706 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> 3D VR Virtual Reality Devices - General Topic | [VR] glasses, helmets, headsets; tips, settings, opinions
AUDIMEN
Message#1
07.09.15, 00:22
I hate zeltaaaaa! ..
[online]

Group: Moderators
Messages 7260
Check in: 30.09.11
Samsung Galaxy Note9 Exynos

DiscussionVirtual reality and VR content devices
Discussion | My VR kit | Purchase | Virtual reality glasses do it yourself | Selection and Comparison
Selected topics | Oculus go | Windows Mixed Reality | Oculus rift cv1 | HTC Vive | Pimax 8K | Pimax 4K | Daydream | Deepoon E3 (DPVR E3) | Homido V2, V1, Grab, mini | Xiaomi MiVR Glass | Xiaomi MiVR Play | Samsung GEAR VR | Sony Playstation VR IVR games

Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image

Attached Image

���� FAQ download

Off-topic communication
Everyone who wants to chat in VR is announced the time of collection:
every sunday at 1300MSC inVTimeeither inAltspace.
In AltspaceVR go toAleksandr's house party(link for mobile altspace).
For communication is not required a helmet or glasses. In both programs, this is possible simply from a computer or phone in 2D mode.
Video from weekly meetings in Altspace

Chat in Telegram
Platform for discussion of VR technologies and projects

PC helmet or helmet and smartphone for PC games?
Cardboard VS VR helmet: visual difference
  • Helmet
    • pros
      • minimum delay
      • better tracking (due to higher performance gyros with a higher polling rate)
      • minimum dance when setting up
    • Minuses:
      • impossible to use without a PC
      • almost impossible to upgrade

• Glasses + Smartphone
    • pros:
      • cheaper if the smartphone is already possible to use without a PC (for example, to watch movies in transport).
      • easy to upgrade (replace lenses or full helmet, replace smartphone)

• Minuses:
      • dancing with the setting.
      • big, in comparison with helmets, a delay.
      • worst accuracy of tracking head movements (because high-precision sensors are not put into smartphones because of uselessness)
All this does not apply to GearVR!
GearVR has everything that a PC helmet has, but without positional tracking. PC games can be played through GearVR RiftCat optimized, and without wires.

Choosing a helmet / phone + glasses
Reviews
Improvements
QR codes
Mobile VR
AR - Augmented Reality
Streaming

VR third-party resources
Documentation
Survey Screenshots
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedmihadom - 16.03.19, 20:30
Reason for editing: FAQ
XProger-san
Message#42
26.12.15, 23:39
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 29
Check in: 04.05.12

So, Baofeng Mojing 4, since I live in Shanghai, I took it to taobao for 159 yuan (1,700 rubles or $ 25 at the current rate)
As a gift from the seller received an OTG cable, a stand for the phone and a useless sticker on the helmet. Useless, because there is nowhere to put it, on the front there are large cuts for AR.
Attached Image

The look and feel collected very well from pleasant materials. The casing is adjacent to the face of rubber, in places it is not very tight, but it has notches for the rims of the glasses. In the glasses themselves it is comfortable to use a helmet, there is no additional pressure on the nose or ears. The rim inside is soft, after 30 minutes of wearing there was discomfort, but it could be tightened strongly, I will understand. For the most part, the weight falls on the frontal and temporal part. In the normal position, there is no pressure on the nose, when tilting up, there is pressure, down, the helmet slightly moves away from the face.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

It weighs a piece of 270 and 385 grams with and without a mount, respectively.
Attached Image
Attached Image

It is possible to adjust the interpupillary distance, it is impossible to adjust the focus.
The diameter of the tube at the screen is 6 cm, the lenses are about 3.8 cm. The display on 5.5 "completely covers the visible part. The lenses are not removable, at least I didn’t figure out how to remove them. The" tunnel "is noticeable, but it doesn’t interfere.
The cover is mounted on magnets, pressing down the device with rubber inlays. This design was opened a couple of times when the helmet was removed, I wouldn’t trust it ... on the front side the device fits on a soft suede surface, there shouldn’t be any scratches.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

About distortion and image clarity. Here is the gauge grid
Attached Image

When testing with glasses (vision +3.5), the blurring of the edges of the image is much higher than without. Having chosen TrinusVR, I was able to adjust the image with almost perfect frame coverage, I couldn’t manage the compensation, I’ll figure it out.
Tested on two devices:
OnePlus One - 5.5 "FHD is pixelated.
Galaxy S6 Edge + - 5.7 QHD pixels are smaller, but the wife (the main experimental one) did not have enough interpupillary distance, you need to adjust the software.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

The remote from the box is universal and fully works in the system, you can wander through the menus and even play the first Quake (strify, movement, jump, shooting, changing weapons)
The theory put forward here by someone in the subject was right, and the fastener on the back of the head prevents to lie in the helmet :)
About the effect of immersion, it is, and very strong, 96-degree review only contributes to this. On one of the attracions, after 30 seconds I was still seasick (maybe I'm just a weakling). Before that I tried DK2 and GearVR, the sensations are comparable, except that tracking the position of the head (at least soft) would be very useful 8)
I am satisfied with the purchase, only more quality software ... but this is a common problem.
Well and a little, a small video with unpacking and testinghttps://youtu.be/4HnoJO20yfQ

Post has been editedsamuel19782 - 12.04.17, 19:19
Maxlis
Message#43
15.01.16, 13:26
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 10
Check in: 26.12.06

Analysis of Baofeng Mojing IV or how to replace the lenses.

So, curiosity got the better of it and began to take down its Baofeng Mojing IV.
Everything turned out to be simple and with minimal damage to the appearance.
1. Carefully peel off the soft seal from the side of the smartphone. It is well peeled off and has a dense texture, it is possible to break but difficult. Adhesive composition is good and without damage sticked back.

2. Get access to screws. Specially added a photo of the location of the holes, if someone does not want to peel, but just pierce.

3. This is what we see inside.
Attached Image

4. Lens assembly
Attached Image

5. disassemble the lens
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

6. The shape of the lens has a flat pad on the edge, but I do not think that another ordinary lens will fall into place of the regular one. Lens size 40-41 mm (ruler on hand was bad)
Attached Image

And now, dear members of the forum, a huge request to you to give competent advice on how to choose suitable lenses for me (what characteristics should be), what would put them in place of staff?
I have a Samsung Note 3 smartphone, the screen is 5.7 ", the resolution is 1920x1080.

By the way, at the expense of buying lenses. And no one tried to contact our domestic optical plants. They say huge catalogs of products. for examplehttp://lzos.ru/content/view/77/29/
Only I do not understand anything in these designations.

Reason for editing: Hiding screenshots.
vladdimmir
Message#44
19.01.16, 01:32
Local
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 145
Check in: 12.01.12
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 4/64

He shot a video of unpacking his helmet:
Baofeng Mojing 4 Video Review
Link

gorlexx
Message#45
20.01.16, 08:11
Veteran
[online]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 1771
Check in: 20.03.12
Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos

https://yadi.sk/d/rjavJwTnnSVTqAttraction Roller Coaster No limits 2 for PC (for those who want to stream). There is a built-in editor tracks, as well as has the ability to download attractions from the Internet. The resolution changes by dragging the window by the edge (: D did not immediately realize. In the settings only the aspect ratio changes)

Post has been editedsamuel19782 - 12.04.17, 19:20
AUDIMEN
Message#46
25.01.16, 21:25
I hate zeltaaaaa! ..
[online]

Group: Moderators
Messages 7260
Check in: 30.09.11
Samsung Galaxy Note9 Exynos

Colleagues!
In general, I want to unsubscribe about the problem with the lack of a button points in YouTube, some.
As I already wrote, on my body, with the MIUI 4.11.7 firmware, they were and worked fine .. but then they suddenly disappeared.
No gestures with the substitution of YouTube have come to nothing. Re-flashing to a more recent version of MIUI 5.5.23, also did not work.
But here, we are here with HB.gorlexxdecided to experiment with the firmware and
installed a fresh lolliPop, or rather a couple of firmware based on it and about a miracle! The YouTube button is up and running ..

Well, something else that happened here, namely, suddenly the application became available to me for installation.Insurgent vr
Although earlier, the market constantly wrote to me that the body is not suitable for it!
Details about how the miracle happened can be seen from this post:
OPPO Find 7 - Firmware (Post AUDIMEN # 46510262)
and through the post below .. I painted everything there .. So, I hope the info will be useful to someone. Have fun! ..;)

--------------------
* SamSony'a Dark Style for:Forum on PC - Mobile clientsavagemessiahzine.com- Google Chrome - CyanogenMod12 / 13
* Life must be lived in such a way that they would look up there, ofigeli and say - repeat! ..
Nartus
Message#47
28.01.16, 02:48
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 982
Check in: 04.02.13
Motorola Moto Z

Made a textreview on Baofeng Mojing III Plus.

Reason for editing: Editing a link.
Segich13
Message#48
29.01.16, 21:30
Guru
[online]

Messages 2760
Check in: 08.06.11
Xiaomi Mi Note Pro

Aircraft76 @ 01/29/2016, 7:55 PM*
I have not tried. It may be necessary to try to unscrew the 6 screws for the beginning, but it is not convenient for them to under-collapse, and then it is not possible to assemble them since everything is difficult to access.

Nah These 6 screws hold the substrate for the face) I already twisted them)

Posted on 01/29/2016 21:30:

A little irritated by the visibility of the adjustment of the interpupillary distance in the BoboVR Z3 by the eye corner. I had to cut it a little) Now nothing interferes)

A photo
Attached Image

gorlexx
Message#49
02.02.16, 12:11
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1771
Check in: 20.03.12
Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos

Akrolik @ 02.02.2016, 11:36*
QR code for setting up Baofeng 4

Attached ImageI did this QR code for mojing III FOV96 5.5 "2K. If the lenses are the same, then it should fit

gyn75
Message#50
03.02.16, 22:05
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1215
Check in: 24.10.09
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 ZB602KL 4/64

Tridef 7.0 game profiles:Attached fileTriDefGames.zip(7.47 MB)

Mirror!
You can insert in version 6.7. It is possible in 6.3, I am not against: 0, but the last 6.7 with a working crack (a crack from 6.3 comes up to 6.7), do not install the above version, especially 7.0.
He played Fifa16 and the Witcher of the latter, everything is fine.

Reason for editing: uploaded to the forum
Segich13
Message#51
05.02.16, 19:49
Guru
[online]

Messages 2760
Check in: 08.06.11
Xiaomi Mi Note Pro

Short reviewVRD

Hello. Finally found a couple of hours to deal with this device. I hope that this mini-review will help someone to make a choice)
As the developer told me, the consumer version of the glasses will cost around $ 350, which is much lower than the cost of the same Oculus Rift almost twice.

1. General information
Since I already had a helmet (BMIII Plus), I ordered only stuffing and fixings for it. Everything came to Belarus from Krasnoyarsk for a week and a half safe and sound. Dmitry tried and very well packed all the details.
Packing photos
Initially, everything looked a bit wrong. Then I got a few packages out of the box =)
Attached Image

It should be noted that the mount was designed specifically for the BMIII Plus helmet, so it may simply not fit into other glasses. In BoboVR Z3, all the stuffing comes in with difficulty, it is necessary to cut off the upper ear under the screw.
Photo kit and the board itself
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

2. Build
Putting it all together is easy enough. Build better sign for the points.
1.First we need to completely bend the helmet cover in order to gain access to the entire front panel, on which we will screw our VRD board.
Everything is done quite simply. Heat the knife and cut off the protruding plastic, making it difficult to bend the phone holder completely.
Also, you can simply heat the iron pin and push it out, after which the cover can be simply removed. But as I didn’t have the necessary tools, I had to cut out the disturbing part.
2. On the front surface, mark with a pencil or a thin marker the points into which the screws will be twisted. We take a thin awl or needle, heat it and make holes. Before screwing the board, I recommend that you first tighten and unscrew the self-loops, thereby simplifying their further tightening and prevent accidental dislodging of the screwdriver to the board.
Holes
Attached Image

3. Fasten the mount to the front panel.
Assembled helmet
Attached Image

4.In the upper part of the helmet between the two magnetic latches (closer to the right) cut a red-hot knife hole sweat HDMI wire. I do not recommend to use the drill, because clip for the phone is made of plexiglass and can easily crack.
5.Sticking nakleichki and use)
VRD
Attached Image

3. Characteristics of the filling
Display:5.98 'with a resolution of FullHD (1920x1080 pixels). The density of pixels (PPI) is 367.2 (134800px per inch2). Width: 132.8 mm, height: 74.7 mm. The frequency is 60Hz.
Tracker:Proprietary VRD with Oculus Runtime for Windows V0.4.0–0.8.0.0. At the moment, the tracker works only in three axes. There is software support and review emulation via Freetrack, TrackIR, Air Mouse (computer mouse).
Wires:I use 4.5m HDMI-miniHDMI and 2.5m miniUSB.

4. Future of VRD
1.Soon the guys will put new displays with a frequency of 75-85Hz.
2.Finish the firmware for the card, eliminate the shortcomings.
3.Now Dima is trying a new helmet, very similar to the DK2.
4.Waiting for the release of the consumer version of OR, to make it an analogue: D

5. Gag and impressions
At first, I did not immediately understand how to deal with the helmet. Dima told me that absolutely all instructions that were written for DK2 are suitable for VRD. After reading a bit, I connected VRD to a PC, set up a profile in Oculus Utility and ran a demo from the same place. I was impressed! The picture was much richer and more pleasant than in DK2, and I used it a lot). Because of the different matrix types (Super AMOLED PenTile 386 PPI for DK2 versus IPS 367.2 PPI for VRD), the image, in my opinion, is much cleaner than in DK2, even at lower pixel density. The frequency of 60Hz is quite enough, the screen brightness of the eye does not cut, the pixelation is not very annoying.
Played last nightDying light, Alien isolate, MinecraftandBirdyKingLand Backlight. Immersion is great, much cooler than on my Mi Note Pro. There are no delays, the picture is clear and smooth. Stably kept 50-60FPS.
In general, I am very pleased with the helmet and look forward to the next updates from the guys. Be sure to order the next version of the helmet and share information with you.

I tested all games and programs on my PC with features:
GP: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 OC 4GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40Ghz
RAM: DDR3 (1600) 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Black CL10
Nurse: GigaByte GA-H87-D3H Socket 1150, iH87

PS
Ask if you are interested in VRD)

Post has been editedsamuel19782 - 12.04.17, 19:21
Denbo
Message#52
08.02.16, 17:07
halfgeek
[offline]

Messages 819
Check in: 17.03.10
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Exynos

After a couple of weeks of thinking, reading the branches and persistent struggle with the green animal, still stopped at Homido. My Nexus 6 is of course a bit too big, but after setting it up without problems you can use it even without expanding the “window”, although, most likely, after all, I will cut it according to the uv instructions* AUDIMEN'but.

Just in case I'll post my profile -Homido @ Nexus6

Attached Image

And another question, can anyone know how to reduce the image displayed on the screen for viewing? herein this videoComrade generally shoots Nexus 7 on the same Homido and the image is there only in the lower half of the screen, I looked for manuals on this topic - I didn’t really find anything. If you missed - poke your nose please. : blush:

Post has been editedsamuel19782 - 12.04.17, 19:21

--------------------
iPad 2 64Gb 3G + Wi-Fi → Nexus 10 32Gb & Galaxy Nexus & Nexus 7 Wi-Fi → Galaxy Note 3 LTE → OnePlus One 64Gb → Nexus 5 & Nexus 7 (2013) Wi-Fi → Nexus 6 32Gb → Galaxy S7 Edge → HTC U11 + → Galaxy S9 Plus
Aircraft76
Message#53
09.02.16, 23:20
Local
[offline]

Messages 113
Check in: 11.04.07
LG G3

I created myself such a QR code for the Bobovr Z3 + Lenovo K920 Vibe Z2 Pro
Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedsamuel19782 - 12.04.17, 19:23
Brenwen
Message#54
06.03.16, 10:13
Old resident
[online]

Messages 765
Check in: 10.10.05
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Snapdragon 3/32

So, by imperatively doing a OSVR HDK photo review.
Front view, on the left, waist block, on the right, Cardboard for comparison
Attached Image

Side view, belts exposed to the maximum length.
Attached Image

Bottom view, focus adjustment levers are visible.
Attached Image

Bottom close up.
Attached Image

Actually lenses. As they say, feel the difference. On the face, the helmet sits quite comfortably, but the lenses, in the normal and nearsighted position, almost rest on the eyebrows, which is a bit uncomfortable. The lenses for some reason are regulated unequally: the left one moves tightly, the right one - easily and can be displaced from pressing by eyebrow. Apparently, it is necessary somewhere to tighten.
Attached Image

The HDK uses bilinz optics of large diameter, giving minimal distortion.
Attached Image

I tried the setup table to take a picture, but it did not work out normally. The optics are wide-angle, the whole view is not visible from afar, the mask is getting in the way close to the phone. Because of this, the photo of the real review does not reflect. That's more or less close, but still not accurate. You can see a small "bulge" in the center of the image, everything is smooth along the edges. There are no color aberrations, but if you look at white objects on a black background, glare from the reflecting surfaces of the lenses appears. Vertical muddy streaks in the photo - this is an update of the screen. With an eye they are not visible, only a video camera.
Attached Image

View of the operating positioning LEDs. With an eye, they are hardly visible, but the camera sees it. They flicker each with its own frequency, due to which the system identifies them and can track them.
Attached Image

Well, a little about the software used. As I learned from support, there are no utilities for adjusting the distance between the centers (it was, but it was raw and buggy, so it was removed from the distribution), as well as the correction of distortions, you have to wait until they finish it. Declared features, such as synchronous timevarp (to reduce delays) and asynchronous timevarp (to increase the frame rate) also do not work yet. Delays are visible, but oddly enough - does not sway. Direct mode works (the mode when the video card renders content directly to the glasses bypassing the axis, while the delays are minimal), but only one program supports it - the Showdown demo on the Unreal engine.

In general, all programs running on HDK can be divided into the following categories:
1) Content created for OSVR and having its support. Everything is simple: first, the osvr server (the program that controls the sensors) is started, then the program itself. Both gyroscope and position tracking are supported. In total there are 5-6 working demos and Bivrost 360 Video Player (for viewing panoramic videos).
2) Content created for SteamVR or with its support. It's also easy here: you need to copy the driver for OSVR HDK to the SteamVR folder, then start the server first, then steamvr, then the game itself. Gyrotracker is also supported, and the mode of movement (the length of the wires is enough to move away from the computer on the floor by 2-3 meters, but the camera normally tracks only when you are facing it, the back of the head also catches, but it is worse dead zone). Officially supported Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2, Elite Dangerous, Live for Speed ​​and a few more small ones. Others may be tried at your own risk.
3) 3D games that do not support either one or the other, but which can be converted to stereo format using a stereo driver, such as Vireio Perception, VorpX or TriDef3D. Here tracking is not supported (but you can use FreePIE with OSVR plugin that converts gyro signals into mouse commands) and you need to individually adjust the distortion correction in the video driver profile (there are guides on YouTube and ready-made settings on the forums of the programs themselves). In the near future, they promise to release a new version of Vireo, which initially supports OSVR, so that the situation will improve radically. VorpX also promised support for OSVR, but so far nothing has been heard from them.
4) Games with built-in stereo mode, like Crysis 3 or Doom 3 BFG edition. Trekking is also not supported, but you can use FreePIE.

Content created exclusively for the oculus and on its SDK is not officially supported, but you can try to dance with a tambourine using the same FreePIE for tracking. Maybe someone will ever write an emulator, but for now everything is like that. Also in the oculus, they promised to think about opening their SDK for third-party hardware, but apparently later, when all the cream was removed.

That's all for now, if you have questions - ask.

Reason for editing: Spoiler

--------------------
ipaq3715 ->HTC Hero ->Orange San Francisco ->Zopo ZP100 ->Zopo C2 ->ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini ->Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
Pavel419
Message#55
08.03.16, 20:12
Guru
[offline]

Messages 5252
Check in: 17.11.12
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3/32

Gorlexx @ 03/08/2016, 05:25*
The instruction is useful. If you do not mind, SW. Pavel419

Do not complicate)

So, at the request of the workers, I decided to write a small manual for streaming movies from PC to phonevia media server. Everything further is dedicated to those who want to watch the rear movies and videos with their VR-helmets)

Why exactly?
There are several ways to watch 3D movies on the phone, which are known to me, but they have their drawbacks.
  • Upload the file to the phone. The main disadvantage is the file size. The average 1080p file weighs 5-10 gigs, and that is if there is not a super-quality and not a super-stream. Throwing it on the phone is not very convenient, even if you have a card there. If there is no card, then it may not fit in you. By the way, it was the file size that pushed me away from watching movies in a helmet for a long time.
  • Upload the file to the USB flash drive and steal it to the phone. Where are the cons? Firstly, the time of copying to a flash drive, and secondly, not all phones support OTG. Yes, and the flash drive should be at least 16 gigs, it is still necessary to find it)
  • The most popular is probablyStream a picture from a PC monitor via trine or something like that.. Any splash remuts and so on. Cons: busy computer screen, and there is another question about the quality - if I have a resolution on the screen of 1024 * 768, I suspect that the same trine rip 1080p will transmit in this resolution, and it will be muddy. Yes, more brakes in transmission. Someone is, someone is not. I had them, and on the splash remote, and on the trine. And, as we will see later, the point was not in the grid.

Therefore, I chosestream through media server.
Pros:
  • Free PC screen - this is relevant if for example, during a PC stream, someone needs someone other than you.
  • No need to bother with throwing files back and forth.
  • When properly configured, the picture corresponds to the source code, nothing is pinched and is not recoded. Everything is clear and cool)
  • It doesn't matter what monitor you have or what resolution is on it.

Minuses:
  • With my method, you need to transcode the sound in the files, but it is not difficult.
  • Sometimes there are brakes, and they are not caused by the network, but by the work of the AAA VR Cinema player. Why I chose it - then I will write.

But in general, everything is very watchable. A couple of blunts on the film happens. But for me it is not critical.

So let's start withgland- so you can compare your configuration.

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
Features: 1080p screen, inside this:
Attached Image

Here -more

Wi-Fi Router: TP-Link TL-WR841N
Optionshere.
The most important is here:
Attached Image

The PC is quite ordinary, and its power in general is not important here, the main thing is that the media server has time to give the file:
Attached Image

In theory, everything rests on the wifi on the phone and on the router, I have available on both devicesfast 802.11n, 2.4 GHz frequency,and it is enough for transmissionstream 10-15 Mb / s.
It seems to be 30 and it transmits without brakes, if you open it with a native player on the phone. But in AAA BP starts a tupnyak, apparently, when transcoding. That is, it's not the network, it's in the player itself.

Next - software

We will need to installmedia server on pc. I recommend PS3 Media Server. Swayfrom hereby pre-selecting your platform.
Why precisely he?
I tried the Home Media Server, but he, no matter how hard I tried, starts to transcode the file. As a result, in addition to boiling the percent on the PC, the picture itself turns into a terrible soap (although this is a 3D soap, it is still not enough pleasant). If you can somehow overcome this, you can use it, or your favorite media server, if it doesn’t press anything.

Network speed is more than enough, butto have a clear picture, the file should be 1080p, and not pinch! But also look at the stream, usually it is written in the file description. If it is higher than 15 Mb / s, it may well begin to stupid, if you have a similar configuration. If you are more powerful - you can try the heavier rips.

Yes,PS3 media setupvery simple. The most important thing is to prescribe it.NOTrecoded the formats we needed, like this:
Attached Image

It seems that I didn’t even set anything up there, except for changing the language. Do not forget to press the "Save" button after making changes.

Further.

We put on the phone somemedia server client. I useBubbleUPnP for DLNA / Chromecast.
It is possible any other, the same HMS is a client, but it seems that this thing works faster, so I stopped at it. They don't even have to set anything up. If the phone and server are on the same network, they should see each other themselves.

We put the player itself on the phone:AAA VR Cinema Cardboard 3D SBS

Why precisely he?
It picks up a stream over the network when you try to open a video through Bubble. Not all VR players can do this. But that's not all.
It can convert 3D formats from one to another on the fly. And this means that we don’t have to bother with video transcoding, which takes almost as much time as the movie goes. He works with the most popular formats of sterepar: sbs, over / under (and most 3d movies are in them, usually), and even knows how to show and play panoramic 180-degree and 360-degree videos! And the miracle is free)
And in it you can customize the effect of the screen before your eyes. Almost like in a cinema, only without chairs and other tinsel. But the screen itself turns out to be kind of curved towards you, which is very convenient. I put an increase of 140, so that the screen does not seem to fit completely into the review and it would be necessary to twist my head a little. I do not know why, but I like it better than when the picture is simply stretched across the screen. Try, maybe you will like it too)
Yes, it is also very convenient to control the viewing in it, even without a remote control! Turning the head to the right - rewind and start-pause. Left - you can adjust the sound. Down - exit the application. And up - on the fly, change the shape of the stereo pair. There is a long look. The main thing - do not cut down this control, and even better, put everything as I have - then adjust it)

Player settings are as follows:
Attached Image

And he is good to everyone, he only understands, in my opinion, only μV-shki anddoes not understand the AC3 audio codec. And this is MKV + AC3 - the most popular format for 3D movies on torrents.
Therefore, we also need a converter. I boughtMovavi converter

I have already been told here that I am a fool, and there are free analogues, if you find them - then ok. In general, for 500 rubles, he does what he has to - quickly changes the video format or overtakes the sound in the format we need. And the format we need is like this.
Video settings - that is, do not touch the source at all:
Attached Image

Audio settings:
Attached Image

I do not know why, but mrz - slows down when working with an AAA player. I killed three days to understand that the brakes do not occur because of the video, or the network, or something else, but because of the audio stream! thereforesound necessarily convert to AAS.

By the way, it is not necessary to buy this thing - there the demo surpasses the floor of the film for free. This is enough for you to check whether there will be brakes or not. In the end I will write, than test, and where tupil, so you can compare)
Now we have everything you need.

Start viewing?

Downloading torrent 3D movie or video inMkv(they are practically all there), we look that the size is 5-10 gigs, especiallylook at the flow. I normally have 6-10 MB / s. I get a very good clear picture. You can try to pump more if the iron is more powerful than mine. If it is not more powerful - even on such files there may be brakes.

Yes, in theory, don't care what kind of stereo pair there is, for AAA will turn it into SBS later. And most of it is just a vertical.

Convert sound to AAC using a converter. In my case, the file for 10 gigabytes is recoded somewhere around four minutes, it is even faster than throwing this file onto a flash drive! And I specifically looked for the fastest way to transcode video, because driving the film there and there, time comparable to the actual viewing itself, in my opinion, is somehow not correct.

We start the media server on the PC.

Next, on the phonestart the media server clientIn my case, this is Buble, choose our AAA BP player, launch the movie for them. In it, we already choose the type of the stereo pair, and set the increase. I put 140 for non-panoramic videos, pick them up. In theory, everything should earn!

What checked.

Journey to the center of the earth
With a bad sound blunt was already on the screen saver. In this case, with the AAS track, a dullness happens, but not much, usually in moments where there is a lot of action or splashing, apparently, AAA does not have time to transcode it as it should. And in the same place - over / under

Predator(yes, the one with Schwarz, he was converted into a building)
Three de there of course, not really, but the film is good. There were also blunts when they smashed the camp of partisans.

Sanctum- a pair of blunts at the very beginning, then the flight is normal, despite the fact that there is a lot of water in the shots

And further. Thus you can watch not only 3D, but also 2D films, for example, series.
The same "the walking Dead"- download file, where 1080p. I don't seem to have any brakes with him. But there and then less, something around 6 Mb / s.

That's all.

If you have any questions - in the subject or in a personal. It is also probably worth adding it to the cap, because many are watching a movie in helmets, or else they plan to watch it. It will be useful, I think)

-------------------
Bonus about the bubble, though, I always seemed to suggest what to watch than to watch the video:
AndyAndreich @ 04/03/2016, 19:06*
Add to the instruction that in the settings of the dough it is necessary to remove the daw with "Launch default player" in the "Local renderer". And then he starts his player by default, but does not offer to choose.

Post has been editedPavel419 - 03.04.16, 19:12

--------------------
Boxglass ->Baofeng Mojing III + ->OYO Y4 ->Baofeng Mojing S1 ->Homido V2 ->Pimax 4K ->Oculus DK2 + Razer Hydra ->Oculus rift CV1 + Touch
fuel
Message#56
24.03.16, 20:07
VRMAN66
[offline]

Messages 2234
Check in: 07.12.07
Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE SM-G935F

Hooray, finally the laser expanded the window in Homido for the LG G3. Now I’m waiting for the stench of burnt plastic to disappear :) I’ll attach a window drawing in Corel Draw format for anyone to use.

Attached Image

Attached fileHomido_window.zip(1.33 MB)

Expanding the window is meaningful only if the lenses are moved close to the eyes, and this will be only in 2 cases:
1. use medium cones for normal vision and remove the foam attachment (I have it now)
2. long cones are used for farsighted
In other cases, it makes no sense to expand the window, because field of coverage not more than 5 inches.

--------------------
PC VR: Deepoon E2, Oculus DK2, Pimax 4k, Oculus CV1 + Touch, HTC Vive, Deepoon E3, Lenovo WMR, Dell WMR, Sams OD, Sams OD +, Pimax 5k +
Console VR: PSVR + PS4 Pro + Aim Controll
Standalone VR: Oculus Go
embermu
Message#57
03.04.16, 13:42
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 638
Check in: 23.01.13
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 4/64

Podshamanil QR for VR BOX 2.0

Phone 5.5 "with FullHD. Lenses as close as possible to the eyes and spread apart.

Now the effect of immersion in games, 3D, 180/360 and regular video is more noticeable. On youtube, in CardBoard mode, it also became more pleasant to watch.
I sat at 9 in the morning almost without removing my glasses - my eyes do not hurt.

Attached Image

Check tell. ;)
Maybe for me personally, such a positive effect was created by changes.

michel333alfa
Message#58
14.04.16, 21:04
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 631
Check in: 18.04.15
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930

The picture without inscription at the top for interpupillary distance of 6 centimeters.
Picture with an inscription for 5 centimeters
Add-on for VR Shinecon

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
michel333alfa
Message#59
16.04.16, 15:00
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 631
Check in: 18.04.15
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930

HOW TO GENERATE QR CARDBOARD SDK CODE FOR YOUR POINTS WITH ADJUSTMENT FOR YOUR EYES

First we need to find out as much information as possible about the helmet. Not about the body materials, namely the lenses and distances.
Attached Image

At number 1 we have the name of the company that created the helmet / qr.

At number 2 we have the name of the helmet under which the helmet was created.

At number 3 we have what type of action "input". None when there is nothing, not even a magnet. Magnet is a magnet. Touch for those who can touch the screen without devices. Indirect Touch for those who have touch only one point, as in Cardboard 2.0.

At number 4 the distance from the lenses to the screen in millimeters.

At number 5 inter-pupillary distance. We take the ruler with the side with dashes and substitute zero to the left eye, and with the right eye we look to the center and we get the dial in millimeters: lol :.

At number 6, shift the screen up / down from the lenses. Center - when the screen in the center. Bottom - when the screen is at the bottom. Top - when the screen is at the top.

The number 7 is the lens bulge ratio.

Attached Image

At number 8 viewing angles. Inner-outer set the values ​​that suit you. It is best to do so that the edges of the image do not touch the sides of the screen, and the same in the center so as not to see the edges.

For those who do not understand, you can put the smartphone in the helmet and calibrate it via the keyboard. For this there is at the very beginning of the page such instruction
Attached Image

FOR THE USE OF QR CODE A MANDATORY APPENDIX CARDBOARD!

Similar instruction is byreference

Post has been editedmichel333alfa - 31.07.17, 09:10
Reason for editing: Spoiler

--------------------
Nerronis
Message#60
19.04.16, 15:28
Local
[offline]

Messages 155
Check in: 24.08.12
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime

Baofeng Mojing 4 came to me: happy:
First impressions are very positive. Both the appearance and the viewing angle (compared to my home-made product), as well as the overall feeling of immersion at the level! On the first day I tested a lot in various applications, I had about 4-5 hours with pauses in the helmet, as a result of which the vestibular didn’t stand, of course, and it was natural for the beginning to feel sick and my head ached, so the first day’s experience ended if not for this it would be good at all.
Then it was somewhat easier with the vestibular, smaller and more accurate sitting in the helmet began, and everything became ok. For some time of use, I noticed some main advantages and disadvantages:

+ Viewing angle corresponds to the stated, the immersion is very good, reminiscent of the sensations of Oculus DK2
+ Helmet design (fits anywhere)
+ Convenience of inserting a smartphone, otcentrovka line and conclusions for headphones, cameras, charging (by the way, who complained about the magnets? I don’t understand you, the magnets are powerful, nothing falls out and not even a hint of it, the lid opens with effort, but my RN3 pro even feels like a native bumper with silicone bumper)
+ Full order with the output of heat for the smartphone (I consider it an important aspect, because in some BP applications with long-term use, the smartphone is like a hot potato)
+ Small, but still a plus - a joystick in the kit, which works completely in the system, and in some applications at least half (this is better than absolutely useless, which usually put)
+ Convenient mounting on the head (firstly, the helmet is very easy to take off and put on as many as you like, secondly, I don’t understand why they complained that it’s uncomfortable to lie in - it’s very convenient for me because you can easily unfasten the mount and I simply put the rest of the helmet on my head. I watched the movie and did not feel any discomfort, I didn’t even have to hold the helmet. Another thing if you want to lie on your side, but I don’t understand watching movies lying on your side, so for me this is also not a problem)

+ - The first days were very plastic, maybe that is why I felt bad on the first day, but after a few days the smell disappeared and now everything is fine with this parameter
+ - The rubber that is applied to the face is rather pleasant, soft, but does not cover completely from the external environment, but on the other hand, there have never been any problems with fogging of the lenses, I think thanks to this

- Pressure on the nose when you try to lower the helmet so that the lenses reach the level of the pupils and, accordingly, the focus was good (but I think you can get rid of it, later I will do it)
- Serious blurring of the image along the edges (Effective viewing angle is reduced to the conditional 70, that is, the field of work for moving the eye is not so big, but with a direct pupil position and only the head works, everything is fine)

In general, in conjunction with my Xiaomi redmi note 3 pro prime - everything is gorgeous, the experience is commensurate with DK2 to the full, and the picture quality is not at all inferior, only the sensors of the phone itself. Lenses, too, approximately as in the second Oculus. By the way, in the same Oculus I began to feel sick for 15-20 minutes, right there I still lasted 4-5 hours with interruptions. Ponro content looks great in a helmet, even just a 3D video through the VR player. Sadly, only one thing - I can not make friends with a computer phone nor with Riftcat, nor with Trinus, there is a feeling that this is due to the fact that I don’t have Nvidia, although the Radeon 7950 3gb 384 bit is quite good at 1100/6500 overclocked , except that a little bit old by today's standards.
If I notice something important, I will surely accomplish my goal.

Photo
Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedsamuel19782 - 12.04.17, 19:24
Reason for editing: Added a couple of photos

--------------------
Virtual reality devices3D VR (Xiaomi RN3 Pro + BM4)
fuel
Message#61
20.04.16, 17:13
VRMAN66
[offline]

Messages 2234
Check in: 07.12.07
Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE SM-G935F

According to the results of testing and analysis, I get the following rating by focal length (consider the viewing angle or the degree of approximation of the screen):
1. Baofeng 3, 3+ and 4 (with 96 degree lenses): 37-38 mm (multiple complaints about blur and lens distortion)
1. Samsung Gear VR: 39-40 mm. Only for samsung s6, s7.
1. Deepoon V3: 39-40 mm
2. Bobovr Z4 / Z4 mini / Virtoba X5 elite (42-43 mm)
3. Ritech VR max: 44-46 mm
3. Homido: 44-46 mm
3. Colorcross III / Noton: 44-46 mm
3. Cardboard 2.0: 44-46 mm
4. ANTVR TAW: 48..50 mm
4. Fiit VR (2N, 2S): (48.50 mm)
4. Fiit VR 3F: (48..50mm, but more walls are visible, because the window is smaller than in Fiit 2N or 2S)
6. Bobovr Z3 (60-63mm). With mod (50 mm extra lenses) focal 47-49 mm.
6. VR Box III PRO (Leji Mini): (60-63 mm) (unsuccessful model, the window is small for such a large focal length).

The remaining headsets have a focal length of more than 65 mm and a decent "window effect":
VR Box (1,2), VR Shinecon, Baofeng Mojing XD, Ritech (2,3) and others. They are well suited for watching 2d and 3d movies, but not for immersion.

The dividing partition of the headset is not visible at a focal length of no more than 43-44 mm (regardless of the diagonal of the phone).
Optimal focal lengths depending on size (so that the entire screen area is used, but the edges of the screen are not visible)
5 inches: 38-40 mm
5.5 inches -42-45 mm
6 inches - 46-50 mm
These values ​​are for VR content and maximum immersion.

There is another nuance - the distance of the lenses from the eyes. If the distance is more than 1.5 cm, a “window effect” appears - the edges of the lenses are visible. The closer the lenses are to the eyes and the larger the diameter of the lenses, the greater the viewing angle.

Total:
- if a large focal - "window effect", is treated only with a fresnel lens or an additional lens, well, or by replacing the headset :)
- if the lenses are far from the eyes - "window effect" - is treated by replacing the soft rim with a thinner one in order to bring the lenses closer to the eyes.

P.S. Data adjusted by live comparison results.

Post has been editedsamuel19782 - 12.04.17, 19:24

--------------------
PC VR: Deepoon E2, Oculus DK2, Pimax 4k, Oculus CV1 + Touch, HTC Vive, Deepoon E3, Lenovo WMR, Dell WMR, Sams OD, Sams OD +, Pimax 5k +
Console VR: PSVR + PS4 Pro + Aim Controll
Standalone VR: Oculus Go

706 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/29/19 20:20