> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Xiaomi MiPad - Unofficial firmware
What blobs do you use firmware on?
What blobs do you use firmware on?
Stock blobs [ 178 ] ** [27,3%]
Shield blobs [ 474 ] ** [72,7%]
Total votes: 652

Rep: (1050)
Xiaomi MiPad - Unofficial firmware
PictureMOCHA
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Ubuntu desktop пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Unofficial firmware пїЅ

Important information
Nvidia SHIELD Tablet vendor-based firmware is not backward compatible with recovery and kernels designed for stock vendor-based firmware and vice versa, and you cannot change firmware from a stock vendor to Nvidia SHIELD Tablet just by flashing them on top of each other and vice versa.Instructionhow to do it right.

Drivers and Utilities
Fastboot drivers
ADB Driver Installer
MiPhone20140509 - proven working version of MiFlash
Latest MiFlash Version
Google apps we need: websiteOpengapps, chooseARM -->Android version of your firmware ->preferably pico or nano

Firmware
Working time difference between Los 14.1 on shield blobs and Los 15.1
Android 9 pie

Android 8 Oreo
Android 8 Oreo firmware based on the vendor from Nvidia SHIELD Tablet - the cameras are not working
On the stock vendor Android 8 Oreo will not be released

Do not forget
How to install firmware released after 11/12/18

Android 7 Nougat

Android 6 Marshmallow

Android 5 Lollipop

Android 4 Kitkat
For installation via Recovery
Everything works in the firmware:

Fix touch buttons if the buttons do not work correctly

Everything works except for the camera (Port from Nvidia Shield Tablet):

For installation via MiFlash, FastBoot, NvFlash

Instructions

Recovery

Kernels

There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply by creating a new topic in the sectionI want to be curator(having previously studiedRules and recommendations for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedcherva70 - 05.03.20, 20:47
Reason for editing: LineageOS-16.0

Rep: (195)
DbIm4ikO @ 04.01.2015, 21:18*
While everything is in fasting, I’m conducting work, but so far unsuccessfully, if there were more people who were kind and knowledgeable, everything would be a bit faster.

And on XDA something like that does not do? Maybe there is something to learn from? Although, as I understand it, as long as the core is closed, right?

thunderbeat @ 04.01.2015, 18:25*
And on XDA something like that does not do? Maybe there is something to learn from? Although, as I understand it, as long as the core is closed, right?

Nowhere else is no custom bikes for Mipad, I seem first, periodically check the xda .... And yes there is no source, but as soon as I cease to do it, because there are people that simply compile a kernel and compile android driver. In the meantime, for the sake of scientific, so to speak, of interest for its development, I try to do less work firmware.
Anyway, you can be sure to try to compile the android from the source, the benefit of a lot of our chips in the device are open source driver, such as Tegra itself, accelerometer, from wi-fi, you can immediately download the binaries (they and BT are responsible), the touch screen driver you can sneak out of the firmware, there will be only a few sensors. Sorry but this for some reason, no one does, maybe because it's impossible, and I do not understand the process, or simply do not know. Come to Moscow again put seven on the cop and Linux side by side, can then try to compile, but the success rate tends to zero, because the experience on this issue 0.

Post has been editedDbim4iko - 04.01.15, 21:42

Pokapalsya in native firmware, many chips have installed scripts and their driver in the kernel, I think you can try to run scripts from a folder init.d startup can earn Audio and sensors ... I'll try the night out - I'll write.

Rep: (53)
And when there will be the source and whether it will be?

dizzyspb @ 04.01.2015, 20:43*
And when there will be the source and whether it will be?

Maybe soon, or may not appear, someone said that after NG lay out.

UPD AICP: Bred sensors: accelerometer (orientation of the screen), and a light sensor (Auto-Brightness, but only in hardware, software - yet, it is necessary to rule Framework) How to correct a framework perezalil firmware)

Post has been editedDbim4iko - 05.01.15, 01:28

Rep: (37)
with audio and there is no solution?

Brikkss @ 04.01.2015, 23:19*
with audio and there is no solution?

as you can see - not yet, but soon everything will be. There are not so many, reason why does not work I have found, it remains only to fix.

Post has been editedDbim4iko - 05.01.15, 03:27

Rep: (23)
* DbIm4ikO, keep it up!)) It would be more to create on xda page and throw to this firmware. I think there will be engaged in this, too)

angeldeath1995 @ 05.01.2015, 00:34*
keep it up!)) It would be more to create on xda page and throw to this firmware. I think there will be engaged in this, too)

I will throw off, but only after it runs out at the very idea. First of all, I ported for myself, for my own experience, which however brings down the bucket, by trial and error :)

Rep: (3)
* DbIm4ikO,

Thank you very much for your efforts, waiting for your operating firmware look)))

Rep: (1433)
M
We move to subsectionXiaomi .

Rep: (1)
It would be nice as a manual on runoff dismount))) as well - thank you!

While there is no time to update the firmware, Session, holidays, etc. but will only sympathetic later

MrFreek @ 07.01.2015, 16:40*
so what changes do you ??

?... I did not understand the question...

Rep: (17)
DbIm4ikO @ 08.01.2015, 08:04*
?... I did not understand the question...

Something in the spirit of "How spodvigaet case with the firmware?" : D

Alfakin @ 08.01.2015, 06:18*
Something in the spirit of "How spodvigaet case with the firmware?"

Well, so far everything is not easy, is not got audio, even though all is the driver .... But then something happens and they fly off ... The same situation was with sensors had to replace the library, only the sensors, it was only one library and with sound-related libraries not less than 20.

tablet camera detects camera information shows, but the camera application, any at all, close to the FC.

HW decoding - so do the puzzle, well, like a puzzle, just can not find the libraries needed yet. - most likely because of it, and do not operate the camera.

Sensors bred as I wrote above. But everything else works like clockwork. The toys you can play, our graph processor functioning as it should, but in some games something with textures.

Post has been editedDbim4iko - 08.01.15, 10:19

Rep: (23)
* DbIm4ikO, very much I am waiting for the sound to work and beg. And so I would advise you to once again throw his works on hda. everything happens faster still working together)

angeldeath1995 @ 08.01.2015, 13:36*
very much I am waiting for the sound to work and beg. And so I would advise you to once again throw his works on hda. everything happens faster still working together)

That's it
Frankly, I see no sense ... and nowhere under section mipad xda no allocates, and what I have done can make any, for the first time I am dealing with porting, and if at xda have not made such a until now then simply no, because the skilled person would have done so for 2 days, and then for 1 work has been done by me - nothing. The idea is everyone can do exactly the same sympathetic Googling, or at least use the search bysavagemessiahzine.com. Therefore, even if the lay out, then it will not work .... For people knowledgeable is not, if they were - firmware would have been finished a long time, because we have a Nvidia shield tablet excellent compatibility, firmware ported from it is easier than ever. BT, Wi-Fi, Tegra K1, presence and that and the other memory card slot, and both chambers 2, sections of the same. Almost all the plants with the song, without any edits.
At this stage, the difference is probably only in the Audio and all over Mipad is no different from the shield tablet, well, still cameras, but this is not a major difference.

Analyzing our core for mipad, found inside some reason are configs for Nvidia shield tablet .... Just for some reason there are lines in the unnecessary init.rc to load drivers from the shield ... even though we do not have even these chips why drivers are loaded - the Lord alone knows.

I found the source of our audio chip ... tegra-rt5671 (ALC 5671). (If you need to someone - in the QMS)

Pitched in the source code of the Shield kernel, I think that if we add our source code there to edit a bit of configs, then the kernel should compile with the support of our audio, but the kernel itself probably will not work ...

Post has been editedDbim4iko - 09.01.15, 15:30

Rep: (41)
I understand the project is abandoned? very sorry.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 23/03/20, 2:14