Asus Zenfone 5 - Kernels and their discussion

Rep: (1637)
Asus Zenfone 5 - Kernels and their discussion
PictureZenfone 5, A500, A501, ASUS_T00F, ASUS_T00J
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Owners Club пїЅ | power usage пїЅ | Modifications of software and decorations пїЅ | GPS and Navigation В» | Talk zenfone 5 lte В» | Zenfone 5 camera

This topic is conducted discussion cores!
For general questions about the flashing turn to the subject device firmware.

• Before you ask - please use the search by topic!
  • All images remove a spoiler!
  • Posts to another topic (offtopic) will be deleted without warning!

Kernels

Drivers and Utilities

Instructions

miscellanea

There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling the caps, contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedGeneralgrant - 06.11.15, 21:09
Reason for editing: Stock nucleus of 3.24.40.78 with support init.d scripts

Rep: (9)
azat81 With your kernel, 5% of the charge is 14 minutes with usual reading with minimal brightness.

Rep: (28)
sirla2
In 30 minutes of the game in FIFA 15 I fought 10%
Not bad

Zeyhex @ 11/29/2014, 08:42*
With your kernel takes 5% charge in 14 minutes with usual reading with minimal brightness

In reading and internet mode
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedDymon - 29.11.14, 08:53

Rep: (10)
Drivers and utilities.

Drivers.
Attached fileDriver.rar(17.94 MB)

Utilities.
Attached fileFlashTools.rar(477.5 KB)

Post has been editedDymon - 29.11.14, 18:08
Reason for editing: Thank you, in the header. Moderator.

Kernel installation instructions

For security reasons, install the kernel only on the charged device !!!
Required unlocked bootloader is not off. Method =>Asus Zenfone 5 - Official firmware (OS 4.4)

1. Install the drivers and unzip FlashTools.

2. The jacked kernel throw in the folder with FlashTools.
3. Take the charged and turned off Zenfone, clamp the VOLUMEUP button and the power button.
4. After downloading a DroidBoot plug zenfone to PC.
5. We go to the folder where the unzipped FlashTools.
6. Pressing SHIFT Press the right mouse button and select the "Open command window" item.
7. In the opened console we are prescribed: FastBoot Flash Boot Boot.img
fastboot reboot
8. After that, Zenfone will reboot.
And voila now you have a custom kernel :)

Post has been editedDymon - 13.09.15, 14:25
Reason for editing: Thank you, Added to the header. Moderator.

Rep: (9)
Nowhere, by chance, no instructions, how to compile the x86 kernel under Zenfone 5 and where to take the source?

Rep: (28)
Zeyhex @ 11/29/2014, 21:18*
Nowhere, by chance, no instructions, how to compile the x86 kernel under Zenfone 5 and where to take the source?

On off. The site has sources and inside the instruction relating to the main points, the rest of the Google to help.

Rep: (1)
Azat81 @ 11/28/2014, 18:45*

With this kernel, the phone worked 4 hours of screen. The kernel is more economical.

Rep: (342)
Another attempt to find energy saving in firmware 2.20.40.13 - the kernel from version 2.20.40.9 is suitable for the last firmware 2.20.40.13, initially, at its base, showed itself very well. For those who do not want to unlock the loader for some reason, and the energy is sorry. This may exit. Actually the kernel itself: Attached fileboot.img (9.15 MB)

Attached Image
Attached Image

Typically, the metro 2033 has eaten from 100% to zero in a couple of hours. This kernel was kept 3 hours from 80% to 15. At a dropped speed of up to 933 mg.
With the usual use of energy saving on the face, I am very pleased.
To install this kernel, you do not need to unlock the bootloader. It stock canter. And is stitched as all the kernels; In fastbet mode, connect to BB. Open the command line from the folder with Flashtool. The kernel must be in the same folder. We recruit the command; FastBoot Flash Boot Boot.img and press ENTER.

Post has been editedTishak - 24.12.14, 14:26
Reason for editing: added information

Rep: (133)
Asus Zenfone 5 - kernels and their discussion (post # 36120269)
In the 7th point is an excess word: Flash (instead of "FastBoot Flash Reboot" you need "FastBoot Reboot")
Correct, although not critical, but still ...

You can add a kernel from the firmware from the firmwaremondi
Link to the original post:ASUS ZENFONE 5 - Official firmware (OS 4.4) (post # 36147605)

Attached files

Attached fileboot.zip(8.19 MB)

Post has been editedsaurovuv - 02.12.14, 14:55

Rep: (7)
So what kind of kernel still put on 2.20.40.13?

Rep: (133)
* igor27277,
If you do not want to unlock the loader, thenASUS Zenfone 5 - Cores and their discussion (post # 36151612)
If there is a desire, you can try the post above from Mondi, however, I have not noticed a bigger growth in autonomy, I put yesterday ...

Rep: (0)
* saurovuv,
The bootloader is probably unlocked and now is still the kernel from Devswift, but can you somehow from Mondi the kernel only to put? And will there be any savings there?

Post has been editedigor2727 - 02.12.14, 16:38

I have a kernel from Azat. It eats very little in active mode, but headphones do not work. I hope for azat soon fixes it.

Can I see screenshots? With screen work. I think also put

Post has been editedigor27277 - 03.12.14, 21:19

The Saltwell core is very similar to the first Intel Atom. Therefore, performance on the tact is almost the same (extremely minor improvements). But now the processor is equipped with an additional 256 Kb of a low-power cache that allows the processor and L2 cache to enter the mode of reduced energy consumption. In addition, the processor is capable of automatically accelerating to 1.6 GHz (base frequency: 933 MHz) for a short time or, on the contrary, slow down to 100 MHz (100 MHz steps) for energy saving.

Rep: (66)
Grotting @ 04.12.2014, 11:19*
Saltwell.

And where is it?

Here are the screenshots.

Attached Image
Attached Image

Sirla2 @ 04.12.2014, 20:03*
Here are the screenshots.

[attachment = "5462211: screensh ... 07-31-19.jpg"] [attachment = "5462215: screensh ... 07-31-23.jpg"]

Screen running time

Rep: (6)
* Grotting
Tell me please, what kind of kernel did you write about? Or give a link.

http: //www.notebookche...rocessor.106189.0.html

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 13.01.21, 21:15