9 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Section Requests and Suggestions | Improving the section together!
Neadi
Message#1
06.12.07, 00:48
Iluveruin
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 721
Check in: 18.03.06
HP iPAQ hx2190

We will improve the section together!

- Express your suggestions on the section "Decorations";
- Do not flood.

Post has been editeddboris - 28.08.08, 19:25
artver
Message#42
24.04.09, 01:10
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 454
Check in: 03.10.08
Alcatel IDOL 4S Windows 10

Proposal for the improvement of topics:
Skins for FSMenu - Discussion
Skins for FSMenu - Collection

At the moment, the skins fall out in the topic "Skins for FSMenu - Collection", and their discussion takes place in the topic "Skins for FSMenu - Discussion", which is somewhat illogical and not very convenient, and therefore fraught with violations by new participants who are not immediately able figure out where and what to post. And before you download, you want to read the skin you like, what they say about it, and for this you will have to look for a discussion of this particular skin in another topic. And vice versa...

The offer is as follows:
The theme of the collection is to leave the theme of the collection, but to allow the discussion of finished skins, and the topic "discussion" somewhat changes the meaning.
Simply put, it is more logical to do the following division by topic:
1. Collection of skins + discussion of them (exactly ready-made skins) - like: cool skin, nicely implemented, etc. (i.e. impressions of the skin - it will not take much space, skins will not be drowned in posts, but a certain advertisement will be skinned)
2. Questions about creating skins. Not a discussion of finished skins, as it is now, but questions about creation. Those. - how to do it, how to achieve this effect, and whether it is possible to do so, and why it doesn’t work for me or this and that looks wrong and how to make skins in general.

P.S.
Wrote about this routerOlegOK(Assist in the creation of data topics), but then the moderator sent here, so there was some duplication - excuse me.

Post has been editedartver - 24.04.09, 01:11

--------------------
True, everyone has their own - the truth is one for all.
semga3
Message#43
24.04.09, 08:52
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 2237
Check in: 25.07.07
Huawei MediaPad

skins will not drown in posts

As a recent moderator of decorators, I can say that they will definitely drown. Usually first createdoneThe theme in which both post skins and discuss them. After that, many people start shouting that among this discussion you will not find skins. Then a theme is created.with collectionskins, in which everyone can choose for themselves taste. If the collection is allowed to discuss, you get another bedlam. And it’s generally unrealistic to share posts according to topics. This is a discussion or creation questions. Someone will write, for example, "Wow, cool skin. And how did you draw this ..." And where does this post relate to? The existing system of separation into collections and discussion (discussion and questions on creation) is effective and has been working for a long time.
artver
Message#44
24.04.09, 12:30
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 454

Semga3 @ 24.4.09, 9:52*
Someone will write, for example, "Wow, cool skin. And how did you draw this ..." And where does this post relate to?

Hmm ... And for mine in this example, everything is simple and clear - "Wow, cool skin" is just a supplement entry, the main question is - "How did you draw this ...". If a person began to spread out on the theme of a cool skin and the genius of its author, then another question, but, as practice shows, no one sings praises. The discussion is limited to just such short phrases as "I liked Skin very much, I put the author +1 as the main one" and that's it! Just look at the topic diagonally to make sure.
And then, I readily believe that the existing practice is convenient, competent and justifies itself. But, for mine for individual topics, sometimes (as an exception), you can go to a meeting. At least so that people would recognize the inconsistency of their ideas and never return to this issue. And for moderators, such a precedent is an additional argument in favor of the existing system.
Well, if the proposed by me really turns out to be convenient for the specific topics in question - great, let the participants rejoice at how everything is clear and convenient.

P.S.
I am only arguing and, naturally, I am not going to dispute and challenge the decision of the moderators or the administration.

Post has been editedartver - 24.04.09, 12:33

--------------------
Senator
Message#45
24.04.09, 13:11
From nowhere
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 4482
Check in: 30.11.05
Apple iPhone 6s

view theme diagonally

Practice shows the opposite. Unfortunately. And in the subject it is probably not visible since all the topics are regularly cleaned (well, or should).
Again, no one bothers to first put your skin in the discussion, and after the "finishing" to place in the finished.

Post has been editedSenator - 24.04.09, 13:12

--------------------
Sed semel insanivimus omnes.
Forum Member of the Year 2009
Award Winnersavagemessiahzine.comin the categories "Steering 2009", "Rescuer 2009", "Prize of sympathy 2009"
Prize winnersavagemessiahzine.comin the “Creator 2009” nomination
artver
Message#46
24.04.09, 13:17
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 454

Also not a bad option if they do not punish for this;)
It is clearly written there - ONLY DISCUSSION! For non-compliance with the rules of the RO!

Posted on 04/24/2009, 13:17:

What worries me most is:
Before downloading, you want to read the skin you want to read, what is being said about it, and for this you will have to look for a discussion of this particular skin in another topic. And vice versa...

Post has been editedartver - 24.04.09, 13:15

--------------------
Senator
Message#47
24.04.09, 13:22
From nowhere
[offline]

Messages 4482
Apple iPhone 6s

artver,
And what about the skin? In the overwhelming majority of cases, you yourself see, like or not.

--------------------
Award Winnersavagemessiahzine.comin the categories "Steering 2009", "Rescuer 2009", "Prize of sympathy 2009"
artver
Message#48
24.04.09, 13:31
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 454

Eh ... Well, I understood the firm position of the moderators on this issue. I think the further argumentation will be more like a stupid altercation ...
Then such a question - if a preliminary test layout of the skins is allowed in the topic of discussion (to be tested, to indicate that it does not work correctly, etc.), then what to do with these posts after the already fully debugged skin is uploaded to the collection? Delete? But then the posts of discussion will be somewhat incomprehensible (what did the people actually talk about?). Leave? But then there will be duplication. It remains to brush the entire discussion ...
Prompt, gentlemen moderators, share your experience ...

Post has been editedartver - 24.04.09, 13:38

--------------------
Senator
Message#49
24.04.09, 13:56
From nowhere
[offline]

Messages 4482
Apple iPhone 6s

artver,
Yes, that's it.
With a little comment, threads are cleaned, and all messages that do not carry the payload are deleted.

--------------------
artver
Message#50
24.04.09, 14:24
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 454

Hmm ... But then the topic of discussion will be so small (due to its regular systematic cleansing from that very discussion) that the very need for this topic can be questioned.

Is it not easier then to clean out all the same thing not from the topic of discussion, but directly from the topic of the collection? For moderators, the amount of work is absolutely the same.

In addition, we can also delete any posts related to the discussion that have lost their relevance themselves - also help moderators.
So it turns out that the discussion in the collection, and the third topic, now reserved for discussion, will be filled with really useful information on how to create your skins. You can even put the FAQ in the header with a detailed analysis of the skin.ini file

Post has been editedartver - 24.04.09, 14:37

--------------------
Senator
Message#51
24.04.09, 14:49
From nowhere
[offline]

Messages 4482
Apple iPhone 6s

artver,
Of course, thanks for the advice, but believe me, all this was done not from scratch, and now a less-than-good method has been developed that suits the majority.
p.s. I still know a little better in particular this forum;)

--------------------
artver
Message#52
24.04.09, 15:00
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 454

But who argues something?

Ok, the position is clear, the answers are received ...
On that, perhaps we will finish - we will try to get used to the existing system.
Although it is a pity - it could work, something more convenient.
Inertia is not always good;). Well, maybe someday a new system will be developed - even more advanced and convenient. Who knows, maybe my thoughts on this will be useful. : blush:

P.S.
Only a convincing request, for the first time, do not punish strictly for violations. To begin with, correct, if we do not write in the wrong way or not, we will quickly figure it out and get used to it and will be able to explain to new participants.

--------------------
artver
Message#53
24.04.09, 15:21
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 454

Mane4ka,
Thanks for the support ;)
By the way, I want to make changes not only me, but also other regulars of the topic.

P.S.
Always glad to see you in topics dedicated to FSMenu

P.P.S.
Gentlemen moderators - I apologize if this is offtopic

--------------------
Senator
Message#54
24.04.09, 15:47
From nowhere
[offline]

Messages 4482
Apple iPhone 6s

artver,
Mane4ka,
You come in terms of convenience here and now. Yes, it is more convenient to discuss and share in one topic.
BUT! Firstly, all the skins will not fit into the cap (and not for the cap). Secondly, who will collect under the spoiler of the topic (not now but for example in a couple of months)?
Well, in the third, think about future users - they will not be interested at all to read questions about the creation of skins and they just want to choose for themselves from the ready.
So they are not convinced yet;)
p.s. Supervision is a separate topic.

--------------------
artver
Message#55
24.04.09, 15:53
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 454

Senator @ 24.4.09, 16:47*
in the cap all the skins do not fit

It is absolutely not necessary to push all the skins in the header, it is enough to make links to the groups - full-screen, not full-screen with the subdivision for vga, for qvga.

Subsequently, you can make the distribution by author - those who have made more specific number of different skins.

And so it turns out that the skins are actually not discussed (only short phrases that do not carry a special semantic load). Few people want to make their own skins - it's easier to choose from ready-made ones.
Then the logical question, and then why?

Post has been editedartver - 24.04.09, 15:59

--------------------
Senator
Message#56
24.04.09, 16:18
From nowhere
[offline]

Messages 4482
Apple iPhone 6s

Mane4ka,
Everything is correct and everything would be fine, but we do not have a stock of curators who are ready to monitor the relevance of the cap.

--------------------
artver
Message#57
24.04.09, 16:23
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 454

This is a completely different question and requires separate discussion.
There is a way out of any situation. Not always the easiest and most familiar, but not the fact that it is not the best.

I understand that this topic was created to discuss improvements in it, including such a system.
Everything is done for a reason - there is a need for changes, suggestions, discussions, etc.

Post has been editedartver - 24.04.09, 16:26

--------------------
menych
Message#58
25.04.09, 04:18
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 596
Check in: 05.05.05
HTC Touch Diamond

Dear moderators,
Probably, it is still worth making a distinction between skins for programs used by hundreds and thousands of people from a program that exists in version 0.06 and which not many users use and for which less than ten skins have been made.
Three topics for this program - this is (yet) bust. When she grows up and at least 50 skins will be made for her, your approach will definitely be correct. But in order for this to happen, perhaps it would be more correct to give the opportunity to the creator of the program and the creators of skins the opportunity - without the risk of being banned - to spread and discuss skins in one topic.
For the time being, all these topics are nevertheless mostly a small party. Let us develop a little bit - after that we will be happy to return to the traditional ones.savagemessiahzine.comframework...

Post has been editedmenych - 25.04.09, 14:46
dboris
Message#59
25.04.09, 21:44
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3359
Check in: 18.01.07
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

Respectedmenych,

Judging by your suggestions, and the suggestions of your colleagues, the topic is quite popular, so it will quickly grow, and useful posts will drown in repetitive questions and offtopic. Leave everything as it is, divided after all already.
artver
Message#60
25.04.09, 22:28
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 454

I completely ceased to understand something ... C)
At first it was said that the skins would drown in the discussion. Then, when I spoke about how to read reviews and discussions of one or another skin in one topic, and then look for this skin in another (and vice versa) is not convenient, I was told that the comments to the skins are usually short, are in two three phrases, what they say to read - you can immediately go to the collection. Then it was said that not many people will want to make their skins - it is easier to download ready.
Then it was said that the proposal is correct and good, but it is not possible to steer all this. Now we are back to the fact that skins are still drowned in the comments.

Hmm ... Not only do some opinions contradict others, we also walk in a circle ...

And the argument, in fact, is not worth a damn. : yes2:

As practice shows (I walked through different topics and discussions) comments on skins, etc. everywhere are very short and do not require an answer. Questions about how to do are another matter - they are much more voluminous, as are the answers to them. And order in the latter is more important and more difficult to maintain.
Imagine that among the topical issues of creating skins suddenly interspersed - "well done, great skin, +1" is completely unclear about what exactly, what kind of skin. And why, if it is possible to post this short message without carrying anything directly in the collection. It will not interfere there and it will be clear what it is, and, if necessary, it is easier to track and clean it. The collection of such posts will be littered with significantly less than the topic of creation questions. Moderators do not add work - all the same, the same amount, and more convenient for users.
So I do not see the problem ...

P.S.
In any case, I never saw any obstacles for a small adjustment of the topics (I did not initially suggest and do not propose to unite them - only slightly change the essence - everything is clearly described in my first postRequests and proposals for the section (Post # 2679686). On which side do not look, and the proposed is more convenient, both for users and moderators.

P.P.S.
Since I am registered as a user, I naturally honor the rules of the forum, as well as respect, which are designed to follow the observance of these rules. But I cannot accept the controversial and, in fact, unjustified position of the moderators on the topics in question.
Sorry - not convincing.

Post has been editedartver - 25.04.09, 22:47

--------------------
dboris
Message#61
25.04.09, 22:56
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3359
Check in: 18.01.07
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

artver,
Do you think that many will understand the system proposed by you if we introduce it in these topics? There is no need to add new restrictions for users in two topics (discuss only finished skins in the collections and not discuss the creation of skins), it is enough to simply divide the collection and discussion. In the discussions, you can leave links to ready-made skins, discuss them as much as you like, and at the same time solve questions on their creation. That's more logical, in my opinion, and tested in practice. You offered your vision, moderators your vision and decision. Since all parties have spoken, further repetition of the same does not make sense.

Post has been editeddboris - 25.04.09, 22:59

9 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/26/19, 20:01