Onda V819w - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 8.1 | 8 '' | Intel Z3735E 1.3 (1.8) GHz | 1GB RAM

Rep: (97)
Discussion Onda V819w
Onda V819w
Description | Discussion of the Windows version пїЅ | Discussion of the Android version
Windows 8 пїЅ | Windows 8.1 пїЅ | Windows RT | Windows 7 пїЅ | Windows xp пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ
Highly Recommended Reading
Before asking a question, carefully read the FAQ section, scroll through the header, lookTerms and jargon, Windows os, UNIX-based OS, Ambulance laptop owners, Installing Windows Vista / Server 2008/7 from a USB flash drive. Respect your and other people's time.

To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections:
NETbook software
, Touch-optimized Windows software , Screen Keyboards for UMPC and Games: Netbook Games , Games on netbooks based on graphics chip ION , Games for tablets based on Intel Atom Z2760 .

To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Laptops, Tablets, TabletPC, UMPC, MID .

Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
How to hide images under spoiler
[spoiler = NAME / Name / Empty field] Image [/ spoiler]

Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specifications:
Attached Image

Size LxWxH: 207x122.5x8.5mm.
Weight: 354 g.
CPU: Intel Z3735E (Quad Core) 1.3 (1.8) GHz.
Video card (integrated into the chip): Intel HD Graphics
RAM: 1 GB DDR3
Internal disk: 16 GB.

Display:
The size: 8 inches (IPS)
Resolution: 1280x800.

Camera:
Front: 2MP
Back: 5MP(autofocus)

Battery: 4000mAh.
Multitouch: up to 5 touches

Bluetooth: 4.0
WIFI: There is. 802.11 b / g / n
3G: Not. You can connect the modem via USB via an OTG cable.
Memory Card Support: There is. The maximum amount of 128GB.
useful links
Reviews
Text Reviews
ONDA UA

Video reviews
Russian-language Review
Detailed Russian-language review in 3 parts (1, 2, 3)

FAQ
Q: Is the OS full or stripped down?
A: Full-fledged.

Q: How many of the claimed 16 gigs does the system show?
A: Only 14-15 GB. Available from 5 to 6 GB.

Q: Should I install updates from the Windows Update Center?
A: It is recommended (you thereby save yourself time without spending it on manually installing the necessary updates of applications or system components), but since On our tablet there is not enough free space, then, if everything suits you, you can not put it.

Q: I downloaded all the updates, now I have minus 1-4GB of free space !! Oh, thanks! What do you say now ?!
A: Do not worry! :) Of course, you will not refund all the spent GB, because downloaded the necessary software and updates, but most of the return will succeed.
How to return the spent GB of memory after installing Windows updates
Despite the fact that the method is proven, everything depends on you.
This method has no disadvantages, except that you most likely will not be able to roll back to the previous restore point (?), If you use them at all.

Instruction:
1. Go to the explorer (my computer), right-click (or a long tap on the icon) on the local system disk ->Properties
2. Click "Disk Cleanup", wait ..
3. Click "Clear system files", wait ...
4. Now you can see which files will be subject to cleaning and how much memory you can save (the data is not accurate. Usually much more memory is released than indicated.) (Tip: do not install or remove the check marks).
5. With a hand on your heart and with confidence in yourself, press the OK button and remember the first volume of War and Peace, you will have to wait a long time, although it all depends on how many updates you have installed. For example me (TiCross) installed all updates, including MS Office updates, and waited for the disk to be cleaned for about 45 minutes or more.

Q: Is it possible to free up even more disk space?
A: Yes, there is.
1. If you are going to reinstall Windows
To start, I recommend readingthis post. (Naugruth)

If you are going to reinstall Windows, then when you select a local disk (where the OS will be installed) you will have the opportunity to delete all existing disk spaces, and then create 1 local disk (+ 1 lok. Disk under the system files created automatically). After that, install Windows on a single (in terms of free space) local disk. [space saving>3Gb.]

2. See Above, "How to recover spent GB of memory after installing Windows updates"
3. If you do not want to reinstall Windows, you can, for example, delete standard programs, download a utility for cleaning the system from "junk" (Ccleaner for example), use the second (2.) method.

Q: I heard that there are different versions of tablets. What's the Difference?
A: It is not yet known. If you know what, then write to me atLS

Q: Where can I see this version ??
A: On the barcode of the box. The serial number will be V819WAE8V1XXXX or V819WAE8V2Xxxx

Q: What equipment?
Рћ: Tablet, charger (American plug), adapter from American plug to European (to our sockets) [not included in the standard kit. Ask the seller], microUSB cable, OTG cable, manual in Chinese, key for MS Office.

Q: Is the screen covered with plastic?
A: No, with glass.

Q: Is there a protective film?
A: Yes, it is pasted on the screen.

Q: How is the sound quality of external speakers?
A: Average.

Q: I got a tablet, but I can’t switch the language (in particular, from Chinese to Russian), what should I do ??
A: Follow the instructions fromthis post.

Q: I changed the language, but hieroglyphs remained in places. How to completely change the language?
A: After downloading the localization and changing the language, create a new profile. (then you can delete the old one). As a result, the Russian language should be present everywhere.
Or, try following the guidelines fromthis post.
And the most effective option is to reinstall Windows. (100% way, but more complex and longer than the first)

Q: Can I just turn off the tablet screen (for example, like on a tablet on Android, iOS)?
A: No, this is a feature of the new tablets on Bay Trail c Connected Standby. Just turn off the screen does not work, the tablet always goes into hibernation about a minute after pressing the button.

Q: Is it possible to calibrate the screen?
Oh yeah. In the control panel in the search bar, type "calibration". Follow the onscreen instructions. (andrewin)

Q: The screen flickers, what should I do?Example problem
A: 1. First, try the advice fromof thispost.
2. If the first method did not help, then you should update Bios, then install the latest drivers on the graphics.
3. If the problem does not disappear, then, perhaps, the problem is in the hardware, it will not be solved programmatically.

Q: System Interrupts / System interrupts "load the processor." What to do??
A: You can get acquainted with the problem starting withthis post.
Decision
1. Click on the battery icon on the tablet and click "Advanced Power Options"
2. Click (left) "Request Password on Wake Up"
3. Uncheck "Enable quick launch" (if it does not work, then at the top click "Change settings that are currently unavailable")
4. "Save Changes"

P.S. these actions did not affect the tablet’s download speed. It also loads quickly.
P.S.S. the problem should disappear, at least 2 people have already succeeded. If it helps, then say "Thank you"Tough_maks.

Q: I heard that a key is given on a tablet on MS Office. It's true?
Oh yeah. The license is valid for 1 year from the date of activation. You can activate in your MS account.

Q: Where can I get tablet drivers ??!
A: Drivers can be downloaded fromoff forum. (requires registration).

Q: Windows weighs a lot, but I still want to put a bunch of everything, what should I do ??
A: I would recommend buying a large capacity memory card, but you already know about it. You can also try installing"lite version of Windows."

Q: Is it possible to charge the tablet by portable charging via microUSB port?
A: Yes, you can. For example,Xiaomi Power Bank 10400mah [verified]orMobile Portable Power Bank.

Q: Is it possible to connect a mouse, keyboard, flash drive via a USB hub connected via an OTG cable?
A: Yes, you can. Moreover, if you have a good hub, then all these devices will work without interference for each other.

Q: And the external hard drive ??
A: I did not check, but it is unlikely, because vryatli tablet can provide enough power for the hard drive
Drivers, OS and other usefulness
1. [link to the Onda forum]Updated BIOS forV1, V2[07/18/2014] + (maybe)newer[13.10.2014]. (P.S. the size is the same, both versions solve the problem with the CPU. Perhaps the version from [13.10.2014] is just a duplicate)

2. [links to the Onda forum]Links to Windows 8.1 (without installing drivers) that the tablet came withPart 1, Part 2

3. [links to the Onda forum]All necessary drivers forV1, V2 (in doubt. Most likely the drivers are the same for both versions).Intel Driver Update Utility

4. Windows 10 (Technical Preview)

Instructions
How to update bios
Battery must be charged above 40%
1) Unzip the archive to drive C: /
2) Run the batch file (双击 安装)
3) We wait, do not touch anything. The tablet will reboot and turn on itself!
How to save a key from Windows
The saved key is suitable only for the version of Windows on which you saved this key. You cannot activate Windows PRO with a saved key with Windows 8.1 with Bing
You can try to save the key according to this instruction (difficult method)
How to make a copy of activation.
Guide: to backup your activation and restore Windows 8 activation from backup.
1. Go to C: \ Windows \ System32 \ SPP \ and back up the folder: store, only the folder you need to backup.
Attention:
These folders can be hidden, open folders from the control panel and select the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders + clear the Hide protected system files check box.
Attention 2:
Make sure the public folder store contains the following files and folders!
1 file named data.dat
1 file named tokens.dat
1 cache folder contains a file called cache.dat
2. Reinstall Windows
3. After reinstalling Windows, run the command line as administrator, enter: slmgr -upk this will remove the key, the status changes to no license. (Not activated)
4. After completing step 3, it is necessary to restart the computer in safe mode, run the command line and enter: MSConfig Select the Download tab, -safe mode, -minimum, click apply and restart when prompted.
5. After the reboot, we enter safe mode again, run the command line as administrator and enter: net stop sppsvc to stop the software protection service (sometimes you may get a message that it is already stopped and does not work).
6. Go to C: \ Windows \ System32 \ SPP \ and replace the current folder: store from the backup (I just copied it to the folder and pasted it over the old one with the replacement files)
7. Run the command line and enter: MSConfig, select the usual launch in the General tab, click the apply button and reboot.
8. After the reboot, you are reactivated, you can verify that the activation is completed by entering: Slmgr -dli / dlv / xpr at the command prompt.
Or use the Keycheck utility (easy way)
You can find the utility on the Internet.
Description:
KeyCheck is the best way to select working keys to activate Windows 8.1 Final operating systems, transfer activation from W8 to W8.1, and activate Windows 8.1.
How to reinstall Windows
We will need: USB hub for at least 2 USB ports. Any USB keyboard, flash drive from 4GB.
Video instruction

1. Download the Windows 8.1 image (you can from the Onda forum, or from any other source)
2. Create a bootable flash drive (for example, using the UltraISO program). Instructions for creating a bootable flash drive are on the Internet.
3. Connect the keyboard and flash drive to the hub, the hub through the bundled OTG cable to the tablet.
4. Turn off the tablet. Turn on and press DEL (delete) several times until we enter the BIOS.
5. Go to the last tab. If the flash drive is detected, then click on it (at the bottom of the list).
6. If everything went well, then you will start loading Windows from a flash drive. You may have to wait more than 5 minutes until the welcome screen appears.
7. That's it. Now install Windows.
Reinstall Windows downloaded from ONDA forum
Another way to reinstall Windows using the Windows 10 build example (xrip)
Games + Game Reviews

Reviews / recommendations / marriage
Purchase
Other Onda tablets on Windows
Results of the past voting
Attached Image

Attached Image

For questions about filling caps, contact the creator of the topicTiCross

Post has been editedTiCross - 19.03.15, 01:12
Reason for editing: Updating headers

Rep: (177)
I will be the first) Guys, as I understand it, v819i is an analog of v819w. I have v819i, I want to install win8.1. How does a battery behave in general, autonomy with internet surfing and cinema?

@ ndrux @ 12.01.2014, 08:25*
I will be the first) Guys, as I understand it, v819i is an analog of v819w.

Yes, this is v819i, only on Win 8.1.

I have v819i, I want to install win8.1. How does a battery behave in general, autonomy with internet surfing and cinema?

Something can be caught from the reviews, but it will be better than on Android.
There’s a way in the next topic,How to upgrade to Win 8.1but I did not check.

Post has been editedTiCross - 01.12.14, 17:11

My tablet came a couple of days ago.
First impressions are the most positive :)

When compared with the existing Onda V101w, the cons come out of the price:
1.16GB of which after installation orig. Windows 8.1 and all drivers are available no more than 7GB.
2. 1GB. RAM Oddly enough, but for the first time it was enough to work with MS Office.
3. Battery of lower capacity, because the tablet is small.
4. Charges only through the microUSB port, as It has no other comparison with the Onda V101w.
5. The rear camera (sort of) without autofocus.
6. No (necessary for me) button "Windows" on the tablet.

That’s probably all. As you can see, the cons come only from the price of the device.
-Makes his money 100%.
-Nothing crunches.
-Convenient to hold in your hand.
-Quality pictures on top.
-Optimal iron.

Post has been editedTiCross - 06.12.14, 15:05

Rep: (3)
* TiCross,
When I shot the tablet, this one was chosen. But, when I was about to buy, I decided to look at the competitors once again ... a fresh little v101w caught my eye, spat and decided to pay $ 60. One of the main arguments is the Windows button. In some review, they convinced me that it was necessary.
And so the question is: if you overload with different programs and turn it on, it seems like a "memory dump" (like an operative pumping from hard) are the brakes strong?

Post has been editeddj_mozart - 07.12.14, 16:45

Rep: (177)
Yes, this is v819i, only on Win 8.1.

Something can be caught from the reviews, but it will be better than on Android.
There’s a way in the next topic,How to upgrade to Win 8.1but I did not check.

Yes, it turned out to flash the BIOS and then install win8.1

And so the question is: if you overload with different programs and turn it on, it seems like a "memory dump" (like an operative pumping from hard) are the brakes strong?

Not.
And about the button I agree, a very useful thing in the V101w.

Rep: (4)
Onda V819w - When loading the Onda logo onwardblue screen with chinese charactersAnd does not react to anything (touch, power, vol)
I can turn off only hold Power for 15 seconds.
(Reason, maybe some new Microsoft update, not sure)

Tell mehow to treat , read about reinstalling Windows,
A flash drive with Windows seems to have prepared.
But I can’t even get into the BIOS I tried Power + voi-, Power + Vol +, Power + Vol + Vol-
Nothing helps to enter the bios or recovery or whatever.

Post has been editedLeeroy45 - 20.12.14, 19:28

Leeroy45 @ 12.20.2014, 19:19*
tried Power + voi-, Power + Vol +, Power + Vol + Vol-

After turning on, quickly press the DEL (delete) button on the keyboard.
How to reinstall Windows
We need: USB hub for at least 2 USB ports. Any USB keyboard, flash drive from 4GB.

1. Download the Windows 8.1 image (you can from the Onda forum, or from any other source)
2. Create a bootable flash drive (for example, using the UltraISO program). Instructions for creating a bootable flash drive are on the Internet.
3. Connect the keyboard and flash drive to the hub, the hub through the bundled OTG cable to the tablet.
4. Turn off the tablet. Turn on and press DEL (delete) several times until we enter the BIOS.
5. Go to the last tab. If the flash drive is detected, then click on it (at the bottom of the list).
6. If everything went well, then you will start loading Windows from a flash drive. You may have to wait more than 5 minutes until the welcome screen appears.
7. That's it. Now install Windows.

Regarding the blue screen, I can’t say anything yet, I need an error code.

Post has been editedTiCross - 25.12.14, 20:41

Rep: (3)
* TiCross,
When I shot the tablet, this one was chosen. But, when I was about to buy, I decided to look at the competitors once again ... a fresh little v101w caught my eye, spat and decided to pay $ 60. One of the main arguments is the Windows button. In some review, they convinced me that it was necessary.

And than for example v891w did not fit? there is a Windows button, besides a FullHD screen, 2GB RAM, 32GB disk. While one minus is one connector for OTG and charging, that is, at the time of charging you will not connect anything (without third-party pribluda). And so everything is gorgeous, not counting the low quality of the protective plastic of the screen.

Rep: (0)
Guys, can anyone make a copy of firewood from Windows, it is very necessary, otherwise my sensor works clumsily

Guys, can anyone make a copy of firewood from Windows, it is very necessary, otherwise my sensor works clumsily

The ONDA forum has all the drivers.

Hello to all!

I ordered this tablet for yesterday's stock at Kitmall. I would like to ask a question, just in case a fireman ... Is it necessary to flash the BIOS if you need to reinstall Windows from scratch?

Rep: (37)
Hello to all!

I ordered this tablet for yesterday's stock at Kitmall. I would like to ask a question, just in case a fireman ... Is it necessary to flash the BIOS if you need to reinstall Windows from scratch?

I also wonder, it is written that out of the box there is already Windows 8.1.

Rep: (456)
Since the owners of this device write in other topics I will give links to the main files and topics on the forum with notes

Tablet Onda v819w

Firmware
For the ond version of the tablet is defined as follows, on the back cover the inscription V975IBE6V2A33022, this means that the tablet is V2.

For tabletv1
V819w_v1_AFO1.0.0 Win 8.1-10182014
- part 1
- part 2

For tabletv2
V819w_v2_AFO1.0.0 Win 8.1-10182014
- part 1
- part 2

Install Windows:
1. Format the flash drive in ntfs,be sure to rename itin "Winpe" (without the quotes).
2. Download 2 archives (part 1 and 2) and unpack it by opening the first one on a USB flash drive.
3. Make sure your tablet does not have a microSD card, connect the USB flash drive and keyboard to the tablet through the hub (optionally with power).
4. Turn on the tablet and press DEL until you get into the BIOS.
5. In the BIOS, go to the last bookmark (right arrow) and select your flash drive from the bottom of the list, press Enter, boot from the flash drive will go.
6. At the end of the installation, in the command window will be “COMPLETE! Restart or turn off device”, you can turn it off by holding the power button for a long time, or press any key on the keyboard, remove the USB flash drive.
Recommendation: after formatting the flash drive, open "Control Panel \ Administrative Tools \ Computer Management \ Disk Management" and look for the partition on the flash drive to be marked "Active", if not, make it that way (right mouse button - make it active).

Drivers
V819w Core4_Win8.1_x86_Drivers-10292014.rar
The drivers are installed by running "[Power] install_all.bat" on behalf of the Administrator (right-click on the file).

Onda v819w theme onondaforum.com
Page with files on the siteonda.cn

Firmware recommendeduse with latest version of bios, which version is the latest for which version of the tablet you are looking for yourself, I have a different tablet, write to the PM about changing / fixing the post

Post has been editedjp2008 - 17.01.15, 13:52

Do you think the BIOS on V1 and V2 is really single? How do they (models) differ?

Since the owners of this device write in other topics I will give links to the main files and topics on the forum with notes

Tablet Onda v819w

Firmware

Drivers
V819w Core4_Win8.1_x86_Drivers-10292014.rar
The drivers are installed by running "[Power] install_all.bat" on behalf of the Administrator (right-click on the file).

Onda v819w theme ondaforum.com
The page with the files on the website onda.cn

It is recommended to use firmware with the latest version of Bios, which version is the latest for which version of the tablet you are looking for, I have a different tablet, write to the PM about changing / fixing the post

there are two files 1 and 2 for firmware, what is the difference?

* aleksey_p555 * Volga163
Not necessary.

Created a poll in the header. Please vote.

Good day.

Not so long ago, I became the owner of the onda v819w tablet. In general terms, the tablet pleased both the characteristics and functionality.
But there is one problem - when I disconnect the charging wire from the tablet, the battery icon still indicates that charging continues (it may charge from the air :)). Everything would be fine if at that moment the battery charge was not consumed 2 times faster than usual. Tell me, did anyone with a tablet have a similar problem? Or maybe there are suggestions how to treat this.

I want to add to the survey in the header, the topic is simply necessary, and the tablet has less demand than its brother v975w, but it also has users, and due to the lack of movement in this topic, some (for example, me) had to contact other sections of the forum, although I really wanted to get all the information here.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08.21.19, 23:26