84 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Device selection | Tips for choosing and discussing navigation devices.
iks
Message#1
17.03.09, 09:17
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 383
Check in: 15.09.06
Xiaomi Mi Max Prime

Device selection
Tips for choosing navigators
FAQ on the Selection and Comparison of Portable Devices

References:

This topic discussesonly:
  • aspects of the choice of device (including assistance in choosing the desired characteristics)
  • new items (with unique / interesting features)
  • device comparison: comparative characteristics of specific devices, competitive advantages of one over the other, etc.
If you have questions / need to discuss a specific device, you should contact "Device Catalog"or in the topic dedicated to the device itself (if necessary, create the example of existing ones)

Links to interesting posts topics:
Dear users!

������ ������� �������!
    ���� ��� ����������� ���-�� ���������, �� ���������� ������� "�������", ����� ��� ���������� ��������� - �������� ����� "+" �� ������� ���� � ����� ���� ��������� ������, ����������� ����� �� ������ ���������. ���� � ��� ������ 15 ��������� �� ����� ������, ��� �������� ����-���� ��������� ������� �� ������ Ïðèêðåïëåííîå èçîáðàæåíèå � ��������, ��� � ��� ��� �����. download

Post has been editedkoordinator - 07.05.13, 11:43
M1kka_A
Message#42
18.01.06, 11:18
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 2
Check in: 02.12.05

Exactly.... ;)
Just as it turned out, they are using various portcolors.
ZHSP is a comport, and ZHPRS is roughly speaking dialup networking ...
Therefore, a bunch is possible.
But suppose ZhPS and ZhSM-Pro (to control the phone) - FIG .. they both use comports. : unsure:

--------------------
2.3.1. Signatures containing:
- more than 3 lines of text
vkhort
Message#43
18.01.06, 12:29
User
[offline]

Messages 85
Check in: 26.07.05
Gigabyte GSmart i120

There is such a snag.
We have HP iPAQ 4700 with firmware 1.10
Clip-On Bluetooth as a GPS receiver
The latest official version of Pocket GPS Pro Moscow.

After 15-20 minutes of normal operation, the connection breaks down on the blue tooth and you have to exit the program. But this is not enough!
When you try to turn on a blue tooth on a pickpocket in the manager, we get a message that there is no Bluetooth card, it is recommended to install it, or make a soft-reset device.

Has anyone encountered this problem?
Thanks to everyone who answered
Barlog
Message#44
19.01.06, 12:36
Local
[offline]

Messages 167
Check in: 12.11.05
Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 720

Like many of us, I came to the choice of a GPS receiver for my package.
From the information I found only the prices, and the assurances of the sellers that their GPS is the best, the best, the most sophisticated, is best taken ... but how else: D

But no one can articulately explain the parameters specified by the manufacturer ..

What are the pros and cons of the bluetooth receivers and those on the card .....

I will be grateful to everyone, without exception, for stating their thoughts and indicating the pros and cons of their devices ... as well as all the possible links where you can read about all the technologies related to this question ...

Thanks in advance

P.S. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will create a survey about which GPS modules use poketovody, And most importantly, if they choose a device not from the list, they explain why.

My main goal is to collect the maximum information that each of you has.

Thanks to all.

--------------------
Loox720, SD Kingston ULTIMATE 2Gb, CF GPS GlobalSAT BC-337, Nokia 5500
Malval
Message#45
19.01.06, 13:03
Guru
[offline]

Group: Developers
Messages 2708
Check in: 25.10.05
HTC One M7

Pros bt:

1. Separate battery, do not eat from the PDA.
2. Not tied to the PDA, you can throw the car on the back shelf, and the PDA in the front seat.
3. You can use it with another PC, for example with a laptop.

Cons bt:
1. In a sense, pluses, they are also disadvantages. Carry a few devices with you - parking, I have long wanted PDAs, phones, GPS, cameras, etc. all in one. And so that a little battery consumed, and that everything worked as on separate devices, and so that it was large enough. Dreams Dreams...
2. BT channel is busy, although not tested.

Maybe something else.

PS: I have a BT-308, taken from the hands for $ 100, fully satisfied. For the average user for the eyes.
Barlog
Message#46
19.01.06, 13:12
Local
[offline]

Messages 167
Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 720

Malval,

Bluetooth, also eats battery ... the question is what eats more ..

--------------------
Eprst
Message#47
19.01.06, 13:27
Abyrvalg
[offline]

Messages 591
Check in: 23.10.05
HTC EVO 3D

Barlog @ 01/19/06 3:12:27
Malval,

Bluetooth, also eats battery ... the question is what eats more ..

ABOUT! So you know! And what then ask? In general, what do you expect to hear here? Full review? Will not work. It's easier for you to read and make a decision. Try to use the search. Because already here more than once on similar questions (similar to yours) gave answers.
_http: //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/index.php?showforum=16
Attached Image
Barlog
Message#48
19.01.06, 14:28
Local
[offline]

Messages 167
Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 720

Eprst,

I would like to half-answer my "stupid questions":

1. SiRF Star II / LP chipset, SiRF Star III chipset - What is the difference? What generally exist in our category, and how the accuracy of the definition really depends on them (if it depends).

2. Ionistor "SuperCap" to save the data of the almanac, what depends on it, what else happens, what is better?

3. WGS-84 coordinate system, is it bad or good? : rolleyes: What else are that depends on them.

4. NMEA 0183 messages: GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC, GLL, VTG (GLL, VTG - optional). , what is it? and for what?

5. Which manufacturer is your best? And why....

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Eprst
Message#49
19.01.06, 15:42
Abyrvalg
[offline]

Messages 591
Check in: 23.10.05
HTC EVO 3D

Barlog @ 01/19/06 4:28:30
Eprst,

I would like to half-answer my "stupid questions":

1. SiRF Star II / LP chipset, SiRF Star III chipset - What is the difference? What generally exist in our category, and how the accuracy of the definition really depends on them (if it depends).

2. Ionistor "SuperCap" to save the data of the almanac, what depends on it, what else happens, what is better?

3. WGS-84 coordinate system, is it bad or good? : rolleyes: What else are that depends on them.

4. NMEA 0183 messages: GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC, GLL, VTG (GLL, VTG - optional). , what is it? and for what?

5. Which manufacturer is your best? And why....

Thanks in advance.

Yeah ... Envy your needs and demands. It is unlikely that someone will give you a course of lectures on the questions posed by you. There really is not an indispensable answer. Yes, and opinions in the answers each will have their own and not always objective (as recommended by the manufacturer). And most likely you will need to go to a specialized forum on GPS (for example, here - _http://forum.gpsinfo.ru/), where you can be given a course of lectures.
In general, look for yourself here:

_http://www.gpsinfo.ru/articles/
_http://www.gpsinfo.ru/news/
_http://zhushev.ru/gps.htm
_http://zhushev.ru/gps.htm#Ozi_3954i
_http://gps.boston.ru/library/compare.shtml
_http://gps.boston.ru/library/link.shtml
M
direct links
maverick
Message#50
23.01.06, 20:37
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 634
Check in: 28.07.05
Nokia 7.1

THIS IS YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .........................: yahoo:: yahoo :: yahoo: Yes, on the subject, I have a GPS-BT 338 and I am happy as an elephant. The apartment even works, 2-3 meters from the window, sees 3-4 satellites !!!

--------------------
Mersovod
Barlog
Message#51
24.01.06, 00:23
Local
[offline]

Messages 167
Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 720

maverick,

Today, from the fact that I dug you one of the best solutions ....

--------------------
Ztrel0cK
Message#52
24.01.06, 08:47
Wild HR
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 660
Check in: 07.10.05
Glofiish (E-Ten) X650

Well I do not know. For me, the principle of minimizing charge. I have to carry / carry with me in frequent-visiting places ... Thus, for me, CF turned out to be the best solution - a cigarette lighter in a cigarette lighter - and I use the drum how much it eats batteries =)
Although I have a friend, he powered BT gps from a light bulb in the glove compartment and PDA from a salon light bulb (xs like) - dude is happy about life =)

Added @ 24.01.2006, 08:47

Oh yeah, with BT they say more glitches happen =)

--------------------
PPC: Eten Glofish X650 (ROM 282 RUS) + 2Gb MicroSD
PPC2: Qtek S200 + 4GB SD Transcend;
Barlog
Message#53
26.01.06, 12:30
Local
[offline]

Messages 167
Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 720

Ztrel0cK,

I went the same way as you already bought the Global SAT CF BC-337, on the new .... chipset SURF STAR III catches super, even in a room at a distance of 1-1.5 meters from the window. In Kiev, working with 9-10 satellites.

I highly recommend it ... the SURF STAR III chipset: good:

--------------------
firn
Message#54
31.01.06, 00:04
Local
[offline]

Messages 225
Check in: 13.10.05
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Exynos

It costs only 110 $
Attached Image
Bluetooth GPS receiver JJ-Connect Bluetooth: High-sensitivity 12-channel GPS receiver, combined with the antenna. Improved accuracy of satellite data reception when navigating in difficult conditions. Replaceable Li-Ion 850 mA battery. Compatible with all devices that have the BlueTooth function, as well as with any software that allows you to receive information from satellites in the NMEA format (OziExplorer, PocketGPSPro, PalmGIS and others).

Does anyone have such a thing? The price is captivating, take.

--------------------
Bad luck, go at night .. in the woods .. in the trunk ..
maverick
Message#55
31.01.06, 01:14
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 634
Check in: 28.07.05
Nokia 7.1

Acc is weak. Give a link to where the Old took.

--------------------
Mersovod
firn
Message#56
31.01.06, 11:27
Local
[offline]

Messages 225
Check in: 13.10.05
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Exynos

Infa off. Site: _http://www.jj-connect.ru/index.php?CID=39

--------------------
Bad luck, go at night .. in the woods .. in the trunk ..
menx
Message#57
31.01.06, 12:42
User
[offline]

Messages 85
Check in: 18.11.05
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Standard

suspiciously what is not written on which chipset is made. For SiRF III, the price is good. For SiRF II - in my opinion a bit too much ... although there is an external antenna in the kit, it means most likely this chipset.

Post has been editedmenx - 31.01.06, 12:44

--------------------
Germany / SPb
Qtec s100 ->HTC Touch2 ->Huawei Honor ->Acer Liquid E700 + Samsung Galaxy Tab ->Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
Mi Band 1 ->Amazfit Bip
r9d9
Message#58
31.01.06, 16:04
User
[online]

Messages 53
Check in: 08.11.05

what are you waiting for ??? They also wrote in black and white:

BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM PocketGPS Pro Moscow
Version restrictions:
2. The VGA version for IPAQ-4700 and for PN-4700 is not recommended for use with Bluetooth GPS receivers, since There is a possibility of Bluetooth interruptions.
didex
Message#59
31.01.06, 16:12
Blow ready!
[offline]

Group: Admins
Messages 1055
Check in: 12.10.05
Apple iPhone 6s Plus

My 4700 + BT308 kit works great. Apparently, the case is also in the receiver, because there are almost no complaints from the owners of 308 globalsats. (IMHO)

--------------------
Long live thanks to what we - no matter what!
@ KOT @
Message#60
01.02.06, 16:08
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 4
Check in: 06.12.05

I had 2 Global Sat W-318. The quality of reception is quite satisfied: the determination of the exact location depends on the location of VT in the car - VT in the center of the cabin and I travel 20 meters from the real location. I plugged the antenna, put the cigarette lighter in the glove compartment and the problems were gone. Began others. The first BT spionerili. The second broke the module, i.e. he sees satellites, but his phone is not. The main problem is the map. In Moscow, there is still nothing, but it is worth going to the region to darkness - I am constantly around the track, sometimes up to 80 (!) Meters. In this case, the phone paves the route and advises to turn right or left ... usually on the rails ... right from the bridge .... But this is already a glitch card. By the way, charging the VT was enough for 2-4 days of constant charging.
P.S. By the way, GPS Pro.
Good luck to all!!
Sanitch
Message#61
01.02.06, 23:15
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1417
Check in: 29.01.06
Honor 5C (China)

And I have such a problem. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. There is hx4700 and gps bluetooth globalsat 338. Gis Russ program. I can not connect (or configure) the gps receiver. In the top toolbar, where the gps connection status is displayed, there is a satellite icon with a question mark. What does it mean? And how do I check the operation of gps and PDA? I do not live in Moscow, so the use of the PocketGPS Pro Moscow program will probably not work. Tell me.

--------------------
Motorola Atrix 2 (AT & T MB865) - Android 4.4.4 SlimKat; Asus Nexus 7 (2012 WiFi 16gb) - Android 4.4.4 (SlimKat)); Huawei Honor 5C NEM-AL10 - Android 7 (B361 China)

84 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/29/19 09:29