2 pagesV  1 2 > »  

> BlackBerry - is it worth choosing? | OS BlackBerry - personal experience.
fotoelement
Message#1
01.02.15, 23:46
I do good.
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 521
Check in: 10.10.06
Lenovo Moto G5s XT1794

I have not waved a sword for a long time, since this theme:HTC P3300 - fotoelement - my experience., Programs, registry tweaks, screenshots, changed a bunch of smartphones, but none of them caused a desire to write about it. I got BlackBerry Q10 under my arm and it started ...

Blackberry

Some statistics. At the beginning of 2015, the smartphone market looks like this: Android - 85%, iOS - 11.7%, Windows Phone - 2.8%, BlackBerry - 0.5%

First, you need to answer the question: "What the hell, a user of iPhone, Android, Windows Phone may even decide to look in the direction of BlackBerry?" In my opinion, there can be several such reasons:

1. You have something so annoying in your iPhone, Android, WindowsPhone, and you think that this will not happen in BlackBerry (and there really will not be a lot of things).
2. You think that the United States will soon impose sanctions, and Apple, Google, Microsoft will turn off the phones of all Russians (which is 99.5%).
3. You are sure that someone reads your correspondence (this someone does not live in your apartment) and you do not have paranoia.
4. You do not like everything American, but you can not find a smartphone under the brand Telefunken.
5. You like maple leaves.
6. You are bored. Very boring.
7. You urgently need a QWERTY-smartphone. With mechanical call / end call buttons. With a square screen. Canadian.
8. All of the above.

Joke. There are no reasons. But you still decided. Personally, I decided to try BB for the seventh reason.

First you need to realize that BlackBerry is the OS and hardware, and buy BB on Android in this universe.will not workturn out - BB KeyOne and DTEK are now available, but this is already in 2016. Realized, resigned - we go further.

Attached Image

Next we are waiting for a wide range of models (almost like Apple), and in order not to get confused in ten pines, we will narrow the choice to three of the most relevant: Passport, Z30, Classic. If the Siri assistants, "Ok Google" and Cortana in your mobiles have not yet given you the full specifications of each model, I’ll give you the main ones. BlackBerry smartphones have a display, processor, RAM, camera, and in Q10, Passport and Classic - YTsUKEN (QWERTY) keyboard. Not too tired? Then we continue. To this minimum set you need to add 4G (and this is in addition to Wi-Fi), NFC (not on the iPhone), USB-Host (there is not every Android), and some little things like FM radio and GPS. Qi-wireless charging is only for US versions. Miracast. No two things: IR port and fingerprint scanner. Gentleman's set - there are not enough stars from the sky, but they did not fall into the dirt with their face.

Valuable question. More than humane by today's standards - from 19,000 to 45,000 rubles, especially against the background of official prices on the iPhone (from 53,990 to 77,990 rubles). For those who chose paragraph 6 in the past section, there is a BlackBerry P'9983 Porsche Design LTE 4G for 145,000 rubles. Can we go to the capabilities of the BlackBerry OS?

BlackBerry OS 10.3.1.XXX

BlackBerry is a QNX-based real-time operating system (whatever that means).
If operating systems are represented by athletes, they would look like this:
Android is a veteran who has not yet become fat, with a lot of awards for service, in Nike sneakers, Adidas pants, an Armani T-shirt, and on top of another Puma jacket that looks at everything that happens through Polaroid glasses. Aimlessly walks around the hall, briefly stopping at each simulator.
iOS is a smart girl, watching herself, not allowing herself too much, but not an Olympic athlete. The equipment perfectly matches the color of the nails. Periodically he looks at the workouts of the veteran, adopts new exercises.
Windows Phone - macho, hates a veteran, he does not know why, he is trying to prove his steepness to everyone in the hall. There is a training plan, but the sequence of exercises is confused and with the view of "tearing everyone" is taken for everything at once, as a result, the arms are pumped, but I forgot about my legs.
BlackBerry - young energetic, managed to win a couple of medals in weightlifting, but decided to change roles. To exercise fits responsibly. If you take up something, bring it to the end, there are some excellent training of your own, but you don’t have enough time to do all the exercises. Hopes to win a couple of medals already in bodybuilding. She looks with interest towards the sportswoman in a pink sports suit.

Menu. Interface

Attached Image

Everything is very similar to iOS (desktops, installing / uninstalling programs, folders, but with icons from Android), only there is no fixed bottom row of 4 icons - it is replaced by a line with buttons for calling, accessing the camera and searching, above which is a slider move between desktops.

Attached Image

Programs can work in the background, and for 8 of them, the “frames” mode is provided - this is the desktop, which displays the applications that you have minimized, very much like the live Windows tiles. You can close them completely (with a cross), change the order of location. If all applications are closed, then this desktop simply displays a desktop background image with a translucent clock and date, or disappears completely (turned off in the settings). You can choose your picture for the desktop, or separately for the lock screen.

Gestures

Attached Image

Managing BlackBerry is not difficult, but you will need to master a couple of new gestures.

Gesture 1: drag your finger from the bottom edge of the screen up: turns on the smartphone if it is locked (if you do not complete the movement by stopping your finger in the middle, you can simply watch the time / new notifications / charge and turn your finger down, turn off the display again), or minimize the running application. On the desktop, this movement shows the battery charge in% and the side menu for notifications of new events.
Gesture 2: swipe down from the top edge of the screen: access to open application settings. On the lock screen launches a screensaver with a clock.
Gesture 3. swipe from the bottom of the screen and to the right: go from the menu or an open application immediately to the BlackBerry Hub (more on it later).
Gesture 4: hold two fingers down from the top edge of the screen in any menu or application: call the quick setting curtain.

Extended Interaction:

Attached Image

If you put your BlackBerry screen down, it will turn on battery saving mode.
If you lift a smartphone from the table that was lying on it with the screen down, it will automatically unlock.
Turning over the incoming phone with the smartphone face down - turn off the sound of the incoming call.
If the phone is in your hand, and not on the table - then the screen will not turn off until you put it on the table.
When removing the smartphone from the cover (cover, however, special) - it is unlocked automatically, and returning to the cover, is blocked again.
Naturally, all these parameters can be disabled in the settings. By the way, about the settings ...

Smartphone settings.

Attached Image

Chip: settings list items can be sorted in the order that is more convenient for you, or you can sort alphabetically. Samsung tried to do something similar starting with the Galaxy S5, but limited itself to only "select" items.

All BB smartphones have a white balance setting for the screen, regardless of its type (IPS or AMOLED) - Samsung and Nokia (Microsoft) have this setting only for AMOLED screens.

Configure Notifications (Profiles):

Attached Image

This is a bonus with a bonus! BlackBerry allows you to set up multiple notification profiles, between which you can quickly switch. You can adjust not only the parameters of the incoming call (ringtone, volume, vibration and LED color), but also notifications for each installed application! With one click we completely change the alert scheme! Look for the bonus in the calendar.

Shutter Quick Switches

Attached Image

The flexibility of the settings menu is not the only plus BB: the implementation of the quick switch curtain is the benchmark for all operating systems. Best of the best. Perfect. Bravissimo! I will explain. Items in this curtain can be customized - select only those that you need (and choose from which to choose) and sort their order. Each button is divided into two areas: clicking on the area of ​​the icon on / off. function, clicking on the area with the name - we fall into the settings of this function.

In iOS, what we’ve done is given - 5 non-configurable fast switches operating in the on / off mode.
In WP - 4 buttons (customizable, but the choice is less than that of BB), pressing "intelligent". For example, for Wi-Fi - if it is already on, then pressing will turn off wi-fi, if it is off, then pressing will switch to settings in which you can select the network to which you want to connect.
In Android, there is a shutter, there are buttons ... but their size, order, click processing mode, the ability to sort strongly depends on the manufacturer of the smartphone.

Device lock

Attached Image

iOS can be unlocked using a fingerprint (it will not save a sly wife who decided to read your SMS while you sleep - she will just attach the iPhone to your finger))), Android has a “graphic password” (theoretically, you can figure out the fat traces from fingers) and face recognition (showing a photo of the owner), Windows Phone also has something (but I don’t remember exactly what). BlackBerry, in addition to standard methods of blocking, can be secured with the help of "Picture Password". This is a unique, safe and at the same time ingenious way. A picture with a multitude of digits will appear on the screen, and you need to move 1 pre-selected digit to the location of the screen you have defined. The arrangement of numbers on the screen is different every time - it is virtually impossible to calculate this figure. If you make a mistake 10 times, then you will need to enter a password (create in advance). Is ingenious?

Lock screen

Attached Image

On the lock screen, notifications from applications about new events, their number and schedule from the calendar are displayed. You can immediately go to the desired application to respond twice by tapping on the notification. You can specify what information will be displayed for notifications: part of the message, or just the name of the sender There is an icon for quick access to the camera, to launch it you need to hold your finger for a couple of seconds on the icon. The screen lock features are a bit poor to be honest, other operating systems offer more features.

Accounts. Sync can not be imported!(where to put a comma?)

Attached Image

Synchronization. I don’t have my own servers for storing users ’personal data on BlackBerry, which means you don’t have to create a new [email protected], and since you’re switching from Android / iOS / Windows Phone (you don’t change your mind?) Your contacts are stored on one of the servers gmail.com/icloud.com/outlook.com, and transfer them to the BlackBerry is not difficult. If all you remember is the login and password from your account of one of the above services, then this will be enough for your contacts, calendar, notes and email messages to appear in the new BlackBerry smartphone. For those who are not afraid of the terms CardDAV and CalDAV, it is possible to connect contacts and a calendar separately from mail - useful if contacts are from Google, mail is on mail.ru, and calendar is in Yandex.

To be fair, it’s worth noting that WindowsPhone and iPhone have similar capabilities, but not Android — you can’t set up syncing contacts from iCloud using standard tools or without dancing with a tambourine: mail and calendar — please, but not contacts (only import).

Import. If you do not trust your contacts to online services, you can remove a flash drive with cryptographic protection and password-protected "contacts.vcf" file from your safe and import it into the device's memory without synchronization. However, mail and calendar will still have to be connected to your personal Exchange-server on your personal domain nekomuneveru.org

As an alternative to cloud synchronization, there is a Blackberry Link program for the same purposes, but from a PC.

Tip: do not bother with buying a safe - synchronize.

Describe the standard features of the contacts, calendar and mail applications have not washed away, we better pay attention to the features of their implementation in BlackBerry.

Contacts.

Attached Image

Contacts are integrated with the services of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIN, which allows you to see the activity of the user of these networks without launching these applications. Steeper, only WP - Vkontakte, FB and Twitter can watch not only for a single contact, but read their entire tape directly in the application "Contacts".

BB contacts still have one disadvantage - there are no connections with popular messengers, which means you cannot send a message, for example, via WhatsApp from the contact menu, you need to launch a separate application.

Chips. Search the Internet using the BlackBerry server for additional contact information from the phone book and add this information to the contact card. It's a shame that none of my contacts found such information)))

"BMW Assistance" after "dating" with the BlackBerry will read information about scheduled meetings and new messages.

The calendar.

Attached Image

BlackBerry calendar with a twist. If you have a meeting scheduled, then in the settings you can set automatic switching to the "meeting" profile, which will work when it starts, and switch the alert mode back after the meeting! If you are invited to an important meeting, but you understand that you do not have time, you can send an answer to all the participants that you will, but with a delay. Very cool! The only thing that is not clear is why the alarms are shown in the calendar ???

Reminders, Notes, Tasks

Attached Image

The app Remember is responsible for this - standard features, tasks can be shown in the calendar, there is integration with Evernote. There is not enough opportunity to set a reminder by location (for example, when I arrived at the shopping center for shopping).

Dialer

Attached Image

One of the reasons why I want to switch to BlackBerry. In Android, as they say, the taste and color - all the dialers are different in the literal sense of the word: you take Sony - one, Samsung - another, Lenovo - the third. Remember who in which direction you need to move the green icon of course you can, but this is hell. The iPhone does not have a red button (!) For an incoming call with the screen locked, which is 99.99% of all calls. In BlackBerry, the dialer is simple - a keyboard for dialing without Cyrillic, there is no phonebook search from the keyboard, a photo of the caller on the whole screen. But there is one thing that Android and Windows smartphones do not have, and that Apple spied on BlackBerry — when an incoming call, in addition to the basic information, the caller’s company name is displayed. When you work with a huge number of suppliers, sometimes you remember a company, not a name. And another Igor Sergeevich is calling you - and here is a hint on the screen: this is from the “Cheap Headphones” company, and not from “Powerful Batteries” - it means you can not pick up the phone and send a quick SMS message “I'm at a meeting, call back later” Recorder is, but the recording of the conversation is not provided.

During a call, you can instantly switch to a video call, provided that the interlocutor has BBM installed - the idea is excellent, but it does not work in Russia, and the solution from Windows Phone with its integration of Skype, iPhone with FaceTime definitely gains. Perhaps, Google will also soon be ready that it's time to integrate Hangouts into the dialer (as long as there is a separate application and again not for Russia).

Call log.

Attached Image

Samsung always annoyed me that the “magazine” is not only a list of calls, but also incoming messages (which also couldn’t be removed from it forever), on the iPhone it’s not obvious what the call was: outgoing or incoming, the photo from contacts are displayed. In BlackBerry, a classic call log with all attributes: colored icons for the call type, mobile / work indication, call time, and interlocutor photo. 5 points.

BlackBerry Hub - mail, messages and BBM

Lyrical digression. My first acquaintance with Blackberry OS 10 was rather unfortunate, I then tested the Z10. I remember, for a long time, I could not accept the fact that there was no separate mail client icon in the smartphone created for working with mail! From experience with other operating systems, this simply should not be! Now, after using BlackBerry for a long time, I find it even convenient - all email messages are in the BlackBerry Hub.

Attached Image

To work with BB Hub, you need to create a BlackBerry ID, and then set up accounts for your mail, social networks and instant messengers. All notifications about new messages will be aggregated in the Hub and displayed on the lock screen. When an incoming message, if the phone is in your hands, a pop-up notification appears, to which you can immediately answer without launching the application. It came up with BlackBerry, and the rest just took it over.

What other advantages: To view only unread messages, you need to tweak your fingers in BB Hub (as you reduce the photo on the iPhone).
Mark all unreads as read - keep your finger on the date of receipt of letters and select "mark previous as read" in the menu. This is impossible to do in any other OS!
In the Hub, you can view the nearest event from the calendar without going into it, pulling the list of incoming messages down.
And a bunch of features for fast mailing, mainly related to the qwerty keyboard.
What is missing: the ability to send a delayed message in the SMS.

BBM

Attached Image

This is a great messenger, which is not very popular in Russia, but practically became a donor of ideas for all other types of WhatsApp, Viber, KakaoTalk. From the unusual - it is possible to send a message with a timer - the one who receives it can read it only for the time specified by the sender, then the message becomes inaccessible for a simple one. You can revoke the sent message.

Keyboard: QWERTY or virtual?
Both types of keyboard have their own unique capabilities.

SCREEN KEYBOARD (Only for touch devices)

Attached Image

The design is beautiful, there is a separation between the letters in the manner of real keys. Its main difference from iOS and Android keyboards in the system of word guessing and the way they are displayed: after the start of typing, variants of suitable words begin to appear directly on the keyboard, and to insert them into the message, you just need to brush right up from the keyboard.
At first, this type of typing takes some getting used to, but after adapting, you can rewrite “War and Peace” on your BlackBerry in less than a month))). The keyboard learns and adjusts to your style (pressing force, speed, choice of words), and after a while it will perfectly guess which word you were going to write.

Mechanical QWERTY keyboard
The owners of Classic, Passport are very fond of their smartphones, not least of all (and perhaps first) for the presence of a mechanical YTsUKEN-keyboard. In my opinion, the matter is not even in the typing speed (many text on the touch keyboard is typed faster than I am on the PC), but in additional bonuses that cannot be realized on the touch keyboard.
The first advantage is the end-to-end search through the entire content without an additional call to the search program — you start typing and the search results immediately appear on the screen.
The second advantage is the use of cuts to simplify the work - there are more than two hundred, and you can create your own. Here are some typical examples:

"C" (create) - in the BlackBerry Hub creates a new letter,
"R" (replay) - reply to the message,
"F" (forward) - forward the message,
In any list:
"T" (top) - flips to the first item in the list,
"B" (bottom) - lowers to the last element of the list,
"N" (next) is the next element (for example, the next message),
"P" (previous) is the previous item.

The space key, like "our urchin has ripened everywhere" - in the browser it scrolls down a page, and shift + space on a page up. The camera is responsible for switching shooting modes from a photo to video. Well, in the correspondence by double pressing you can put a full stop.

Chip. "Type-N-Go" (part of BB Assistant, about which below) - allows you to send a tweet, update the status in the FB, create a note or task without starting these applications at all !!! You start directly from the desktop to type "tweet" and the text of your message, then just click send. All is ready. Similarly, we act for other programs.

Photo.

Attached Image

There are options for viewing by date, albums (folders), on the map by geotags and favorites. There is an advanced editor that allows you to impose all sorts of filters, crop images for Instagram, frames - there is almost no need for third-party editing applications. All photos taken with the camera and screenshots fall into one folder, but for photos from applications (WhatsApp, instagram, etc., their folders are automatically created in the gallery). The gallery is integrated application StoryMaker - is an application for creating videos based on your photos taken at about the same time or in one place. An interesting opportunity, but no more.

Compared to Android, I like the organization of the BlackBerry gallery more, because not catching up the video. Unlike the iPhone, the BlackBerry does not cut the pictures when you synchronize folders with your PC to fit the screen. And only on WindowsPhone the gallery features are higher, because There is an integration with albums in FB and OneDrive.
Classic and Passport square screens do not interfere much with comfortable viewing of photos, because the 1: 1 aspect ratio is much closer to the 4: 3 format, in which professional SLRs are taken than to the 16: 9 format of modern touchscreen smartphones, and therefore the space occupied by black bars on less screen - sort of instagram in real time)))
The album understands the formats BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, SGI, SVG, TSG, TIF, WBMP.

Video player

Attached Image

Samsung smartphones have one feature when playing a video, for which I want to break the phone against the wall every time - when a message arrives, the sound in the film fades (disappears) for 3-4 seconds and you hear "ding-ding" notifications. You have to rewind this place to hear the characters talk. In BlackBerry, in such a situation, the sound is muffled, but does not disappear, and you can set up a profile, such as "video", in which only vibration will be triggered by incoming messages and you will not need to rewind the moments missed by the messages.

On BB you can and should watch any movies - 720p, FullHD, DVDrip, .mkv. If you want to do this with a regular player, remember only 1 rule - when downloading a movie, make sure that the audio track is not recorded in AC-3 or DTS-HD (this is not the best, but the most common codec for sound that is recorded with a movie on Blu -Ray disks, and often it is just too lazy to convert everything to everyone, for example, in AAC (which is definitely not worse, but it is supported on 100% of smartphones), so the audio track in AC-3 is stuffed even in cam-rip in .avi), everything The rest of the player will digest without problems. The video player can show subtitles, play files cyclically, stream the image to the TV through the miracast adapter. All this is true for the Z30, because on the Passport and Classic square screens, viewing will not be a real pleasure, except short YouTube clips.

All popular formats are supported: 3GP, 3GP2, M4A, M4V, MOV, MP4, MKV, MPEG-4, AVI, ASF, WMV, WMA, MP3, MKA, AAC, AMR, F4V, WAV
and codecs: ... H.264, MPEG-4, H.263, AAC-LC, AAC +, eAAC, MP3, PCM, Xvid, AMR-NB, WMA 9/10, VC-1, VP6, SPARK, PCM MPEG-2

Music player and FM radio

Attached Image

The player is standard, with support for all popular formats, including FLAC for lovers of high-quality sound. It can play .m4b files (Apple’s audiobook format), but doesn’t support chapters - can this not support this format? When listening through headphones, you can rewind to the next track by holding the volume buttons. When you remove the headphones from the jack, the player pauses. Album covers are supported, but not on the lock screen. Of the features - when an incoming call, the player pauses, but at the same time you hear silence - the call melody is not transmitted to the headphones. There is FM radio, no podcasts.

List of supported formats: AAC, AMR, AWB, FLAC, M4A, MKA, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA, F4V, GSM, Vorbis, QCELP

Browser and YouTube

Attached Image

The browser is simple, fast, convenient. Bookmarks can be placed in the main menu on the desktop or in a separate folder, there is a reading mode, in which the "thingies" are removed and the text changes to a comfortable level, you can invert the text and background color. Most of all I like the location of the address bar at the bottom of the screen, and the fact that after loading the page the browser removes all the elements, leaving only the site on the screen. No less interesting is the fact that BlackBerry does not require a separate application to view and work with YouTube - the browser does an excellent job with this, showing videos in full screen. One could say that the browser is cool, if it were not for the lack of synchronization with any desktop browser, as was done in Chrome, Safari, IE10, FireFox ... it seems no browser has forgotten ...

Maps and Navigation

Attached Image

There are maps and navigation - do not get lost. Navigating on a square screen is no less comfortable than on a widescreen one, but BlackBerry’s cards are much inferior to competitors in detail, and there’s no 3D mode in navigation mode. After all, you still used Yandex-Navigator on both Android and iOS? Nothing prevents you from continuing to do this on your BlackBerry.

Other programs

Attached Image

File manager. Allows you to work with user files without using third-party synchronization programs. There is integration with DropBox - which to some extent eliminates the lack of its own services, similar to Google Drive, OneDrive and iCloud. I now have 50GB in there, so everything is fine)))
Smart tags. To work with NFC tags and QR codes
Documents to Go. View, edit, and create Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents (editing only).
Calculator. Engineering. Tip calculation mode and currency converter are attached.
Print to Go. Document from smartphone send print nnn-nn-a-do?
Adobe Reader. For reading pdf.
Password Manager. One of my favorite programs, which was previously built into the firmware of all BlackBerries, which made it possible to recover from a backup copy without any extra gestures after reflashing. Now it is a separate application with the same functionality: storing passwords under a password.

App Store BlackBerry World and Android applications.

Attached Image

The main complaint about BlackBerry lately is the lack of apps in their store. In Apstore and Play Market - a million applications in each? Windows is not far from them. In the store BlackBerry World - 300 000?
In my Android smartphone, at best, there are 100 applications, of which I use constantly 20-30. This of course does not mean that you can find everything you need in BlackBerry World, but comparing the number of programs in each store is just as meaningless as measuring the performance of smartphones with virtual parrots benchmarks.

The store itself is quite convenient - there are categories, and in almost every one you can find the program you need. Personally, I found for myself a program for reading e-books, an RSS reader, a fitness application, travel planning with the ability to track flights and hotel reservations, and some other software that is not inferior in quality to those found in Google and Apple stores. There are few games, but they are there. There is a section in which you can find all applications purchased and installed by you. On the downside, I would attribute the lack of automatic updates, which means you will have to periodically go into this section and check for updates. BlackBerry quite elegantly bypassed this trouble - in each application there is a mechanism that tracks new versions, and when starting for example Facebook, it will make it clear that you can update it.
About the fact that BlackBerry supports Android applications has not written yet unless a lazy browser from the village of Kukuyevo from the newspaper Pioneerskaya Pravda, therefore I will not repeat - everything that you did not find in the BlackBerry application store, you can install using .apk files or from third-party stores such as Yandex-stor, Amazon (pre-installed on the BlackBerry) or tinker a little longer and install the original Play Market store from Google.

Voice Assistant and Cortana, Siri, Google Now
Well, for sweetie BlackBerry Assistant - voice control from Blackberry.

Attached Image

Using voice control in English, you can send a tweet, create a note, a task, start music, dictate a message, open a browser page, update the status on Facebook, call, find out the weather forecast, sport news, find a schedule of cinemas nearby and buy a ticket, book a table in a restaurant, plan a route to it on the map, set an alarm clock, here most likely you have already stopped reading, so I’ll add that you can ask for coffee and it will brew, and it's nice to chat about anything - for example, find out the answer to the main question of the universe and everything. In Russian, you can send a tweet, create a note, a task, start music, dictate a message, open a browser page, call. Of all the above, only the last one has earned me. So, there is still something to work on. But if you compare only the English-language capabilities, the BB Assistant is not inferior to Cortana, Siri and Google Now.

Working hours
It's all very individual. In my mode of using a smartphone, only one was able to work from 6:45 to 24:00 and at the same time not completely deplete, and this is not a BlackBerry;)
I used to test Q10 (2100mAh), and it discharged fully by 20:00 at maximum load. According to reviews of Passport owners, it can work up to 2 days at an average load, and Classic until late at night at maximum load - and I have no reason to disbelieve it.

Findings. BlackBerry, as the main phone. BlackBerry as the only phone
I did not have a goal to write a full review of the BlackBerry OS, a lot remained outside the scope of this note (BlackBerry Bland, for example). I wanted to understand for myself - is it possible to use the BlackBerry as the main phone without harming myself in the functionality.
I would definitely give the BlackBerry Classic a chance to settle in my pocket, as the main phone - he knows everything he needs and sometimes even more. At the same time, I would transfer some of the multimedia functions to the tablet - watching movies, photos, reading books and surfing the Internet for a long time. Z30, I would even dare to recommend to lovers of touch monoblocks as the only phone - it easily copes with all the functions that may be needed, except for buying music, movies and books in one place.

Behind this say goodbye to you, see you soon!

p.s. In view of the fact that I only had a Blackberry Q10 in my hands, I would like to thank friendly resources for taking screenshots of other devices from them: www.mobile-review.com, www.necessary valid.ru and www.blackberries.ru

Post has been editedfotoelement - 11.05.17, 15:43

--------------------
I do good
sanda5
Message#2
02.02.15, 14:54
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 639
Check in: 07.07.09
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Snapdragon 3/32

Google / ssotovarischami, envious competitors, "devoured Blackberry"!
And yes, their axis is much more convenient to use. + very good resiliency! : yes2:

--------------------
"... only Lokhi, believe in the privacy of the Internet!" ;) ___ A.S. Pushkin
AntonivkA
Message#3
14.02.15, 15:42
User
[offline]

Messages 84
Check in: 26.06.09
Blackberry passport

BlackBerry is a QNX-based real-time operating system (whatever that means).

Real-time systems do not allow system response delays, as this can lead to:
loss of relevance of results;
big financial losses;
accidents and disasters.

Therefore, all sorts of Android, iOS, windows phone are not real-time systems and will never work to respond to the execution of commands as you would like.

BlackBerry - young energetic, managed to win a couple of medals in weightlifting, but decided to change roles. To exercise fits responsibly. If you take up something, bring it to the end, there are some excellent training of your own, but you don’t have enough time to do all the exercises. Hopes to win a couple of medals already in bodybuilding. She looks with interest towards the sportswoman in a pink sports suit.

What are you saying ?! the QNX system was, is and will be the leader among the RTOS. besides, if you take the Blackberry as a whole, then he is the father of all today smartphones. Why is it not so popular? Because the masses need a pink toy assembled on the knee and working on the same OS.
Well, Google, Apple, Microsoft will not do OS on QNX for several reasons:
There are no relevant experts, oddly enough.
huge development costs.
unintelligible prices of end devices.

Well, if any of them began to develop the OS on qnx, then they would not have reached the level of blackberry for 30 years.

Post has been editedAntonivkA - 14.02.15, 15:43
Clickermann
Message#4
14.02.15, 16:57
User
[offline]

Messages 64
Check in: 01.10.13
Microsoft Lumia 640 DS LTE

First, you need to answer the question: "What the hell, a user of iPhone, Android, Windows Phone may even decide to look in the direction of the BlackBerry?"

Device security Real, not imaginary. Critical for those people who store not only photos of cats, but something more important.
And at the same time in the event of loss / theft of the device, they do not need to steam. Compromising data is excluded by almost 100% (if the device is encrypted and password protected, of course). Varinas pheasant (as one widely known person likes to express himself in narrow circles :))
This interest ends, unfortunately.
AntonivkA
Message#5
14.02.15, 17:00
User
[offline]

Messages 84
Blackberry passport

I also forgot to add that it can not but rejoice - the lack of user assemblies (of course there are several modifications, but this is trivial). It is very nice when there are no 17-year-old Vasya Pupkin there who imagined themselves to be programmers because of the creation of their own build of firmware.
Clickermann
Message#6
14.02.15, 17:21
User
[offline]

Messages 64

* AntonivkA,So nobody forces you to install Vasya Pupkin's govnodelera. There is official support, and eat what give Apple, Microsoft. And what do people on android? That's right, just red-eye. Or do not blush. They have a choice. And what should people do at BBRY? Right,sit by the sea and wait for the heroesjust sit on the pope exactly, they were always hostagesRimBBRY. Nothing has changed in all these years. Stability is a sign of excellence, so it seems to be said. If this stability were ...
AntonivkA
Message#7
14.02.15, 17:51
User
[offline]

Messages 84
Blackberry passport

* Clickermann,
I'm not about that.
You can make the firmware on the android if you want for 1 evening. plus a high level language is very easy to learn. java flooded the planet just because it is simple and cheap, so it is molded by all and sundry.
Epl has a different story, you don’t spit in the direction, and you don’t need it. they have their own politics, their own fans, who will “protect their stubble” at the cost of their life.
wp - Windows - it is also a Windows in Africa.
with blackberry everything is different, more precisely with qnx on which the OS was built. it requires enormous knowledge, and not only the ability to program, but also knowledge of circuit design. therefore, any user modifications are a feat and work, and it’s up to you to decide whether to use them or not.

PS: I did not write about who forces someone. "every draw .... how he wants" and this is his own business. I said that there is no contingent of youngsters or just stupid people with their vyser firmware. it's just an opinion from the side and I do not prove anything to anyone.
Clickermann
Message#8
14.02.15, 18:25
User
[offline]

Messages 64

* AntonivkA,
No, I understood everything perfectly, I assure you, and I completely agree with every word, except for one fundamental thing. It's not about QNX. The point is not in the lack of personnel as such (they exist, believe me, in words). The thing is ... no one needs this. Neither the developers (what for to strain to make software under the platform with incomprehensible perspectives on API, maintenance, backward compatibility and support). Not a company that apparently did not want to build its ecosystem. That's all, the circle is closed.Ruin in their headsa problem in management that has been methodically killing a company all these years. They just stupidly do not know how (or do not want) to work in the market where the rest of the mainstream feels brilliant. It needs to change the business model at the root. Or not to twitch, but to develop our traditionally strong position in the enterprise. Unfortunately, it comes to BBRY very hard. They shoved withpig snout in Kalashny rowagainst an apple without vskoy model. And, naturally, lost. But warned that this will end. Now adequate development directions are visible, hope seems to have begun to glow, but ... they stupidly have no time. Remember my word, the next year or two Microsoft (can) shut up everyone with its ideology of a transparent ecosystemanytime and anywhereThey are the closest to this. This is the trend for the coming years.
Returning to the topic my IMHO: I do not see any advantages of the 10th platform against all other competitors. But! If the blackberry had turned on the brain and did not chop the branch on which it was sitting (I mean the crawling burial of BIS and the loud burial of BBOS 5 and BBOS 7), now its position in the market is quite possible (and, by the way, the confidence of the common user) above. A holy place is never empty, the app is eating it in a corporate party the only way. Microsoft issued on the mountain 10 platform, which already looks promising.
Ay, BBRY?
AntonivkA
Message#9
14.02.15, 18:35
User
[offline]

Messages 84
Blackberry passport

* Clickermann,
As far as I remember, the Blackberry was replaced not so long ago by the leadership at which they developed the Blackberry Passport, it seems to me that all the same the company will break through, or rather I hope so. Time will tell.

Well, about Microsoft with 10-Coy - then of course they tried and they are a big plus. There are no complaints about 10-ku, what is decopic, what is mobile (of course Tehnical Priview). Although many may not agree, but this is everyone’s business.
Clickermann
Message#10
14.02.15, 19:35
User
[offline]

Messages 64

As far as I can remember, the Blackberry was replaced not so long ago by the leadership

I would say inthe nextonce changed leadership. Well, God bless him, we will see what they violate there.
In fact, there are more terrible things in business. And the worst thing is the loss of trust and the loss of a person (or reputation, whatever you like.) And so. What have we always known about RIM aka BlackBerry? Yes it is. The fact that there is data stored in Fort Knox. No one. Nowhere. Never reach them can not. This has been hammered into our heads for many years, isn't it?)? But platform number 10 has come and .... what do we see?
BBRY began to catch the handThere is no perfection in the world, and these too. Briefly summary: when setting up a mail account in a standard email client in OS 10, account data (login and password) are transferred to a special BB server, which with them makes a preliminary test connection to the corresponding mail server. Thus, BB gets access to your mail without your knowledge. Surprise o.O
It can be argued with a great degree of confidence that this data is used for “collaboration” with the NSA and other similar structures, as is done by Google, Apple, Microsoft, Yahoo, and so on. (Hi to Snowden) How grit, think for yourself, decide for yourself, but I turned off BIS from sin: thank_you :. Estessno, 10 BBRY I will never have.
Well, what is my profit left? High-quality caller-sms-planning-tasks-naponinalko and local data encryption. That's all. While satisfied. As soon as I see OpenVPN and OpenPGP on Windows Phone, on the same day, the Internet and mail are turned on to a thread of lumiya, and the bold is put on the shelf in the cabinet: yes2:. Something like this.
Tymnev
Message#11
14.02.15, 20:01
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1214
Check in: 21.11.11
Blackberry passport

As far as I remember, the Blackberry was replaced not so long ago by the leadership at which they developed the Blackberry Passport

Passport development of the previous manual, while the new manual has only given birth to a classic and ordered a set3 foxcon ..
AntonivkA
Message#12
14.02.15, 22:03
User
[offline]

Messages 84
Blackberry passport

As soon as I see OpenVPN and OpenPGP on Windows Phone

It seems it will not be soon. (
Clickermann
Message#13
14.02.15, 22:40
User
[offline]

Messages 64

It seems it will not be soon. (

In any case, there is reason to hope and wait. Decisions are numerals. Let's wait a little when MS will pick up a certain critical percentage in the market, and then, I suppose we will see AutoCAD on the smartphone: D (not to mention TrueCrypt). In contrast to the BBRY in Microsoft (for some reason) listen to people. Moreover, they don't just listen and say,but also do
In general, it was always difficult to suspect me of sympathizing with proprietary software, and MS was finally an enemy in life: beee: but I note a fact: after Balmer’s departure, the office began to develop more adequately. I see the logic. I see goals. I hear the words and see the deeds. They are great (did not want to say this, but this is true: yes2 :)
It's a pity. Nothing like this I can not say about the BlackBerry. It seems to me that these people either smoke something strange, or live on another planet.
fotoelement
Message#14
16.02.15, 16:47
I do good.
[offline]

Messages 521
Check in: 10.10.06
Lenovo Moto G5s XT1794

guys, thanks for kamenty, pleased))

--------------------
I do good
not4me
Message#15
05.03.15, 18:02
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 6
Check in: 09.02.15

Great post, thanks =)
There is a certain interest in this system and in the q10 apparatus. How relevant is it to take during the year and how is bb with updates? I'm looking for a device (I'm sick of it, I'm sick of the android, I haven’t really tried wp yet, I thought about the old and trusted nokia e72, but he still has a long beard, yes + you can't find a new one already ...)
I am waiting for the device:

1) Bugless interface operation (without lags and friezes)
2) Calls (a little bit of video calls on the front-line),
3) A little mail (icloud),
4) A little sms,
5) Reading news in the browser (or rss)
6) Fm radio
7) The minimum set of maps (navigation around the city, house numbers, etc.)
8) Work in the average mode, during daylight hours and without recharging
9) Fotochki in passing, the most simple =))

That's all, I plan the main unit.
I am not ready to spend a lot of money (during the year I will try to purchase at a price no more than 12-13 tr, if possible)

I repeat the question - How relevant is it to take it (bb q10) during the year and how does bb have updates?

Post has been editednot4me - 05.03.15, 18:03
Zane76
Message#16
06.03.15, 11:48
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
Check in: 23.03.12

* not4me,
acquire, do not be disappointed
The OS works stably, quickly, there are almost no failures, from the point of view of "system philosophies", it involves a lot of little things about communication and alerts, after using which you are surprised, as in 2015, there is no such thing in other smartphones
with updates they play like competitors, here is a window, then a button will be added, but for me 10.3 version is not finalized
the connection catches steadily, a good hardware audio path: the interlocutor is perfectly audible,
Blacberry Hub accumulates incoming messages from SMS, mail and social networks on one desktop
fm radio is present, but the functionality is rather austere
in your mode of using the phone, the battery should theoretically be enough for 0.8-1 light days
the camera is more suitable for texts and documents
Pricing is very strange and depends on the region: the device can sell with a double mark-up, can be slightly higher than the cost, familiarize yourself with the signs of the original BB, the benefit is almost not fake, and be sure to request inspection of the phone and box before you buy
I recommend to pay attention to the non-standard size and resolution of the screen Q10 - there may be problems with viewing not converted video and launching Android applications

Post has been editedZane76 - 06.03.15, 12:06
not4me
Message#17
06.03.15, 18:02
a guest
[offline]

Messages 6
Check in: 09.02.15

Zane76, thanks.

And what to look for when buying and about what to inspect this phone?

A little alarming is its maintainability and certainly the lack of detail in the workshops and service centers (well, this is for the future)

Do you have any secret links with attractive prices for this model? =)
Zane76
Message#18
06.03.15, 19:53
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
Check in: 23.03.12

* not4me,
In general, the standard test apparatus before buying, but apart from it you should pay attention to: appearance, BB seal is usually good materials and assembly, without backlash and cracks; Phone certification - Q10, if I'm not mistaken, is not sold in the country, but some stores offer the Q10 model with self-made engraving of the keyboard for Russian or a simple replacement of the key block; modification of a specific device - SQN100-X, depends on it whether the phone will carry out work in specific standards and frequency bands of cellular communication; PIN-personal number of the device, its absence in the setting \ details should be alerted.
All of the above information is available on a exactly glued label on one of the sides of the box and must match the data on the device.
In large cities, there are quite a few workshops where BB repair is on the list of services, probably there is a risk of extra charges for "complexity" and "blackness", but these are only guesses; in case of independent repairs, problems may arise with the search for spare parts and instructions / manuals; in any case, you must provide a guarantee store
I do not have any secret shops, but you can take a look at the Purchase sub-forum or search the market. If this is your first BB phone, I highly recommend visiting the relevant resources and acquiring the possibilities before acquiring: BIS, BES, mail, protection.

Post has been editedZane76 - 06.03.15, 20:16
Sergun
Message#19
23.07.15, 10:47
Local
[offline]

Messages 197
Check in: 08.08.08
Asus p750

For me personally, "Blackberry security" is a very, very doubtful phrase, and will explain why below. I would be very grateful if someone would somehow refute my views on the situation.

1. The device itself does not allow control of traffic entering / outgoing to / from it. There is not any firewall at all. Which is very strange, considering the capabilities of QNX. Setting up and controlling traffic from a BES server is not the best option. Yes, ask any settings on BES, yes, these settings will be transferred to the device, but where is the guarantee that the device will blindly follow these settings? If the wifi traffic from the device can still be monitored by viewing the logs of the router; then the mobile traffic cannot be analyzed - none of the mobile operators will provide a detailed log. And where the device climbs over cellular networks - only RIM (Blackberry) alone is known.
In my opinion, stammering about security, you should at least provide a sane firewall on the device itself.

2. The next thing that is alarming is BES. Having in the arsenal of QNX - undoubtedly one of the best operating systems, RIM managed to build BES exclusively for Windows only. Not the best and most reliable OS in terms of security. Honestly, the reason for choosing this particular OS is interesting. Although this can still be tolerated, since the suspicious activity of your own server with Windows + BES is not difficult to control.
nedvorowoy
Message#20
24.07.15, 14:18
Wheels are our friends
[offline]

Group: Curators
Messages 1117
Check in: 18.02.14
Blackberry passport

* Sergun,
In your post notes of great chagrin are caught. It feels like everythingBB smartphonesmust be perfectly thought out and erected in an absolute, a sort of crown of the creation of mobile (in terms of security).

1. For leaks in BBRY.
The discussed mobile construction company is not a shalman from tehnogikov living in the garage of his mother, who opposes the government, but a large company included in the telecommunications network. Large techno players (Google , Apple , Microsoft , BBRY , etc) always have the option of hidden feedback on their manufactured devices (this is not even disputed). And in terms of personal interests and at the request of the state. security services. So none of the major manufacturers will produce massiveand anally enclosedcommunication product without any such surprises (" Homeland hears, Homeland knows Where in the clouds her son flies "). And constantly eating traffic BBM It will alert you how much you would like (the blackberry icon on the display is State Department on the line).

2. According to windows / QNX.
Here I sit and imagine how most usersBES run to set QNX for the sake of security for the sake of funktsionalu: lol:
Nothing interesting thatBBRY chose Broken Windows because This is the most popular OS on desktops. QNX is not a contradictory attractive Mac OS, which has been in place since the mid-80s and is able to give competition Microsoft with ihnim product Yes, and BBRY shareholders do not have the same investment asApple to crush ~ 6% of the market ( here I ask you to make a conclusion: what temporary and financial investments were made to achieve this percentage ), but without exhaust no product lives long. And again, I see BBRY asking for a trillion loan(s)paper people for instant increase the same percentage of the audience.
It is worth only to be glad thatQNX trying to enter the car market. Increased safety units need(which is already possible is a thread Unix-like product), and for the sake of them to spend costly movements - the word profitability here is clearly superfluous.

General conclusion:
I will not list the advantages / disadvantages of other OSs, but with the birthBBOS 10 at BBRY LTD vector aims to expand the audience. Security is the 3rd, here only to survive in the market of mobile building.

P.S. Yes, the phrase "security and BlackBerry" can be attributed to old products Blackberry , and to today's - purely formally, by old friendship. Pleases only - the closeness of the OS and an intuitive interface.

With respect and understanding.

--------------------
A50 M65 CX752
K790i W980i Arc S
1280 2710NE E72

2 pagesV  1 2 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/29/19 9:01 PM