Alcatel One Touch Y800 - Discussion
Discussion, firmware, problem solving.

Specifications
RangeMobile WiFiNetworks4GDownlink Speed100 Mbps
Weight & dimensions123 x 58.5.5 x 14 mm;
108gQualcomm MDM9215WiFi802.11 b / g / n
2.4 GHz
up to 10 users simultaneously connected
Display0.96 "OLED displayMemory2Gb NAND Flash + 1Gb LPDDROperating System Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7
Mac OS X 10.5-10.8
Battery1500 mAhConnectivity Micro USB 2.0 High Speed ​​Special Features Micro SD card slot (up to 32 GB)
Power key
WPS button
2FF SIM slot
Codes & Variants Y800B (FDD-LTE: 1800/2600 MHz, UMTS: 900/2100 MHz, GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
Y800Z (FDD-LTE: 800/900/1800/2600 MHz, UMTS: 900/1800/2100 MHz, GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz) Y800MA (FDD-LTE: 1800/2100 MHz, UMTS: 850 / 2100 MHz, GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder messages or in QMS. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedSithmaul - 30.03.17, 09:29
magtol
Message#2
13.01.15, 17:10
Experienced
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 538
Check in: 16.09.10
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

Good day!

Six months ago, a moped of type MiFi was purchased (4G LTE modem and router in one bottle).

Nice, stylish looking. Miniature and mobile (with akb). And relatively inexpensive, was taken for 2500r. Moderately buggy. It has a cup holder for charging. It can distribute the network via both WiFi and USB as a network device. Well maintains the standards of our operators. The average speed is 20mbits. Checked on the megaphone and mts.

Specifications:
Micro USB 2.0 interface
Battery: 1500mAh

Network Bands 4G LTE-TDD - 800/900/1800/2600 MHz. 3G UMTS / WCDMA - 900/1800/2100 MHz 2G GSM / GPRS / EDGE - 850/900/1800/1900 MHz.
Connectivity Interface USB Socket
Data Speed ​​Download up to 100 Mbps, Upload up to 50 Mbps.
3G / 4G Speed ​​100Mbps
Wi-Fi Speed ​​150Mbps
Memory 2Gb NAND flash + 1Gb LPDDR
Display Led indicators.
Antenna Internal antenna (it is possible to connect an external antenna, the socket under the battery cover)
Security WPS, WPA, Firewall.
Battery 1500mAh
Dimensions Size: 123 x 58.5 x 14 mm. Weight 130g.
Supported Systems Win XP, Win 7, Mac OS, Win 8, Linux, Android
Features Plug-and-play configuration.
LED Indication of WiFi / Power / Transmit Status across.
WiFi Security supports WEP / WPA / WPA2 / WPA (PSK) / WPA (PSK2).
Internal 2.4GHz Wi-Fi antenna supports 802.11b / g / n.
Management and configuration via web users interface from any computer or smartphone.
Firewall, VoIP, TR069 remote management, HTTP online upgrade, QoS, USB share, UPnP IPv6,
DLNA, fax, print, VPS, VLAN (option).
Package Contents
Alcatel Y800 4G Mobile Broadband.
Charger
USB data cable
Quick start guide

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Speed ​​measurement
Attached Image

And now the nuances:

It is stated that the Wi-Fi standard b / g / n, but in the settings you can set "b", "b / g" or "AUTO".
Also incomprehensible situation with the channels. You can set any of the 14 channels, but it really works either on 1 or on 6, while it does not depend on the settings and when rebooting, it jumps to 1 then 6 channel. I decided to reflash, I think it can eliminate this glitch, I even found the firmware on the office, but they are plagued by vague doubts about whether it will fail and whether it will turn out to be a brick at all, because the inscription "EE MOBILE" is on the box and the web-face, I suspect that this is either an Italian or a Spanish operator. But since Bought through Ali, it is completely unlocked. Actually it was a reason to write.

Post has been editedmagtol - 13.01.15, 17:12
vvevvevve
Message#3
13.01.15, 19:09
Guru
[offline]

Messages 7852
Check in: 02.12.08

It is stated that the Wi-Fi standard b / g / n, but in the settings you can set "b", "b / g" or "AUTO".

"AUTO" corresponds to b / g / n.
You can set any of the 14 channels, but it really works either on 1 or on 6, while it does not depend on the settings and when restarting it jumps to 1 then 6 channel

And this is a mistake, of course. Must remember. Maybe, he has a channel auto selector somewhere inside, and you just have these devices not occupied by neighboring devices? See what's on the air.
I found the firmware on the offsite, but they are plagued by vague doubts about whether it will not latch and whether it will not work at all a brick, because the inscription "EE MOBILE" is on the box and the web-face, I suspect that this is either an Italian or a Spanish operator. But since It was bought through Ali, it is completely unlocked

Anything can happen. Pitying is unlikely, but to die - completely.
Why do you buy the British version of the router (EE is a British operator), and even on Ali? Really, among the similar devices available in Russia, they could not choose anything?
magtol
Message#4
13.01.15, 21:40
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 538
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

"AUTO" corresponds to b / g / n.

Interesting logic, always thought that "auto" is just the same choice between the previous two. otherwise, if you believe your logic, then having 14 channels to choose from on the same modem, the "auto" mode, the channel selection corresponds to the 1-15 channel mode, right?
And this is a mistake, of course. Must remember.

Must yes here does not remember.
Maybe, he has a channel auto selector somewhere inside, and you just have these devices not occupied by neighboring devices? See what's on the air.

even wondering what was meant by this word - "somewhere inside"? Is it like inside the firmware or inside the chips?
On the air just the neighbors on the same channels, and therefore wanted to change, but I can not. so that I just did not do.
Anything can happen. Pitying is unlikely, but to die - completely.

why die completely? The firmware is on of.sayte, precisely for this device! and not somewhere out there on an incomprehensible forum.
Why do you buy the British version of the router (EE is a British operator), and even on Ali?

and where should I buy? have a choice?
Really, among the similar devices available in Russia, they could not choose anything?

I guess! for this money and close no competitors!

What kind of help or benefit is your post?
yudzin66
Message#5
14.01.15, 00:49
Local
[offline]

Messages 316
Check in: 20.06.10
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Wi-Fi

A year ago, he took on taobao, also unlocked EEmobile, works without problems. Released at the time at $ 65 with delivery. I took care of the firmware change, searched, did not find it, and calmed down on it. The only problem is that I cannot configure the filter by MAC addresses. By speed gives odds to many mobile routers.

Post has been editedyudzin66 - 14.01.15, 00:51
vvevvevve
Message#6
14.01.15, 01:05
Guru
[offline]

Messages 7852
Check in: 02.12.08

If you believe your logic, then having 14 channels to choose from on the same modem, the mode "auto" channel selection corresponds to mode 1-15 channel, right?

This question should probably be asked to the developers of this muzzle. I just described how it really works.
"somewhere inside"? Is it like inside the firmware or inside the chips?

Not. Among the platform settings that are unavailable for changing from the interface. As you can see, the muzzle in such glands is very "poor" in settings. This type of setting can be stored in one of the configuration files, its value can be set directly in any script executed during the download. In short, somewhere in the Linux part. I can not say more precisely.
why die completely? The firmware is on of.sayte, precisely for this device!

You do not know what firmware is in it now. It can be highly customized, it can have some sort of "binding" to the contents of NVRAM, or vice versa. There may be a hardware "binding" to a certain modification of iron (although this is unlikely). When replacing such an unknown firmware with the original “binding” condition, it can be broken with unpredictable consequences, up to its complete inoperability.
I guess! for this money and close no competitors!

I do not know what kind of money there is. Everybody has a choice: either take a normal, well-known, working device "in the next shop", or it is not clear what is on Ali, and then spend time solving various idiotic problems, like this range selection. In general, the standard time or money dilemma.
What kind of help or benefit is your post?

This is for you to judge. Maybe next time you will not buy unconventional equipment of dubious origin. :)
magtol
Message#7
15.01.15, 22:57
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 538
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

I took care of the firmware change, searched, did not find

As it did not find, at the office there is.
magtol
Message#8
15.01.15, 23:04
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 538
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

I do not know what kind of money there is.

and if you carefully read my first post, you can see the price there.

Everybody has a choice: either take a normal, well-known, working device "in the next shop", or it is not clear what is on Ali, and then spend time solving various idiotic problems, like this range selection. In general, the standard time or money dilemma.

sir, what do you know about ali? judging by the posts absolutely nothing. for "it is not clear what" about famous brands to say that past the hole to piss. expensive is not always the best if so, but I was not going to buy a modem for the highway for 8 mowers if the modem from the Alcatel is able to do the same, and it’s not known who is more stable.
This is for you to judge. Maybe next time you will not buy unconventional equipment of dubious origin. :)

Is this alcatel equipment of dubious origin? Oh well. Alcatel began to engage in communication for a long time iPhones, Samsung and others like them. so by the way.
Loyanich
Message#9
28.01.15, 09:59
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 4
Check in: 19.02.10

This is really a dubious modem ((no matter how it sounds. I bought it on Ali too, but bad luck after half a year, it just stopped distributing wi-fi. When I tried to reset it, it hung, after all I stopped connecting to the Internet. Firmware from The site also tried to flash before a breakdown, all attempts failed but the firmware was from the English operator, but it was modified and all attempts to flash the modem would not succeed, because the Chinese guys were very smart with ID oO So my modem turned into a $ 70 brick.
magtol
Message#10
31.01.15, 23:48
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 538
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

* LoyanichThank God, it works for me (I took it in May 2014), ugh, ugh, ugh. standing at work, never turning off. hangs every two weeks, helps reset. I distribute there is no beech, a couple of phones and a repeater. The only cant with Wi-Fi is that which channel you don’t set up, it spontaneously exposes either to 1 or 6. At which it can change it on its own during reboot. I still dared to change the firmware, but when I start the program, the modem sees, but does not identify. so I put a big bolt on the firmware and left it as it is. taking into account the price and its capabilities, he works out his money clearly. The speed indicator shows 30mbit in both directions and this is at 70% of the signal. I'm sure that at 100% the signal will be more, so the modem is good!

Post has been editedmagtol - 31.01.15, 23:48
Jaster9851
Message#11
10.02.15, 22:18
a guest
[offline]

Messages 1
Check in: 12.12.09

great, how to contact you, have problems with alcatel onetouch y800, need advice, if possible, write to [email protected]
yudzin66
Message#12
18.02.15, 05:11
Local
[offline]

Messages 316

Loyanich @ 01/28/2015, 5:59 PM*
When I try to reset it, it hangs, after I just stopped connecting to the Internet.

Try to remove and insert the battery, when turned on, first hold down both buttons, when the boot logo of the Alcatel lights up, release the "start" button, hold the second button until it is fully loaded; It helps me..
Shparoff
Message#13
15.04.15, 15:51
Local
[offline]

Messages 108
Check in: 08.10.12
Apple iPhone 8 Plus

I have been using this myth for more than a year, I am very pleased. Now I was concerned about buying an external antenna, so that at the dacha a confident reception was 3g +.
Tell me what type there is a socket under the antenna, it can be seen when the cover is removed.

When analyzing this device, I found two more slots on the board for the antenna (along the edge of the router), but there are no holes in the case. What are they for? Who knows?

--------------------
Motorola Talkabout 205, Nokia 3310,5510, Sony Ericsson t630, Nokia 3230, E71, HTC HD2, SGN2, SonyXperiaZ2, Xiaomi Mi MAX, Iphone 8 plus
magtol
Message#14
15.04.15, 16:08
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 538
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

* Shparoff
when talking with the seller, he said that it fits from the Huayway modems, i.e. I need to take with TS-9 connector, I never took it, I even thought of it, so you can take this one, but I won’t give a guarantee. As an option, if the connector does not fit, then it is stupid to buy an adapter in the radio store or solder to a new one, there are only two contacts.
http://www.aliexpress... 13531_32231293181.html

antenna jack under the cover

The modem is also almost a year old, it works almost without glitches, it is constantly connected to the network, only once a month it is necessary to reset, it hangs. speed really measured 30mbit. the only glitch in my modem is what is described above, it jumps spontaneously, then to the first one, then to channel 6. I set up a Wi-Fi repeater that monitors the channel itself. a simple waffle can no longer be configured, the channel is tied tightly there, and automatic in the repeater.

Post has been editedmagtol - 15.04.15, 16:14
yudzin66
Message#15
20.04.15, 10:56
Local
[offline]

Messages 316

The battery is swollen, the router is constantly in the database. Without it, the base does not work. Who knows how to cheat and make work? Or which battery is suitable?
magtol
Message#16
20.04.15, 11:11
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 538
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

* yudzin66,I also tried without a battery, it did not work out. I, too, have been at the base since May and have been warming well, but in reality there are not even hints of swelling. This is a controller problem, so it does not follow the charge very well. The only thing you can think of is to unsolder the contacts from the battery directly from the battery, it should be no more than 5V, it seems to me that there is so much (just for a fireman trying on a voltmeter), or look for a battery with a similar arrangement of contacts. I also soldered a jar of battery on the phone, inside the acb there is a bank, you pick up the size and you get drunk, the case contacts remain in place, but in case there are no batteries under it you will not find it. so two options.
Rockethd
Message#17
03.05.15, 21:24
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 13
Check in: 25.03.13

Hello everyone, the same situation, six months worked, the waffle disappeared, then it does not connect, the network sees the signal level and the operator has nothing else. Reset does not work. Inside qualcomm mdm5000, qpst it sees the entire file structure and folders can be considered. What's next to him is incomprehensible, can erase everything to hell and re-sew? The firmware is for the EE version, 2xrggb3, it is stitched but there is no sense in it, as if writing on top, you need to erase everything there, in nvram. Well, or remove the dump version of the working version and roll.
magtol
Message#18
04.05.15, 13:17
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 538
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

* RockethdBut on yusb did not try to connect? He also distributes the net according to the cord, only it is necessary to connect the cord before switching on the device. If it does, you can connect it to an external router that supports 3g modems, this will be better than the firmware. firmware can kill it altogether. For example, I did not even install the firmware, wrote that the version is incompatible.

in general, I already sold this moped 4 days ago for 4 mowers, and took a year ago for 2.5 :)))) I don’t want to take the exact same one, although it looks stylish. I choose between Alcatel One Touch Y855 and HUAWEI E589 4G, by the way on the highway there is a fake even cheaper :))))
Rockethd
Message#19
05.05.15, 10:47
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 13
Check in: 25.03.13

Yes, in general, I won it, I stitched it with someone else's firmware, who needs to knock on the person, I will give a link to the firmware, the latest version which I managed to find from 2014, but there is not Alcatel but Surfline, which is generally the same eggs, but at least it works - I will see otpishu on stability, at the moment on the run ...
There are still from the Polish operator Play, I will try it too ...
magtol
Message#20
05.05.15, 11:21
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 538
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini

* RockethdI think it would be better to describe the firmware process here. Meaning in a personal note for everyone? You never know who will need it?
yudzin66
Message#21
07.05.15, 14:28
Local
[offline]

Messages 316

* Rockethd, can, really, lay out here, with a description of the process?

2 pagesV  1 2 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/30/19, 05:35