> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

22 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Philips Xenium S398 - Discussion | Smartphone, 5 "
zoorgt
Message#1
12.01.15, 22:30
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 216
Check in: 18.07.14
Apple iPhone 7

DiscussionPhilips S398
PicturePhilips Xenium S398
Description | Discussion | PHILIPS CLUB

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games.
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison.
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

����������� �������������� download

Attached Image

screen: TFT IPS 5 ’’ 720x1280, capacitive touch;
processor: quad-core MediaTek MT6582M, 1.3 GHz;
graphics accelerator: Mali-400 MP;
operating system: Android 4.4;
RAM: 1 GB;
built-in memory: 8 GB;
memory card support: microSD up to 32 GB;
connection: 2G (SIM1 + SIM2): GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, 3G (SIM1 + SIM2): WCDMA 900/2100 MHz;
SIM: microSIM + microSIM (alternate communication mode);
wireless interfaces: Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.0, Miracast;
navigation: GPS, A-GPS;
camera: main - 8 megapixel (flash, autofocus), front - 2 megapixel;
sensors: light, approximation;
battery: 2,040 mAh, removable;
dimensions: 143.7 x 71.1 x 9.65 mm;
Weight: 170 grams.

Useful and Root
Recovery
Installing recovery TWRP and Philz
1) Download to computer SP_Flash_Toolhttp: //mtk2000.ucoz.ru…sp_flash_tool/5-1-0-14
2) Download the recovery itself.TWRP_2.8.5.0 TWRP_2.8.7.0 TWRP_3.0.0.0 PhilZ 6
3) Download the drivers and install//savagemessiahzine.com/forum/dl/post/3044460/Drivers.zip
4) Open the SP_Flash_Tool and in the scatter-loading file window find in the folder with the recovery file in txt format.
5) Next, click download and see that the check mark is just opposite RECOVERY !!!
6) Turn off the smartphone and connect it to the computer. It should go 5-10 seconds and TWRP will be installed (a circle with a green tick will appear on the computer screen) then turn on the device. If nothing happens, in 90% of cases, the driver does not stand under the phone and they need to be reinstalled.Many thanks to the forum member ewgesha89 !!!!
Firmware
Tests

Who puts the stock firmware through FlashTool, uncheck the Preloader, otherwise you can get a brick!

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedAlexanderL - 07.06.17, 16:46
Reason for editing: Edit
brame
Message#22
03.10.15, 19:07
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 18
Check in: 25.09.12
Philips S398

SergeyVectraVod @ 10/03/2015, 16:29*
I have firmware version V04. In the settings - about the device - the system update writes that this is the latest version. I read somewhere: "The latest and stable version of V08."

Put LOLLIFOX and MIUI V6 and V7 (thanks to the authors of custom firmware), but returned to stock1448_V04A_CIS Because of the speed, and the battery is not so quickly consumed. Therefore, I believe that the pursuit of updates on this device does not make sense, as long as there is no “candy” for it, and this is a completely different story ...
delta_integral
Message#23
11.10.15, 16:50
Local
[offline]

Messages 308
Check in: 09.10.15
Philips S398

I have two such models. Both are purchased in the Connected. The first for 7990 at the end of December 2014, the second at the beginning of July 2015 for 7490. December broke in the summer, slamming them on the knee - the screen blinked and went out. I read the reviews on the phones for a long time, in the end I took the same device again, although he brought me to white heat.
I confirm the reviews of those who mark the warming processor. I also do not recommend using the phone while it is charging. It really heats up to such an extent that it affects the correct operation of the sensor. For example, playing Gran Turismo 2 through an epsxe emulator, the lower part of the screen periodically fails every couple of minutes. Simply put, the arrows on the left side of the screen and the buttons on the right do not work. How it infuriates, I think, understandable. The same thing happens with the work of other emulators and applications in the event that the phone starts to warm up.
It charges very slowly both via the network and by usb. And the most futile is that sometimes the battery charges very quickly, and sometimes the phone, left at night with 20%, barely gains 80%.
I use only one SIM card, in the settings I forcibly set 2G. In the Internet most often go through Wi-Fi. No complaints, except for one detail. The phone itself works better with Wi-Fi enabled. Virtually no brakes. I know this very well, because for almost four months I used the first S398 only for surfing via Wi-Fi, for games, reading, photos. There was no sim card in it, as the phone I did not use it. Everything changed in April, it was worthwhile to put Sim card MF. Criticism began in the sensor. The phone became slower to turn on, the brakes started in the applications. Nerves ruffled it pretty, I regularly clapped and on the screen and on the lid. Surprisingly, the blows he kept, nothing broke. But at the end of June, as I wrote, after a strong cotton, he broke.
The second phone has exactly the same shoals as the first. The same problems with sound: first it plays softly, then a jump in volume follows. Judging by the reviews of other Chinese phones, this problem is very common.
On the previous pages, one girl wrote that she once had solid hieroglyphs on the screen when turned on. I had this when I removed the battery from a working phone: when I turned on, I had to see the Chinese alphabet. I just off / on the phone and everything was OK.
16 GB flash drive - not enough, I recommend taking 32 GB. The camera is really good, but the green is somewhat acidic. It happens that the picture goes in a stripe, i.e. the photo is divided into a blurry, then clear, then blurry again and again sharply. One gets the feeling that the camera is inflated to 8 megapixel programmatically. However, in the settings I set the maximum quality: all the same, the difference between 5 megapixels and 8 megapixels is noticeable. Of course, even a 5 megapixel camera on the old Nokia N95 8 GB, (I use it as a second phone) is much better than on the S398, but Philips wins in speed. Therefore, almost always I rent this phone - for instagram quality is enough.
It works tolerantly with pdf, if the files are too large, the pages will load for a very long time, and when you exit the application, the brake slide show is not excluded in the phone menu. In general, with this device you need to get used to regularly clean the cache.
No ruts and other manipulations done. All programs from the market. Total Comnander helps a lot, because with it you can put any tune on any notification. I explain: for example, in the calendar melodies can be selected only from the standard list. The same with the alarm clock. So Total Commander is indispensable. Since the standard organizer is just wretched, I installed isoTimer.
The sound quality in the player at the standard settings is terrible, but the equalizer allows you to bring the sound to a level above average. Headphones from Nokia do not fit - for some reason, the background is a characteristic pulsating sound.
Actually on the telephone part - calls, sms - there are no complaints, but if possible for this I try to use the N95 - I’ll never think of anything better than buttons.

In short: to buy S398 or not? I do not recommend. Especially I discourage taking a second-hand one.
zoorgt
Message#24
28.01.16, 16:09
Local
[offline]

Messages 216
Apple iPhone 7

AnTuTu Benchmark test + specifications

Approximately 20,000 parrots on stock firmware-V04A: rolleyes:
Screenshots
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
For the new flagship can not keep up.....
zoorgt
Message#25
28.01.16, 16:28
Local
[offline]

Messages 216
Apple iPhone 7

Instructions for updating the stock firmware from the off site. Through the stock recovery

1. Download software
2. Place the update file in the root of the memory card.
3. Turn off the phone.
4. Press and hold the power key and the volume key up (plus) at the same time.
5. Press the power key once.
6. Use the volume minus key to select “apply update from sdcard” and confirm the selection with the volume key up.
7. Select the update file and confirm with the volume key up.
8. After the software update process is completed, select “reboot system now” and press the volume key up.

However, I inform you that after replacing the software, the manufacturer recommends resetting to factory settings: menu - settings - restore and reset - reset settings - reset phone settings. I draw your attention to the fact that all user information from the memory of the smartphone (contacts, SMS / MMS messages, downloaded applications) will be deleted.

Post has been editedzoorgt - 28.01.16, 16:37

--------------------
formula76
Message#26
02.02.16, 20:58
Novice
[offline]

Messages 31
Check in: 21.01.16
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3/32

Zoorgt @ 09/23/2015, 00:37*
MIUI V7 5.9.17 From DarkZombi

* zoorgt, great firmware, all sorts of amenities. Recently, an update has come, downloaded! Asked to reboot and ... rebooted into recovery. I was looking for in the recovery how to put it there and .. not updated. Who can already updated it? Do you need it at all? What are the consequences, convenience and inconvenience? Thanks for answers)))
zoorgt
Message#27
02.02.16, 21:04
Local
[offline]

Messages 216
Apple iPhone 7

Formula76 @ 02.02.2016, 21:58*
* zoorgt, great firmware, all sorts of amenities. What are the consequences, convenience and inconvenience? Thanks for answers)))

You can not try to upgrade in this way will not work.
Tomorrow I'll throw off MIUI 5.11.12.
There will be an update file for it and separately the firmware of this version.
On account of the update file, I do not know exactly whether it works or not.

Post has been editedzoorgt - 02.02.16, 21:05

--------------------
zoorgt
Message#28
02.02.16, 21:10
Local
[offline]

Messages 216
Apple iPhone 7

Formula76 @ 02.02.2016, 21:58*
* zoorgt, o do you need it at all? What are the consequences, convenience and inconvenience?

Here is a list of changes if you upgrade to 5.11.
http://miuipro.ru/obzor-obnovleniya-miui-5-11-5/

--------------------
formula76
Message#29
02.02.16, 21:38
Novice
[offline]

Messages 31
Check in: 21.01.16
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3/32

* zoorgt, prompt, thanks!
zoorgt
Message#30
04.02.16, 18:26
Local
[offline]

Messages 216
Apple iPhone 7

MIUI update file to V7 (5.11.12)

Install via recovery, try it, do not test it myself. Later, I'll take off the V7 firmware itself (5.11.12)
link to download

Post has been editedzoorgt - 04.02.16, 18:46

--------------------
Philin65001
Message#31
07.02.16, 06:21
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 11
Check in: 12.01.14
Xiaomi Redmi 4X 2/16

Hello. So I decided to share my joy, how I managed to unscramble this device with testpoint. At the beginning of the store, V12A was a well-known firmware bug that I soon decided to fix with firmware V05A, but unfortunately I forgot to make a "Wipe" and it turned out an endless download of the "Philips" logo. Soon I found the firmware under "FlashTool" version V04A with "needrom.com" on the link that led from "mdforum.ru". I downloaded the firmware, the driver, Flashtool installed on the PC started to flash everything as it was written in the instructions."Frimaware upgrade" The device was flashed, the flash unit wrote "Ok" and the phone no longer responds to the buttons not to the "Usb" wire, Verdigt is clear "Brick". Began to drip further learned about testpoint and 4 5 contact. I decided to start with the contacts since I was not yet familiar with the testpoint, but the results were not visible. Soon I found the exact same point of the testpoint, though with a spear method, but fortunately nothing critical happened, then dripped into the flashlight as V04A didn’t want to get up on the device because of the wrong "Preloadera" found FlashTool v5.1548.00.000 from the header in the flashtools section . I was waiting for some kind of firmware under the flashlight and now a miracle appeared V14A. I downloaded it and put the body on, and it awoke from scaling, but immediately put V04A without "Preloadera" and successfully sewed and turned on. While I think to test it and then we'll see.
The spoiler shows a Testpoint and with which to short.
With the closure appears "Mtk Usb Port" what you need

Testpoint
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
paladiy
Message#32
08.03.16, 00:32
Experienced
[online]

Messages 546
Check in: 17.06.13

oh guys something has suffered port, put through a flashlight
TWRP 2.8.7.0
Download

TWRP 3.0.0.0 (Latest Version)
download

Post has been editedpaladiy - 08.03.16, 09:07
paladiy
Message#33
12.03.16, 21:07
Experienced
[online]

Messages 546

I had to root again through Kingo ROOT.

root is already embedded is included in the options for the developer

Posted 12/03/2016, 21:07:

GrouRY @ 03/11/2016, 5:22 PM*
By the way, in your stock with two sim cards, sometimes the Internet of the first sim card falls off.

GrouRY @ 03/11/2016, 5:22 PM*
By the way, in your stock with two sim cards, sometimes the Internet of the first sim card falls off.

try but make backup better, but I did not install it, because I don’t use mobile Internet
Attached fileModem_Fantom.zip(3.26 MB)
paladiy
Message#34
16.03.16, 20:18
Experienced
[online]

Messages 546

Attached filerecovery.img(7.12 MB)
PhilZ 6
paladiy
Message#35
16.03.16, 23:15
Experienced
[online]

Messages 546

Attached Image

About firmware
Fast, smooth, stable firmware based on Android 5.1.1

Download

Screenshots
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Gapps

Post has been editedpaladiy - 28.03.16, 23:08
paladiy
Message#36
16.03.16, 23:25
Experienced
[online]

Messages 546

Attached Image
Bun by sound only for Cyanogen mod 12-12.1-13
Attached fileDivineBeatsByTheRoyalSeeker_V4.0.zip(40.48 MB)

just flash and reboot (select TURN OFF when starting the player)

Post has been editedpaladiy - 16.03.16, 23:34
abu530
Message#37
21.03.16, 23:54
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1090
Check in: 23.09.14
Xiaomi Redmi 4A

Run SPFTool, choose 2 files:
1 processor driver (AllInOne.bin approximate
name) in the folder of the same SPFTool
2 scatter notebook from firmware ...
Pre-extracted all files from the archive into one any
daddy (clean)
Further find in Options (the top panel of the program) and
click on Connection, click on the checkbox all DL ad or
what is her ...
Click on the start and connect the smartphone.
If not, then connect the smartphone and then press
start...
There is a choice: All + Download, Firmware Upgrade.
All + Download from scratch records the system, exactly as
spelled in the scatter'e, deleted IMEI and some
license (I personally have ....)
IMEI to recover easier. But the license only
Only through the Gapps package and custom recovery ...
Well, at least a brick will not only be for nuts.
Hope to help.

Help please can not figure out what to do in the second paragraph. thank you in advance

--------------------
kravzov
Message#38
23.03.16, 16:52
User
[offline]

Messages 73
Check in: 30.06.10
Meizu m6s

Firewoodhttp: //mtk2000.ucoz.ru…/mtk_usb_all/2-1-0-106and google help

Post has been editedkravzov - 23.03.16, 16:54
velikashkin
Message#39
24.03.16, 10:27
[offline]

Group: Moderators
Messages 10052
Check in: 31.05.12
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 ZB602KL 3/32

M
The curator of the topic is appointedpaladiy

--------------------
paladiy
Message#40
29.03.16, 20:15
Experienced
[online]

Messages 546

Last updated 11/04/16

CyanogenMod 12.1 (5.1.1)

Attached Image

Screenshots
Attached ImageAttached Image

Download

Gapps

Installation
1. We put TWRP
2. We throw the archive with the firmware in the root of the memory card.
3. Go to the recovery, clamping the volume up button + while holding it, insert the USB cable connected to the PC and wait for the download of the recovery.
4. Now before installation we make wipes, for this we select the Wipe and format options item>Factory Reset>and Wipe Cache is all done with the wipes.
5. Exit Wipe. Poke Install zip>Choose zip from / external_sd select the archive with the firmware, install. (after installing the firmware, we don’t forget to flash Gapps)
6. Done, firmware and Gapps installed, the phone can be rebooted.

Post has been editedpaladiy - 13.09.16, 21:56
paladiy
Message#41
31.03.16, 21:46
Experienced
[online]

Messages 546

My question is this. After flashing on Cyan 12.1, in Youtube video quality is maximum 360p. How to fix so that you can watch in hd?

Try it.Attached fileCM12.1_Fix_youtube_720p.zip(3.4 MB)

22 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/19/19, 08:34