> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

196 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Google Nexus 9 LTE ​​- Firmware
Broken_Alex
Message#1
15.12.14, 12:48
Obsolete
[offline]

Topics Curator
Group: Curators
Messages 1630
Check in: 27.08.12
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Exynos

Google Nexus 9 LTE ​​- Firmware
PictureHTC Nexus 9, HTC Volantisg
Discussion | Purchase | Modification and decorations | WI-FI Firmware | LTE Firmware | Android N Developer Preview

Important information
Mini F.A.Q. on this topic
1. What is unofficial or custom firmware, how do they differ from official (stock) firmware, so are the minuses; they are often less stable than stock, some that are in the “becoming” stage of m. more jerky, can hang, spontaneously reboot, display inaccurate (crooked) information and a number of minor troubles. - pros; a large set of advanced settings, to simplify your life, custom firmware, which have worked well have a good, often better than stock, and sometimes better, speed, smoothness, autonomy. In the header, the themes of the firmware are divided into three conditional blocks 1st block - Stock firmware for installation through custom reconnaissance (TWRP), some of them have the so-called Aroma installer, i.e. You yourself have the choice of installing those programs into the system that you need, or initially have a light version, with a minimum of installed programs. 2nd block firmware based on AOSP - Android Open Source Project - Android open source project, if in your own words and briefly firmware based on stock sources with the addition of (buns) settings to facilitate our daily routine of using the device. The 3rd block of CyanogenMod-based firmware is custom software distributed for various devices running Android OS. Based on the source system from Google and the developers take the base of their firmware CyanogenMod.
2. Google Apps is a package of cloud services and collaborative applications offered by Google (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Hangouts, Google Calendar and Google Docs). For example, in Open Gapps you choose a package from minimal pico to full stock, or super also have a choice when installing aroma. Speaking in your own words without Gapps, you will not have a pre-installed play market, contact synchronization.
3. The modified kernel is part of the operating system, a set of programs that control the operation of the entire device, and are responsible for running custom applications, such as games, file managers, web browsers, and others. The kernel manages absolutely all the equipment: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, memory and other devices. There is no exception and the "heart" of the device - its processor. The kernel can control its frequency and power supply. Like the firmware, the kernels are stock (factory) and custom - alternative, created by independent developers. Why do we need custom kernels? If you need to overclock the processor, you will need to change the kernel to a custom one, in which the frequency control function of the processor is unlocked. In addition, custom kernels are usually based on more recent versions of Linux kernels. Here is a sample list of features that custom kernels give us:
• Changing the frequency of the processor over a wide range;
• Overclocking the graphics subsystem (GPU);
• Reducing the frequency and voltage of the processor, which allows for a longer battery life;
• Ample opportunities for setting and configuration of sound and color screen;
• Support for alternative file systems (XFS, ReiserFS, and others).
4. Useful. Mini block posts users to solve certain problems, difficulties and facilitate their solution, or simply useful information.
5. Add-ons, utilities, programs. In this block, everything is more or less clear. There are direct links to read and understand what they are for, from what I think you can add it to yourself - TWRP software, fully adapted for touch devices when creating backups, you choose the partitions to save. There is a keyboard and a convenient terminal emulator. It is also convenient for installing custom firmware, modified kernels, various mods.
It is interesting
Odex and deodex firmware, what are the differences.
Those who like to poke around in their phones, “trying on” different firmwares, have probably heard about the concepts of Odex (Odex) and Deodex (Deodex). They call deksirovannymi “native”, factory firmware Android, and deodexed, respectively, custom firmware.
Odexed
It is easy to recognize the “coded” firmware - look for files with the .odex extension in the / system / app folder - for example, browser.odex. The abbreviation stands for '' Optimized Dalvik Executable File ''.

What is a .odex file?

And, more importantly, how is it used?Such a file is necessary for organizing a system structure that contains information about the application and allows Android to access this information directly, without searching and unarchiving from .apk files.

Files with the .odex extension are often downloaded directly to Dalvik-cache, where data about frequently launched programs is stored. This greatly speeds up the system.
Advantages of ODEX firmware:
  • applications run faster because the data is preloaded by the system;
  • .apk files take up less space;
disadvantages
  • applications are harder to "crack" and modify, since the code is in two different places;
  • To avoid errors, when deleting application files, you must also delete .odex files — it is important to keep track of this.
  • Deodexed
  • In the "deodexed" firmware, all information about the application can be found in the .apk file. The code found in the .odex files is added to the APK under the name classes.dex. classes.dex file in the archive file application / © lcd
Advantages of DEODEX firmware:
  • much easier to modify, because all the necessary information is in the APK;
  • system applications are removed easier - just enough to demolish the APK.
Disadvantages:
  • Downloading and launching applications takes more time - since the data is not loaded in advance, to access the content of the APK you need to contact the system every time.
  • It is important to note that this drawback is insignificant, since Dalvik-cache stores data from frequently used applications, and long loading is only a consequence of clearing the cache during the installation of Custom Recovery.
In a word
"Odexed" factory versions of Android should be chosen by those who appreciate speed, "deodexed" will suit those who prefer to "sharpen" the firmware to fit their desires and needs.
Standard warning: everything that you do, having received information in this topic, you do at your own peril and risk. Before installing firmware, kernels and other mods, programs, make for backup Nandroid backup
  • First of all, I recommend carefully reading the topic header in order not to ask stupid questions, or questions whose answers are in the header.
  • Before asking a question, MUST use the search on the topic in the upper right corner of the page.
  • If you find no accuracy, or an error in the post of any "forumchanin", do not rush to fix it when crowded, thereby posting it in a deft position, write it to QMS, or contact the Curator in QMS to correct the error / inaccuracy. Remember, we are all with each other. kind and understanding.
  • If you are uploading an update of any firmware, then please attach a list of changes to the new version, preferably in the original and a direct link to download the firmware
  • If you do not install the firmware, RECOVERY gives an error, then please provide more facts describing the error, take a screenshot or LogCat errors
  • To upgrade without losing data, you need to flash the firmware on the dirty, without wipes ..
  • If you go from one custom firmware to another, then you need to do all the wipes.
  • With a full wipe, all your data will be deleted, in any case do not clean the Internal Storage, that is, the internal memory of the smartphone, then everything that is in it will be deleted.
  • Internal Storage in principle, wipe is not necessary when switching from any firmware.
Drivers and Utilities
Drivers and software
Necessary software for firmware (ADB / Fastboot) -Android SDK Platform Tools
Google USB Driver for Windows
Utilities
Official firmware
Full images
Recommended installation method

Android Lollipop 5.0
Attached Image

• Download Android 5.0.1 (LRX22C)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 5.0.2 (LRX22L)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 5.1.1 (LMY47X)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 5.1.1 (LMY48I)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 5.1.1 (LMY48M)
    | Attached Image
Android Marshmallow 6.0
Attached Image

• Download Android 6.0 (MRA58K)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 6.0 (MRA58N)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 6.0 (MRA58N) file -
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 6.0.1 (MMB29K)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 6.0.1 (MMB29S)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 6.0.1 (MMB29R)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 6.0.1 (MMB29V)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 6.0.1 (MMB29X)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 6.0.1 (MOB30D)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 6.0.1 (MOB30G)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 6.0.1 (MOB30M)
    | Attached Image
Android Marshmallow 7.0
  • Download Android 7.0 (NRD90R)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 7.0 (NRD91N, Nov 2016)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 7.1.1 (NMF26F, Dec 2016)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 7.1.1 (N4F26Q, Feb 2017)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 7.1.1 (N4F26T, Mar 2017)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 7.1.1 (N4F26X, Apr 2017)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 7.1.1 (N4F27B, May 2017)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 7.1.1 (N4F27E, Jun 2017)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 7.1.1 (N4F27I, Jul 2017)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 7.1.1 (N4F27K, Aug 2017)
    | Attached Image
  • Download Android 7.1.1 (N4F27K, Oct 2017)
    | Attached Image

PTA
  • OTA offsite
    | Attached Image
  • Post on

savagemessiahzine.com download

| Attached Image
  • Post on XDA
    | Attached Image

Custom firmware
All firmware, custom kernels and other interesting information can be found here:XDA

The authorship of the package of icons belongs to the user.FrosTPK, for which he is very respectful.
Legend:
Attached Image- support for those from CyanogenMod.
Attached Image- Support Themes Layers.
Attached Image- Substratum themes support
Attached Image- The firmware does not support any of the themes engines / or it is not known whether it supports themes.
Attached Image- screenshots of the firmware.
In order to avoid errors when installing, carefully look at the version of the firmware, ours, on NEXUS 9, with the postscript Flounder or N9
Firmware updates on AndroidFileHost
Custom firmware for Android 5.1.1 / 6.0.1
Find them here - Attached Image
Custom firmware for Android 7.x
AOSP based firmware
Custom firmware based on LineageOS
  • Attached ImageAICP
    | Attached Image
    | Attached Image
    | GAPPS
    | Attached Image
    | Attached Image
  • Attached ImageCyanogenMod / LineageOS 14.1
    | Attached Image
    | Attached Image
    | GAPPS
  • Attached Image[OFFICIAL] ResurrectionRemix
    | Attached Image
    | Attached Image
    | GAPPS
Firmware based on stock firmware

Remix OS
  • [OFFICIAL] Remix OS 2.0
    | Attached Image
    | Attached Image
  • [UNOFFICIAL] Remix OS 3.0
    | Attached Image
    | Attached Image
Google Apps / GAPPS
Opengapps
Attached ImageGoogle Apps FAQ (gapps)
Attached Image- Following the link you need to choosePlatform: ARM64, Android: 6.0/7.0/7.1, Variant: here any, depending on how many applications you need to be installed when you first start the OS,picothe smallest gapps,aromathe biggest, best betstock
Beans gapps
| Attached Image
| Attached Image
Add-ons for firmware
Kernels / Kernels
Custom Kernels / Kernels for Android 6.0.1
Find them here - Attached Image
Custom Kernels / Kernels for Android 7.1.1
  • ElementalX
    | Attached Image
    | Attached Image
  • Custom kernel from the userVarom
    | Attached Image
    | Attached Image
  • FIRE-ICE
    | Attached Image
    | Attached Image
  • Sublime
    | Attached Image
    | Attached Image
Recovery / Recovery
  • CM Recovery
    | Attached Image
  • TWRP Recovery
    | Attached Image
  • TWRP Recovery by USBhosts
    | Attached Image
    | Attached Image
  • Stock Recovery 6.0.1 (MRA29S)
    | Attached Image
  • Stock Recovery 6.0 (MRA58N)
    | Attached Image
  • Stock Recovery 5.1.1 (LMY48M)
    | Attached Image
Bootloader / bootloader
  • from firmware 7.0
    | Attached Image
  • from firmware 6.0.1
    | Attached Image
  • from firmware 5.1.1
    | Attached Image
Frequently asked Questions
Question:
What does Volantisg mean?
Answer:
These are the code names of our tablet, which are used in custom firmware and kernels.
Question:
I can not install the driver manually. Does not find the driver in the specified folder.
Answer:
Install driver usingNexus Root Toolkit.
Question:
If I install the Root or Recovery tablet will lose the warranty?
Answer:
Yes, to install Root or Recovery, you need to unlock the bootloader, and this operation will lead to a loss of warranty.
Question:
If I install Root or Recovery, the tablet will no longer receive an update over the air (OTA)?
Answer:
The tablet will receive an update, but will not be able to install it. You will need to return the tablet to the factory state.
Question:
What are the advantages of custom firmware and kernel?
Answer:
Custom firmware brings new features from changing the status bar to changing the design. Custom kernels bring better energy saving, speed of the tablet as a whole and new functionality.
Instructions
miscellanea
History Updates topic caps

Post has been editedBroken_Alex - 21.03.19, 12:36
Reason for editing: Security Patch: October
Broken_Alex
Message#42
27.08.15, 21:21
Obsolete
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 1630

* Gvadik,firmware as firmware, the first launch was very long, so while there were no critical errors. Almost completely Russified.

--------------------
I’ll fade away & classify myself asobsolete!
Curator 4
Maraudeur
Message#43
27.08.15, 21:27
Guru
[offline]

Messages 6634
Check in: 06.03.12
Xiaomi Mi 8

* 5-97,Well, at least some progress) and then the firmware two times and miscalculated
Broken_Alex
Message#44
27.08.15, 21:38
Obsolete
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 1630

* MaraudeurIn general, I think that after the release of 6.0, the potential of the tablet will be increased and firmware will be released, first you need to see at least release I ask on our tablet. By the way, see, the site does not say for which version the firmware is provided.

--------------------
Curator 4
Maraudeur
Message#45
27.08.15, 21:47
Guru
[offline]

Messages 6634
Xiaomi Mi 8

* 5-97,On the page it is indicated that only for wifi. Plus, the code of our tablet is different from the code name of the wifi version
Broken_Alex
Message#46
27.08.15, 21:55
Obsolete
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 1630

* Maraudeurcan you write the code name of the vi fi version and lte version?

Posted on 08/27/2015 21:55:

It would be necessary to reform the heading of this branch, otherwise I look at there very little necessary information, and it is not updated.
Addition to the firmware, there is anti-piracy code, which is in aicp ....

--------------------
Curator 4
Maraudeur
Message#47
27.08.15, 22:20
Guru
[offline]

Messages 6634
Xiaomi Mi 8

* 5-97,
The cap says the name - volantisg
And what kind of anti-piracy?
kill_humans
Message#48
27.08.15, 22:22
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 153
Check in: 02.06.12
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 4/64

5-97 @ 27.08.2015, 21:55 *
* Maraudeurcan you write the code name of the vi fi version and lte version?

https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Flounder_Info
The Nexus 9 is sold in two variants, WiFi-only and LTE-capable. Google provides you with support for the WiFi version of the flounder.

I didn’t understand why the Google code names volantis and volantisg in cyanogen decided to replace with one flounder for the wifi version and just score on the lte version. Especially flounder in my opinion, Google had a Nexus 7 2012 wifi.
Maraudeur
Message#49
27.08.15, 22:26
Guru
[offline]

Messages 6634
Xiaomi Mi 8

Broken_Alex
Message#50
27.08.15, 22:30
Obsolete
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 1630

* MaraudeurWell, programs like lacquer patcher and so on can not be installed because they produce illegal actions, cured it by simple cloning the application

Posted on 08/27/2015 10:30 PM:

* Maraudeuralong the way, Google faced a choice of what to call n9, so they release Roma for volantis, but the code name n9 is flounder: rofl:

--------------------
Curator 4
Maraudeur
Message#51
27.08.15, 22:33
Guru
[offline]

Messages 6634
Xiaomi Mi 8

* 5-97,On the way there is a whole branch, where developers argue how the poor beast is still called
ghg09
Message#52
29.08.15, 21:49
Local
[offline]

Messages 284
Check in: 30.09.08
I-mate jamin

How to read did not understand
Help
Write the order how to flash the tablet (((
Firmware Toko ruined
Gvadik
Message#53
29.08.15, 22:33
Local
[offline]

Messages 174
Check in: 23.09.10
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime

* ghg09
Until it is worth it, believe me, unless you don't want to experience "this is the bench press" in your *** ...

P.S. Sorry, I'm just too lazy to describe what is clearly written in the instructions. If there were standing firmware IMHO, I was not lazy and would have written to koumiss what and how. And so, you will install the firmware, you will see that it is not much different from the drain, and then you will ask how to return to the drain.

Colleagues who are not difficult, can explain to a person how to flash? :)

--------------------
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime
ghg09
Message#54
29.08.15, 22:43
Local
[offline]

Messages 284
I-mate jamin

Gvadik- at least to restore the official
Help ((
Broken_Alex
Message#55
29.08.15, 22:50
Obsolete
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 1630

* ghg09download the image from the Google site, unzip it, and then flash all.bat, if it doesn't work, you can sew a file or nrt in the stock, but you never did it, it’s more convenient for me through the command line)

--------------------
Curator 4
Broken_Alex
Message#56
29.08.15, 23:03
Obsolete
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 1630

I went to xda and see a lot of firmware, but it doesn’t say what version they are for, only for wi fi or for lte, as if it’s so hard to write this: unsure:

--------------------
Curator 4
Maraudeur
Message#57
30.08.15, 00:23
Guru
[offline]

Messages 6634
Xiaomi Mi 8

* 5-97,Usually there is only a wafer version ((
ghg09
Message#58
30.08.15, 12:59
Local
[offline]

Messages 284
I-mate jamin

People and how to cut down encryption and whether it really affects the performance?
Broken_Alex
Message#59
30.08.15, 15:23
Obsolete
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 1630

People and how to cut down encryption and whether it really affects the performance?

In the wi fi version branch there is an instruction for disabling encryption, there is also all about performance

--------------------
Curator 4
predator94
Message#60
03.09.15, 15:37
Local
[offline]

Messages 285
Check in: 25.08.10
Huawei P20 Lite ANE-LX1

And if you get the root through the root toolkit, then the unlocked bootloader is needed or not?

--------------------
Huawei P20 Lite
NTS One M7 ViperOne 9.0.0
Nexus 10 CM 12.1
Nexus 9 LTE ​​Pure Nexus 7.1.1
Broken_Alex
Message#61
03.09.15, 15:43
Obsolete
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 1630

* predator94,
without an unlocked bootloader, you can't do anything with the tablet

--------------------
Curator 4
Google

196 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/19/19, 20:40