> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III - Android Lollipop firmware port (OS 5.x)

Rep: (106)
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 - Unofficial Firmware (OS 5.x.x)
PictureSamsung Galaxy S III, SGS3, GT-I9300, m0
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage / Repair пїЅ | Wi-Fi setup and problems пїЅ | Power consumption (autonomy) пїЅ | Editing system apk пїЅ | Modified and stock kernels пїЅ | Custom recovery пїЅ | EFS Recovery (IMEI) пїЅ| Firmware:Official пїЅ | Custom пїЅ | MIUI пїЅ| OpenSource (4.x пїЅ | 4.4 пїЅ | 5.x пїЅ | 6.x-7.x пїЅ ) | Topics for CM12 / 13 пїЅ

Remember! Everything you do with your phone, you do at your own peril and risk.
For the consequences, except for you, no one is responsible!

Be sure to backup EFS and keep it on the external card / PC / in the cloud storage. Right now. Otherwise there may be a lot of things.
go wrong.

Do not reset to factory settings via the firmware interface! Those who want to reset - read THIS.

Firmware
Temasek's UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 12.1
Temasek's UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 12.1 by arter97

Temasek's UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 12.1 by Darkened_Sky

NamelessROM

CM 12.1 from JustArchi + development from Trafalgar Square
CM 12.1 from JustArchi

CM 12.1 from Trafalgar Square

RESURRECTION REMIX by varund7726

Unofficial SlimLP & Omni by mcgi5sr2
Download links in the topic, because they are "not static"
Talk on xda

Flyme os

ArchiDroid from JustArchi

Dokdo-project from slg1119
Talk on xda
Download the latest version Attention! Links are not checked! Use with caution!

Gokulbalram's Euphoria OS

Unpopular
Archive
Kernels
Fixes and instructions
Gapps + Faq by GAPPS + opengapps
SuperSu (superuser) Getting RTH after firmware
How to take a screenshot on Lollipop
Fix a curved video display!
Solving the problem of slow charging the phone + Option 2
File Manager for installation via Svm
Turn off the backlight touch keysOption 1 + Option 2
Transition to F2FS and re-internal memory
Knock-On (lock and unlock the device by double tapping the screen)
Record calls and remove program dependencies from Google Play services
Script cleaning after firmware for Android 5.x.x + Option 2 for arter
Translated aTweaks_1.0_1
Smile pack changing google smiles on IOS smiles
Edited file is responsible for sound quality in CM12
Spirit2 (radio)
Tips for reducing power consumption + Option 2
Topics for CM12 + Installing and creating your own BootAnimation
Create on-screen buttons
Script for non-installable applications
Remove (!) If someone does not like :)
Manual setting SMS centerOriginal theme + transfer
XPOSED for lollipop + Xposed Torch (Flashlight)
Another solution to the problem with a flashlight
If the volume rocker does not switch tracks when the screen is off
We remove the acid colors of amold on the firmware without the support of the original color profiles of the Samsung.
AntiGapps Script (Script completely removes all services and Google applications)
The choice of hardware / onscreen buttons during the initial configuration of the rum
For those who want to turn off the MENU and BACK buttons
The page menu in Trebuchet
How to make the computer see a flash drive (external SD) in an empty phone in recowery mode
The solution to the lack of sound on the Dokdo firmware from the Boeffle core
F.A.Q on device firmware via recovery
We treat "unknown numbers" on the biline
Firmware instructions
Survey Screenshots
2016:
Attached Image

Some of the information is available byreferenceon the technical post
The best firmware today

K
For all questions filling caps - contact curator at QMS
Flood, offtopic and questions whose answers can be easily found in the header can be deleted without warning.

Post has been editedHellsingoff - 08.05.17, 10:12
Reason for editing: Update

Rep: (4)
* Li201,

Great, thanks, I have a plus sign;), I saved some time for me. Generally, IMHO, Lollipop for our device is the most - KitKat is already outdated in many respects, and all that is higher is a lottery with glitches of all types of radio communications (WiFi, BT and even with communication) and almost guaranteed battery performance regarding Android 4. It’s clear that there is no better drain and around it, but a number of applications no longer work on it, and almost everything works on 5 of the software I use. So 6-7-8-9 I will set Androids when my hands are completely combing. : D. By the way, which of these firmwares is more humane to the battery? Now I have a stock 4.1.2 and an enhanced battery, I charge it once every 2-3 days: sveta :.

Rep: (5)
* Fahd , this is exactly how version 5 of the android is the most optimal now. The growth version is equivalent to the growth of bugs.

Zhor battery is the same, it all depends on the configuration of the kernel. To each his own as they say.

There is also a third candidate, in my opinion one of the latest builds of CM12.1: cm-12.1-20161015-RPDROKY-i9300. I wanted to put it, but now I’ll see that, I have to look at these two. By the way, if someone tried one of the assemblies from RPDROKY, I would be grateful if you share your impressions.

* Fahd
I used this firmware for quite a long time, everything seemed to be fine, but one day after the incoming call the screen hung, the call went and the screen remained black.

Post has been editedLi201 - 06.06.19, 18:18

* Li201,

Did the reset help? Or even hard reset? Maybe the kernel had to change and play with its settings?

Rep: (9)
Good evening everyone! Phone to my girl, do not tell me what is the most stable and fastest firmware of all? Not counting the drain. No matter which version of android will be the main least number of bugs. If you can give a link thanks in advance

* skania010980,

Well, the least amount of bugs is just a drain. In the extreme case - okolostok, version not higher than 4.4.4. On the 5th version and they are already noticeable, the higher the version, the worse. Very successful, in my opinion assembly:

Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 - Unofficial firmware (OS 4.xx) (Post namok # 42219560)

There is already a custom-made core, nothing more is needed to pick.

Fahd @ 06/09/19 20:38*
Did the reset help? Or even hard reset? Maybe the kernel had to change and play with its settings?

What's the point? This version works great. Then they all switched to cm13. I was too lazy to test, the more they are the same, but this one works more than stably for now.

Post has been editedLi201 - 23.06.19, 11:08

* Li201,

I readily believe that r37 is the most stable. But she seems to be from June 2016, and RPDROCKY from October. Although I suspect that if there is something great there, then only security patches.
By the way, the question is: with the firmware on the Lollipop modem, the old XEMG4 (from runoff 4.1.2, but it is already a new type) to leave or what other would you advise. With the kernel, everything is clear - this is Boeffla. Although the question here is - are these kernels normally sewn on TWRP? And then everywhere on the developer's site was CWM. : scratch_one-s_head:

* Fahd Everything works fine out of the box, you do not need to change anything. I stitched everything through twrp 3.2.3.0, there were no problems.

Rep: (0)
Questiononly to those Who is sitting or sitting on the Dokdo firmware, when you restart, the message "launching applications" constantly pops up, not for long, for 5 seconds and it happens less, did it somehow manage to overcome?
I tried to install a clean one, without gapps, at first there is no message, but as the software is installed or settings are configured for it, it doesn’t depend on specific applications, I tried to delete one by one hoping to find the culprit - disappears. But then it reappears even on an empty firmware, andon other firmware even with those applications to which you have sinned - such a message does not appear even after installing everything you need \ available. It seems to be lacking, but the reason is interesting. There was already a similar message, but without an answer.

Post has been editedAnd roid men - 23.06.19, 16:18

Rep: (2)
If someone suddenly comes in handy - installed Cyanogen Mod 12.1, the nano gaps
+ From the market I installed the s6 theme, and everything works fine without any complaints, it looks very beautiful, the labels and sounds are all original

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (0)
I want to flash the old man from 4.4.4 to 5.1. But at the stage of working with Odin, during the installation phase of the recovery file, the error Fail appears.
I am a complete layman in this matter (

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/11/19, 00:04