> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

The Witcher AG / The Witcher | [IPhone], [iPad] Board game

Rep: (1470)
The Witcher AG / The Witcher
Version: 1.2.3
Catalog: Board games

Last update of the game in the header:10.07.2015

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Short description:
Long-awaited nastolka

Description:
In The Witcher Adventure Game, players will be able to control four characters, one of which is the legendary Geralt.
The standard set, represented by hunting monsters, making money, forming alliances and some other basic elements.

iTunes Store: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/the-witcher-ag/id735549884?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Video rules in English.
Overview of the game and the rules \ principles of the game in Russian.
Soundtracks from the game
Download:
Version 1.2.3 with localization and hardsubs and voice acting in commercials + instructions pdf in Russian
Version 1.2.3
version 1.2.3

Archive

Post has been editedHoRRicH - 15.02.16, 18:47
Reason for editing: Updating the version ...

* triperus,
He bought himself, played?

Rep: (566)
Yes, of course I play on the iPhone, a bit small but certainly tolerable, until I figured out the rules very much (the game is colorful, I recommend buying it to fans) there are online and offline mode, languages ​​are English and Polish

Post has been editedtriperus - 28.11.14, 01:38

Added a video rule to the cap.
Now I am working on the Russian version.

Overview of the game and the rules \ principles of the game in Russian.
How much do we know of decent computer versions of the desktop? And now we are not talking about "games based on", using the setting or role-playing systems, namely, games that completely copy the gameplay of board games. Only Magic: The Gathering, like Hearthstone and, for example, Spacehulk, comes to mind. Not thick, is not it? So open the bottle in the shelf computer desktops arrived! (This post does not contain a call for alcohol.)

Today we will look at a very curious project named after the real role-playing hit The Witcher Adventure game. This preview is based on the game in beta, so that the opinion about the game during the release may change.

From the first seconds in the game we are met with a detailed description of the game rules, which at first may seem quite sophisticated, and, as is usually the case with desktops, it’s very difficult to figure them out: all the tricks will be learned directly during the game. It should be noted that at the moment only the online mode for 2-4 people is available. You can create it as a private game (which most of them did, since the Poles sent out two keys: to you and your friend). If there are no friends with the key, or they are all busy, then you can try to try your luck and connect to a random player, which in the first couple of days was extremely difficult to find, and besides, everyone immediately rushed into the game and decided to get a bigger group together. People came across, as is usually the case, different. Well, if talkative, because the "desktop" gameplay is conducive to communication.

Suppose we find a person. The first thing to do is to roll 3 d6 on the initiative (d - dice, that is, a bone, or dice, the number after d shows the number of sides; d6 is the most standard dice). The one who wins, selects the hero and the number of quests. There are four heroes in the game: the well-known to everyone who is even a little familiar with the series, the witcher Geralt of Rivia, the charming sorceress Triss Merigold, the local Don Juan bard Buttercup and the red-cut grunt Yarpen Zigrin. Many people ask: why not Zoltan Khiva? Apparently, because he is involved in another game based on the universe - the mobile MOBA The Witcher Battle Arena. The number of quests, in fact, determines the time of the match. There are three options: one quest, three and five. We will come back to them.
The first thing that catches your eye is a picture. The design in the game is gorgeous, the world map is partially translated in 3D, many animations and particles are added, making the picture dynamic and lively. Each character has a piece of the hero you have chosen. Sadness is the lack of imputed smoothing, but this is especially unimportant and, perhaps, it is also implemented.

Players take turns. The player who wins the initiative starts first. To begin with, he selects the main quest that he will perform. Each main quest is characterized by a number of VP (Victory Points). Also, each main quest has two additional tasks, the implementation of which brings victory points. Most often, the essence of the task is to arrive at a certain place with a certain amount of necessary items. Victory points are also given for killing powerful monsters. Each hero has a set of actions, five of them apply to everyone, and the sixth one is unique.

Movement: the player moves the character’s figure one cell, that is, to the nearest city to which the road is paved. Quick move: the player moves the character’s figure two spaces, after which he draws a card from the deck of random events. Research: according to the conditions of the quests, the player needs to collect evidence of a certain quality, for which side quests help. After choosing a study, the player selects a card from the deck of the desired quality and follows the further instructions indicated on the card. Development: the player draws a card from the development deck and receives a new skill that can be used in battle. Rest: the player heals two injuries. The special actions for each hero vary: Geralt prepares the elixirs studied with development cards, Triss charges spells, Ranunculus sings and earns money, Yarpen commands the wards of the red people, he can give two orders at a time. Someone collects evidence, someone brings money.
Each city has images of chips of a certain color - evidence that we will obtain upon arrival in the city. Clues, in turn, are needed for quests, and some of them are converted into evidence, this number depends on the character.

Enemies come in three types: bronze, silver and gold. The noble metal here determines the difficulty of killing an adversary. Especially strong creatures before the start of a battle can have any effect on you, for example, they can poison you, and then you will be forced to put a poisoning chip on one of your actions. Each monster card has one or two indicators: attack and defense. The attack shows how many cubes with the sword pictogram you must roll to kill the enemy, and the defense indicator shows how many cubes with the shield pictogram you must roll so as not to get damaged. Each battle has four outcome options. You roll exactly as many or more dice as you need. Then you win and get the reward indicated on the map. If you do not have enough cubes to fill both scales, then you do not kill the enemy and perform all the actions described on the map, you are injured and sometimes money is taken. If you throw out the whole attack, then you kill the enemy, but get damaged, and, accordingly, vice versa: if you throw out only defense, you do not kill and do not get damage. If you have not defeated the enemy, then most likely in the next turn you will fight him again. If you do not defeat again, you will be given the opportunity to escape, but if you put the damage token in the “move” or “fast move” section, then you will not be able to run, and you will only have to heal the damage, and if you still cannot be healed . In any case, if you remain in this cage with the enemy alive, then at the end of the turn you will again have to fight. Another player can pull you out of this cycle of events if he comes and kills a monster for you, or stays with you ... Somehow, I got into a city in which the monster of Norse mythology Needhegg ruled, you can predict the outcome.

Each character has skills that are very seriously help out of trouble. The bottom line is that in addition to the usual cubes, cubes special for each character are thrown, which can be exchanged for skills with the help of skills. For example, Triss's cube spells with the help of a meteor spell can be exchanged for 4 attack dice, which most likely would mean killing an enemy. Another point, not the fact that a special cube will fall out the side you need.

Sometimes areas display failure indicators. This means that when you travel to this area, a random event will occur with you. You will be lucky if you get a “Fuh” card, which will please you with the inscription “nothing happened”. But sometimes you have to fight monsters, or overcome obstacles, and sometimes after one card you have to draw another one. Random events sometimes lead to sad consequences and can turn the tide of the game, and sometimes, upon successful completion of the tests entrusted to your shoulders, you will be given a great reward. Sometimes it’s worth the risk.
There is no PvP in the game. At least now. I hope they will not add, because the scene in which Geralt chops off the head of Buttercup is not very canon. This is not entirely cooperative. However, the interaction between the players is still there. I have already given an example of how another player can come to your aid. You can also insert each other "stick in the wheel." Sometimes, playing a research card or a random event, you will be offered to place monsters and indicators of failure on the world map.

I admit the possibility that I did not catch all the subtleties of the game rules, or did not tell you about anything. Many moments will fall into place when a complete book of rules is available, which, for example, will explain how the war track works, accidentally placing monsters and failure indicators across the field. I’m also more than sure that the beta is far from all the content, but now you can notice something interesting, for example, the art of the monsters that we will meet in the third Witcher. The barges became hairy and very cool.

But the game has drawbacks, most of them are explained in one word: beta. Not all images are still present. While another player is playing, tags in square brackets flaunt on the screen, hinting that there will be images. The cubes fly, very strange, most often they are thrown somewhere off the screen and, hitting the invisible walls, return to the field of view. Fatal annoying bugs also happen, because of which further passage is impossible. Personally, this has not happened to me, but for my opponents - yes. One did not give up the quest, and the other two games in a row after the fight, it was impossible to take any action. And another guy somehow managed to get to us in a private chat.

Personally, I enjoyed this game, but I would not recommend it to everyone. I advise only those who love board games, or those who want to join the tables, but for one reason or another can not start playing. Will it become popular on PCs and smartphones? I don’t think so. Definitely, a certain circle of people will play in it, but she will not see the success of the same Heartstone. She is able to reveal her full potential only on the table, surrounded by your friends, conversations, food and ringing of cubes hitting the table.

Post has been editedDyuss - 28.11.14, 01:49

Rep: (9)
Pour on Yandex, who is not difficult.

Rep: (1422)
Version 1.0 on YandexDisk
https://yadi.sk/d/7kCBuIhocyxuj

Post has been editedHoRRicH - 29.11.14, 18:48

Rep: (0)
Interesting, and Russification will be?

Rep: (513)
The only negative is that you cannot continue the game, and when you turn off the game, it automatically restarts. Need to find free time.
And so everything is fine; done qualitatively, beautifully, and the music - just super (a couple of tracks from the second witch + something new). For all this, asking for some 200 rubles.

Rep: (15)
Not some 200 rubles, but 4 dollars. It's time to call a spade a spade: D
By sabzh: need to download and evaluate. It looks tempting.

* Dragy,
I fold and calmly continue to play. From the game does not go.

* DarthRevan,
Downloaded. Appreciated. : rolleyes: the game is excellent.

Those rules that I added, in principle, enough. If you have questions - write, explain the details.
You can play over the network or on one iPad.

* Dyuss,
The game does not reboot when minimized, magic ...

I noticed a strange thing: at some point the game began to slow down a lot, but a minute later, after the main quest passed and started a new game, the brakes disappeared, the mystic ...
By the way, the device is decently heated.

Today in hotseat I beat my wife on the last turn. Interesting. And the mass of options.
Prada nobody wants to play for buttercup: rolleyes:

Dyuss @ 11/29/2014, 03:48*
Today in hotseat I beat my wife on the last turn.

Must be fun to play hotsit :)
Dyuss @ 11/29/2014, 03:48*
Prada nobody wants to play for buttercup: rolleyes:

I wonder why? For him, side quests are easily passed, on the first move: D

And no one tried to pull the soundtrack out of the game? I rummaged through the files, so I did not find anything.

* Dragy,
in the same unit, you need to search

Easier, probably, with BB to pull out.

I understood why the game slows down after a while: when one musical theme ends, there is a braking pause (it lasts differently: from a couple of seconds to a minute). Then another topic begins, and the brakes disappear immediately. The first half hour everything is fine, but then there is such a thing.

Advice on passing for Geralt: Quen and Igni - the most useful signs. They are very helpful in the battle against enemies.

Posted on 11/29/2014 4:57 PM:

* Dyuss,
I didn't find it there either, maybe I was looking bad ...

Dyuss @ 11/29/2014, 4:32 PM*
Easier, probably, with BB to pull out.

Unfortunately not, there is also a unit ... ffuuf found Mouzon now lay out, but the names there are standard for the engine

Post has been editedHoRRicH - 29.11.14, 20:17

Soundtracks (unofficially mined) from The Witcher AG
- 20 tracks lasting from 1 minute to 5:50, total time 44:04 minutes
- envelope in mp3 with a carpet and and an album, for convenience on the device
Attached fileOST_The_Witcher_AG (mp3) .zip(76.24 MB)

screenshots as it looks in the player
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedHoRRicH - 30.11.14, 09:40
Reason for editing: 20 tracks

Rep: (0)
Can you translate the game? I do not know, gut files and translate)

* Actor2010,
gutting is not a problem, but I don’t know how to make fonts in this format, and where exactly the translation files are. By the way, in ipa we stuck the android files with rusik as I understood, by the presence of localizers there. So it’s easier to wait officially
localization screens
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedHoRRicH - 29.11.14, 21:58

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/20/19, 1:24 PM