> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Catalog of Android programs

В®Packet Sniffer | Packet sniffer. Only for ROOT users

Rep: (275)
Packet Sniffer
version: 1.9

Last update of the program in the header:04.02.2015

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

For the operation of the program requires root user rights.

Short description:
It allows you to view and analyze the packets that pass through your network interface.

Description:
A small packet sniffer. It is a part of my other project (В®Network utilites (Test version)). Displays the packets that pass through your network interface, you can view the packet dumps built Hex viewer'om. It is also possible to work with .pcap files (opening, saving). Saved pcap files can be found in /sdcard/android/data/com.myprog.packetsniffer/pcap/ folder. You can filter on protocol, IP address of the sender and the recipient, according to the port number (in the case of TCP or UDP), as well as packets containing HTTP requests / responses

Small instruction
Running a sniffer (menu->Start), you will see the packets going through your network interface. If nothing is shown you, so at the moment through your nothing is a network interface, you can try to ping your device, or, for example, open your browser and go to somewhere.

To view the contents of the package, use the tap on the item in the list with a record of for the package.

use menu->The Save, to save the dump file in .pcap and menu->Open, to open .pcap files. .Pcap stored files you can open the same third-party analyzers and traffic (the same desktop Wireshark). Stored files will be saved in the folder /sdcard/android/data/com.myprog.packetsniffer/pcap/

Be sure to shut down the sniffer (menu->Stop) before exiting the program, or the native program and will be carried out, even after the Java shutdown shell.

In the settings (menu->Settings), you can select the network interface on which to listen (default wlan0)

Wishlist their wishes and write in the subject, reports about bugs are welcome as well.

Android required: 2.3 (earlier not tested)
Russian interface: Yes

Developer: First row

Download:
version: 1.9 В®Packet Sniffer (Post # 42232606)

Past versions

Post has been editedFirst row - 11.10.15, 18:24
Reason for editing: edit

Rep: (4586)
* First Row, It can be a little instruction?

It can be a little instruction?

He added instructions in the hat.

Version 1.1

It delivers all the menu button to increase the screen area allocated for the display of "useful" data.

added settings

Attached files

Attached filePacketSniffer.apk(1.14 MB)

Post has been editedFirst row - 05.02.15, 14:01

Rep: (0)
Thank you for 1.1 :)

Version 1.2

Fixed bug display time

It delivers the most frequently used buttons (Start, filters) in the action bar

Attached files

Attached filePacketSniffer.apk(1.17 MB)

Rep: (41)
First Row @ 04.02.2015, 19:26*
Wishlist their wishes and write in the subject, reports about bugs are welcome as well.

1. There is no menu item "About" indicating the author, and the version of the program.
2. Menu - Save - File name "Ok" and "Cans el ". Did you mean" Can with el "?
And it is possible in the active window Menu - Save - File name embed any file name pattern instead of emptiness?

1. There is no menu item "About" indicating the author, and the version of the program.

I will add in the next versions.

2. Menu - Save - File name "Ok" and "Cansel". Did you mean "Cansel"?

And the truth .. opisochka out.

And it is possible in the active window Menu - Save - File name embed any file name pattern instead of emptiness?

I do in the next update.

Version 1.3

Title removed all side Activiti (hex view, settings)

Added About dialog box, open the menu

Small fixes, as well as optimization of the mechanism of display

Attached files

Attached filePacketSniffer.apk(1.17 MB)

First Row @ 04.02.2015, 19:26*
Reports bugs as welcome

My time zone is GMT + 3. The packet sniffer time is displayed in the time zone GMT + 0. The saved pcap-file already GMT + 2.

Strange .. time taken systemically. In the next version, I think it will add to the setting item to adjust the GMT.

Rep: (455)
Packages with wi-fi collects, but does not display their contents wants "eternal" discovery goes. Phone Samsung GT-S5570, CyanogenMod 11.

Packages with wi-fi collects, but does not display their contents wants "eternal" discovery goes. Phone Samsung GT-S5570, CyanogenMod 11.

Which version of Android? on android<4 is not guaranteed (although in theory should work).

Try to open the folder /sdcard/Android/data/com.myprog.packetsniffer/logs/. There must be a dump files. If they do not, their work will not be opening. Just try to check their size, they should not be empty.

Hex viewer itself is not falling? Problems may arise with scaling (such as how to customize the formula to different screens, but still)

Post has been editedFirst row - 18.02.15, 20:49

First Row @ 18.02.2015, 11:20*
Strange .. time taken systemically.

I opened the same latest version of Wireshark house image - time is displayed correctly.
I will be tested on.

It seems that the thing is we statically link libc. On Android 4.0 does not work on another, but in the later, apparently, it is desirable to use a dynamic assembly. Try here at this assembly:

Attached files

Attached filePacketSniffer.apk(861.19 KB)

Post has been editedFirst row - 18.02.15, 21:23

First Row @ 18.02.2015, 21:19*
Try here at this assembly:

It is you to whom?

You (I forgot to insert a quote). with time the problem should disappear.

Post has been editedFirst row - 18.02.15, 21:40

Bug with saving. I simulate the situation:
1. capture packets
2. stops capturing packets
3. Menu - Save - File name - PCAPFile (default name).
4. I came out of the program
5. Watching PCAPFile.pcap in the appropriate folder
5. I went into the program
6. Exciting packages
7. stops capturing packets
8. Menu - Save - File name - PCAPFile (the default name does not change)
9. I came out of the program
10. Watching old PCAPFile.pcap of paragraph 3 in the appropriate folder

Bug with saving. I simulate the situation:

If to save to use the same name must appear Toast "file already exists", at the bottom of the screen, the file will not be overwritten.

First Row @ 18.02.2015, 21:45*
If to save to use the same name must appear Toast "file already exists", at the bottom of the screen, the file will not be overwritten.

And there is. And it is possible to implement a dialog box asking if you replace separate folders clear button to pcap-Files?

And there is. And it is possible to implement a dialog box asking if you replace separate folders clear button to pcap-Files?

I think about it. (With a number, for example) you can try to insert into an unused name as a template.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 12/01/20, 14:28