Xiaomi Portable USB Mini WiFi - Discussion | [usbwifi] Discussion, firmware, problem solving

Rep: (1786)
Xiaomi Portable USB Mini WiFi - Discussion
Xiaomi mini Protable wifi U disk version 8GB

A photo:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications:
Size: 27mm * 17mm * 10mm
Weight: 4g
Color: Black, White, Orange, Blue, Green, Pink
Support: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32 / 64bits, Windows 7 32 / 64bits, Windows 8 32 / 64bits
USB 2.0 Port: Yes
Compatible with: IEEE802.11n, IEEE802.11g, IEEE802.11b
11b: 1/2 / 5.5 / 11Mbps
11g: 6/9/12/18/24/36/48 / 54Mbps
11n: Up to 150Mbps
Support: network detection automatically
Transmission rate transformation
20MHz / 40MHz bandwidth: Yes
1T1R Antenna Mode: Yes
2.4G: Yes
QoS-WMM, WMM-PS: Yes
Infrastructure and Ad-hoc: Yes
Low power consumption: Yes
Power Management: Yes
Frequency range: 2.412-2.4835 GHz
Working Channel: 1-13 (China)
Transmitted power: 18 dBm (Maximum)
Insecure Use of Cryptography: WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK, 64 / 128bit WEP
Software Language: Chinese
Antenna: PIFA Antenna build in

Environment:
Working Temperature: 0 ~ 40 degrees
Storage Temperature: -20 ~ 70 degrees
Operating Humidity: 10% ~ 90% RH No Condensation
Storage Humidity: 5% ~ 90% RH No Condensation
Useful links:

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 12.02.19, 16:45
Reason for editing: another way

Rep: (21)
Guys, I ordered this router, I wait until it comes, tell me if it can be used not only as a distribution but also as a receiver? (well, let's say that I would put my tp-link router somewhere in the middle of the apartment, and mi-wifi stuck it on the computer and what would it do to use the Internet?)
and by the way who tried it on Linux? I found the driver:
http://en.miui.com/for...light=mi%2Bwifi%2Bmini

Post has been editedSonyola - 18.11.14, 16:49

Rep: (179)
SonySola @ 11/18/2014, 4:40 PM*
can it be used not only as a distribution but also as a receiver

can be used as a router and as a receiver

Rep: (0)
Tell me, how do they take xp internet via wifi?

* Sanya bp,
Probably the same as on Windows 7. Install the driver, the client has a switch - reception / transmission.
Write more about the problem, but it is not at all clear what the complexity is.

* Vl @ d_I_Mir,
Yes, there is no problem, there is a computer, there is a wifi network, there is a Xiaomi Portable USB Mini WiFi, how to connect a computer to a wifi network using Xiaomi Portable USB Mini WiFi. I have XP.

* Sanya bp,
I quote myself
Vl @ d_I_Mir @ 11/20/2014, 10:38*
become the driver, in the client there is a switch - reception / transmission.

1. Install the software. You can get all you need here -Xiaomi Portable USB Mini WiFi - Discussion (Post # 35708117)
2. Run the client file.
3. Insert the Xiaomi Portable USB Mini WiFi into the computer's USB port when the corresponding offer appears in the client.
4. In the client, switch from access point to reception.
5. In the list of emerging networks choose your own.
Voila and everything works. : bubble:
I ask you again. At what stage do you get stuck?

Rep: (44)
Tell me, please, does it accept the 5 MHz range ??? I take Xiaomi router, it works in the 2.4 and 5 MHz range, and the computer is only 2.4, can the situation be corrected with this device ???

Rep: (1786)
Igorvp @ 11/20/2014, 4:52 PM*
and the range of 5 MHz it takes?

No, only supports 2.4MHz.

Rep: (10)
There is a new usb wifi whistle from Xiaomi with 8 GB memory, it can be used as a USB flash drivehttp: //detail.tmall.co...iEBpzg&id=42451284593

Rep: (32)
There is a new usb wifi whistle from Xiaomi with 8 GB memory

Darn. And I just got an ordinary one. By the way, is it already on Ali or not?

Rep: (35)
Darn. And I just got an ordinary one. By the way, is it already on Ali or not?

Have onehas already. I will order this model with memory a little later, in December. Small as it comes, check it and put up for sale.

* StartFinish,
Maybe not only this way, I have a neighbor in the country with his help mobile 3G is distributing, and we (neighbors) spoil it with a homemade pet. An ordinary PC, it has a 3G modem (and connectunlimited faresRight now there are no problems), installed the program and does not accept WiFi on the Chinese antenna, but distributes it. I did not particularly remember the prog, but here this is clearly known to people, and has long been the button accordion.

I installed a program and does not accept WiFi on a Chinese antenna, but distributes

In general, Xiaomi Portable USB Mini WiFi is positioned as an opportunity to work in the access point mode (i.e. distribution of the Internet available on other devices). Plus can take the Internet from other access points. Client for Windows from the header to help.

Rep: (1946)
Darn. And I just got an ordinary one.
Why do you need a $ 8 flash drive? For this money, you can take a decent usb3 in the local shop. :-)

The whistle came yesterday, today I tried it on XP - it works nominally, i.e. network is created, you can connect to it. But further, on the Internet, does not allow. Perhaps the problems of a particular PC or our network at work. Later I will try on other machines with XP.
I would like to separately say thanks to all those who posted software and drivers, both original and English / Russian builds, in the topic above.

Post has been editedAstus - 03.12.14, 11:58

Rep: (13)
I wrote, when there are several networks, then problems begin (at least on XP):
I’m on XP and fighting, but I think it’s not about the OS, but the conflict of the LAN-3G Modem-Whistle, how to tie them all together so that someone who knows chews.
You wrote that you will use:
Astus @ 11/10/2014, 23:28*
on XP + ordinary cable Internet
and now it’s kind of like other conditions:
Astus @ 12/03/2014, 12:53*
Perhaps problems ... or our network at work

With "ordinary cable Internet" everything turns out without problems. That's when several networks (as I have at work, in my case, 1.) "Local network of the enterprise" +2.) "Local network of the 3G Modem" +3.) "Wireless WiFi whistle") then the problems begin:
Detailed description of the problem
Data:
1 local area network 1- which combines several computers. In it my IP is 172.16.0.53; Subnet Mask - 255.255.0.0; The main gateway is nothing; DNS servers - 172.16.7.19, 172.16.7.19; WINS server - 172.16.0.200

2 local area network 2- which creates a 3G-Modem (huawei e303). My IP is 192.168.1.100 in it; Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0; The main gateway - 198.168.1.1; DHCP server - 192.168.1.1; DNS servers - 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.1; WINS server - nothing

3 wirelesscreated by the WiFI whistle "Xiaomi Portable USB Mini WiFi". There are different data in it, I don’t understand what it depends on:
IP address
ipconfig command shows 192.168.123.1, but when I look at the TCP / IP properties, the address is 172.16.0.1. But! .. It happens that in the TCP / IP properties this address changes to an address - 192.168.123.1, sometimes to an address - 10.0.2.11. At the same time (unsure, but in my opinion) the ipconfig command shows some other IP, one of three (192.168.123.1, 172.16.0.1, 10.0.2.11)
Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
Main gate
Usually empty, but somehow, after the next reboot, if you look at the details of the network connection in detail, it gives out - 10.0.2.2
DNS server
Again,usually empty, but somehow, after the next reboot, if you look in detail at the details of the network connection, it gives - 192.168.1.1

4 as I wrote in the first paragraph, my computer is on the local network and a proxy server is installed on it, which distributes the Internet received through the 3G Modem (see paragraph 2)

Now, if you use this whistle-WiFi, then everything works randomly: it happens that the Internet immediately disappears on the computers that receive it from my computer; it happens that everything, everyone works as it should for about 15 minutes, it takes longer, maybe 2 hours; it happens that everything works, but after some time the Internet stops working on devices that receive it via WiFi; generally somehow randomly, without any system.

PS
- I was advised to disable the DHCP server on the 3G Modem, but I need a “face”, but I did not find it for the huawei e303, and in the standard one, the network setting is “automatically” and frozen (and the DHCP server parameter not there).
- Maybe some gateways are needed?
- Maybe something with a metric?
- Maybe a bridge?
I would be grateful if someone could tell me a solution, how to achieve stability of these three networks at the same time?

I did not find a solution when working in the conditions of three networks on XP.

A new version has already been released: 2.4.831

Vittsan @ 12/04/2014, 09:12*
and now it’s kind of like other conditions:

The conditions are the same - a regular ethernet from a completely ordinary router is included in the PC, i.e. the same bunch of "XP + patch cord", everything, there are no more networks on the PC. By "our network" I mean a provider who was moping on that day.
In any case, since I have not tried it again, there is no time and a suitable machine with XP.

I agree with this:
Vittsan @ 12/04/2014, 09:12*
everything works randomly

My whistle also behaved, its wireless network saw-clung normally, then fell off completely, then came to life again, and its IP addresses also danced.

Rep: (13)
A new version has already been released: 2.4.831
I tried a new version, but with it, I also get the same situation as inAstus :
Astus @ 12/03/2014, 12:53*
those. network is created, you can connect to it. But further, on the Internet, does not allow.
Before that, I used the old version - 2.3.759, and everything was fine on XP (i.e. in the case of "XP + normal cable Internet (Ethernet)").
When I deleted the new version (2.4.831) and installed the old one (2.3.759), it all worked again.
Astus which version was used?
for Astus
Apparently I understood what was the matter with youAstus .
Astus You are probably the term “cable Internet” as the Internet that receives your computer over a local network from a proxy server installed on one of the machines on your local network.
I wrote to you about my home Internet, which I receive from my city’s Internet provider using technology!Ethernet. And in your case, of course the Internet will not be distributed. You simply create a WiFi network, but without distributing the Internet.
Then, of course, there is no difference what version of the driver, the Internet will not be heard in with any driver.

Sori, re-read your message above, again, it’s certainly Ethernet))

Post has been editedvittsan - 05.12.14, 14:25

I tried a new version, but with it, I also have the same situation as Astus:

I don’t know, I downloaded a new version, and replaced the exe file with this theme (what would be to Russify) everything worked

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 04/08/19 21:22