8 pagesV  « < 5 6 7 8 > »  

> OpenMediaVault (NAS) on the Allwinner A10 mediabox | Mele, IconBIT, Digma, etc. Discussion NAS firmware.
The list of users.
Do you use this firmware?
Yes, I use. [ 31 ] ** [39,24%]
No, I do not use and do not intend to. [ 9 ] ** [11,39%]
Not yet, but plan to use. [ 39 ] ** [49,37%]
Total votes: 79

kostyamat
Message#1
04.01.15, 03:34
Solver of others problems
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 3429
Check in: 07.11.09
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

OpenMediaVault on media boxes with Allwinner A10 processor

Assembly and adaptation by Kostyamat

OpenMediaVault is a new generation of network storage devices (network storage), a solution based on Debian Linux.
It includes software RAID (0,1,5,6), SMART / email, SSH, (S) FTP, CIFS (Samba), NFS, DAAP media server, RSYNC, ISCSI, BitTorrent client, and much another.
Thanks to the modular design, the possibilities can be increased with the help of plug-ins.
OpenMediaVault is primarily intended for use at home or in small offices, but is not limited to these scenarios. This is a simple and easy-to-use ready-made solution that will allow everyone to install and administer network storage without deep knowledge.

Homepagehttp://www.openmediavault.org/
Vika:https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenMediaVault
Russian forumhttp://homenas.ru/forum/
Video Settings (English)https: //www.youtube.co...ge&v=3NiZ5_l_jgk#t=445
Demo:http://demo.omv-extras.org
Opportunities
  • Javascript / AJAX based web interface (ExtJS based)
  • Protocols: CIFS (via Samba), TFTP, FTP, NFS, SSH, rsync, AFP, UPnP, BitTorrent and iTunes.
  • Extensions (plugins) for: DLNA, VirtualBox, MySQL, ClamAV, SVN, Web site, Git, OpenVPN, LDAP.
  • rsync server, client and local sync.
  • File systems: XFS, JFS and ext2 / ext3 / ext4 full support, NTFS read / write, FAT32 read / write support.
  • Hard drives: P-ATA / S-ATA, SCSI, iSCSI, USB and FireWire.
  • GPT / EFI support for hard disk partitions larger than 2 terabytes.
  • Network cards: all wired and wireless cards supported by Debian.
  • Boot from hard disk, USB, CompactFlash.
  • Hardware RAID: all those supported by Debian.
  • Software RAID levels: 0.1, 5, 6, JBOD, 5 + 0, 5 + 1, 0 + 1, 1 + 0, etc. (using mdadm).
  • Support 4KB formatting of hard disk sectors using advanced format such as Western Digital WD10EARS, WD15EARS, WD20EARS.
  • Support S.M.A.R.T.
  • Remote control syslogd.
  • SNMP monitoring.
  • Journal notifications and email reports.
  • UPS support (uninterruptible power supply)

Installation:
01/31/15 NEWDownload image for SD card 2GB:https: //drive.google.c...KZR2Y5QnR3UjdPNkk/view
Download tool for writing to the card:https: //drive.google.c...KZaktPMXExZElqdk0/view

The image can not be unpacked, the tool understands the packaged format.

1. Insert the card into the PC.
  2. Run the tool.
  3. Make sure the recording mode is switched to Device.
  4. Set the tool on the archived image.
  5. Click the Restore button.
  6. At the end of the recording process, insert the card into the console and boot from it.
  7. In the browser on the PC, go to the IP address of the console in WebInterface, enter the password.
  8. Everything, you can start setup of your NAS.

Root user:login - root, root password(root works only in console or ssh)Highly recommend a change! Team passwd
WebAdmin:login - admin, password - admin(admin does not work either in the console or in SSH)

All these cleverness with root and admin- OMV restriction
So, we use root in the system for updates, upgrades, corrections of configs in the system itself.
WebAdmin is used to work with settings and distribute rights to other users in the OMV webmord.

Specificity:
  • 1. The distribution has no graphical interface, it makes sense to connect to the TV only to look at the IP address, it can be seen at the end of the download, even twice :) Then it is desirable to disconnect from the TV, the device has a bad habit of switching the attention of the TV.
  • 2. fstabNOT involved in mounting partitions, ball, disks, etc. This makes the web shell and plugins. Better not to interfere with it.
  • 3. Wifi is visible as wlan0, but OMV does not know how to operate it, the built-in whistle also does not know how to operate in Master mode (AP-mode). As a window into the world - the interface is weak. In short, if you want, launch it with your hands. } -)
  • 4. I highly recommend formatting the drive in ext4 (this can also be done with the built-in OMV tools), which will increase the speed of writing files, according to Samba, exactly twice as compared to NTFS.
    Personally, I broke the disk into two identical partitions, one EXT4, the second - NTFS. On the first one, there is a file dump, the second one is downloading movies in 3D, which I then watch on DLNA on the Samsung SmartTV, it’s simply wildly convenient. For torrents speed NTFS with interest.
  • 5. The machine is runningupdxysitting onhttp: // ip: 1234
Example: 192.168.1.101:1234. Check how he lives:http: // ip: 1234 / status.If it hangs:http: // ip: 1234 / restart

Note: System updated, Debian repositories and OMV-extras.org installed. The system initially contains only those services that are included by default in the distribution. You will always find additional plugins in the “System” section ->"Plugins".

Useful links:

So guys, we start discussing: D
Image updated 01/31/2015 Now with the possibility of installation in the nand.
ps Due to the fact that the image is perfectly updated online, as well as the fact that there is nothing to finish in it, everything works out of the box, there will be no more updated images in the header. Put the current and update online.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS.

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 30.04.19, 23:38
Reason for editing: Armbian and customization experience
murad999
Message#122
27.02.17, 15:55
Guru
[offline]

Messages 2158
Check in: 10.05.09

Friends, one question.
Can't I download torrents in a trance to a network / local disk, and not necessarily to the one that the system is on or connected to the device.
Should the system even see devices on the network or is it only visible ??
And generally with a ball of problems, writes the following
Can't share user home directories because they are not enabled.
At that moment, both NFS and Samba are turned on, and a shared folder is created on the device.

Post has been editedmurad999 - 27.02.17, 17:41

--------------------
Lenovo L520 / Core I7 2670 QM / Intel HD 3000 / 16Gb DDR3 / SSD Samsung 840 EVO-120Gb / Kingstone 120G /
kostyamat
Message#123
04.01.18, 22:22
[offline]

Messages 3429
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

Guys, updating the image on my part will not be. I just don’t have access to the device right now.

If you don’t have anything updated, most likely the repositories were transferred to another hosting. The project is not closed. So, look for repositories and edit. Everything will start working again.

--------------------
TVBoxs:MINIX Neo X5.Smart:OnePlus One CM12.1S (root + TWRP)The tablet:CHUWI Vi8 Win / RemixOS (root + TWRP-SE)
OpenMediaVault (NAS) on the Allwinner A10 mediabox
sir.ali
Message#124
20.07.18, 16:13
Local
[offline]

Messages 250
Check in: 15.05.15

So, look for repositories and edit. Everything will start working again.

Please tell me how to do this?
kostyamat
Message#125
20.07.18, 17:51
[offline]

Messages 3429
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

* sir.ali,look in the openvault documentation. Everything is on the Internet. I do not have access to the device. There is nothing to check.

Have you even tried to bet? Maybe you don’t have to change anything.

--------------------
TVBoxs:MINIX Neo X5.Smart:OnePlus One CM12.1S (root + TWRP)The tablet:CHUWI Vi8 Win / RemixOS (root + TWRP-SE)
OpenMediaVault (NAS) on the Allwinner A10 mediabox
belka1
Message#126
20.11.18, 18:13
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 31
Check in: 14.09.12

guys need help costs Open Media Vault (OS armbian debian 9) when trying to access the web interface gives such an error
can anyone know what the problem is?

Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused
Error # 0:
OMV \ Rpc \ Exception: Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140
Stack trace:
# 0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV \ Rpc \ Rpc :: call ('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
# 1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login (Array, Array)
# 2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array (Array, Array)
# 3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV \ Rpc \ ServiceAbstract->callMethod ('login', Array, Array)
# 4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV \ Rpc \ Rpc :: call ('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
# 5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV \ Rpc \ Proxy \ Json->handle ()
Ertu
Message#127
27.01.19, 19:11
Novice
[offline]

Messages 37
Check in: 19.10.17
Alcatel Pixi 4 (5) OT-5010D

Hello, please give the firmware. I want to make my home NAS.

--------------------
Nokia 3610 (default firmware) ->Alcatel One touch pixi 4007D (jipop) ->Explay Tornado (Resurrection Remix) ->Alcatel OT-5010D (Pixel Experience)
rk3066
Message#128
18.02.19, 18:53
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 3
Check in: 29.08.15

please update the firmware link.
sir.ali
Message#129
26.02.19, 18:22
Local
[offline]

Messages 250
Check in: 15.05.15

* qadik,
* rk3066,
Catch

Worse is another ...
It doesn’t want to be updated anywhere from version 1.11 :-(

P.S. Who can update the version, please share your experience.

Post has been editedsir.ali - 27.02.19, 11:26
rk3066
Message#130
01.03.19, 20:01
a guest
[offline]

Messages 3
Check in: 29.08.15

* sir.ali, Thank you very much.
Romarik
Message#131
27.03.19, 20:22
a guest
[offline]

Messages 9
Check in: 31.07.07
Honor 5C (Europe)

Guys, about the update. There was probably an update to the release, so the system stupidly does not see half the turnips. Yesterday I took a little steam about this, spat. Put from zero on the first cubibord. As a result, we have 18 console ubuntu and mediault 4.1
It works with two disks (one NTFS, the second - ext4), rustling in the morning. He set everything with his hands. Updates stretch perfectly in the console (apt update) and OMV is elementarily pulled from the console. If necessary - I will write in more detail. From and to the time it took 2 hours.

Attached images
Attached Image
batura08
Message#132
30.03.19, 19:14
Novice
[offline]

Messages 39
Check in: 10.01.15
Microsoft Lumia 640 DS LTE

Can be more!!!
Romarik
Message#133
31.03.19, 02:26
a guest
[offline]

Messages 9
Honor 5C (Europe)

At first I rocked the image. I tried both stretch and bionic. The bottom line is one. By default, the network did not start. He treated like this: uploaded the image, picked up the cube to the TV, launched it. Then in armbian-config launched the network. I caught a cool glitch. This infection agreed with the localization, with the change of the time zone, with the ip address. But after a reboot, the network fell off again. Everything remained, but the network flew off. As a result, the Armbian config again, then put mc and manually set the network under dhcp (auto-detection) in / etc / network / interfaces. We figured it out. Then a full update (apt update $$ apt upgrade -y), reboot again (already in the remote console you can rustle, if not convenient, we raised the network)))). Well, again armbian-config, there software-OMV (mark with a space). Then ok and the installation went.
Link to Arbian, which I used:
https://www.armbian.com/cubieboard-1/

Further. I needed this OMV as a kind of connecting link between different synchronizations (the 6TB home file storage works on XigmaNAS, but only syncthing works fine on it, and rslsync is lazy to screw on. I don’t like crutches). As a result, rslsync was pulled onto the cube with his hands (Debian, it started up with a half-kick), and it can syncthing out of the box. Of the nice bonuses - I decided to keep Xigmanas on standby (the screws are silent, the percent works at 150 MHz. Yes, XigmaNAS can do that))).
I apologize for the confusion. Just just got out from the steering wheel, eyes are asking for sleep. If anything - write, I will try to answer.

Below the sorts and htop cube. Screen omv already laid out)
The image is being installed, updates are taking place. Works great. Tested on cubieboard 1 (by me) and on 3Q by the person from the topic.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedRomarik - 31.03.19, 02:26
Romarik
Message#134
31.03.19, 02:47
a guest
[offline]

Messages 9
Honor 5C (Europe)

* batura08,
Check on which device you are trying to run. Just wondering). If you can pull the armbian - everything will be fine).
batura08
Message#135
03.04.19, 19:49
Novice
[offline]

Messages 39

* Romarik, I have a "3ku" prefix on allwinner a10. An analogue of the cube of the first. Also, he set armbian Ubuntu for a long time. Only omv was not in a config. Delivered by debian and appeared.
KDG72
Message#136
04.04.19, 11:15
Local
[online]

Messages 106
Check in: 07.03.09
LeEco Le 2 x527

* batura08,
And can you give more details on how to put Debian on 3q?
batura08
Message#137
04.04.19, 20:33
Novice
[offline]

Messages 39

* KDG72, 3Q AB290HWS / AB290HW - Discussion (Post by vitya1599 # 17908757)
I have one. Write the image of armbiana from cubieboard to the memory card and boot from it.
Romarik
Message#138
06.04.19, 01:05
a guest
[offline]

Messages 9
Honor 5C (Europe)

The trick is that our guys keep the old devices on Arbian. For which they praise. Sam already thought to throw a cube. (give my daughter to experiment, to be completely accurate). In and toga nifiga. The piece of iron will still work.

Posted on 04/06/2019, 01:09:

Oh yes. I forgot. The syncthing out of the box never worked. Googled. It’s empty. In armbian-config it is. We live) (a little under the pig)
KDG72
Message#139
17.04.19, 11:23
Local
[online]

Messages 106
LeEco Le 2 x527

thank* Romarik,and* batura08,(pluses flew away) for the idea of ​​using Armbian from Cubieboard 1 on the console (I have Digma HDMP600).
Prior to this, the prefix dusted in a box for a couple of years after OpenMediaVault from* kostyamat,stopped updating.
Installed Armbian Stretch, logged in via SSH and upgraded it, installed MC and ntfs-3g (for NTFS disk support), registered a static address in / etc / network / interfaces, installed via armbian-config OMV and installed Transmissoin, miniDLNA and Plex.
Transmissoin and miniDLNA work fine. So far it has not been possible to defeat Plex. When you try to add a folder to the library from the disk, it says that "Your changes cannot be saved." I smoked forums on this topic - they write that the problem is that you need to mount the disk in NTFS so that it boots with the system.
Ubuntu forum
You will need to try when free time appears.
Romarik
Message#140
22.04.19, 08:50
a guest
[offline]

Messages 9
Honor 5C (Europe)

KDG72 (unfortunately I do not know how to insert the name of the link). Take a look at mount in fstab. Everything is simple there. Only put the rights rw, then the disk will correctly cling. Well, then I would have looked at the rights to folders (the most frequent cant). chown chmod in -R mode (well, something like this: chmod -R 777 /mnt/sd.../ and chown -R nobody: nogroup /mnt/sd.../). Read a little about what it is, love. It’s not difficult there. If anything, write. Let's try to figure it out.

Post has been editedRomarik - 22.04.19, 08:55
KDG72
Message#141
30.04.19, 14:20
Local
[online]

Messages 106
LeEco Le 2 x527

In some magical way, after a couple of reboots, the drive began to pick up normally in Plex. Now everything is working fine. Now it's the turn of CUPS.
NAS

8 pagesV  « < 5 6 7 8 > » 

mobile version    Now: 06/19/19, 18:54