Chuwi V89 - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 8.1 | 8.9 "| Intel Z3735F 1.83GHz | 2GB RAM

Rep: (15)
PictureChuwi v89
Description| Discussion пїЅ | Purchase " | Accessories В» | Firmware " | A source of information
Windows 8-8.1 пїЅ | Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Bay Trail пїЅ | Windows 7 пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Official site
Specifications:
Model: V89
White colour
Operating system: Windows 8.1
Screen size: 8.9 inches IPS (16: 9 ratio)
Resolution: Full HD 1920 * 1200 (Samsung Retina)
Multitouch: Capacitive 10-touch
Processor: Quad-Core Intel Z3735F 1.83 GHz
RAM: 2Gb DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 7th generation
Built-in memory: 32 / 64Gb (eMMC)
Front camera: 2 megapixel
Rear camera: 5 megapixel
Support:
- Wifi: Yes, 802.11 b / g / n
- Built-in 3G: WCDMA - 900 / 2100MHz (2G: GSM - 900 / 1800MHz)
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- GPS
- SD cards: up to 64Gb
- OTG
- G-Sensor
Connectors: 1x Micro USB, 1x Micro SD, 1x Micro SIM, 3.5mm-jack
Battery: 6400mAh
Speakers: Stereo (ACC)
Dimensions: 233.2 * 148.2 * 8 mm (weight 445 g)
Additional Information:
Additional photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Any utility
- A source of information:http://bbs.chuwi.com/forum.php(but for comfortable use, it is advisable to insert this link into Google search and select “translate page”) just set “v89” to the site search.
P.S: antivirus constantly swears at this site.
- Drivers for Windows 8.1 x86:http://my-files.ru/6j2f39
- BIOS:http://my-files.ru/gjzz4z
- Official build of Windows 8.1 x86 Bing with pre-installed drivers and Office 365:https://yadi.sk/d/3f0W0kgDdrhmx
Detailed instructions for installing Windows 8.1
1. Format the USB flash drive in fat32 or, be sure to rename it to "Winpe" (without quotes).
2. Download and unpack the archive, the contents of the folder "S895_F_3_CHUWI_EN & ZH & HK_NO_WW41_V1.0.7.T" are copied to the USB flash drive.
3. Make sure that the tablet does not have a microSD card, connect the USB flash drive and keyboard to the tablet via a hub (not necessarily with power).
4. Turn on the tablet and press ESC until you get to the choice.
5. In the menu, click "Boot Manager" and select "EFI USB Device (General USB Flash Disk)" - this is our flash drive - press Enter, it will boot from the flash drive.
6. At the end of the installation, the computer should turn itself off, remove the flash drive and turn on the tablet - configuration will go. At some point, you can choose English language.

Recommendation: after formatting the flash drive, open "Control Panel \ Administrative Tools \ Computer Management \ Disk Management" and look for the partition on the flash drive to be marked "Active", if not, make it that way (right mouse button - make it active).

SOLVING THE PROBLEM OF JOINT WORK WiFi and Bluetooth

Making of 5 fingers 10
As it turned out, the drivers for the 5-point multitouch are installed from the factory, and the panel itself works with 10 touches, then this bug can be eliminated at the request of the owner.
Link to the driver for the touchscreen:https://yadi.sk/d/2EnQCbUQdqTiG
Instruction:
- unpack the archive;
- go to the task manager and select: HID devices ->KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch i2c;
- in the driver tab click update ->find drivers on this computer ->and select the folder with the drivers.

When installing drivers, the touchscreen will be temporarily disabled, but at the end of the process everything should work.

Prog for SMS

Turn off sleep mode for Windows (turn on hibernation by default

Enabling full hibernation

Installing Dualboot on the tablet

Instructions with files from sanir76:
Chuwi v89
Archive with full firmware for CHUWI V89 64Gb DualBOOT. Instructions in Russian are present inside:ChuwiV89
Or one more:
Files for firmware:
https://yadi.sk/d/vCnQBrBEfxHDL
Files for 32GB version:
Chuwi v89
Instructions on firmware (the links information is similar, but complements each other):
Chuwi v89
Chuwi v89

Switch from DualOS to SingleOS

option to get Root rights for Android

Running GPS from under Windows (complete instructions with all links
Updated version (fewer problems):Chuwi v89
Initial option:Chuwi v89

Connecting the tablet to the TV (with video, TV - LG

Template of the protective film on the tablet (Luxcase universal film for cutting according to the template)
Chuwi v89
Instruction:Chuwi v89

Solving the problem with the time difference in Win and Android

Repartitioning the size of partitions for Android
By default, 10GB is allocated for android, but you can do more or less
Chuwi v89
For advanced users, there is a batch file for creating a partition.tbl file:
Chuwi v89

Increase productivity in android games

Xposed to Chuwi v89 (Intel x86) works!

Disassembly + photo of the entrails

Simultaneous charging and working with devices (hub scheme)

How to remove Android?

Rolling back the touchscreen drivers to the factory ones, if it doesn't work, or there are phantom clicks (after replacing the touch / update of the Windows drivers)

The tablet does not turn on, it is heated on charging. Short circuit power (successful repair of the power circuit)

Post has been editedMaksim UA - 13.03.19, 17:36
Reason for editing: upd

Rep: (23)
Maksim UA @ 11.26.2014, 00:35*
Well, comrades, the device on hand

Congratulations on your purchase. How is the screen strongly branded? How long does the battery last for surfing?

Rep: (12)
Immediately questions :)
1) How to use - is it normal to use Windows with this resolution and screen size?
2) Does it work fast? Can I run Photoshop and do something there or not?
3) How long does it work?
4) How is the sound from external speakers?
5) How much free memory?

Well, the question is only with a subjective answer - how to use compared to Android tablets (if they were)? As far as I know, there are a few "tablet" games on Windows 8, they help out desktop ones, but it’s harder to download, install correctly, wait a long time ... I’m wondering how much hemorrhoids are and would you like to use such a windows tablet?
Thank!

1. It’s normal to use, and if someone has problems, you can increase the size on the main screen and change the resolution on the classic Windows screen.
2. It works pretty quickly, no complaints so far. I didn’t set Photoshop, maybe I’ll try later (although I’m still a teapot in it).
3. At the expense of the battery, it is too early to judge, but approximately with Wifi on and average brightness: 5-6 hours.
4. The speakers are pleased, loud, and in principle give a fairly high-quality sound.
5. When the tablet came, the Windows (classic) was completely clean, and it was free about 49GB (out of 64).

I used a little planet and that's what. At first I noticed from him, periodically, flickering the screen (2-3 seconds after opening a new application, or going to the desktop), but this side went by itself, and perhaps from the installed updates of Windows. There was also a side with the work of the entire system, when after 10-20 minutes of use, or setting thresholds / games in Windows, everything started to be terribly slow, it seemed that the RAM was a concern. But just as with the first problem, the second one also went away (either by itself or after updates).
By the time everything is not even bad: you can surf the Internet for 6 hours (+/- of course). The screen seemed to me very bright, and therefore the brightness settings I set below average.
Still from not clear is GPS. Either I do not know how to use it, and in which programs it can work, or it is not working. I did not notice his work in any maps. There are of course in the app store navigation applications, but they are all paid.
It's not so easy to install desktop games. I tried to put some kind of Total War, everything is installed, it starts, but when the game process loads, it crashes. Cossacks set without problems. AutoCAD 2015 has also become, and is working stably. I will try other games, transferring the installed game from the computer.
So in general, I am satisfied with the planet, there are no such sides that would create inconvenience.
Ask questions if something is interesting.

So it moved with GPS. After installing this threshold here: all the maps immediately showed my location. I also tried to work with the navigation program “Seven Roads”, but she doesn’t want to find any satellites.

Rep: (14)
Maksim UA Do a memory speed test AS SSD Benchmark , Denis said that the memory is cheap, slow.

Post has been editedlomanosik - 29.11.14, 04:43

* lomanosik,
Ok, in the evening will be. And I figured out with gps, you just had to create additional som ports.

voyo a1 mini memory samsung mbg4gc

Attached Image

Here is what the memory speed is:
Attached Image

Toshiba 064GE2 memory.

Post has been editedMaksim UA - 29.11.14, 20:27

Maksim UA How is the situation with 3G? What is the signal level, are the frequencies suitable for RF frequencies?

So far, I have not checked 3g, and it is unlikely that I will check, in Ukraine, the frequencies for 3g have only been sold to one operator so far, but I don’t understand whether 900/2100 is suitable. For the Internet, I will definitely buy a card, but it will be only 2g.

Rep: (2)
Well, why, why is there no HDMI output? Would be ideal for me :(
Not to mention at least one additional full-sized USB-connector, but absolutely (for absolutely unknown reasons) absolutely all manufacturers sin ...

Rep: (7)
How to connect an external monitor or TV set? Maybe on a waffle? or through yusb?

Rep: (9)
I took a 64GB subject at a discount here:tytsdiscount ends after 2 days

Rep: (7)
: sveta: Has the commune arrived that thread? I would like to hear the experience of real owners of the device .. what toys in what capacity go .. like a screen? battery relno lives or so-so ..

and most importantly how to hack to him a monitor-TV?

There is no hdmi - this is a fat minus, at the right time you can’t connect it to the monitor, TV, sadness, (but 64GB is a plus, but it doesn’t cover this minus. There will be a z3736f and I advise you to look closely at the proz intel z3735f / z3736f there is still a bit like the z3740, but there is already a different price ... I'm confused between onda v102w and teclast x98 air 2

Post has been editedVitaliytt - 12.12.14, 05:38

zip43r 3G signal check

Rep: (621)
Declared weight 360 g. Dear owners, can you weigh how much the real weight of the device?

Declared weight 360 g. Dear owners, can you weigh how much the real weight of the device?

Actual weight with glued film - 445 g.
And about the connection to the monitors / TV, I think the MHL cable should come up (but I did not check).

Post has been editedMaksim UA - 19.12.14, 22:08

I never bought a 3G SIM card, but I have already tried 2G edge (from Kyivstar). Works fine, without interruptions. I tried to watch videos from youtube (144-360p, did not try the higher quality), it goes well. And so much to say nothing.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/27/19 11:09