Asus Nexus Player [Android] | [TV box] [Intel Atom]

Rep: (121)
DiscussionAsus nexus player
PictureTv box
Description |Discussion пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Catalog of programs for media extensions | A source of information

• To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specifications:
  • Intel Atom quad-core processor with a frequency of 1.83 GHz;
  • graphics accelerator: Imagination PowerVR Rogue G6430;
  • API OpenGL ES 3.1;
  • RAM: 1 GB;
  • internal memory: 8 GB;
  • ports: DC power 18 W, HDMI out (1920x1080 @ 60Hz), microUSB 2.0;
  • wireless interfaces: Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2x2 (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1;
  • dimensions: 120 x 120 x 20 mm;
  • weight: 235 g

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Reviews
itc.uafrom 01/22/2015

Additional Information:
Together with the new smartphone and tablet, Google showed the world the Nexus Player set-top box, which was developed jointly with Asus. The console in an unusual round black case is a real multimedia center that combines the widest possibilities for interaction with electronic devices of all kinds: from smartphones to laptops and stationary computers. Nexus Player runs on Android TV and can play videos, music, photos, and also allows you to play games from Google Play Games thanks to a wireless controller. In addition, the console has the ability to voice control through a remote control with built-in microphone.

The controller is not included in the kit and must be purchased separately (the cost of the device). It allows you to play various games from Google Play Games with friends or strangers via the Internet. A number of services will provide services to all users of Nexus Player, in particular, Nextflix, TuneIn, YouTube, TED, Pandora and many others.

The pre-order was opened on October 17, 2014, and the prefix went on sale on November 3, 2014.
Product page

Instructions
Applications
Online cinema
HD videobox- huge online cinema
Movian- the media center is designed for use on a TV screen
Kodi- home theater for Android
Megogo.net- online cinema
Watching TV
TVIrl- view IPTV on Android TV (embedded in Google Live Channels as a source)
Youtv- Ukrainian interactive television (works only in Ukraine)
Lanet.TV- digital TV online Lanet.TV
SmartIPTV- IPTV player for Android TV
PerfectPlayer- viewing IPTV channels, online video and local files
Lazyiptv- functional IPTV client for Android
IPTV- view IPTV on Android
Peers.TV- application for watching TV online and in recording 24 hours a day
TorrentTV- official Torrent-TV app *
Live (Google Live Channels)- an application for viewing IPTV on Android TV
Listening to radio stations / podcasts / music
Tunein radio- convenient listening to Internet radio stations
musiXmatch lyrics- the best player with lyrics for Android
Soundcloud- the official client of the SoundCloud service
MyTuner Radio- a large number of FM radio stations
Video players
MX Player- advanced video player
VLC for Android- version of the famous VLC player for Android
Archos Video Player- universal media player
Alternative launchers (home screen replacement)
HALauncher
Sideload launcher
Alternative keyboard
Leankey- language packs for stock keyboard
Fire TV style keyboard- keyboard in the style of Fire TV
Remote control
Android TV Remote Control- player control with android devices (stock app)
Remote Android TV- player control with android devices. Allows you to send the player to sleep (turn off the screen)
Cetusplay- remote for Android TV
* - not fully optimized application for TV version. There may be difficulties in control with the remote control. After installation does not appear on the main screen

Purchase
Useful

K
There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 13.03.18, 12:36
Reason for editing: Testing solder on the console wires of different lengths

Rep: (418)
What, no one plans to take? :) Having Minix Neo X8-H, I was slightly surprised by the modesty of the filling (1GB + 8GB, ports, lack of LAN, remote control, not a mouse). Well, android tv instead of android 5 is somehow not very.

Post has been editedcat_baxter - 16.10.14, 17:43

Rep: (120)
* cat_baxter
Yes, it's the same thing, just renamed and slightly optimized for TV. The same bucket, but with a different handle.

* Lindström

The question is whether there will be a root :) Or like in Amazon Fire TV ....

Rep: (13)
It seems like the declared price is 99 dollars + 40 if you also need a gamepad

Rep: (2)
very interesting to get this thing and try to turn it into a perfect media harvester, what do you think is destined ??

what I want: iptv, torrent tv, torrent jump to external usb hdd (or network ball), access to resources from online cinema, apple airplay (dream), essno games (may take some time while developed to adapt to TV), hdmi-cec (required)

Rep: (8)
One question: HOW TO BUY IT? : girl_hysterics:

Market writes: Sorry! Devices on Google Play is not available in your country yet.

Post has been editedvuglusker - 14.11.14, 21:07

* vuglusker
Well, as usual - google "how to buy on the American Google play"

* vuglusker
or just wait for appearing in human online stores with courier delivery the next day and pay on delivery.

Rep: (0)
What is the Nexus on Android TV? Is this device closer to a full-fledged device on which you can install the necessary programs, for example, your favorite browser, AdBlock, etc., or is it a prefix like SmartTV?

Rep: (57)
* RoyBatty,
Closer to the full android. You can install applications and games, as well as connect various devices

Rep: (11)
Lindström @ 10/16/2014, 5:34 PM*
Yes, it's the same thing, just renamed and slightly optimized for TV. The same bucket, but with a different handle.

No, it's not a bucket either. Nexus Player’s goals are different.
One of them is ease of use, convenient control of the set-top box using the remote control.

dmd023 @ 10.28.2014, 02:02*
very interesting to get this thing and try to turn it into a perfect media harvester, what do you think is destined ??

Maybe in the future. Since NP works on Android TV, which is still very raw.
For example, it is not possible to customize the main screen andofficiallyYou can not install the standard Android application on it. And today - applications for Android TVnearlynot.

One question: HOW TO BUY IT? : girl_hysterics:

Market writes: Sorry! Devices on Google Play is not available in your country yet.

I advise you not to hurry with the purchase. Today, besides watching YouTube and using Google Play Music, there’s nothing to do with Nexus Player.

And, by the way, for the first time, Nexus has no interface in Russian.

Laker8 @ 11/18/2014, 7:45 PM*
Closer to the full android. You can install applications and games, as well as connect various devices

Alas, it is not. Officially, Android standard Android apps are not supported.
But they can be installed. The main problem - with the standard remote from the Nexus can not use them.

Rep: (34)
* IPVPN, Do you know exactly what you are writing about or are these your assumptions? Can links confirm your words?
And then I was going to take a subject with an eye on using it as a full-fledged huge Android “tablet”.

Post has been editedLlypukk - 01.02.16, 12:36

LLlypukk @ 11/20/2014, 4:45 PM*
* IPVPN, Do you know exactly what you are writing about or are these your assumptions? Can links confirm your words? And then I was going to take a subject with an eye on using it as a full-fledged huge Android “tablet”.

Yes, I know what I'm writing about.
What exactly are you interested in?

Rep: (7)
The absence of the Russian language - this is very interesting, can I link?
And the question is still tormented by this, is it possible to use this player in the chromecast mode, which in recent times makes me more and more happy
In the zagbugorny reviews, this function is not particularly shown ((

IPVPN @ 11/20/2014, 09:40*
Alas, it is not. Officially, Android standard Android apps are not supported.

But you can put a normal android! Why did they come up with this TV, it’s not at all clear that it’s better to buy a ready-made Smart TV.

Burnyi @ 11/20/2014, 7:10*
The absence of the Russian language - this is very interesting, can I link?
And the question is still tormented by this, is it possible to use this player in the chromecast mode, which in recent times makes me more and more happy
In the zagbugorny reviews, this function is not particularly shown ((

1. Asus Google Nexus Player 2014 - Languages :
- English (English)
- Spanish (EspaГ±ol)
- French (Français)
- Japanese (ж—Ґжњ¬)
Attached Image

Oddly enough, but for nowEVERYTHING , there are no other languages. And it is unlikely to be soon.

2. Google Cast feature (Chromecast) :
Chromecast in Nexus Player works with a bang!
If you want to replace NP your cute Chromecast with, then feel free to do it.

Post has been editedSergey_Ace - 20.11.14, 22:14

Lindström @ 11/20/2014, 7:54 PM*
But you can put a normal android! Why did they come up with this TV, it’s not at all clear that it’s better to buy a ready-made Smart TV.

Again. There is no such possibility yet. And why then even buy a Nexus Player? Buy yourself a Chinese console for the same money.

It should be understood that this is a completely new product that has not even turned a month.
The idea of ​​Google is to develop the Android platform for TV.

p / s: Despite the dampness of the Nexus player, it works very smoothly compared to Chinese products, it does not hang. Very easy to use with one remote.
So far, the only negative is a LARGE lack of applications. But really believe that very soon they will appear.

Thank you for the clarification! And one more thing, maybe tell me, the cast function in which resolution goes? Hope not in 720p?

Burnyi @ 11/20/2014, 20:46*
Thank you for the clarification! And one more thing, maybe tell me, the cast function in which resolution goes? Hope not in 720p?

Not tested, but I think as well as on Khromkast.
So it depends on:
Internet speed + + screen resolution + movie resolution = cast function in which resolution goes

Why I asked ... At home a fast Internet, a good router, but the chrome-card itself limits the resolution to 720p. And in the American review I saw how a person connects via usb hard and launches the movie in fullhd.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/16/19 16:44