8 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> OpenMediaVault (NAS) on the Allwinner A10 mediabox | Mele, IconBIT, Digma, etc. Discussion NAS firmware.
The list of users.
Do you use this firmware?
Yes, I use. [ 31 ] ** [39,24%]
No, I do not use and do not intend to. [ 9 ] ** [11,39%]
Not yet, but plan to use. [ 39 ] ** [49,37%]
Total votes: 79

kostyamat
Message#1
04.01.15, 03:34
Solver of others problems
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 3429
Check in: 07.11.09
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

OpenMediaVault on media boxes with Allwinner A10 processor

Assembly and adaptation by Kostyamat

OpenMediaVault is a new generation of network storage devices (network storage), a solution based on Debian Linux.
It includes software RAID (0,1,5,6), SMART / email, SSH, (S) FTP, CIFS (Samba), NFS, DAAP media server, RSYNC, ISCSI, BitTorrent client, and much another.
Thanks to the modular design, the possibilities can be increased with the help of plug-ins.
OpenMediaVault is primarily intended for use at home or in small offices, but is not limited to these scenarios. This is a simple and easy-to-use ready-made solution that will allow everyone to install and administer network storage without deep knowledge.

Homepagehttp://www.openmediavault.org/
Vika:https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenMediaVault
Russian forumhttp://homenas.ru/forum/
Video Settings (English)https: //www.youtube.co...ge&v=3NiZ5_l_jgk#t=445
Demo:http://demo.omv-extras.org
Opportunities
  • Javascript / AJAX based web interface (ExtJS based)
  • Protocols: CIFS (via Samba), TFTP, FTP, NFS, SSH, rsync, AFP, UPnP, BitTorrent and iTunes.
  • Extensions (plugins) for: DLNA, VirtualBox, MySQL, ClamAV, SVN, Web site, Git, OpenVPN, LDAP.
  • rsync server, client and local sync.
  • File systems: XFS, JFS and ext2 / ext3 / ext4 full support, NTFS read / write, FAT32 read / write support.
  • Hard drives: P-ATA / S-ATA, SCSI, iSCSI, USB and FireWire.
  • GPT / EFI support for hard disk partitions larger than 2 terabytes.
  • Network cards: all wired and wireless cards supported by Debian.
  • Boot from hard disk, USB, CompactFlash.
  • Hardware RAID: all those supported by Debian.
  • Software RAID levels: 0.1, 5, 6, JBOD, 5 + 0, 5 + 1, 0 + 1, 1 + 0, etc. (using mdadm).
  • Support 4KB formatting of hard disk sectors using advanced format such as Western Digital WD10EARS, WD15EARS, WD20EARS.
  • Support S.M.A.R.T.
  • Remote control syslogd.
  • SNMP monitoring.
  • Journal notifications and email reports.
  • UPS support (uninterruptible power supply)

Installation:
01/31/15 NEWDownload image for SD card 2GB:https: //drive.google.c...KZR2Y5QnR3UjdPNkk/view
Download tool for writing to the card:https: //drive.google.c...KZaktPMXExZElqdk0/view

The image can not be unpacked, the tool understands the packaged format.

1. Insert the card into the PC.
  2. Run the tool.
  3. Make sure the recording mode is switched to Device.
  4. Set the tool on the archived image.
  5. Click the Restore button.
  6. At the end of the recording process, insert the card into the console and boot from it.
  7. In the browser on the PC, go to the IP address of the console in WebInterface, enter the password.
  8. Everything, you can start setup of your NAS.

Root user:login - root, root password(root works only in console or ssh)Highly recommend a change! Team passwd
WebAdmin:login - admin, password - admin(admin does not work either in the console or in SSH)

All these cleverness with root and admin- OMV restriction
So, we use root in the system for updates, upgrades, corrections of configs in the system itself.
WebAdmin is used to work with settings and distribute rights to other users in the OMV webmord.

Specificity:
  • 1. The distribution has no graphical interface, it makes sense to connect to the TV only to look at the IP address, it can be seen at the end of the download, even twice :) Then it is desirable to disconnect from the TV, the device has a bad habit of switching the attention of the TV.
  • 2. fstabNOT involved in mounting partitions, ball, disks, etc. This makes the web shell and plugins. Better not to interfere with it.
  • 3. Wifi is visible as wlan0, but OMV does not know how to operate it, the built-in whistle also does not know how to operate in Master mode (AP-mode). As a window into the world - the interface is weak. In short, if you want, launch it with your hands. } -)
  • 4. I highly recommend formatting the drive in ext4 (this can also be done with the built-in OMV tools), which will increase the speed of writing files, according to Samba, exactly twice as compared to NTFS.
    Personally, I broke the disk into two identical partitions, one EXT4, the second - NTFS. On the first one, there is a file dump, the second one is downloading movies in 3D, which I then watch on DLNA on the Samsung SmartTV, it’s simply wildly convenient. For torrents speed NTFS with interest.
  • 5. The machine is runningupdxysitting onhttp: // ip: 1234
Example: 192.168.1.101:1234. Check how he lives:http: // ip: 1234 / status.If it hangs:http: // ip: 1234 / restart

Note: System updated, Debian repositories and OMV-extras.org installed. The system initially contains only those services that are included by default in the distribution. You will always find additional plugins in the “System” section ->"Plugins".

Useful links:

So guys, we start discussing: D
Image updated 01/31/2015 Now with the possibility of installation in the nand.
ps Due to the fact that the image is perfectly updated online, as well as the fact that there is nothing to finish in it, everything works out of the box, there will be no more updated images in the header. Put the current and update online.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS.

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 30.04.19, 23:38
Reason for editing: Armbian and customization experience
John-veg
Message#2
04.01.15, 07:32
Local
[offline]

Messages 108
Check in: 22.02.14

Not bad. I tried version v.0.1 with a graphical shell. If it was removed - then probably in vain. It would be possible to use the device instead of the desktop PC (for non-active use). Those. as a shared server.
Therefore, it would be desirable to fasten the new Chromium, Flash Player, some working MediaPlayer.

Happy New Year!

--------------------
MELE A2000G, firmware version v.2.0.5.
KiLLWarez
Message#3
05.01.15, 00:25
Old resident
[online]

Messages 715
Check in: 14.04.06
Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos

kostyamat,
Screws connect via SATA or USB?
What is the maximum file upload speed on a Windows system as a result?

Let's play, maybe from A10 there will be some sense. So far I was thinking about network storage only in the format Router<= USB HDD.
In general, A10 today can only be nailed to a single task and stop torturing the little animals. Perhaps your work is his last chance.
kostyamat
Message#4
05.01.15, 10:29
[offline]

Messages 3429
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

KiLLWarez @ 01/04/2015, 22:25*
Screws connect via SATA or USB?
What is the maximum file upload speed on a Windows system as a result?

Yes, even for SATA, even USB. He does not care.

The speed on my laptop from 150MB wafer to 12 megabytes \ sec. both ways on ext4-partition. On the NTFS partition: read up to 12mb, write up to 6-7. Here I want to thrust a laptop on an ezernet, hands do not reach.

--------------------
TVBoxs:MINIX Neo X5.Smart:OnePlus One CM12.1S (root + TWRP)The tablet:CHUWI Vi8 Win / RemixOS (root + TWRP-SE)
OpenMediaVault (NAS) on the Allwinner A10 mediabox
KiLLWarez
Message#5
05.01.15, 14:24
Old resident
[online]

Messages 715
Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos

Acceptable, I will try. My wifi flies at a speed of 8-10 megabytes per second, so there will be no traffic jams.
Kerg
Message#6
05.01.15, 18:17
Local
[offline]

Messages 155
Check in: 29.05.12

Author plus, downloaded.
As long as he is busy with family affairs (I think there is such a people, either active leisure or family matters, therefore it is possible until there is strong activity),
uniquely use the device in NASA mode
I will. (Of course, the topic is also afterwards, stop)

Thanks however ..
kostyamat
Message#7
06.01.15, 19:01
[offline]

Messages 3429
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

KiLLWarez @ 01/04/2015, 22:25*
So far I was thinking about network storage only in the format Router<= USB HDD.

I tried it too. I do not know why, but the router is more than 5MB \ sec. does not give, even burst. Yes, and it hangs mercilessly. And torrentokalka on a ruter = a hung network.
Mele lacks only a gigabit ezernet, and it would finally be cool.
The firmware sees and correctly installs the driver for USB-ETHERNET Smsc75xx (I have one). The interface includes giga / full duplex. Everything seems to be beautiful, but ... the speed of the network with it does not grow but decreases. Che for garbage - I do not understand. I have a vague suspicion that in two years, the DMA USB component of the core for the A10 has not been corrected. That is, so everything on CPU and hangs \ loads, as before. Secondly, the very idea of ​​a gigabit on USB 2.0 (480 M / s) is a Mervidian.

--------------------
TVBoxs:MINIX Neo X5.Smart:OnePlus One CM12.1S (root + TWRP)The tablet:CHUWI Vi8 Win / RemixOS (root + TWRP-SE)
KiLLWarez
Message#8
07.01.15, 11:54
Old resident
[online]

Messages 715
Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos

kostyamat,
if only this device did anything. Because now at least 3 such devices are idle. Even the video does not play, because TVs do it better. Only the thought came to connect via OTG to a USB TV instead of HDMI.
Kerg
Message#9
07.01.15, 13:23
Local
[offline]

Messages 155

I do not know why, but the router is more than 5MB \ sec. does not give, even burst

Well, what kind of processor put in the routers. Even if they install dual cores (up to 1 megahertz), one has to look there - is there a hardware NAT and so on. Otherwise, in general, everything falls on this percentage.
(for me, so multifunctional combines, that for kitchens, that routers with NAS function and others are all
it's out of the way. For there is such a law - as the system becomes more complex, the level of possible problems increases nonlinearly. )

And I'm trying to run this and that on the router - the terabaiter ditched. That's how, too, the drive hooks up,
then it is not unhooked, then everything hangs and so on, so the disk died
Kerg
Message#10
07.01.15, 18:56
Local
[offline]

Messages 155

Mele lacks only a gigabit ezernet, and it would be cool

and more about that. I watched an "honest" review on one of the latest models of smart devices,
with 8 nuclear (real) Allvinera, with gigabit. There were also comparisons with the last pre-Tronsmart, 4-core to 2 - 2.2 gigahertz also with a gigabit port.

The maximum speed per gigabit is 120-150 megabits maximum. So there really is a problem with
full-fledged gigabit port in consoles (of the most that were just born)
fundamentally unresolved and practically independent of the power of the processor.
fishka2006
Message#11
07.01.15, 21:13
User
[offline]

Messages 57
Check in: 29.10.11
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

Tell me: how to install it all? I downloaded the program and the image on your links. I launched a program, selected a memory card (2GB) in it, pressed the becup button in the program, indicated the image itself, started writing to the card. I waited for the installation, pulled out the card and inserted it into Iconbit. The player firmware is loaded and that's it. What is needed and how to install OMV correctly and please describe the sequence of actions. I think many will help.
kostyamat
Message#12
07.01.15, 22:27
[offline]

Messages 3429
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

That's right, only I had to press the restaurant, not the backup. Now you need to re-download my image, because you have rewritten your backup card to the one you downloaded.

Post has been editedkostyamat - 07.01.15, 22:28

--------------------
fishka2006
Message#13
08.01.15, 21:59
User
[offline]

Messages 57
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

Cool Everything that I wanted works (dlna, torrent, samba, etc. ...) But according to dlna, the satellite Openbox SX4HD receiver with dlna accelerates to 10.8 Mbit / s, and this to 3.8. Where to dig?

Posted 08/01/2015 21:59:

There is another question: is it possible to connect a web camera and organize video surveillance? DIR-320NRU on openwrt this can. And with the help of consoles?
kostyamat
Message#14
08.01.15, 23:49
[offline]

Messages 3429
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

fishka2006 @ 01/08/2015, 19:59*
But according to dlna, the satellite-satellite receiver Openbox SX4HD with dlna accelerates to 10.8 Mbit / s, and this one to 3.8. Where to dig?

And what hardware does the client work? What server is on the tuner, in my miniDLNA firmware? How to determine the speed?

fishka2006 @ 01/08/2015, 19:59*
There is another question: is it possible to connect a web camera and organize video surveillance? DIR-320NRU on openwrt this can. And with the help of consoles?

I do not know. The task is interesting. It seems in the plugin saw a streamer. The main thing is that the core camera is determined, and there it is possible to use pens. : D

--------------------
fishka2006
Message#15
09.01.15, 10:37
User
[offline]

Messages 57
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

Your firmware (OMV). Minidlna is running on the satellite receiver, I don’t know the version and everything else, it’s built into the factory firmware. When connecting and copying from a computer to a shared disk connected to the receiver, the download speed is 10.8 Mbit / s. WD NTFS Disk 1 Terabyte. When copying through Iconbit Toucan Smart with OMV installed, the speed is about 3.8 Mbit / s maximum. The same low speed (3.5 Mbps), if you raise minidlna on the router (d-link dir 320 nru, stitched at least in keenetik at least in openwrt). But with the router it’s clear that the hardware is weak there, and on iconbit the hardware is much more powerful at times. The download speed was determined by Windows when copying (WIN 7 64 bit). So the question is: why does the console cut the download speed so much? The file system is the same, but the set-top box and satellite receiver work at different speeds.
And on the second question, video surveillance on OMV where to read?

Post has been editedfishka2006 - 09.01.15, 10:42
kostyamat
Message#16
09.01.15, 15:41
[offline]

Messages 3429
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

I didn’t quite understand, but how do you write to minidlna on the disk of the console? Maybe you meant samba?
Reasons for which she can write slowly: ntfs Microsoft proprietary driver, which she could provide to the receiver manufacturer for money (this is often practiced by companies that produce multimedia equipment, they buy the driver from MS). In open source Linux, the ntfs-3g driver is used, which was developed by reverse engineering. At this stage, it works stably, but it writes to the disk very slowly, especially to disks formatted by the fast method (that is, the FS is deployed to the disk as new files are written). At the same time, the driver does not lightly load the processor during recording. The second point is that your drive is connected via usb, the chip manufacturer has connected something with dma mode to usb, the kernel still does not know how to fully work with usb dma. But, the exchange of data over usb again falls on the shoulders of the central processor. Multiply one by the other, get your low speed.

Personally, I have a disk stuck in sata, and we have it (if sealed) hardware with a full dma. For the file dump, I use the ext4 partition. Accordingly, the speed of writing / reading from this section comes to 12MB / sec. A section in ntfs write / read about 6 and 12MB / sec. At the same time, I was not lazy and formatted the ntfs partition in slow mode, it took several hours, but now the result is visible.
These are the pies. And how much do you have to read, from the console on the computer?

I watched the plugins, I did not find the video streamer. So you poke the camera in the console and look at the exhaust of the dmesg command, if the core saw the camera, then you are lucky and you can move on. If not seen - then harder. You will have to search for the source drivers of your camera (not the fact that they are open) and compile the kernel module. And this is science more difficult.

Post has been editedkostyamat - 09.01.15, 15:58

--------------------
Theghost
Message#17
10.01.15, 01:22
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 669
Check in: 22.02.07
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 4/64

Download image for SD card 2GB

And somehow you can make an image for firmware in nand? Android on the device, in principle, is not interesting.

--------------------
Terabit in every home!
"Thank you" in the forum of special value for the author, unlike "+" in reputation, does not represent.
kostyamat
Message#18
10.01.15, 02:23
[offline]

Messages 3429
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

Android is interesting to me, since on the firmware from IconBIT Smart 3D, it works pretty well with a 3D file player, chewing everything, including BD3D.iso. Sometimes it is needed to view what the telly cannot chew either on a dlna or a flash drive. Therefore, I did not bother with the firmware inside. Yes, and I will not, I guess. I do not mind sdshki on 2GB. :)

--------------------
Viktorlab
Message#19
10.01.15, 10:29
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 2
Check in: 20.12.09
Acer n310

Is it possible to put a hautushka on a self-assembly image in a hat? I want to try, well, and OMV are more recent versions, for example, for RasPI.
I watched, they somehow cleverly did so that the SD card is needed only for the initial boot, and the server itself works with the HDD, which promises a performance boost and will less chew a flash drive.

Post has been editedViktorlab - 10.01.15, 10:31
kostyamat
Message#20
10.01.15, 13:51
[offline]

Messages 3429
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

In my build OMV version 1.8, newer, for now, does not happen. With the possibility of self-renewal.
And haut, I independently searched. No offense, but it is very useful for self-development. Yes, and rewrite Talmuts from the Internet in the topic is very reluctant. Now I sit on the phone, then I will give the basic links so that I can begin to self-educate myself.

The download of uboot and uImage can be organized from the map, and the rootfs can be transferred to the harddisk. But for this, you will have to make a special partition in ext4 on the disk. And from where it loads, you can specify in uEnv.txt, which lies in the first partin map. All this is not difficult. Rootfs can be stupidly copied into the necessary partishin with a couple of commands like:

mount -t ext4 / dev / sdaX / mnt
cd /
cp -pr / / mnt /
nano /boot/uEnv.txt and edit rootfs path in it

By the way, for A10 my image is the first and so far the only one. What I am proud of;)

Post has been editedkostyamat - 12.01.15, 02:50

--------------------
Viktorlab
Message#21
10.01.15, 15:41
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 2
Check in: 20.12.09
Acer n310

Thanks for the helpful answer!
I would be grateful if you show where to read. I was interested in trying yesterday to build an image of debian on the manual with rhombus-tech, but there half of the links are dead, and half of the repositories in the githaba were removed or moved, in general, to no avail.
Can you tell me whether UDPXY works as a daemon, right? Called from /usr/local/sbin/rc.d?
So, is it possible to somehow get rid of it? It occupies a place (and without that), sometimes it falls for no apparent reason, and specifically in my case it is not necessary because of the village ADSL channel for 2 megabits, this is torture as it is (
Yes, and for general development it will be extremely useful to learn how to do it by hand, and not just use the result of other people's work.
By the way, today updated to 1.9!
NAS

8 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 06/19/19, 18:53