TP-Link TL-MR3420 - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, configuration, firmware, problem solving
USB hub
Have you ever used it to connect a flash drive and modem at the same time or any other, two or more devices?
No, but interesting. [ 281 ] ** [44,18%]
No, I did not think. [ 251 ] ** [39,47%]
Yes, I used a passive hub. [ 35 ] ** [5,5%]
Yes, I used an active hub. [ 69 ] ** [10,85%]
Total votes: 636

Rep: (354)
TP-Link TL-MR3420 - Discussion
PictureRev. v 1.x, 2.x, 3.x. Discussion, firmware, problem solving.
Attached Image

DESCRIPTION
Appearance
TL-MR3420 Rev.v 1.x
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

TL-MR3420 Rev.v 2.x
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

TL-MR3420 Rev.v 3.x
A photo

Those. specifications
Hardware Comparison Chart
Attached Image

Attached Image

TL-MR3420 Rev.v 1.x
TTX

TL-MR3420 Rev.v 2.x
TTX

TL-MR3420 Rev.v 3.x
TTX
Attached Image

FIRMWARE
Official
Custom bikes
Rollback from custom
Instructions for assembling and modifying firmware

DIFFERENT
Useful
Find out the device version ...
To check the hardware version of your TP-LINK device, flip it over and look at the sticker on the bottom panel. In the field where the serial number (Serial Number) is indicated is the character string “Ver: X.Y” (for example, Ver: 1.0), in which the X is the hardware version of the device. That is, if the line looks like this - “Ver: 1.1” - this means that the hardware version of the device is V1.
If you did not find the version designation at the end of the FFC-ID: then you most likely have V1.x
Attached Image

3G / 4G USB Modem Compatibility List (TL-MR3420)
Configure RusBie4G to work with usb modems
Configure RusBie4G to work with usb modems ("Alternative configuration")
OpenWrt + VPNclient (without using a USB flash drive)
U-Boot Console 1.1.4 by hackpascal (MR3420 v2)
TP-Link TL-MR3420 v2 8MB FLASH - for v.2
Dumps and firmware for recovery

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder messages, or in QMS. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been edited-SunLion- - 29.10.18, 16:15
Reason for editing: firmware update + useful

Rep: (1)
In general, the router has nothing to do with it. But this is oftop)) Thank you all, disagree))))

Rep: (4)
How to disassemble this device?

- Unscrew 2 screws from the bottom
-Remove the antennas and loosen the nuts from their connectors ...
And then what?

Good evening everyone.
Dear forum users, please treat with understanding, I am a beginner in this business.
I have a TP-Link TL-MR3420 router. 2 years honestly worked on the native factory firmware, there was a modem from a 4G megaphone. But since the megaphone was constantly being cheated with tariffs, it was decided to purchase a 4G modem from YOTA. Connected - works, but turns off after 3 minutes. In the Internet, I found a cure for this ailment - OpenWrt firmware. I did it, but alas, YOTA did not work. I inserted a megaphone modem - it's all good. With a fool, do not read the detailed description of the setting, let's do something, poke somewhere. As it turned out, my router didn’t tolerate my manipulations for a long time. As a result, we have a router with the following "features":
1. It is impossible to enter the Web interface;
2. all the lights flash as expected (it seems that he is working and everything is fine with him);
3. wifi distributes, but no device available to me connects to it.
I remember my last actions, and I guess what exactly is the point: I went to the menu item "Network" - "Interfaces" and deleted all available interfaces: LAN, WAN and WIFI.
On this sitehttp://cyber-place.ru/showthread.php?t=368I found instructions on how to return everything to the factory settings, but could not log in to Putty. When connecting to telnet 192.168.1.1, it generates the error "FATAL ERROR PuTTY Network error: Connection timed out".
I ask for help, if someone knows how to deal with this, please tell me. I do not want to go for a new router at all.
Thanks in advance to everyone who responds.

Rep: (2087)
* momons , behind the reset button, press

Post has been editedilya-fedin - 31.07.15, 10:51

* ilya-fedin
it's useless, on this firmware there is no reset function by this button

Rep: (56)
* momons
that’s why it’s open wrt, that everything is there and everything works there, including reset (it works from the button), and if I don’t know how to do something, it’s better not to write, now see how the network sees the router, in the extreme case risen abound, left a forum to read

Post has been editedvirtual13 - 31.07.15, 21:44

* virtual13,
First of all, I tried to reset the settings with this particular button, but in the Internet I found information that the favorite reset button did not work with you on this firmware. If you don’t know how to help, then pass by and don’t litter with meaningless messages, but rather test everything that you assert and advise people by experience.

Rep: (56)
* momons
On3420v2, several years working etc / rc.button / reset
Attached filereset.zip(311 bytes)

Rep: (6)
* Palancer hem a cap around the perimeter of something sharp. She snaps.

Rep: (42)
Take to your ranks the lucky owner of the TL-MR3420. I took it to replace the ASUS RT-N10 LX which for two years of use just got a periodic loss of connection. The reset button several times a day to restore the connection. Well, let's not talk about sad things let's be happy. This router has attracted attention with its beautiful design, versatility (it may someday be useful to the mobile Internet), good performance and low price. Compared to ASUS, the speed has increased significantly both in lan and in WiFi. Coverage has increased , and the speed at a distance almost does not fall. Immediately flashed to the latest factory firmware. I have a question. What is the advantage of open wrt firmware? What other devices besides modems can be connected to the usb input? For example, usb printer to print from an android smartphone or maybe hard disk...

Post has been editedavatar77726 - 02.08.15, 00:06

Rep: (0)
tell me how to disable lte leaving 3g
ps yota

Rep: (27)
avatar77726 @ 08/02/2015, 01:01*
I have a question. What is the advantage of open wrt firmware? What other devices besides modems can be connected to the usb input? For example, a usb printer to print from an android smartphone or a hard disk ...

There is no support for your printer, only for a modem. at the expense of better open wrt, I will say that nothing. Especially if the router is asked for ithttp: //www.tp-link.com...R3420_V2.html#Firmware

Rep: (42)
* rampa80
The last is in English and the corrections are not that significant.

Rep: (15)
tell me, I have version 2.0. works on the megaphone modem m150 2, 4g. The speed through the router is approximately halved. how to fix?
(the modem is lit in blue, it means in LTE mode)

Firmware Version:
3.13.27 Build 121206 Rel.60215n

Rep: (2087)
* Dima20
Translate modem to HiLink

... The question has been resolved. Sorry for disturbing.

Post has been editedtip ^ OK - 13.08.15, 19:41

Hello. Tell me on this issue pliz. We move to the cottage village, there are no companies providing Internet. What options are there? For myself, while I found an option with a 4g modem. I think to do so Yota (SIM for phone) + Huawei E3272 (billine) (flash another one and unlock) + Tp_Link TL-MR3420. What do you think will be fine?

Rep: (6)
* Korshunov_Igor,
I have e33 72 from the megaphone "edited" and with the whit in this router. It works perfectly. If my memory does not change, the e3272 also works. When I bought, I wanted to take it, but it was not available.
take a lookon the modem page
and if there is no modem yet, then take the e3372 and the hilink firmware. Verified)

Post has been editedfarpram - 18.08.15, 11:18

* farpram
How fast is the situation on such a bunch?

Friends!
I reinstalled the firmware, but I did not solve the problem :(
Help solve this problem: 3 devices are connected to Wi-Fi. 9 megabits come in and everyone gets no more than 3 megabits. I want to make it so that the Wi-Fi which gives out gives more speed to others if someone does not use much Internet at this time. For example: two are watching the mail and a total of 1 megabit of traffic, and the third is watching a movie and should give him 9-1 = 8 megabits, but as someone who just started to send mail, he also began to increase speed on the Internet.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/08/19 5:57 PM