Chuwi Vi8 - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 8.1 | 8 '' | Intel Bay Trail Z3735F 1.8GHz

Rep: (189)
Chuwi Vi8 - Discussion
tabletpc on Intel Bay Trail Z3735F 64bit 1.8GHz | 2GB DDR3 | Windows 8.1 | screen 8 "
Description | Buying and Accessories | Firmware | Chuwi VI8 Ultimate | Fans Club Tablet PC Chuwi | Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows 8.1 and 8 пїЅ | Windows RT пїЅ | Change the OS of the laptop пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance tablet owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Accessories

Attached Image

Specifications
Model: Chuwi VI8
CPU: Intel Bay Trail- T 3735F, Quad Core, 1.8 GHz. The maximum frequency (with simultaneous operation of 4 cores - 1.5 GHz)
RAM: 2GB (DDR3L)
ROM: 32GB
Diagonal: 8 inches
Screen: IPS Capacitive Screen
Resolution: 1280x800px
Camera: Front: 0.3Mp Rear 2.0Mp
Gyro: Yes
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
OTG: Yes
GPS: No
Wi-Fi: Yes, 802.11 b / g / n
3G: Supports external 3G dongles
Headphones: 3.5 mm
TF card support: up to 128 GB
Work time: Up to 5-6 hours
Battery: 5000mAh
Product Size: 207 mm (L), x122mm (W) x8mm (N)
Product weight: 310g
1 x Micro USB port
F.A.Q.
Q: How to find out the tablet revision!
A: See photo under the spoiler!
Tablet Revision
Attached Image

Q: What are the disadvantages of a tablet? Does it work steadily?
A: There are no problems in the work, everything works stably, does not slow down.

Some ownersthere are problems with the microphone.

Q: Is there an original case on it?
A: Yes, there is. For example,such.

Q: Can I install Windows XP / 7, Windows 8.1 / 10 64bit?
A: No, the UEFI tablet is 32bit and can only download 32bit versions of Windows 8.1 / 10.

Q: Does the tablet support WiDi?
As expected, there is no WiDi support. When trying to install the appropriate software, it refers to hardware incompatibility.

Accurately confirmed that you can connect to the TVby Miracast

Q: On the front panel, a Windows button or just a logo?
A: Button.

Q: How much memory is free? How is the memory allocated?
A: The tablet has 32 gigabytes of internal memory, of which:
17.7 GB free
5.37 GB goes to recovery partition
About 6.5 GB is occupied by the system,
100 mb - boot partition.
It also provides 1 TB of memory on OneDrive.

Q: How to install the Russian language?
See the "Instructions" section.

Q: I do not hit the fingers on the controls! How to increase the size of the interface?
A: Control Panel>Screen>We choose the scale and apply.

Q: The tablet began to slow down after installing the programs. What to do?
A: for normal operation, it would be necessary AT LEAST 2 GB of free space on the system disk. The bigger, the better.

Q: How to activate the Office license?
A: When you first turn on the tablet, an office icon appears in the tray or in the list of applications, by clicking on which the Officer is activated on your account. If you do a full reset before this point, you lose your license.
Modding
Useful information:
USB:

Files:

Instructions:

Reviews, reviews, disassembly of the tablet, unboxing, photos, games, etc .:

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 11.03.19, 14:07

Rep: (9)
Is there reliable information about widi support?

Rep: (557)
* get_on_top
There is not even a real photo on the device.
Wait until the tablets appear on your hands, I think in the first days of January there will already be several owners here.

Device page on the sitehttp://www.chuwi.com/i…m=Product&a=show&id=60
Of sabzh forumhttp://bbs.chuwi.com/f...ilter=typeid&typeid=39

Found a few real photos from the Chinese.
Attached Image

a photo
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedSLipovskiy - 14.12.14, 23:43

* STARKID,
Please make all the specifications under one spoiler in the cap.
MicroSD is supported up to 128 GB - information from off site.
The icon for the vents on the case is the win button.

Rep: (45)
If the only disadvantage of the tablet is the lack of HDMI, you can, in principle, take it. And if Wi-Di support is confirmed, then it's generally chic.
Ps. I talked with the seller, he says that the screen is covered with glass, but how? Body material plastic.

* STARKID,
My very first Ainol Aurora 2 tablet in 2012 was covered with glass. I haven’t been worried about it for a long time.
Although the most common, but all the same glass is put on the screens now normal manufacturers.

Rep: (150)
Who would definitely want HDMI, you can look at the Vido W8C (there is even a version with 3G). They promise to sell the regular version for the same price of $ 95-100. True, the battery there seems to be a little more relaxed, but it’s not critical at all.

Post has been editedIceArms - 16.12.14, 10:24

Rep: (-1)
Guardsmen, how will we solve the problem of simultaneously charging and connecting USB devices? In the Chinese review on one of the photos there is a microusb-USB splitter ... on aliexpress there are a lot of such, but do they work? .. there are topics and videos on YouTube with self-made splitters, but I don’t want to do something myself, though , have to. o.O

I decided not to buy a case yet, I want to wait a la cube iwork8. I take the keyboard with the touchpad separately from us, small. There is a model for creole and gembird.

I can not wait ..) I sent a Chinese mail Netherlands.

Rep: (189)
* sakura2369,
It is hardly possible to make simultaneous charging and operation of USB devices, I speak from experience with those with similar devices. But the attempt is not torture, so dare;)

Rep: (2)
I also ordered this tablet for myself. Interested in the question, is it possible to simultaneously connect a keyboard and a mouse to it via bluetooth? Or will it work only one thing?

Post has been editedHansed - 17.12.14, 02:29

Rep: (-1)
Abod , And what kind of habik, a model you can’t write? ...

Post has been editedsakura2369 - 17.12.14, 11:09

Unpacking tablet videohttp://youtube.com/watch?v=9frln27UqNY

Rep: (35)
How does the tablet work?

Owners with a tablet on their hands in the subject yet, watch the video above your message.

Is there reliable information about widi support?

Intel's WiDi only supports 3740D. Ours cannot do this (judging by the processor specification).
ExileYes, and do not need it. IMHO.

Post has been editedDmitrymart3690 - 21.12.14, 18:11

Then the question of backfilling: how to connect to the TV, provided there is no hdmi and widi?

Once upon a time, I had connected a computer, a laptop, a camera to a TV for a long time and this did not end with anything but satisfying curiosity. I set up - checked - I got pleasure from what I did - I forgot. Because it really does not need.
Is to connect to the monitor, but also a perversion (there is a monitor - it means there is a BB).
get_on_top @ 12/21/2014, 9:15 PM*
How to connect to the TV if there is no hdmi and widi?

I did not ask such a question because of the lack of a TV with WiFi and even HDMI. TV is missing for ideological reasons.

Post has been editedDmitrymart3690 - 21.12.14, 19:25

Rep: (17)
Then the question of backfilling: how to connect to the TV, provided there is no hdmi and widi?

I would venture to answer in any way. Although the first thought - android prefix to the TV and VNC but "why?" And the second thought - you want HDMI - take on more expensive, x80h for example, like the same but HDMI or pipo m2. I think that the Chinese are great, they will implement each principle according to their needs, I don’t need a TV, I don’t need a mobile Internet but I need a Bluetooth keyboard. And here you are.
And if you want a telly on Windows, then there are corresponding consoles too, such that the USB flash drive looks like

I'm more interested in the possibility of installing linux on this thing. And not some kind of ubuntu touch, but normal Debian + lxde / xcfe and so that everything works. Although the work can and file, but how to install it. Has anyone dealt with such tablets? Uefi normal or Chinese cut?

Post has been edited4aba - 21.12.14, 19:37

Rep: (35)

Dongles EzCast, Measy A2W, Prestigio PMD1 and other similar Miracast-devices.

Post has been editedAstus - 21.12.14, 19:31

People, let's not read the tea leaves !!!
The manufacturer stated Wi-Di support, only the owners of this device and the corresponding TV will be able to confirm or deny the availability of this feature.

Rep: (17)
Muller_73 @ 12.21.2014, 21:59*
So now I'm with you. Ordered today on panda. The countdown has gone.
Via hdmi, via vga, via av. And do not say that we do not have these connectors. usb video card for 18 bucks rules the world. Search for "USB to vga" most likely on av and hdmi ..

Tell me please, why buy a tablet without a video output and buy a video output? What happens more expensive. Just wondering.

Post has been edited4aba - 21.12.14, 23:23

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/27/19 13:06