> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Chipping Sony PlayStation2

Rep: (49)
* Pahek
Thanks for the advice, I tried these manipulations, it doesn’t help much, however, I disassembled the prefix, I saw that the chip is generally strange - Modbo 4.0, but the firmware on it is DMS4. He did a little preventive maintenance of the drive, including the head, and it began to seem to read better, almost everything from 1-2 times, previously there was a disaster. In general, I realized that it was not a chip but a lens, maybe someone rubbed me with alcohol, it got cloudy

Rep: (37)
Hello.
The trouble is this: the 75008 limo. There is some kind of chip that appears as matrix infinity 1.99. I decided to put FMCB. Delivered, it starts. But when you try to start something from it, even just the settings, freezes on a black screen. Has anyone come across? Can I configure something, or just replace the chip?

Rep: (44)
Drasha @ 04/17/19, 10:09 PM*
Can I configure something, or just replace the chip?

Disable the chip itself (start + reset at boot, or hold reset for more than 4 seconds), install a different version of FMCB.

Rep: (-6)
ganabis-os @ 04/11/19, 11:30 p.m.*
Have you solved your problem?

No, I'm waiting for another chip ...
GNineteen @ 04/12/19, 17:21*
No wonder I was glad, then you correctly unzipped the wires to the BIOS feet :-)
We must go to the service menu. Turn off the prefix, hold down the triangle and the circle, turn on the prefix.
Scroll to the item "BOOT MODE", select "AUTO" with a cross. Press START, the chip settings will be saved, then press RESET. The console will boot, and you can start the disks.

I also tried it but it didn’t help, and it hangs on the "loading boot menu v1.00"

Rep: (18)
Good day.
The other day for a penny I bought myself an SCPH-30001 (V4) American with a bunch of problems, but at the same time in perfect condition of the case and with a factory seal. The essence of the problem was that the 110v power supply, our 220v are not suitable (as on the PS3 / PS4), not chip-proof, judging by the seal, and as the owner claimed, the laser died and did not even read the litsu.
The result redid the power supply, disassembled and cleaned the laser head, soldered the chip (ModBo 5.0). And everything seems to work fine and reads everything (even wildly scratched discs from PS1).

But there was a problem, if you play the console for about 10 minutes or more, then turn it off and turn it on immediately. PS2 does not start (it turns on, but there is no sound and image), while if you hold the power button for 4 seconds, the console turns on normally and works (like I realized a long press disables the chip at startup). If you leave it alone and after 20 minutes try to turn it on, everything works fine and the Matrix logo appears and chews on blanks, you can play for 40 minutes and 2 hours, everything works, you can even restart the console, everything works as it should, but it’s worth turning it off, then more and more does not turn on, only after about 20 minutes of inactivity. So I think this model is too old for me, and the chip is too new, or still I did not solder in the wrong way (although I didn’t find another) a very strange situation, and spoils the feeling of perfectionism.
Before that, PS2 never existed, so I decided to catch up and supplement the collection with an interesting specimen, in the future I plan to run games from the HDD and I would like PS2 to work stably. If anyone has encountered such a problem, share a solution

Rep: (0)
Good day. Such a problem. I'm trying to chip the prefix 75008, the board GH-040-12, the mars pro chip. I soldered everything according to the scheme, sort of neatly. The prefix refuses to start the recorded games. He writes, insert a ps2 format disk, tried to replace it with another chip, the same thing. Tell me, is it possible to somehow call up the chip menu, to find out if it starts?

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (17)
Hello!
And where can I read about the principle of operation of PS2 chips?
And what kind of legs do?
Thank.

Hello everyone, there is a ps2 fat Scph-50008 chipovannaya only with an unknown chip, runs pirates, I have not tried the discs. No at hand, yes, and DVD writing no, I couldn’t enter the chip settings, clicked everything, is it worth switching to modbo 5.0 or just installing fmcb?

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (6)
Good day to all! There is a Sony Playstation 2 Game Console SCPH-39004
What chip for chipovka is needed ...? Thank.

Rep: (2)
Efrem_ua @ 08/08/19, 16:12*
Game console Sony Playstation 2 SCPH-39004
Which chip for chipovka is needed

Modbo 4.5.
In general, I would roll FreeHDBoot or FreeMCBoot in your place and no chipovka.

Posted on 08/16/2019, 12:12:

VVV777_ @ 07/13/19, 20:37*
or just put fmcb?

Right.

Rep: (6)
* Mereana_Mordegaard What will be better firmware from chipovka?

Posted on 08/16/2019, 12:39:

* Mereana_Mordegaard Will Modbo 5 fit?

Posted on 08/16/2019, 12:41:

* Mereana_Mordegaard , And about rolling the RAM chip. Someone tried to put more.?

Hello everyone, tell me who in the course- the Mars Pro chip after installing freemsboot on a memory card, it does not start from it upon reboot, can anyone come across such a problem, how to solve it?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/11/19, 11:29 PM