ASUS RT-N18U - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, settings, reviews

Rep: (1855)
ASUS RT-N18U - Discussion

A photo:
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Description:
High-speed Wi-Fi router (2.4 GHz, 600 Mbps)

Energy efficient processor and TurboQAM в„ў technology provide data transfer rates up to 600 Mbps, which is 33% higher than traditional N equipment
Five Gigabit Ethernet ports and Turbo NAT technology for hardware NAT acceleration
AiRadar technology increases the signal power towards the receiver and extends the network coverage radius up to 150%
Built-in USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports - the ability to connect drives, printers, 3G / 4G modems
ASUS AiCloud - data storage, synchronization and translation
Specifications:
Standards
IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IPv4, IPv6
Data transfer rate
802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11Mbps
802.11g: 6,9,12,18,24,36,48,54Mbps
802.11n: up to 450Mbps
802.11n TurboQAM: up to600Mbps
Antenna
Detachable antenna x 3
Operating frequency
2.4GHz
Encryption
64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, WPS support
Firewall / Access Control
Firewall: SPI intrusion detection, DoS protection
Access control: Parental control, Network service filter, URL filter, Port filter
Control
UPnP, IGMP v1 / v2 / v3, DNS Proxy, DHCP, NTP Client, DDNS, Port Triger, Universal Repeater, System Event Log
VPN support
Ipsec pass-throuth
PPTP Pass-Through
L2TP Pass-Through
PPTP server
OpenVPN server
PPTP client
L2TP client
OpenVPN client
WAN connection type
Internet connection type: Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE (MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
WAN Bridge support
Multicast Proxy support
Multicast Rate Setting support
Programs and utilities
.Download master
- support BT, NZB, HTTP, ED2K
- support encryption, DHT, PEX and magnet link
- upload and download bandwidth control
- download scheduling
.Media server:
- Image: JPEG
- Audio: mp3, wma, wav, pcm, mp4, lpcm, ogg
- Video: asf, avi, divx, mpeg, mpg, ts, vob, wmv, mkv, mov
.QoS:
- WMM
- User definable rules for IP / MAC / Port. Upload and Download bandwidth management.
- ACK / SYN / FIN / RST / ICMP with Highest priority
.Guest Network
- 2.4GHz guest network x 4
.Printer Server: multifunctional printer support (Windows nly), LPR protocol support
.File server: Samba and FTP server with account management
.PPTP VPN server
.Network map
.Traffic monitor
Interfaces
4 x RJ45 for 10/100/1000 / Gigabits BaseT for LAN, 1 x RJ45 for 10/100/1000 / Gigabits BaseT for WAN
USB 2.0 x 1
USB 3.0 x 1
Buttons
WPS Button, Reset Button, Power Button
LED indicators
PWR x 1
Wi-Fi x 1
LAN x 1
WAN x 1
USB x 2
Nutrition
AC Input: 110V ~ 240V (50 ~ 60Hz)
DC Output: 12 V with max. 1.5 A current
OS compatibility
Windows 7
WindowsВ® 8.1
Windows vista
WindowsВ® 8
Windows 2000
Windows ME
Windows xp
Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
Mac OS X 10.x or higher
WindowsВ® Server 2003
WindowsВ® Server 2008
Mac os x
Mac OS X 10.6
Mac OS X 10.7
Mac OS X 10.8
Linux Kernel (Support Ubuntu only)
Linux
Dimensions
207 x 150 x 37 mm (WxDxH)
Weight
520 g
Contents of delivery
1 x RT-N18U 2.4GHz 600Mbps High Power Router
1 x RJ-45 cable
1 x Power adapter
1 x QSG
1 x Warranty card
Additional functions
3G / 4G data sharing, AiCloud, Printer server, Download Master, AiDisK, Multiple SSIDs, Parental Control
Operation mode
Wireless router mode
Range extender mode
Access point mode
Media bridge mode
Useful links:

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS.

Post has been editedctich - 25.08.18, 18:57
Reason for editing: Asus RT-N18U Router - Overview and Setup

Rep: (37)
Snumric @ 12.03.19, 08:51*
Not

let down

Rep: (0)
Hello! The problem was. Iota 4 g using a modem. Two months it worked without any problems, then began to fall off the Internet. When restarting the router and the modem to re-appear online but runs 30 minutes and is chopped off. When working in a laptop modem everything works fine. What could be the problem?

Rep: (472)
Hrap11 @ 18.03.19, 17:04*
What could be the problem?
I do not have modems, but try to clean the nvram.

Rep: (86)
Hrap11 @ 18.03.19, 23:04*
What could be the problem?

I have a modem works fine firmware from Hugo, the latest RC2

Rep: (5)
Help please, while his wife had not killed: blush:

A year ago, I bought the ASUS RT-N18U and external HDD to it in order to make his wife in the kitchen (this detached house near) normal fayvay plus to write on the HDD via FTP video from multiple cameras Dahua. While the cameras were two - year all spent just wonderful. But here in the spring, the winter bought three cameras, connect the third and ... oops! I can no longer connect to the Router nouta for FTP - "too much of connections." What kind of ... it seems to be worth a maximum of 9 simultaneous connections in the settings ?! By night reflections and experiences coming to the conclusion that each chamber opens at 4 (four) FTP konnekta and my idea is flying to the devil (((mated Asus as a NAS and a camera I could not (online writing I'm not the only one).

That's the question - whether it is possible to increase the number of connections allowed FTP over to 9, at least 20? - if not, what alternative firmware a try? Plus it is very desirable to Asus it can continue to operate in a mode of expansion vayfaynoy home network.

Thank! It may have time to think of that until the evening gospriemka come :)

Buy a video recorder worth a penny!

Rep: (104)
* dagdag,
Is firmware allows you to put the number of connections is greater than 9?

in the web interface of my official firmware 3.0.0.4.382_50624 you can specify only one character - the figure, respectively maximum = 9 (((

* dagdag,
Straight zhlobstvo some. Now I should Fresh tomatoes, there is setting of 0 means an unlimited number of all.

bas-67 @ 03/21/19, 12:14*
I should Fresh tomatoes, there is setting of 0 means an unlimited number of general
Please tell me, how to find it (via the link in the header threads walked not found, there are other tomatoes) and where to read, how to install?

* dagdag,
Install through recovery utility. If you are ready for a radical change in the interface, so even without the Russian, then try. Well, then all the settings will have to re-enter (mandatory clean NVRAM).

bas-67 , Russian to me is not important, it is important to me to make things work, other way (except for the firmware change) is still there.

UPD: firmware frombas-67 filled (Rauter became raskoryaku, the Internet gives, and of no network) - nvram cleaned for fidelity in two ways (30-30-30 and click wps) - vebmorda there and go explore. bas-67 , Thank!!

UPD2: it was not possible to link it to the new firmware for wifi with the "main" house-Router (Zuxel Keenetic). The official firmware was simple - "to switch to the network expansion mode" and all ... And then some sort of sodomy, by God.

Post has been editeddagdag - 21.03.19, 17:13

* dagdag,
Wireless Ethernet Bridge

bas-67 @ 03/21/19, 17:30*
Wireless Ethernet Bridge
And it's working! Why write all that is necessary to put the Wireless Mode =WDS ...
Hop andit is necessary to set all the parameters of the "main" Rauter . As a result, the fic understand which of the Router is now clinging to your device, and between Router is working in what the multivibrator mode - the interface Zukselya see how Asus appears and disappears ... Now, I'm connected to Zukselyu, Ping Asus:
Pinging 192.168.1.200 with 32 bytes of data:
The answer from 192.168.1.200: bytes = 32 time = 3ms TTL = 64
Timed out request.
Timed out request.

With the official firmware was like something normal - I pointed out which network to cling to, and pointed out a separate SSID Asus. Everything was clear and obvious ...

I understand that I have the wrong Murzilki reading, please poke my muzzle to the right, so that I could be picked up with Asus tomatoes on board to Zukselyu with SSID1 Asus and I had SSID2. Devices connected to Zukselyu be visible counterparts connected to ADR (and vice versa). It worked so well with the official firmware, yet I have not taken down))

Post has been editeddagdag - 21.03.19, 18:21

Rep: (119)
* dagdag , Well on informal Merlin from 1 to 10 ...
Here is a discussionthere is

Post has been editedmikl2901 - 21.03.19, 20:01

dagdag @ 21.03.19, 14:19*
Please tell me, how to find it (via the link in the header threads walked not found, there are other tomatoes)
The cap has a link- Kille's72, this is freshtomato.

yuran72 Yes I did it yesterday afternoon still found and filled in the Router, as unsubscribed, as well as sodomy, which was then :)

But the great Russian people, and, following his proverbs (put off until tomorrow what can be done the next day, sleep on it, if something is left alone, it will begin to develop itself, and the like) yesterday I stopped my attempts and taste a glass of vodka) )) this morning, I wake up at 5 in the morning, I turn on the Router Asus - hop! and it clearly prikonnektilos to the primary and work! how - only knows him ... that's plugged screw understand how his beautiful remount (rather than in the folder / temp) ...

Post has been editeddagdag - 22.03.19, 05:35

dagdag @ 22.03.19, 6:34*
(Not in a folder / temp) ...
it will be installed in the / tmp / mnt, so all firmware. What is not satisfied with the / tmp?
PS. Now I do not know how to usb3.0, have not messed around with them, but does not work on tomatkah usb3.0. Rather, he works as a usb2.0. And the last time I put tomatki, there were problems with the wifi, the signal strength is weak and periodically jumped, like a horse.

Post has been editedyuran72 - 22.03.19, 05:51

yuran72 @ 22.03.19, 05:45*
it will be installed in the / tmp / mnt, so all firmware
And God is with him. Let it be so, does not matter.

Radical another question - Asus with Tomatkoy connected to the main Zukselyu in bridge mode - Wireless Ethernet Bridge. All OK. But! It turns out in this mode to Asus for fayfay that other clients are not connected ?! Oops ... and what to do ...

And yes ... already connected the four cameras and a laptop - all working well ...

Post has been editeddagdag - 22.03.19, 07:43

Rep: (26)
dagdag @ 21.03.19, 11:51*
in the web interface of my official firmware 3.0.0.4.382_50624 you can specify only one character - the figure, respectively maximum = 9 (((

Have you tried to stock '0' or not?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 12/10/19, 15:45