VR Virtual Reality Devices - General Topic | [VR] glasses, helmets, headsets; tips, settings, opinions

Rep: (2327)
DiscussionVirtual reality devices
Discussion | My VR kit пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Virtual reality glasses do it yourself пїЅ | Selection and Comparison пїЅ | "Virtual World" theme for discussion is not a game software

Selected topics | Oculus go пїЅ | Oculus quest пїЅ | Windows Mixed Reality пїЅ | Oculus rift cv1 пїЅ | HTC Vive пїЅ | Pimax 8K пїЅ | Pimax 4K пїЅ | Daydream пїЅ | Deepoon E3 (DPVR E3) пїЅ | Homido V2, V1, Grab, mini пїЅ | Xiaomi MiVR Glass пїЅ | Xiaomi MiVR Play пїЅ | Samsung GEAR VR пїЅ | Sony Playstation VR пїЅ I VR games

Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image

Mini FAQ
Off-topic communication
Everyone who wants to chat in VR is announced the time of collection:
every sunday at 1300MSC inVTimeeither inAltspace.
In AltspaceVR go toAleksandr's house party(link for mobile altspace).
For communication is not required a helmet or glasses. In both programs, this is possible simply from a computer or phone in 2D mode.
Video from weekly meetings in Altspace

Chat in Telegram
Platform for discussion of VR technologies and projects

PC helmet or helmet and smartphone for PC games?
Cardboard VS VR helmet: visual difference
  • Helmet
    • pros
      • minimum delay
      • better tracking (due to higher performance gyros with a higher polling rate)
      • minimum dance when setting up
    • Minuses:
      • impossible to use without a PC
      • almost impossible to upgrade

• Glasses + Smartphone
    • pros :
      • cheaper if the smartphone is already possible to use without a PC (for example, to watch movies in transport).
      • easy to upgrade (replace lenses or full helmet, replace smartphone)

• Minuses:
      • dancing with the setting.
      • big, in comparison with helmets, a delay.
      • worst accuracy of tracking head movements (because high-precision sensors are not put into smartphones because of uselessness)
All this does not apply to GearVR!
GearVR has everything that a PC helmet has, but without positional tracking. PC games can be played through GearVR RiftCat optimized, and without wires.

Choosing a helmet / phone + glasses
Reviews
Improvements
QR codes
Mobile VR
AR - Augmented Reality
Streaming

VR third-party resources
Documentation
Survey Screenshots
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedmihadom - 02.04.20, 21:31
Reason for editing: Simple option to enter the VR games

Rep: (929)
xeno_sama @ 23.03.19, 6:23*
- and you may need a computer with crazy demands .. ..

But for the sake of this, people will sell the shirt to join

Crazy people - yes.
Any hobby, passing a certain limit, it becomes a mania, requiring psychiatric treatment.

Rep: (1)
Tell me please. I think of VR headset. For example, bobovr z5.Po reviews like good, but there is no adjustment for each eye. And I have a vision for the eyes is different. With the points you can use the headset? Fit? And there are no headsets with separate compensation for each eye myopia?

Rep: (32)
Check out cool stuff.
Rarely I write here about helmets for the movie (Goovis G2 / Goovis Pro), which are Full HD 3D miniature micro-oled 2h1920h1080 and 3147 PPI screens, Blu Ray 3D twist as both oled-Telecom.
Here's another very interesting come up with a new helmet. "Embedded" such hardware's Hi-Res 3147 displays PPI in VR environment (FOV 70).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTG6Z85h4k0- Luci Immers
Those. It turns out ultra-quality screen in 3D with IMAX effect in full virtual reality. There with the helmet itself, there are certain nuances, but the effect of immersion fouled cool, very unusual decision.

Rep: (466)
* Revendor,
Nothing really tough, I do not see. What other 3147 PPI? Calculators Calculate. A viewing angle of 70 you overestimated zayavleno- "They are capable of reproducing media content with a refresh rate of 60 Hz and the field of view 53Лљ", more than modest performance.
Pysy. Oh yeah ... Price: 89990 Vaiva about cheaper.

Post has been edited$ amuel - 24.03.19, 07:54

* $ amuel,
3147 PPI there is real, we are already discussing this point)) sonivskie micro-oled 0'71 inch, 1920x1080, 3147 PPI
Viewing angle of 70 overall, as seen in the full image. The visible area of ​​the screen is smaller so it is made for the full cinema effect (visible edge of the screen, chairs and other 3D environment).
The price was for those who had - $ 499. 90tys unclear where taken.
And of course this is not the VR. Helmets for the movie themselves VR-helmets, different devices and technical implementation. And different target audiences, respectively. Games<->Movie.

By the way, no. There VR and with the same quality, the same micro-oledah.
https://uploadvr.com/varjo-vr-1-high-res-lens/
That yes, more expensive than Vive Pro. Price $ 6000

Post has been editedRevendor - 24.03.19, 09:02

Revendor @ 24.03.19, 08:03*
we are already discussing this point))

I do not remember.
sonivskie micro-oled 0'71 inch, 1920x1080, 3147 the PPI

Where to get the screen size? You have any idea 0.7 "? It is a little more than one and a half centimeters. With full HD resolution ??? Do not tell my horseshoe.

Posted 03/24/2019, 9:36:

There VR and with the same quality, the same micro-oledah.

The link does not work

* Revendor,
Oh yes. According to the viewing angle. even 100 degrees is insufficient, the angle of view of human slightly higher. 70 is just a nightmare. Go to the window and vyglyante, then move away from it at 2 meters, and feel the difference. These gadgets are quite a few, and not one of them has not received international recognition. The reasons we are just discussing.
And finally, the PPI in 3147 is unattainable with existing technologies. Read materiel.
Well, most of the screen 0.7 "oledov
Almost 3000 PPI
Attached Image

Post has been edited$ amuel - 24.03.19, 09:45

Rep: (30)
sergeyfiz1 @ 24.03.19, 5:24*
For example, bobovr z5.Po reviews like good, but there is no adjustment for each eye. And I have a vision for the eyes is different. With the points you can use the headset?

I have the same situation (different vision of the eyes) - put the headset on the right glasses, no problems (also now using Oculus Go)

* $ amuel,
Let me, once again I will not be here to write the same thing, please read my comments on the HabrГ© (ED-209).
https://habr.com/ru/po...0652/#comment_19787456

About VR-helmet on the micro-oledah (if the link does not open) name: Varjo VR-1

* Revendor,
I have already said, these all-in-one devices car and small truck. And they are not worth the money that has been spent on their production.

* $ amuel,
Have it your way. People just do not vparivat VR for the movie, so that his eyes did not break people ..
https: //www.sony-semic...ed/products/index.html

Post has been editedRevendor - 24.03.19, 14:25

Rep: (208)
* $ amuel,
Do not be ignorant, read though about this class of glasses, anything to do with the all-in-one VR they have not. Luci Immers myself booked on trial because 70 degrees it is decent for a movie. Plus the weight and convenience. None of the All-in-one vr including Go and angular resolution of this quest will not do to make it like that you need at least 3000x3000 per eye. Expensive thing but bezrybe demand, though small.
0.7 inch Sony matrix with 2098 ppi back in 2011 Sony HMZ-T1 when Palmer still in the garage trying to collect his Oculus were.
The paradox of such a matrix, and is today, a small 0.7-1 inch ultra high PPI or necessary for VR 3.5 inches but with PPI 400-600. Once these two classes and meet the need for these video glasses probably disappear.

Post has been editedfuel - 24.03.19, 18:31

* fuel,
All absolutely true. Luci Immers, they, by the way, although Frame Packing and do not support, but an equivalent quality of Blu Ray 3D, you can get will be full 3D 1080p @ 60Hz on the eye. There Full- Side-By-Side (3840x1080 @ 60Hz), but only when you connect a native USB Type C (3.1 specification may be 3.0).

* fuel , exactly! I'm talking about the high cost. Any device, as long as it does not become available to the masses, can be conventionally considered a prototype.

Rep: (2)
Tven777 @ 16.03.19, 20:41*
Smartphone Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 May / 64GB for VR on Android in VR glasses and streams with 3D computer? Go?
What are the pitfalls he has to do?
specificationshttps: //market.yandex....186709/spec track = tabs?"]https: //market.yandex....186709/spec track = tabs?

I wrote the message and got no response.
Maybe now there are people in the subject who knows the answer?

Post has been editedTven777 - 24.03.19, 19:52

* Tven777 , The first stone - Comp. It is for the Stream to be powerful. The second stone stone can be considered conditional - this is the resolution of your screen body. 2K is desirable, but also your FULLHD too amiss.

Post has been editedsaniab - 24.03.19, 23:53
Reason for editing: Added. I pulled T9!

Rep: (334)
* Tven777
a rocksuchTrue, I have 3/32.
Checked on a regular karborde. Although I like the only one who caught this bug.
If this is not garbage, it can and will work. Although it is on a redminotah riftkatom had problems, but long ago it was. It may have fixed a.

Can you recommend a smartphone from the public sector and 10,000 rubles with an eye to the VR with a minimum of problems?

Post has been editedTven777 - 25.03.19, 07:28

* Tven777
Nexus 6 in Chinese.

$ Amuel @ 25.03.19, 11:44*
Nexus 6 in Chinese.

That Motorola? And then there is still HUAWEI Nexus 6P.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 28/04/20, 1:24