your psyche, but my advice is to buy a complete set with a display. Saved one or two thousand rubles are not worth such hemorrhoids. A smartphone - fix it and use it further as intended.
There are very tasty options with a 4K display or two square BFU displays with a high refresh rate (as in a WMR helmet).

Post has been editedJustTheApe - 19.01.19, 19:57
tocaor
Message#466
19.01.19, 12:41
Local
[offline]

Messages 102
Check in: 30.10.06
Philips Xenium I908

* JustTheApe, the smartphone is already bought new :). Old hardly makes sense to repair - the battery needs a new one and a syst. fee, there is memory full, most likely. Well, you will have to deal with it no less than with glasses. I thought something new to blind from it ... It's not about saving, it's about tinkering :))
PS: I will be grateful for the links where to read / explore delicious kits for the assembly.

Post has been editedtocaor - 19.01.19, 12:43
Reason for editing: Threat
JustTheApe
Message#467
19.01.19, 19:12
Local
[offline]

Messages 176

* tocaor,
Optionused by me and another couple of people in this thread. Everything works, but you should buy carefully (see my previous posts). Displays from smart phones Nubia Z7 NX506J and IUNI U3 are suitable (the first is personally verified, the second is in accordance with the specification).

there ishere it isa miracle with a nehila pixel density and 120Hz refresh rate, but they have not yet boasted about it. Something like that is in WMR.

Devicewith 4K.However, it is not clear what the device frequency update. It is for a 3D printer, and there it is not necessary much. So what should be clarified.Chip TC358870XBG can not give 4K with a frequency of more than 30Hz. Well, in PiMAX 4K, this is, apparently, worth it ... But the pixel grid is not visible.

Overkillwith two 4K screens. The board is the same as the previous one, the converter TC358870XBG, it is dual-channel.

References are given solely for information.
In general, use the search for the words "HDMI MIPI", "HDMI DSI".

Post has been editedJustTheApe - 20.01.19, 20:13
KiritoWin
Message#468
29.01.19, 12:00
User
[offline]

Messages 73
Check in: 26.06.13
Xiaomi Redmi 4X 3/32

Not a big usage reportBaofeng Mojing S1andLS055R1SX03.
I do not know if it is a feature of the shape of the lenses used or the quality of their production, but the halos from the bright areas of the image are in place. In games, this is not particularly noticeable, but it interferes with watching movies.
PotPlayer is great for watching 3D movies. Games throughDepth3D, but you need to understand the settings.
From the games I have tried so far Dying Light: rolleyes: I will say that it has not been so interesting to me to play at least something for a long time.
For myself, I realized that I would not be able to do something that would be at the level of the same oculus. Not enough time or perseverance. Therefore, I will postpone the purchase of full points.

Slightly complement: I have 290x. Skyrim with additional textures and not the easiest enb in 1440p resolution is about 32-35 fps. Probably, it depends on my own physical condition, but I have no particular problems when playing at such a FPS.

Post has been editedKiritoWin - 03.02.19, 04:41
avtoneru
Message#469
04.02.19, 22:35
Lomaster
[offline]

Messages 1416
Check in: 30.06.12
Huawei Nova CAN-L01 \ L11

I don’t know if the post author approves the link to his post ...
He didforkGoogle QR Code Generator ...
While - works.

And many complain that they need.

--------------------
Do not touch the technique while it is working.
Playful hands - do not give peace of mind.
Think about it ten times and do it once.
JustTheApe
Message#470
11.03.19, 13:31
Local
[offline]

Messages 176

There are a few available virtual desktops here (and there are not so few of them). Unfortunately, I ran only superficially, a little time.
There was a question, but what for everyone needs an oculus / wive / wmr or are there any products that can stupidly output to a monitor / hmd?

Post has been editedJustTheApe - 11.03.19, 13:32
Grivus
Message#471
11.03.19, 13:44
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 900
Check in: 19.10.09
Asus new padfone infinity

* JustTheApe,
The question is not clear, if you have a homemade helmet (helmet + screen), then why do you need a virtual table?

--------------------
Nokia 3310 | Motorola C350 | Sony Ericsson T610 | Sony Ericsson K750i | Sony Ericsson K770i | Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 / Silver / 16Gb / MG 1800mAh Asus new PadFone Infinity A86 32Gb + 64Gb Black (A86-1A048RUS)
JustTheApe
Message#472
11.03.19, 13:50
Local
[offline]

Messages 176

* Grivus
In order to be able to perform at least the simplest manipulations without removing the helmet. Folder like, cut down the game, run the video. The desktop on the screen in stereo is not rendered. No, you can of course arrange the icons on the left and close one eye, but that’s it ...
There are hares in the tridefe, but it is still not the same.

Post has been editedJustTheApe - 13.03.19, 15:10
Grivus
Message#473
11.03.19, 13:57
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 900

* JustTheApe,
Clearly, I somehow do not bother, one eye closed and poke what I need)

--------------------
Nokia 3310 | Motorola C350 | Sony Ericsson T610 | Sony Ericsson K750i | Sony Ericsson K770i | Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 / Silver / 16Gb / MG 1800mAh Asus new PadFone Infinity A86 32Gb + 64Gb Black (A86-1A048RUS)
JustTheApe
Message#474
12.03.19, 11:09
Local
[offline]

Messages 176

Partially the question was solved by including a null driver in SteamRV. The desktop (BigScreen, Virtual Desktop, any sharpened for SteamRV) is displayed, it works.

But there is no input. I try to fasten Driver4VR (FreePieConnector), it seems to be able to work with mice, clave, fritrek (zic!). But the chavoy does not start.
Does anyone have experience of communication?

Post has been editedJustTheApe - 13.03.19, 10:38
JustTheApe
Message#475
13.03.19, 10:38
Local
[offline]

Messages 176

The good thing turned out to bethisAttachment, SteamVR.Settings. Its functionality is simpler, but it started up right away. It allows you to transfer a virtual desktop to a secondary monitor (which is convenient, we put our improvised helmet secondary, the contents of the primary display are broadcast in the VR render to the secondary (helmet), when turning on / off the helmet, the bardak on the main monitor will not happen). When transferring to a secondary monitor, a mouse, keyboard, fritrek is promised (but my tracker is disassembled until I can check). In general, all that is needed for a virtual desktop is here, checked on the BigScreen beta and, in fact, Virtual Desktop. Softina is free. If you don’t come up with any special jambs, I’ll stop there.

I summarize. To get a VR-desktop quickly, free then and with a relatively small number of crutches:
1. Install Steam and SteamBB.
2. We configure SteamBR to work with the null driver through the steamvr.vrsettings configuration file.
3. Install any suitable virtual desktop.
4. Install the SteamVR.Settings softphone and tune it to our secondary display-HMD.
5. We start a virtual desktop.
6. ?????????????????
7. PROFIT !!!!

UPD: Fritrek works, but the axes are confused. Solved profile in OpenTrack.
In the package, only the fritrek driver is valuable in the package, but the program simply allows you to conveniently customize the steamvr.vrsettings file (it is also possible with your hands).

UPD: About this design (with the Virtual Desktop table, I liked its minimalism and ease of management), the impressions are positive, there was no particular drop in performance when launching games, compared to the “classics”, everything is quite smooth and convenient. Games / VD players in full-screen mode "sees" not everything and not always, with window mode - everything is fine. It is possible to switch the desktop from "pseudo-SBS" to "full-SBS" and back by pressing one key (important for 3D video players, games under Tridef and the like). I think you can simply automate this process.

UPD: After the update, SteamVR refused to broadcast non-Simovsky (perhaps a coincidence) games in windowed mode to a virtual table, although it used to work. With the focus on the virtual table, the game window becomes black. Well here ...

Post has been editedJustTheApe - 26.03.19, 06:43
CHANI
Message#476
17.03.19, 20:49
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 20
Check in: 15.01.14

* velovich, good evening!
I'm trying to find information about 2d helmets and found your posts by searching.
Can you please tell me you did not find ready-made options for 2d helmets?
JustTheApe
Message#477
31.03.19, 08:37
Local
[offline]

Messages 176

Above, I wrote that I ran into the problem of the impossibility of launching most non-VR games while using SteamBR in monopoly mode. When you turn on the Debug Mode, the games are launched, but the SteamBB window on the secondary monitor is minimized, it is not possible to expand it.
The Borderless Gaming program helped, which can turn a “classic” window (with a title) into a frameless window, while forcibly changing its resolution and position in accordance with the settings. The program intercepts the applications configured for it, scales and displays it at the desired point on the desktop.
I successfully "unwrapped" Steamware in Debug mode on the secondary monitor. Now the games launched from the virtual table are quietly shown in the helmet. Yes, SteamBR itself no longer generates errors of the Red Screen (the VRCompositor is not in full screen mode). Only one forks - the refresh rate of the image in Debug Mode is limited to 30fps. This is normal for a desktop, but not enough for games and videos. But here again Borderless Gaming (+ ReShade + Depth3D) helps. With its help we "throw out" the game window with connected Depth3D shaders on the secondary screen "above" the Steam Headset Window. It's even easier with video - Stereoscopic Player, for example, can display full screen on any monitor plus easily turns ordinary photos and videos into pseudo-stereo pairs.
Who knows less crutch methods (except for "buy Vive / Oculus") - please do not hesitate.

Shl. Depth3D disappointed. It does not provide true 3D (unlike Tridef), it divides the image into two-dimensional plans. But for getting a pseudo-stereo pair fits well. Fast and omnivorous. It can also be used to correct distortion and chromatic aberration "above" trideph.

Post has been editedJustTheApe - 02.04.19, 07:44
sir__dondigidon
Message#478
04.04.19, 03:57
User
[offline]

Messages 56
Check in: 15.08.15

Forum, can anyone share instructions for creating your VR helmet in detail? I admit, too lazy to leaf through the whole topic in order to see the moments ... But still, I hope that you can respond. QMS will explain the situation

--------------------
[_Koviand_] YouTubeChannel
Grivus
Message#479
04.04.19, 11:11
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 900

* sir__dondigidon
Address, we will help, than we can)

--------------------
sir__dondigidon
Message#480
04.04.19, 13:35
User
[offline]

Messages 56
Check in: 15.08.15

Is it possible to make a good helmet with a gyroscope, which will allow to use it in conjunction with RiftCat and NoloVr?

--------------------
[_Koviand_] YouTubeChannel
JustTheApe
Message#481
04.04.19, 15:27
Local
[offline]

Messages 176

* sir__dondigidon
The word "helmet" usually means having your own display. RiftCat then nafig not needed, you just need to adjust the SteamBL. With streaming to an Android device instead of a screen, it’s still “glasses” or “headset”.
A gyroscope (or rather, an inertial tracker containing a gyroscope, an accelerometer and, preferably, a compass) can be connected to the same stereo via a third-party driver. Nolo drivers for Steam exist. That is, the fundamental possibility is. His “goodness” will depend solely on the directness of your hands.
Still, read the thread and try to formulate what you want to do. Make a card with a built-in tracker for the phone or collect a more or less decent device with a direct image display on it. Terms of reference - the first thing in such matters =))))

Post has been editedJustTheApe - 09.04.19, 05:45

24 pagesV  « < 22 23 24 » 

mobile version    Now: 03/05/19, 04:52